Page 25 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031323334355075 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20] - OUTDATED

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a slower paced DeI campaign] TESTUDO v.1.5.1 (DeI 1.2.4b) + TURTLE_Parts [upd apr.13.19]

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    well, total war are games regarding growth, so effectively you should turtle when you need, not always, otherwise you'll just end waiting for their armies and you won't have the power to fight an eventual powerful/major opponent.
    True, although I shouldn’t have said turtling. I’ve been playing less than optimally I guess. Anyway check out my save if you want feedback on how the AI evolves over a long campaign. This mod is very enjoyable in my experience. I’d be curious to know your plans for the future.
    Last edited by raven63; May 26, 2019 at 02:07 PM.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a slower paced DeI campaign] TESTUDO v.1.5.1 (DeI 1.2.4b) + TURTLE_Parts [upd apr.13.19]

Quite a lot, actually

- I'll keep balancing and adding new features for testudo (1.5.2 should be out this week with some rebalancements and a little news regarding provincial PO effects, no more divided into a pace of 25 but 12, to raise micormanagement features, having high PO will be more difficult). Maybe also an adjustment regarding upkeep depending on soldiers number (when you'll have wounded units you'll pay less)
    - PIGS is still on an alpha version and there is much that can be done. I've started working on a lot of custom incidents/dilemmas which will be triggered depending on the skills you choose when you level up
    - same for RPGu, its actual features aren't the ones I've initially planned, in the future you'll have custom bodyguards which will trigger effects when they have custom units, this is to raise RPG elements for charactres
    - then there is Aequilibrium Fidei (based on your people's trust) which will bring a lot of things through virtual points (this is difficult to explain but it will add math "curves" to the game so not to have sudden yes/no reactions, maybe also a resource system for buildings and nice things for characters too). Could be I might be able to link this virtual point system to both PIGS and RPGu. This means some intrigues and custom units will affect those curves.
    - last one (for now) is FLAGS, I'm redoing/checking faction emblems
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; May 26, 2019 at 03:05 PM.

Playing as Parthia. Are the Arscid special leaders suppose to come around ~10 years? I played with the Julia mod on a previous without campaign without TESTUDO and the Julii seemed to come at a pace that made sense age wise.

yes you're correct, so:

1) pick one of the T/S/M/L/H (and the official 12tpy submod if you want to play 12 tpy)
    2) pick the faction pack (it's 100% necessary)
    3) better to pick the reduce army cap

- yes you can play small with 12 tpy but ther are many things set to work better with 4tpy, vice-versa if you play a 12tpy version with 4 tpy
    - turtle_parts are for people who wants to do modular changes (so if you really want to play with S version, pick the M 12tpy and then add some S turtle_parts, it will work better with 12 tpy)

- reduce ai cap works via script adding an effect for player only (you can change the cap simply changing the values into effect junction, not fame tables, fame tables will affect every faction)
    - in a previous version AI was "limited" via scripts but I removed them since they were pretty useless, now AI is "limited" into db through a lot of entries
    Okay, I've been doing it wrong. I've been activating one of each part. Guess I don't have to do that next game through, though I'm thinking of giving Hellenic mod a try on my Rhodos (because Athen$) economic, really would like to play as Byzantine. Definitely will use this, maybe 12tpy, on my next Roma PT.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; May 31, 2019 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernXY View Post
    Playing as Parthia. Are the Arscid special leaders suppose to come around ~10 years? I played with the Julia mod on a previous without campaign without TESTUDO and the Julii seemed to come at a pace that made sense age wise.
    If you're talking about historical characters, I haven't touched them, I don't know when they are supposed to be spawned but I can tell you official 12 tpy pack changes it
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernXY View Post
    Okay, I've been doing it wrong. I've been activating one of each part. Guess I don't have to do that next game through, though I'm thinking of giving Hellenic mod a try on my Rhodos (because Athen$) economic, really would like to play as Byzantine. Definitely will use this, maybe 12tpy, on my next Roma PT.
    I don't understand what you've done but just follow those 3 points next time

So I am playing with Carthage and I hit the Theuros reforms. I have all the military buildings and technologies required, but "Libyan Phoenician Theuros Infantry" and "Libyan Phoenician Theuros spears" are not showing up as recruitable. Their unit cards are showing up as greyed out in the unit recruitment and say a different reform level is required.

IDK if this is a bug with TESTUDO, a bug with DEI, or not a bug and functioning as intended.

Should Theuros units still not be recruitable after the Theuros reforms???

Patrician

I've never played with carthage but that unit should be recruitable.
    The only thing I've changed about reforms is the turn requirement and nothing else.

There was a post somewhere yesterday by Dardo21 and he said that sometimes these kind of things might happen.
    Try to reload the savegame a couple of times (maybe more) and see if something change, or try to remove all my packs, load the game, save it and reload the new savegame.

I will try that. Additionally I was trying (and failing) to find and look at the entry that designates which units are made available per reforms to see if it is somehow disabled. I spent an hour googling but couldn't find anything on how to mod this. Is this in DB or a script?

Patrician

It's part of a script library

script > _lib > lib_reforms_main.lua

you may also want to check if the unit is inside script > _lib > lib_reforms_unit_names.lua
    but, honestly, I think checking would be useless. If a unit wouldn't have reform (or not recruitable) for a faction like Carthago there would have been a lot of reports.

According the the script the two units I mentioned ("Libyan Phoenician Theuros Infantry" and "Libyan Phoenician Theuros spears") are actually not listed as becoming available until the Thorax reforms despite having Theuros in their name.

IDK if this is intended or not.

As far as I recall reform triggers can NOT be changed during a campaign, so I would imagine that the unit availability from the script cannot be changed either. Ill give it a test.

***Report: as I suspected, adding a unit to a different reform tier is not save game compatible. So I guess I'm stuck waiting until the Thorax reforms for these Theuros units to become available...... but once the Thorax reforms hit I would just just the Thorax version rendering these units useless....
    Last edited by Hockey85; May 30, 2019 at 03:32 PM.

Patrician

Ah, now I see, you have to wait for AI theuros reform so, am I right?
    In this case you could change the AI turn into reforms.lua under -- GLOBAL REFORMS CAMPAIGNS ALLOWANCES

Just a report back, after 350 turns with my Carthage campaign I really like the feel of the mod. Good work.

Patrician

Ah, good to know.
    Is this your 12tpy medium campaign with all those small packs? let me know 'cause it's a lot I don't play nothing except huge.
    Are you using the army cap too? How is it, too hard, too easy?
    Would you mind sending me your last savegame? My record of turns is at 250.

I should release 1.5.2 really soon with many rebalancements and little changes hoping to finally have a balanced version and then begin adding new gameplay features for 1.6.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; June 11, 2019 at 09:24 AM.

Playing as Iceni & Huge. I noticed that there's -15 cultural differences public order malus on turn 1, despite the region being 90% Brittanic and 10% Celtic. Is this WAD? It doesn't seem to make sense, since Brittanic and Celtic are closely related cultures. I'd expect this to be much lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruik View Post
    Playing as Iceni & Huge. I noticed that there's -15 cultural differences public order malus on turn 1, despite the region being 90% Brittanic and 10% Celtic. Is this WAD? It doesn't seem to make sense, since Brittanic and Celtic are closely related cultures. I'd expect this to be much lower.
    Apologies for the double post. I think I found the issue though. In the diplomatic_relations_religion_tables, rom_religion_dei_1 has a religious_unhappiness_modifier of 0.15 for rom_religion_dei_1, i.e. itself. For every other religion, it's 0 for itself. Once changed to 0, it's fixed.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; June 13, 2019 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Patrician

That table isn't the only one giving maluses to PO, there are many more inside testudo db and scripts.
    You're free to mod everything your own way but notice you won't play the mod as planned and you'll have an easier life.
    If you want an easier Huge version you may use some turtle packs.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; June 13, 2019 at 02:55 AM.

That table isn't the only one giving maluses to PO, there are many more inside testudo db and scripts.
    You're free to mod everything your own way but notice you won't play the mod as planned and you'll have an easier life.
    If you want an easier Huge version you may use some turtle packs.
    It's not that I want an easier Huge version. I don't mind the difficulty level. I've played a few campaigns with your mod already and am enjoying it thoroughly at the Huge difficulty level. It's more that there was a huge discrepancy from the other campaigns in terms of the own culture PO malus. Are the Iceni supposed to receive a PO malus for their own culture? I assumed that it was an oversight since none of the other cultures receive such a malus.

Patrician

Ah, yeah, I see it fully now since I've opened the pack.
    You're right, there are some cultures having this problem into that tab, gonna remove it. Like Dardo21 did for latest cultural tensio.

Thx

Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a slower paced DeI campaign] TESTUDO v.1.5.2 (DeI 1.2.4b) + TURTLE_Parts [upd jun.15.19]

TESTUDO 1.5.2
    IS OUT!

- Added the new fatures contained into PIGS_Alpha_02 and RPGu_Beta_04
    - Rebalanced a lot of values regarding a lot of things that are shared between H/L/M/S/T
    - New TURTLE_Parts for Cultural Tensio, Population and Custom Scripts
    - Redistributed TURTLE_Parts_Movement to be different between H/L/M/S/T (you can always customize it as you want)
    - TESTUDO_Begin has now a new feature: TESTUDO_Timeline which will add penalties for mid/advanced campaigns
    - Player will have slight and scaled unit stats penalties while AI will get bonuses
    - New AI scripts (specific effects for specific factions) for a better campaign balancement
    - The Fortified Stance will now give +1 exp to the General
    - Added a compatible and optional pack for phazer's camera mod
    - Slightly reworked many CAI features
    - Added an optional pack for a slightly easier economy and PO
    - Probably something I've forgotten

- 1.5.2 should be more difficult regarding the management and less for battling the AI (who has less deployable armies now, don't expect too much though)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Please, keep reporting
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; June 16, 2019 at 07:54 AM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.5.2 (DeI 1.2.4b) + TURTLE_Parts [upd: 15.jun/19]

Great!
    Keep it up buddy

Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.5.2 (DeI 1.2.4b) + TURTLE_Parts [upd: 15.jun/19]

Yeah!

Default Re: [SUBMOD] TURTLE (for DeI 1.2.2a)

Hey Jake. What exactly does the option economic and PO pack do? How does it make it easier?