Page 7 of 76 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20] - OUTDATED

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a slower and harder DeI campaign] S/M/L/H TESTUDO v.1.3 (DeI 1.2.2L1) + various specific MODULES [may 06/18]

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    I'm working on a general age script, to give slight effects and other small things depending on general age.
    So to combine with aging traits.
    May an english native tell me which are the best terms to identify these ages? I put mine, not sure about:
    teen: <20 / young: 20-24 / grown: 25-29 / mature: 30-34 / adult:35-39 / riped:40-49 / aged: 50-59 / old: 60-69 / elder: >70
    Thanks.
    hmmm that seems very interesting since I'm a known role-player.
    Are you thinking with our age's terms ? for example, back then I believe that a 14-year-old was already a teenager by our standards.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a slower and harder DeI campaign] S/M/L/H TESTUDO v.1.3 (DeI 1.2.2L1) + various specific MODULES [may 06/18]

Yes, modern age terms (maybe even more, since you're surely an adult at 30, but I'm not interested in exact syntax, I just need an english correct temporal stair of terms). They fit better for gameplay. Most of all because I didn't find a way to make them die of age earlier.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; May 19, 2018 at 06:45 AM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Yes, modern age terms (maybe even more, since you're surely an adult at 30.
    I have many examples of people closing to 40 and still not ''adults'' at all.

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

Hey Jake, I feel I’ve racked up enough hours with testudo and all the different components and modules offered with it to say that I’ve tested a decent amount of it’s playability and all the different aspects it has. If you have any questions regarding specific gameplay interactions with the mod, let me know.

(I’ve played this with several campaigns, but I’ll reference my current Roman play-through since I tweaked it the most with hard testudo settings. To start, you’ve created a hardcore DEI players dream mod. This is probably my 20th Roman campaign and I can comfortably state that I haven’t played anything nearly as frustrating or strategic yet. Couple of notes:

- For some reason I can’t get myself to stick with the environmental mod. I like the idea, but maybe it’s because I’m already dealing with 10 million different variables affecting my gameplay haha

- I think you’re greatest addition to 1.3 is the AI module. However, it’s also one of the biggest influencers on gameplay. When combined with Alt Econ, small factions are GOD-like. This module easily slows down the campaign the most. And when using it, I’ve had to turn off the De Art mod and use a income booster for big factions to level the playing field. Every inch of gained territory is a grind. I don’t mind it, but I think you also might want to include different levels to the AI module and something that can boost big powers as well. In most cases, I find waging war against middle-Large tier factions provides a more enjoyable and strategic experience in the long term.

- The general age module is god-sent

- Economy has been a trip just because public order is so fragile. Every building and troop is crucial and I find the whole system to be great, especially with the negative effects being largely dependent on your growth and overall prosperity.

- Civic/ culture requires a little more effort and I can’t build my usual province setups without risking P.O. Also, using all my dignitaries and a large portion of generals to help in this sector but that’s nothing too new.

- Stances have been quite an adjustment. Can’t say I have too much of an opinion on them, just replaces one mechanic with a new one that has a little twist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patrician

Hey, thanks Scipio, your comments are really welcome!
    I'm mostly satisfied with this 1.3 version, and I think I've satisfied most of the charateristics that an harder and slower version of DeI should have, without overhauling it.
    One thing I have to say is that Testudo probably needs all those modules to be complete, I choose to set a lot of micromanagements for having player pay attention to all game variables.
    Not considering some will bring issues to campaign.

- environment: this refers mostly to seasonal effects and PO level effects (how much people is satisfied). Biggest characteristic is the scaled PO malus when your people is satisfied, and PO bonus when PO is in red to contain possible rebellions.

- AI: yeah, put it as a collateral pack, but I've noticed too that small factions have more possibilities. I do have some more additions in mind, some to personalize behaviours, other to contain possible empire that aren't historical big factions. Really recommnded is De AI Arbitris, if you're not using it.

- general: I'll do some new effects based on age to make this module really indipendent and not just a number changer.

- economy and civic are the real core of Testudo. Those maluses you got every time you expand are essential.
    Treasury is important. It won't let you collect too much money, so that you'll mostly feel bankrupt when adventuring on harsh wars with AI.

- stance is essential too. If you want to test 1.4 version (Rome only - Testudo only), here it is. It is better than 1.3 version. Check description. Basically, old patrol stance will now replenish army being the most costly stance, while fortify will give you some money at the cost of losing men. Many other minor issues in description - @ http://www.mediafire.com/file/9281lb...ME_alpha6.pack

next version to do list (probably)
    - some rebalancing here and there both to core and some modules
    - general age script: effects depending on age
    - recruit script: based on culture http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ction-province
    - war weariness script: still have to think about but it will give penalties (maybe bonuses sometimes) based on battles results. This will have regional, near-to regional and faction effects.
    - governments become policies: some ideas I have in mind, I don't know if to change directly governments or to make dilemmas, or both
    - work on Claagent 11 http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...s-appreciated*. Could have good things if reworked, most probably

some questions if you don't mind:
    1) have you noticed too that Egypt and Bithynia AI have serious issue with PO?
    2) did you have issues for a too difficult recruitment possibility? Too few units per turn or that's ok?
    3) what other factions haye you played? I've played rome 300 turns, pergamon 200 and egypt 50. Seemed fine to me.
    4) which version (S/M/L/H) did you play? A nd movement?
    5) how is it with food? Too much, too few, ok?

Thanks
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; May 23, 2018 at 11:13 AM.

Up to 300 turns now. Basically using L on everything, combined with an already incredibly slow 12 tpy DEI version mod, and its insane. -10 movement

-Environment has really grown on me

-AI doesn't know how to use this mod properly.

Small factions are just way to effective. They can put out so many stacks, in such a quick manner, and have not deal with variables that hinder large factions. It's taken me about 300 turns to notice this, but large factions cant really knock out decent small factions unless I turn on a money boost for them (I know I already stated this). I have to ally myself with 5-6 factions to make any progress. Not because I cant survive, but I basically need all generals that aren't governors to focus on one region and the AI to defend my borders. Usually takes about 20 turns to capture a region on average. Not an issue for me since its turning into a super slow campaign which is cool, but Ive seen some super weird stuff done by the AI in this game. I don't know if theres just too many dang stacks rolling around or what.

-All mechanics with food and stuff are fine that I can tell. In terms of how the AI fares with it, I see so many different and unusual AI interactions, I don't know what is the result of what, and If theyre alright. Egypt is the biggest faction and my number one ally and he seems all good to me

- One third of the map is at war with the other third of the map, which is me and my allies. Its the coolest thing I've seen diplomatically in this game. There will be turns in which there is 5 different faction stacks coming out of an area. Half of this is because of all the allies I had to get (also 2 of my ally's are in the top 3 biggest) to make some expansion.

-Leveling up generals and agents takes forever.

-Recruitment is just a mechanic that you have to plan ahead on. Not too bad, but jesus, those small factions.

-Some weird bugs here and there. But for the most part I think its cause of the other mods I'm using. I will post pictures of everything tomorrow!

Patrician

- environment:

- ai: dunno, I've always had good responses from AI, or at least more than acceptable. Surely they can be improved.
    I do think that more than 300 turns are needed to see major factions blossom. 300 turns are paragonable to 75 for DeI, not so many if you think about.
    Allies are fundamental to limit war borders, 'cause you won't have economy to sustain total war

- machanics: well, the more, the more variable a campaign is. Please report unusual thing. I have noticed some with some factions, mostly ones that have majority religion issues.

- diplomacy: that's the correct way to play, trying to lead world politics towards personal gain

- experience: current levels are fine to me. I've tried many solutions before latest. I don't want to have generals at 8th lvl when they are 40 years old. They have to suffer if history has to remember them.

- recruit: yeah something better can always be done. I'll think about.
    seems small factions are really annoying you. Better so, but I'll lower them a little. Consider that DeI world (250 b.c) was mostly a tribal world. Rome was the first political reality to unify a continent basing on military and economy, but tribes always had major decisions on their lands, at least until they followed rome's global and local politics and filling governors' pockets.
    One thing is to unify a continent for a generation or some (like macedons and mongolians), one another is to build an empire that really shaped the world we know. Surely without macedons, ptolemai and seleuki, rome wouldn't have been the same.

- what mods?
    waiting for pictures.

Btw, what difficulty are you playing? Testudo is recommended for Hard.
    I would advice to play -20 movement at least. As I said earlier De Ai Arbitris is a must for this type of gameplay.

Thanks Scipio, your comments will always be appreciated.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; May 28, 2018 at 10:23 AM.

Civis

turns 2 recruit Legionar capite censi ?

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by nicolae View Post
    turns 2 recruit Legionar capite censi ?
    That's weird. What packs taken from OP are you using and what other submods?
    I've played a lot with Rome and never seen anything like that.

Haven’t had that either. Wonder what could cause that?

Civis

Default Re: [SUBMOD: o campanie de DeI mai lent şi mai greu] v.1.3 TESTUDO S/M/L/H (DeI 1.2.2L1) + diverse module specifice [mai 06/18]

începe jocul recruta cohors vigilum?
    testudo mediu

Patrician

Nicolae is right. Medium pack is bugged, probably I did an error when copying some script inside the pack.
    Huge, Large and Small are ok. I didn't try Medium pack in v1.3 before. Sorry
    I'll have to track down what's causing this.

Thanks for reporting Nicolae
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; June 03, 2018 at 07:00 AM.

Civis

and Large pack , recruit bug

Patrician

No that's not a bug. If you're using testudo stance too, recruit will need 50% of your AP.
    Consider that recruitment points have been lowered. Could be that in some fresh conquered regions you won't be able to recruit at all until you get another region in the same province.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; June 05, 2018 at 08:40 AM.

Civis

and Large pack , recruit cohors vigilum and legionar capite censi

Patrician

Mmmh
    I've tried now 5 turns with Large and Rome and everything it's fine. Scipio also made some Rome campaigns with Large and he reported there were no major bugs.
    Are you sure you have nothing else in loading order? Sorry to ask, but did you remove/deactivate Medium pack? Seems the same issue, which comes from a typo error in some script that send to hell every other script

Cheers.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; June 06, 2018 at 04:33 AM.

Civis

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a slower and harder DeI campaign] TESTUDO v.1.3 (DeI 1.2.2L1) + various specific MODULES [may 06/18]- ONLY MOVEMENT IS COMPATIBLE WITH 1.2.3.beta

expansion limit scripts

Civis

worcks all packs idem

Civis

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a slower and harder DeI campaign] TESTUDO v.1.3 (DeI 1.2.2L1) + various specific MODULES [may 06/18]- ONLY MOVEMENT IS COMPATIBLE WITH 1.2.3.beta

small pack not apears recruitement anormal,ups medium packs up,large packs and huge packs.

Civis

simple, testudo and divide not alt mods