Page 29 of 76 FirstFirst ... 419202122232425262728293031323334353637383954 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20] - OUTDATED

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.5.2 (DeI 1.2.4b) + TURTLE_Parts [upd: 15.jun/19]

Hey Jake

Just wondering if you changed any values in regards to child mortality rate. In my experience (about 210 turns in) none of my children were surviving to adulthood and they were pretty much all female leaving me worried my family wouldn't live on with my starting characters approaching old ages. I wouldnt think it was a mod conflict as apart from DeI and your mod, I'm only running graphical mods.
    Last edited by ltsweeting; July 27, 2019 at 01:03 AM.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.5.2 (DeI 1.2.4b) + TURTLE_Parts [upd: 15.jun/19]

Yes I did and lowered it as possible as it is. Sadly there is no way to remove child death events and the hardcoded part is giving an unmoddable threshold anyway (speaking about dice rolls).
    And playing 12 tpy it means (more or less) you'll have x3 times the possibility to have this event. The only solution is to raise the children cap (now it's set 1/3) with one of the PIGS sub packs (download PIGS, you 'll find them inside the folder).
    I can't do anything else.

I've set males at 60% and females at 40%.

Semisalis

Jake i have a couple questions if you don't mind. Does your cultural tension pack work for the AI too? I guess so since it seems to mostly work by altering local traditions values. Is it compatible with Scipio's realism as long as i load it first?

Patrician

Yes it works for AI too and should work fine with realism since it will overwrite some parts of it

Will the gifting region be implemented into this soon? Also, is there any way to free a city as a vassal (satrapy/client?)

Patrician

Transfer region will work from any faction to any other (already existing into campaign map). Whay do you mean when you say 'free a city"?

Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Yes it works for AI too and should work fine with realism since it will overwrite some parts of it
    Jake thanks for the answer. Right now i'm playing a CIG campaign with realism and your cultural tension pack. Everything seems to work fine and i'm really enjoying it.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Transfer region will work from any faction to any other (already existing into campaign map). Whay do you mean when you say 'free a city"?
    Is that to say you can already do so, or that you will have it so that you can transfer a region between any two factions?

I mean taking a city you already own and then "liberating" it as a vassal.

Patrician

You can transfer any region between any 2 factions.

What I plan (and should be doable) is this:

1) you move a dignitary into the region you want to receive (they'll have to be neighboring or owned by a military ally)
    2) you put a custom ancillary to the dignitary
    3) the VPS system will start to assign points depending on some factors (sometimes you won't be able to receive the region or you'll have to wait a lot of turns)
    4) some economical corruption penalties will start (while you're bribing various owners)
    5) as soon as you hit the VPS threshold the region is received and you pay some money

Process will be similar for gifting a region but probably you'll need 2 dignitaries (maybe one is a dignitary and the other one could be any agent), one to identify the region, the other to identify the faction.
    Gifting a region will automatically trigger peace (if you're at war with that faction) or raise diplomatic stance.

AI won't be capable to do any of that, only the player.

Ah, I get it now, well you can't "auto-liberate" a region you own, the lua function won't recognize factions who aren't present in the map, so you'll have to spawn an emergent faction and then transfer the region and this will require a lot of scripting (since there are a lot of possibilities).
    Idea is good though, I'll keep it in mind but don't expect it to become real, ever or in the near future.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 02, 2019 at 12:47 PM.

Magnificent! This would be wonderful mate. I especially like the idea of "forcing" peace on the AI, as they most NEVER accept peace unless they are utterly beaten (which majority of the time wasn't the case historically). As of now there is no way to force a diplomatic offer on the AI is there? (Not to take "advantage" of, but just to role play when the AI should indeed accept an offer....such as peace etc...)

I found this in the cheats: "Forces opponent to accept diplomatic proposal. — Type: force_diplomacy " But oddly enough on this alien ware laptop I am unable to use the ~ button in game to see how it actually works, and if it does at that.

Patrician

Cheats are not enabled for Rome 2, I know about the existence of a cheat engine but honestly I have no idea about what it is (should be a sort of scripted program which will trigger script from a command bar).
    If you want to use functions like force_diplomacy (or any other function CA provided us) you'll have to write and add custom scripts (DeI has some examples like the Rome/Carthago escalation).
    So what you have written is doable in 2 ways:
    1) a starting script where you foresee some situations
    2) custom scripts to be added/removed when you need/don't need them

Can the no battle penalties file be used with a saved game? Also, does this only effect the main testudo negative impacts and not the generals tirbutes, culture in a region etc....?

I also feel like the easier economy and tiny cultural tensio pack are making no difference, when using them with the Testudo Small pack. (Using VPS beta now too)

Patrician

I should release new packs soon, maybe today if I'm in the right mood to work on them (I also have a new and better version of VPS).
    Next release won't be save game compatible.

Yes no battle penalties is save game compatible. It only changes units' attack, ranged attack, defence and morale.
    Yes there isn't a big difference if you use the easier economy 'cause I don't want it to be much, just a little easier.
    There isn't much difference between 1 level of turtle packs, but the overall gameplay (so using tiny or small for example) is sensibly different.
    Reason why differences are slight is 'cause you'll have to consider them in terms of dozens of turns, not just one or few.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 03, 2019 at 11:48 AM.

Well shucks....I'm glad to hear you're updating them especially VPS...but I finally got 60 turns or so into my best campaign yet, as the Arche Bosphorus. So far it's been working well...I think?

Those unit debuffs are the one that increase with turn times right? I like that you suffer harsh penalties for larger empires (more regions etc..), but not so much just because time is passing.

EDIT:

I forgot to thank you again for the most magnificent modding. I really look forward to more VPS development and more than anything the region trade feature.
    Oh, also the send diplomat feature, will that be working anytime soon?

Patrician

I just have the huge version regarding the upcoming 1.6, I'm gonna do last few tests now.

Yes, those ones. All the effects depending on passing time are necessary not to have steam rolls at advanced stages, beleive me, they are necessary for a real testudo style otherwise you'll end up growing and AI won't keep the pace (which leads to a lost interest for the current campaign, imo).

I found too that VPS has a lot of potentials (and a lot of work to be done yet).
    Send diplomat will work with the VPS system. It will become a VPS intrigue working mostly as vanilla (I'll change the incident features and remove best and worst random events - it should be possible through a CAI table -) and giving VPS points for a planned VPS system regarding foreign relations. So, no, it won't be soon.
    Honestly I don't even know more if I'm interested about the videogame... modding for me is a sort of intellectual hobby where (depending if I want to do some work or not) I pick one of the many ideas and start developing it until it's playable and then start another one, then go back to some other one and so on... I can't play soccer or go drinking every evening...

What about an update all around for the new DeI version released today?

Patrician

Yeah, at this point it is better so there won't be inconguences.
    I've already updated some features but not everyone, mostly regarding new db entries here and there.

@Goffredo85
    The population packs won't entirely work for other campaigns outside GC 'cause I didn't change library values for their regions (which means starting population won't change, just the modifiers will work)
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 04, 2019 at 07:55 AM.

Hey Jake,

Is the 'No Civil War' submod compatible with this latest version?

Thanks!

Patrician

yes, DeI isn't changing much about the political system and anything about scripts (which is the case of that pack)