Page 17 of 76 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526274267 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20] - OUTDATED

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a slower and harder DeI campaign] TESTUDO v.1.4.1 (DeI 1.2.3e) + TURTLE + TURTLE_Parts - NOT COMPATIBLE WITH 1.2.3f

You're welcome. Still "have" to mod other things before realeasing 1.5. Try the alpha and beware that 1.4 is not properly balanced.
    Don't use Testudo with 123f, should be playable but better not to.
    Report experience if you have time and will.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a slower and harder DeI campaign] TESTUDO v.1.4.1 (DeI 1.2.3e) + TURTLE + TURTLE_Parts - NOT COMPATIBLE WITH 1.2.3f

Should be playable but better not to ?

Patrician

Oh, who knows.
    fact is that's not fully adapted for the new trait system, the rest should be ok.
    Can't say for sure 'cause I didn't download the beta packs yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Can't say for sure 'cause I didn't download the beta packs yet.
    Heresy...

Does this include some form of De AI Arbitriis as well?

Patrician

no, just put the DAIA (softcore/normal/hardcore) you desire, it is explained into 3rd post. No compatibility issue and highly recommended.
    Pay attention that 1.4 Tiny/Small/Medium aren't well balanced (mostly for cultutral issues)

Wonderful. I forgot to ask as well, do you have a recommended difficulty? Usually I play on H/N.

EDIT:

Never mind, just saw it in the third post.

Though I think I may just wait for 1.5 to be fully released and the new version of DeI as well (they should be around the same time, right?) as I'd rather not play a 12tpy campaign right now, and large and huge both are.
    Last edited by bthizle1; October 22, 2018 at 04:39 PM.

Patrician

H/N is perfect.

Here is the last pack (Huge only, so prepare for a looong campaign) that I've rebalanced during the weekend (still on alpha though, but better and a bit easier than before).
    Remember to use the faction packs (you find a folder inside any TESTUDO 1.4 version) if you're not playing Rome. They are necessary to properly have the testudo stance system.
    Plus you can use any version of DAIA and the official 12 tpy (better to with Huge).
    You can also choose strat map movement through the turtle_parts (movement ones).
    I hadn't time to finish 1.5 properly 'cause my modding time is dedicated to the "political overhaul".
    Please report if you have time and will.

TESTUDO_HUGE_1.5_alpha_03 (compatible with DeI 1.2.3f)
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/0az7s...E_03.pack/file

@bthizle1:
    "Though I think I may just wait for 1.5 to be fully released and the new version of DeI as well (they should be around the same time, right?) as I'd rather not play a 12tpy campaign right now, and large and huge both are."
    yeah better to wait in this case.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; October 22, 2018 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bthizle1 View Post
    Wonderful. I forgot to ask as well, do you have a recommended difficulty? Usually I play on H/N.

EDIT:

Never mind, just saw it in the third post.

Though I think I may just wait for 1.5 to be fully released and the new version of DeI as well (they should be around the same time, right?) as I'd rather not play a 12tpy campaign right now, and large and huge both are.
    What means H/N ? 'H' I know, means probably Huge....
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; October 23, 2018 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Censor bypass part removed

Ηard/Normal it's a known term for Total War titles since forever
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; October 23, 2018 at 08:34 AM.

H/N is perfect.

Here is the last pack (Huge only, so prepare for a looong campaign) that I've rebalanced during the weekend (still on alpha though, but better and a bit easier than before).
    Hope you will not forget others, I play Medium. Mostly for its 4 turns per year. 12 turns don't fits well with seasons.

Patrician

12tpy is perfectly fit, winter begins on january (instead of half december) and so on, fitting perfectly for a 12tpy rotation.
    Game-pace felt is obviously different, and about that, I can agree with you, if you prefer 4tpy.

Yeah, I won't forget the others, but:
    1) waiting for 123f to exit beta
    2) have to complete the 1st beta pack for the political overhaul

12tpy is perfectly fit, winter begins on january (instead of half december) and so on, fitting perfectly for a 12tpy rotation.
    Game-pace felt is obviously different, and about that, I can agree with you, if you prefer 4tpy.

Yeah, I won't forget the others, but:
    1) waiting for 123f to exit beta
    2) have to complete the 1st beta pack for the political overhaul
    You see, winter don't start in january. I think it start in november.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by leonardusius View Post
    You see, winter don't start in january. I think it start in november.
    oh, I get what you're sayng...
    but...
    Gosh! Next week? Wtf!?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LeQN249Jqw

(by convention and afaik it has always started with the winter solstice that has always been after the half of december and, since I don't think you can force the game engine to have one month in a year and two in the next one, then modders just simplified putting it on january. Sincerely I don't care till there are 3 months for each season)

oh, I get what you're sayng...
    but...
    Gosh! Next week? Wtf!?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LeQN249Jqw

(by convention and afaik it has always started with the winter solstice that has always been after the half of december and, since I don't think you can force the game engine to have one month in a year and two in the next one, then modders just simplified putting it on january. Sincerely I don't care till there are 3 months for each season)
    I care. Apart from this, there is plenty of mods which just fix this to have proper starting seasons. Winter starts in November.

I care. Apart from this, there is plenty of mods which just fix this to have proper starting seasons. Winter starts in November.
    I don't think they are compatible with DEI though. Any links ?

Patrician

Winter starts in November.
    Ok, fine to me (and the purpose of this is just chatting), but this means that spring starts in february, summer in may and autumn in august, since seasons have 3 months.
    Seems weirder to me.
    I could understand a winter that starts in december, which is a common thing for the psychology of most of the people that live in the nothern emisphere, even if perception changes between living in scandinavia or in egypt, obviously.
    Fact is that, in-game (which is mostly based on the mediterranean basin) and with current 12tpy, you know that a new year has started with the coming of winter. And that is correct with the world calendar (even if partially since, officially, winter starts with the 21st of december and ends with the 21st of march) and just easier to remember when you're playing.

It would have been cool to have a game that resembles the world climate (something like 4/5 months of winter in the north, 1/2 in the south and 3 in the middle) but well, Rome2 is not the case.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; October 24, 2018 at 08:41 AM.

Ok, fine to me (and the purpose of this is just chatting), but this means that spring starts in february, summer in may and autumn in august, since seasons have 3 months.
    Seems weirder to me.
    I could understand a winter that starts in december, which is a common thing for the psychology of most of the people that live in the nothern emisphere, even if perception changes between living in scandinavia or in egypt, obviously.
    Fact is that, in-game (which is mostly based on the mediterranean basin) and with current 12tpy, you know that a new year has started with the coming of winter. And that is correct with the world calendar (even if partially since, officially, winter starts with the 21st of december and ends with the 21st of march) and just easier to remember when you're playing.

It would have been cool to have a game that resembles the world climate (something like 4/5 months of winter in the north, 1/2 in the south and 3 in the middle) but well, Rome2 is not the case.
    Technically winter starts in December. Better to use this instead of January.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    I don't think they are compatible with DEI though. Any links ?
    this one, maybe?
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=610640779

Exactly. Anyway I don't play DEI, only occasional. Mainly Grand campaign with 4tpy mod. DEI it's phenomenal but jut I said: I don't like some things there at all. Maybe somebody will ask permission to modify DEI and make a new submod based on DEI core
    Last edited by leonardusius; October 25, 2018 at 02:45 AM.