Page 47 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2237383940414243444546474849505152535455565772 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20] - OUTDATED

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.6.2 + Custom Packs [upd: feb.27/20]

Quote Originally Posted by Aureliae View Post
    I don't think it is; I tried playing with only the DeI files and the Testudo files and the game crashes every time.
    Nevermind, found the problem...

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.6.2 + Custom Packs [upd: feb.27/20]

Which DEI 12tpy mod should we use, twcenter or steam? I only ask because the twcenter version has quite a few more db changes then the steam version. Love your work!

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

@gnosis: Hey Jake, wondering if the old Arbitirs mod is included in this? Also, is Dresden's Sack, Liberate etc... Mod necessary to allow all factions to liberate, satrapy etc..?

DAIA is outdate, it doesn't properly work, don't use it. I plan to do something custom inspired by DAIA but I have first to see how the AI is behaving through DIGS, before taking decisions. It seems to me that the values we have in DeI, as for now, are statistically pretty good though.

I don't know much about that mod... shouldn't conflict though, check what tables it is editing and check if I edited them too inside testudo (main pack most probably). Anyway there should be just db inside so they shouldn't harm anything anyway.
    I wouldn't advice it but yes, should be compatibe

@Aureliae
    yep, there shouldn't be crashes anywhere

@kshar
    There is no difference at all between the 2 packs, both just have the "historical_characters_tables" to set spawned historical characters properly, use the one you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    @gnosis: Hey Jake, wondering if the old Arbitirs mod is included in this? Also, is Dresden's Sack, Liberate etc... Mod necessary to allow all factions to liberate, satrapy etc..?

DAIA is outdate, it doesn't properly work, don't use it. I plan to do something custom inspired by DAIA but I have first to see how the AI is behaving through DIGS, before taking decisions. It seems to me that the values we have in DeI, as for now, are statistically pretty good though.

I don't know much about that mod... shouldn't conflict though, check what tables it is editing and check if I edited them too inside testudo (main pack most probably). Anyway there should be just db inside so they shouldn't harm anything anyway.

@Aureliae

@kshar
    There is no difference at all between the 2 packs, both just have the "historical_characters_tables" to set spawned historical characters properly, use the one you want.
    Thanks Jake! I also have the issue someone else mentioned, I think the alternative hoplite pack plays much better in battle, I dont want to messup edits in the files, but ive started tinkering mind pointing to what is needed for compatibility.

Looking through the files, I "think" all one needs to change is the animation to roman spear from hybrid, the rest seems to work. I'll see how this develops

Semisalis

as strange as it may sound the hd packs from celticus seems to not be compatible with testudo. lots of missing textures with both activated...

Patrician

@kshar
    oh yeah, I forgot to do them, I'll see it tomorrow. I don't really think it can just be an animation entry honestly...

@Goffredo
    weren't you talking about that into another thread some days ago? I think that pack is simply not fully compatible with DeI and I have nothing at all into testudo who can make it more or less compatible, not a single thing about textures or models or something related to 3D things.

Open Celticus pack(s) with PFM/RPFM. Is there a file called "scripting.lua" inside the folder campaigns > main_rome?
    Or some files inside "lua_scripts" folder?
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; February 29, 2020 at 04:04 PM.

@Aureliae

@kshar
    I looked at them awhile back and was surprised to see a difference, so there is, but I imagine its minor or redundant and doesnt matter.

Regarding the alternative hoplite pack, I'm sure you are right, nonetheless when I went thru your changes and kams it's all that stuck out. Most of his changes just apply across the board to that class, and your unit stats are the same, you just have a different animation entry - the vanilla DEI one. It seems to be working atm with no issues on my end, but who knows, I'm sure you will have a more elegant fix in no time
    Last edited by Kshar; February 29, 2020 at 04:59 PM.

Semisalis

I've more or less modified the hd pack to be compatible with DEI. By the way after a long process of trial and error i've discovered that it is a strange threefold interaction between testudo, the hd packs and the "historical accuracy" mod which removes female agents. with the three mods activated several textures are missing from agents/characters. turning off one of the three solves the problem. i'm starting to think that my submod setup is a little bit too heavy...

Patrician

@kshar
    Well... I checked the alternative packs and effectively you're right
    It seems the only change is (besides some table I don't use so they won't break compatibility) in the man animation column... this is weird to me but... that's not my place, I'm not an expert about battle modding at all.
    If you have done some packs and you're pretty sure they are fine then upload them, I'll put in the OP (with credits ofc)

@goffredo
    eh... can't say much about that, remember that there is a cap on mod quantity, 64 I think, I can't remember, try googling it

How does DIGS incorporate into an ongoin campaign? Especially ones where far foreign powers have declared war on the player? Is 1.6.2 even save compatible with 1.6.1?

Patrician

1.6.2 is compatible with 1.6.1 except for DIGS, which has a scripted counter for turns.
    If you load a save game it won't generate so DIGS won't work. Anyway wars will stay as they are.
    Everything else between 1.6.1 and 1.6.2 should be fine.

If you want to make it compatible you'll have to do calculations:
    - first you must know the turn you're in. For example let's say that your turn is 256 and it is may month
    - it means that you'll have to activate DIGS on first summer's month which is july, 2 turns ahead
    - now open the @@@_TESTUDO_1.6.2_TPY_12tpy (since the example is for 12tpy) and go to "lua_scripts" > "DIGS_Dipl_Setup.lua"

these are the first lines
    Code:
    -- 000--------------------- --******* Current script and concepts modded by: Jake Armitage from TWC
     --******* Mod "DIGS DIPLOMACY SETUP" for TESTUDO 12 TPY
     --******* February 2020
     -- 000---------------------

module(..., package.seeall);
     _G.main_env = getfenv(1);

-- ###------------------------- START *******
     -- LIBRARIES REQUIRED  ---------------------------------------------------------------------
     -- ###-------------------------

scripting = require "lua_scripts.EpisodicScripting";  
     require "DeI_utility_functions";

-- ###---------------------------------- END*

-- EQUIVALENCES  ---------------------------------------------------------------------

local Turn_ON = 3

-- ###---------------------------------- END*

-- PIGS DIPLOMACY: DIPLOMACY ON/OFF DEPENDING ON TURN CYCLE --------------------------------------------------------------------- TURN CYCLE FOR ANY START*
    You'll have to change that 3 and put the number you've calculated

-----

Just for understanding, the cycle is defined some lines below (it is 2 for 4tpy and 3 for 12 tpy since a season has 3 months
    Code:
                            for k = 1, #TAB_PIGS_Diplo_Treaty
                            do
                            scripting.game_interface:force_diplomacy(First_Faction, Second_Faction, TAB_PIGS_Diplo_Treaty[k], false, false)

end                    
                        end
                    end
                end                            

elseif conditions.TurnNumber(context) == Turn_ON
            then
            Turn_ON = Turn_ON + 3;

for i = 1, #TAB_PIGS_Diplo_Faction_Name
                do
                local First_Faction = TAB_PIGS_Diplo_Faction_Name[i]
    For example if you put 6 it means that DIGS will be activated every 2 seasons
    If in the 4tpy you put 4 it will activate once per year
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; March 01, 2020 at 01:40 PM.

Should the new launcher work with this and DeI now Jake?

Also, do you happen to have stuttering (especially units) in larger battles and FPS drops despite your hardware not being at max load..
    Last edited by gnosis89; March 04, 2020 at 05:19 PM.

Patrician

I haven't played since I released last update, didn't try
    if you have problems just use the custom made mod manager based on mitch's one which should still work for rome if you don't use steam packs like testudo ones
    https://github.com/Kaedrin/warhammer...nager/releases

No, I don't have any fps, use this pack if you want lower graphics. If you have fps it means your pc is pushed to limits
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/4c8aaw..._new.pack/file

also:
    Link has been provided in discord by Save Scum, here's his post:

If you are getting broken saves or bad performance.
    It is windows bug. It does not clear standby memory. producing stutter in games or worse
    Sadly it affect Total war games.
    (Author of D.D.U made it)How to check? Open Task manager - performance - memory tab
    Open resource monitor. If it will fill all of your memory by launching programs or browser tabs, you might need it.
    That bug does not care if you have 8 or 128 gigs of ram
    (google is your friend if you are unsure about using it)

- I'm using this list cleaner and I think I've noticed some less lags overall.
    What I can say for sure is that it won't harm anything, I have it turned on since a week (also when not gaming).
    https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1256
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; March 05, 2020 at 08:34 AM.

I haven't played since I released last update, didn't try
    if you have problems just use the custom made mod manager based on mitch's one which should still work for rome if you don't use steam packs like testudo ones
    https://github.com/Kaedrin/warhammer...nager/releases

No, I don't have any fps, use this pack if you want lower graphics. If you have fps it means your pc is pushed to limits
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/4c8aaw..._new.pack/file

also:
    Link has been provided in discord by Save Scum, here's his post:

If you are getting broken saves or bad performance.
    It is windows bug. It does not clear standby memory. producing stutter in games or worse
    Sadly it affect Total war games.
    (Author of D.D.U made it)How to check? Open Task manager - performance - memory tab
    Open resource monitor. If it will fill all of your memory by launching programs or browser tabs, you might need it.
    That bug does not care if you have 8 or 128 gigs of ram
    (google is your friend if you are unsure about using it)

- I'm using this list cleaner and I think I've noticed some less lags overall.
    What I can say for sure is that it won't harm anything, I have it turned on since a week (also when not gaming).
    https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1256
    Does that pack you use lower the terrain detail? I enjoy playing with GBJ blood mod realistic and I tested a battle after putting this pack in and noticed the blood wouldn't stay for long. Thinking maybe it's something to do with this pak?

Patrician

mmhh, don't think so... basically it lowers the quality of many "graphical effects", like lights, weather, model quantities, things like that. Not sure about blood, I think I never activated the blood in the options...
    I'm not the correct person to talk about technical things about graphics... that's the least of my interests... sorry.

I've played a 12TPY Roma campaign with Testudo 1.6.2 and DeI 1.2.5b a little past the Polybian Reforms (which I modded myself to happen at 120 turns, i.e. 268BC); that's often my stopping point to just test out new mod releases because it's long enough to get a handle on new mechanics/systems and make sure all mod components are working and reforms are functioning as they should. All in all, it's an awesome experience as always. I'm actually having to put effort and thought into economic management (sometimes I'm strategizing my economy 6-12 turns in the future) and the PIGS features enable to properly manipulate the politics of my faction. I actually have a reason to occazsionally put the tax slider to max. The general/governor options via RPGu makes usage of campaign characters far more interesting too. DIGS is a great addition to Testudo and it makes the political situation on the campaign map less volatile, and I do think the "diplomatic map range" would be awesome to add in (that way I don't have to ask myself why Baktria is at war with Germanic tribes or how two-thirds of the map has gotten into some strange, convoluted World War scenario). As another person said, the pacing is wonderful: Testudo finally allows me to play 12TPY campaigns where I take my time and expand at a historical rate, where I build an empire slowly over hundreds of years, and my campaign lasts thousands of turns! Now onto questions and concerns...

What is the reasoning behind tying stances for combat armies to their size? What's the reasoning behind the RPGu Levy Armies and Regular Armies facing penalties over a certain amount of units? Why limit Mercenary and Mounted Armies to so few units? Some of this feels a little...unfair to me since the AI isn't constrained by any maluses from RPGu and seems to usually try to make full stack armies which can normally use all the stances, so I'm trying to understand the reasoning for those aspects. Was this mostly just to limit options for the player on the campaign map, so they have to more dynamically consider strategies and tactics? If so, that's a rationale I can completely agree with. Ever since first playing Rome 2, I never use active campaign armies of less than 20 units, unless I can't afford more or I have a small all cavalry stack for strategic maneuvers on the campaign map (which was more useful in Total War games before Rome 2); as a result, once I'm past the early stages of a campaign and have my economy well established, I only use the Professional Army RPGu general (so as not to face any penalties for having full stack armies) and end up rarely if ever using the Fortify, Raiding, and Ambush stances. Having limited use of the Fortify stance is okay, because those little forts are laughable/unrealistic, don't make for interesting battles anyway, and I mostly just used that stance to scare off the AI anyway. Part of me likes the idea of having separate smaller stacks for raiding, but so far I'm not finding that economically viable unless I'm in Imperium 4 or larger, and usually that "small raiding stack" is only good for that because that's certainly not big enough to dare to face off against a full 20 unit AI stack if approached...but I think I'll enjoy finding strategic ways to make that work once my empire becomes larger. But why make Professional Army stacks unable to raid? I have yet to use the ambush stance once; after 120 turns, every faction on the map has the resources for multiple full stack armies, and, again, I need full stacks to combat full stacks. Is it intended for these changes to limit what the player can do with full stacks and giving less-than-full stacks some stances to help compete against the AI's larger stacks? Mercenary and Mounted Armies are limited to smaller sizes, Levy, Regular, and Professional Armies have their stances defined by unit count, and only Professional Armies do not face penalties for a full stack of units, so how exactly are you expecting/imagining/intending the player to use smaller stacks, with them generally unable to compete against a full stack in battle?

I do like how VPS makes economic management more dynamic and unpredictable, but I find myself a little lost when trying to control Economic Trust. The Constants, Components, and Events all add together to determine how much Trust changes when you hit End Turn and what range your Trust value is in determines a factionwide bonus/malus at the start of each turn, this much I understand. Trust Constants do not change (unless govt type or imperium level changes), Trust Components change every turn based on certain campaign values, and Trust Events are dice rolls based on certain triggers. With all this, how much is it possible for the player to control Trust and what would you recommend the player do to raise Economic Trust and keep it as high as possible (other than the Economic Stimulation Political Intrigue)? Are the Components the only part of the system the the player can actually intentionally effect since the Events are dice rolls?

What would I need to do to make KAM's Experimental Battle Pack compatible with Testudo? Is updating the RPGu general units the only thing it would need? What tables should I be concerned with? A lot of KAM's changes there seem really good, so I've been considering going into the packs and making them compatible myself...and you would know the contents of Testudo better than I would.

In the Data Venia submod, Ygraine moved all the negative public order maluses from various buildings into the city/town center buildings and a few others, which I think is a small but brilliant idea, and I wonder what you think of implementing something similar in Testudo. I'll copy-paste what Ygraine says about it in the Data Venia thread: "A complete change to how the building template for public order works. No more farms, amphorae-makers and bazaars that give -12 public order. Now the city/town-cores give higher amounts of -public order, illustrating that higher populations are more unruly. You don't have to risk a riot just because you make a farm any more."

And now for me to decide whether I'll continue my current campaign or simply wait until future non-save-compatible updates. What changes/additions do you expect to make in the next Testudo update? Do you expect the next update will NOT be save compatible with 1.6.2? What's your ETA for it?

And lastly, Jake, you do a great job, as always. DeI and Testudo make Rome 2 better than I ever thought it could be.

Civis

Hello Jake i will like to report that the campaign with testudo is awesome but there are minor things that make me wander like events that didn't happen and there is a negative order in the overall panell

Patrician

@ Aureliae
    Thanks, I appreciate, and happy you're enjoying

RPGu:
    There are few considerations to be kept in mind

1) everything I'm doing is a step by step process. Every update releases something that will be refined/implemented through updates. For example RPGu BG will have (one day) custom RPGu units that will add specificities to RPGu BG

2) I would say, as they are in the current release, that:

- every administrator (+ diplomat) seems to be pretty useful and there are some noticeable differences between them, more or less they are ok
    - I use drill troop pretty much, mostly for small starting factions
    - battle RPGu are maybe too many to be actually useful, mercenary is probably the less used (never recruited him).
    - regular and professional should be the 2 to be used most of the times. Levy could be used as a temporary movable deterrent for borders regions which are far away from your "conquering zones" while garrison is a stronger but "unmovable" deterrent.
    - Mounted is an "accompanying" type of army

3) I always split my army into more armies, depending on what faction I use. For rome, I always have 2 armies with 8/14 units each to form a block. For greeks I usually make a core army with 12/18 units that has 2 Mounted army wings.
    Having multiple armies in the same block is both funny and useful in testudo. You can aslo play with RPGu and make different block armies combinations.

4) Was this mostly just to limit options for the player on the campaign map, so they have to more dynamically consider strategies and tactics? Exactly, I'll see to add more depths going on with updates, but the main concept is that one

VPS:

More than having a controllable VPS systems I want the VPS system to interfere with player's decisions.
    You're not to be considered an all-might god inside your faction. You're just the guys who, during that historical moment, had the leadership. And leadership is always hit by inner factors you can't entirely control.
    If it would be too controllabe it would just end being the same in every campaign, the player knows the method, the player applies the method and the issue is solved. I don't want that.

To obtain something like that I have, more or less, divided things into 3 which have, more or less, the same weight inside the final economical trust value:

- constants: depend on the status of your campaign, basically if you're a big or small faction
    - components (I should move expansionism into constants, actually): overall tax % and treasury, these are the 2 keys you can control (besides clicking the intrigue). You'll see that removing taxes from a province for a couple of turns (mostly if you have more than one province) will give you some "economical trust" breath
    - randomness: randomness is 101% necessary 'cause it will create an artifical intelligence that defines every inner issue. There is no other way to really define an AI with the tools we have for Rome 2. Artificial Intelligence has nothing to do with intelligence, actually. It just executes the orders a human has scripted. Nothing more, nothing less.
    You could say, at the end, it is like an old "table RPG": You throw a dice that affects your gameplay context.

As for RPGu, also VPS is going to be updated differently, step by step.
    Planned VPS systems are (it means I have them in my mind not that I'll do everyone, can't say yet): political trust, war turst, civil trust, diplomatic trust, building resource system, transfer region system

KAM's Experimental Battle Pack

Shouldn't be hard to implement, I'll check. Problem is that Kam is constantly working on it and I think it will need some time before being implemented into DeI.
    Anyway, I'll check and then I'll write down instructions so people can be indipendent if they want to follow Kam's updates.

Data Venia Buidling Po:

I can't say anything about Data Venia, never played with it. What I can tell you is that while DV is a really good DeI overhaul, overhauls tend to rebalance things differently.
    I don't really think it will work for Testudo, honestly. It seems to me that it simplifies the game "mathematics" while my objective is to have a more complex one. It is a testudo core feature since day 1.
    So, no, I'll surely won't use that feature, even if I recognize it have sense inside another context like DV.

update: 1.6.3

probably, will have:

1) climate overhaul with more realistic climates defined by (probably) 3 factors:
    - precipitation
    - temperature
    - still have to understand if the third is linked to climate or randomness

besidedes giving different effects (as it is now, btw) climates will trigger random custom dilemmas (with 2/3/4 choices) depending on the climate event: could be a flood, a drought... things like that

2) custom dilemma events based on regional PO value (to define local administration events)

3) custom dilemma events based on regional CULTURAL value (to define local administration events). Not only majority/minority, the actual % number, you can do that through cdir events

4) probably some DIGS updates like "diplomatic map range" and "Tenerife Boy"'s suggestion about client states

5) 5 factions more

Basically, I'm gonna start adding strategical campaign events for giving more flavour and depth to the campaign pace.
    There will be more of these features later on, linked to RPGu and other features too.

Since we are talking about plans... 1.7 will have a political overhaul adding "real" actors to politics (ruling party, other parties, military, population, slaves, foreigners) through VPS and probably some delegates as administration RPGu units.

1.6.2 ETA: buh... it depends. 1-3 months? I really can't say.
    Honestly I don't know if it is going to be save game compatible. It depends here too...

-----

@ Gasmio

negative order in the overall panel: I think it comes from the regional PO effect, you have 75 PO in that region, right? There are low/high maluses when you have good PO and low/high bonuses when you have bad PO.
    This may sound you counter-intuitive to you but beleieve me, it works fine and it is necessary. Also 'cause, in Rome 2, it is not possible to apply direct regional effects via scripts. A great shame, but that's it.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; March 08, 2020 at 09:45 AM.

@ Aureliae

RPGu:
    There are few considerations to be kept in mind

1) everything I'm doing is a step by step process. Every update releases something that will be refined/implemented through updates. For example RPGu BG will have (one day) custom RPGu units that will add specificities to RPGu BG

2) I would say, as they are in the current release, that:

- every administrator (+ diplomat) seems to be pretty useful and there are some noticeable differences between them, more or less they are ok
    - I use drill troop pretty much, mostly for small starting factions
    So far I'm finding administrators (+ diplomat) a significant bonus to campaign management and managing campaign variables in Testudo without them would be difficult. They are my favorite thing about RPGu. I also think the Drill Troops are very good too. Depending on my military/economic situation, I might use one or two in their own stack(s) to recruit units and distribute them to the proper armies. If I ever create a new stack in preparation for war, I'll start the army with a Drill Troop BG to recruit a few of the units and then switch the BG to a "fighting army BG". Actually, the "fighting army BGs" are what I don't like about RPGu...

- battle RPGu are maybe too many to be actually useful, mercenary is probably the less used (never recruited him).
    - regular and professional should be the 2 to be used most of the times. Levy could be used as a temporary movable deterrent for borders regions which are far away from your "conquering zones" while garrison is a stronger but "unmovable" deterrent.
    - Mounted is an "accompanying" type of army

3) I always split my army into more armies, depending on what faction I use. For rome, I always have 2 armies with 8/14 units each to form a block. For greeks I usually make a core army with 12/18 units that has 2 Mounted army wings.
    Having multiple armies in the same block is both funny and useful in testudo. You can aslo play with RPGu and make different block armies combinations.

4) Was this mostly just to limit options for the player on the campaign map, so they have to more dynamically consider strategies and tactics? Exactly, I'll see to add more depths going on with updates, but the main concept is that one
    I somewhat like the idea of limiting stances and effects based on "owned, foreign, or garrisoned" status but not army size. You and I have a different style in some of these matters: I never split my armies and I never have "accompanying" armies like with the Mounted Army BG (I used to split armies before Rome 2 when units weren't attached to generals). This is is usually to have parity with the AI, because it always tries to make 20 unit armies when it can afford them (as far as I understand) and isn't constrained by RPGu features; and also because you can't set up reinforcing armies in your formation at the start of battle. I make each army stack a self-contained and self-sufficient force, with all the infantry, skirmishers, and cavalry it needs. I only use smaller armies as border guards/deterrents and if I can't afford more. So that leads me to wanting the original DeI BGs for my fighting armies. If I want to enable them for recruitment do I only need to delete "Roman_commander_unit_permissions" and "Naval_commander_unit_permissions" from the "TESTUDO_1.6.2_ROME.pack"?

VPS:

More than having a controllable VPS systems I want the VPS system to interfere with player's decisions.
    You're not to be considered an all-might god inside your faction. You're just the guys who, during that historical moment, had the leadership. And leadership is always hit by inner factors you can't entirely control.
    If it would be too controllabe it would just end being the same in every campaign, the player knows the method, the player applies the method and the issue is solved. I don't want that.

To obtain something like that I have, more or less, divided things into 3 which have, more or less, the same weight inside the final economical trust value:

- constants: depend on the status of your campaign, basically if you're a big or small faction
    - components (I should move expansionism into constants, actually): overall tax % and treasury, these are the 2 keys you can control (besides clicking the intrigue). You'll see that removing taxes from a province for a couple of turns (mostly if you have more than one province) will give you some "economical trust" breath
    - randomness: randomness is 101% necessary 'cause it will create an artifical intelligence that defines every inner issue. There is no other way to really define an AI with the tools we have for Rome 2. Artificial Intelligence has nothing to do with intelligence, actually. It just executes the orders a human has scripted. Nothing more, nothing less.
    You could say, at the end, it is like an old "table RPG": You throw a dice that affects your gameplay context.

As for RPGu, also VPS is going to be updated differently, step by step.
    Planned VPS systems are (it means I have them in my mind not that I'll do everyone, can't say yet): political trust, war turst, civil trust, diplomatic trust, building resource system, transfer region system
    "You're not to be considered an all-might god inside your faction. You're just the guys who, during that historical moment, had the leadership. And leadership is always hit by inner factors you can't entirely control." Here we agree completely. This attitude affects many of the ways I play Total War to give me better historical immersion, such as following my own specific rules for the politics/corsus honorum system and my building choices are often guided by real historical geography (instead of trying to min-max every region for wealth). So for VPS, low taxes/no taxes and saving money in the treasury are what I can do to try to gain some economic trust, and the Stimulation political intrigue.

KAM's Experimental Battle Pack

Shouldn't be hard to implement, I'll check. Problem is that Kam is constantly working on it and I think it will need some time before being implemented into DeI.
    Anyway, I'll check and then I'll write down instructions so people can be indipendent if they want to follow Kam's updates.
    I know I want to follow his update: battle map and campaign map are of equal importance to me in Total War. I looked at KAM's files a little, and the main thing I need to do is make sure the Ex Battle Pack's BGs are recruitable to maintain proper battle balance, correct? Would I also need to change the unit recruitment costs to match Testudo?

Data Venia Buidling Po:

I can't say anything about Data Venia, never played with it. What I can tell you is that while DV is a really good DeI overhaul, overhauls tend to rebalance things differently.
    I don't really think it will work for Testudo, honestly. It seems to me that it simplifies the game "mathematics" while my objective is to have a more complex one. It is a testudo core feature since day 1.
    So, no, I'll surely won't use that feature, even if I recognize it have sense inside another context like DV.
    I do like when mechanics reflect real life (it is often strange that building a bigger farm could send Italia into a revolt), but it's understandable to not change this in Testudo because it would be more work for little benefit in Testudo's systems other than feeling more "realistic". You certainly have more complex mathematics: plenty of decimals and I need a calculator to ensure proper public order and food balance in my provinces.

update: 1.6.3

probably, will have:

1) climate overhaul with more realistic climates defined by (probably) 3 factors:
    - precipitation
    - temperature
    - still have to understand if the third is linked to climate or randomness

besidedes giving different effects (as it is now, btw) climates will trigger random custom dilemmas (with 2/3/4 choices) depending on the climate event: could be a flood, a drought... things like that

2) custom dilemma events based on regional PO value (to define local administration events)

3) custom dilemma events based on regional CULTURAL value (to define local administration events). Not only majority/minority, the actual % number, you can do that through cdir events

4) probably some DIGS updates like "diplomatic map range" and "Tenerife Boy"'s suggestion about client states

5) 5 factions more

Basically, I'm gonna start adding strategical campaign events for giving more flavour and depth to the campaign pace.
    There will be more of these features later on, linked to RPGu and other features too.

Since we are talking about plans... 1.7 will have a political overhaul adding "real" actors to politics (ruling party, other parties, military, population, slaves, foreigners) through VPS and probably some delegates as administration RPGu units.

1.6.2 ETA: buh... it depends. 1-3 months? I really can't say.
    Honestly I don't know if it is going to be save game compatible. It depends here too...
    See, Jake, this is one of the problems: you make the future versions of Testudo too good to play without. People often don't understand how I want to play Total War: I want to play a campaign that lasts thousands of turns, hundreds of years, and which plays out at a historically realistic pace. With such a long campaign and other things in my life, you'll probably have released one or two updates before I'm halfway through, so I'll wait to start a full campaign until 1.6.3 or even 1.7.

Will there be a 1.6.4, etc, etc, or do you plan to do 1.6.3 and then move to 1.7?

What was Tenerife's suggestion about Client States?