Page 45 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950515253545570 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20] - OUTDATED

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.6.1 + Custom Packs [upd: dec.01/19]

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Hey

hmmm, I've checked the industrial values for carthago (same as for greeks) and I don't see wrong ones...
    can you send me the savegame so I can check what exactly you are talking about?

saves are inside: users > user > appdata > roaming > The Creative Assembly > Rome 2 > save_games (you'll have to unhidden the folders for user if I remember correctly you may want to google it)
    you can zip the save and upload it into TWC or in some external site and paste the link

thanks for reporting
    Hey Jake sorry for the late response.

It's the minor settlement building chain. To make sure, I opened up an original download of the TESTUDO_1.6.1_MAIN.pack with Package File Manager and looked at the values under db > building_effects_junction_tables.

As you can see in the attached image, the effects seem to be in the incorrect rows. I see slavery mod 713% (instead of manufacturing income probably) for example.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.6.1 + Custom Packs [upd: dec.01/19]

When I checked I just did it for the Buil_Hel_farm_industry
    Actually, the entire "Buil_buildings_effect_junction" is completely wrong... I've pasted from excel with a different alphabetical order...

Here's the fix: https://www.mediafire.com/file/6jlac..._fix.pack/file

Thanks for letting me know
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; February 01, 2020 at 08:28 AM.

When I checked I just did it for the Buil_Hel_farm_industry
    Actually, the entire "Buil_buildings_effect_junction" is completely wrong... I've pasted from excel with a different alphabetical order...

Here's the fix: https://www.mediafire.com/file/6jlac..._fix.pack/file

Thanks for letting me know
    No problem!

I just realized something else although in this case I can't tell what the root is. It's regarding agent/general equipment slots.

I'm getting notifications that Household Expands but when I check the agent I often don't see anything show up unless it's Mistress or Pet Bird (for the agent).

And it seems the variation in what I do get for agents/generals is very limited. I played a campaign for 300 turns (had a BLAST btw) and I only saw maybe like 10-12 different "person" cards (bottom right), ~3-4 equipment cards (top right), and ~3-4 of the miscellaneous card (bottom left).

Is there anything in Testudo that touches on them?

I'm using DEI, Orbis, Testudo + Qarthadasht Main + Huge + 12 TPY + Replenish mods only.

Just to clarify, for the equipment cards I saw mostly Token of Melqarts (2% morale for fleet). Like 90% of the time. Started giving them out to the wives lol.

Patrician

Nope, I haven't changed anything about ancs, they are DeI values.
    It would be quite a lot of work to check every anc spawning script... I don't know if I'll ever do that.
    Also 'cause I'll probably use ancs for other "weird" things... (more than "simple" additions to effects).

Keep in mind that Dresden (maybe MrTimbe too) is "currently" trying to remove some ancs issues.
    Hoping that it will solve the missing ancs after notifications (which is a Rome 2 vanilla issue too).

-----

What's Qarthadasht Main? Haven't found anything by googling it.
    By BLAST do you mean you've been blasted by AI?
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; February 01, 2020 at 03:29 PM.

Nope, I haven't changed anything about ancs, they are DeI values.
    It would be quite a lot of work to check every anc spawning script... I don't know if I'll ever do that.
    Also 'cause I'll probably use ancs for other "weird" things... (more than "simple" additions to effects).

Keep in mind that Dresden (maybe MrTimbe too) is "currently" trying to remove some ancs issues.
    Hoping that it will solve the missing ancs after notifications (which is a Rome 2 vanilla issue too).

-----

What's Qarthadasht Main? Haven't found anything by googling it.
    By BLAST do you mean you've been blasted by AI?
    Ah figures.

Haha it's the Carthage file. I think you said we're supposed to use of the faction mods if we play it.

And yeah it was intense AF. Legit Punic wars with Iberians on my back.

By the way I looked for documentation on your timeline penalties and I couldn't find them.

Do they increase indefinitely? I felt at timeline level 3 they started to get annoying and I worry if I play til turn 600ish they'll become too much. They're already basically canceling out my research bonuses. Maybe that's the point but out of everything in the mod it feels very game-y.

Maybe a submod to disable/cap them?

Sorry can't edit my posts (probably cause I don't post much)

Just wanted to say that I realized it was probably too much to ask you to disable the negative penalties that you probably worked hard to balance, so I went into the script myself and removed all the post-turn 100 triggers/messages.

I'm just trying to play it in a fun, slow-paced historical fashion (I'm even following the missions) so I'm probably taking longer than what you probably accounted for. Honestly I'm just LOVING all the micromanagement. If admirals had RPGu as well it would have been perfect but it's also probably for balance right?

Anyway thanks Jake this is my favorite gameplay mod collection.
    Last edited by Leonardo; February 02, 2020 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Posts merged.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Lebanese Dude View Post
    Sorry can't edit my posts (probably cause I don't post much)
    You need to have 25 posts before being able to edit your post.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Patrician

Carthage file: ah ok, yes you 100% need the PRGu pack for the faction you're playing

timeline: when you want to script an effect you'll have to do these things
    - have a lua file with the script ("TESTUDO_Begi.lua" inside 4/12 tpy pack 'cause turn threshlods change depending on tpy) - you can erase some entries but if you do it wrongly you'll loose some effects (check if you still have civic and econmy turtle icons inside the faction panel)
    - have a callback in the campaign script so that the campaign triggers the whole thing ("scripting.lua" inside main pack)- you can just put "--" before the callabck (-- local TESTUDO_Begi = require "lua_scripts.TESTUDO_Begi" so to deactivate the system
    - have effect_bundle entries ("@@@_TESTUDO_Begi_effect_bundles" inside main pack) - these are 100% needed to describe any new effect you want to put, scripted or not
    - have effect_bundle_to_effects_junctions entries ("@@@_TESTUDO_Begi_effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions" inside main pack) - here you can change the effect types, values, scopes (you can change the values here if you want it to be less impactant)
    - texts to describe the effects
    - ui to give images to the effects

admirals: I'll do them (3 types probably: harbour administrator, navy, marauding navy), I just had problems while inserting them, think I have found the solution (thanks to MrTimbe)

my favorite gameplay: happy to hear

Please, send me a savegame, it seems you've played 300 turns, I wanna check how the new autoresolve script (AI vs AI) is working.
    Thanks.

How to play as Boii?
    It doesn't even show up in the playable faction menu.

Patrician

I think you'll need the ceasar in gaul dlc, try googling it.

If we want to play without the RPGu generals, do we just always recruit regular armies? (are all the possible general unit variations available in that?)

Also, assuming this is all compatible with the Alternative Pike/Hoplite Phalanx/Shieldwall submod? And if so, would it be save game compatible?
    Last edited by gnosis89; February 06, 2020 at 02:49 PM.

Patrician

If we want to play without the RPGu generals, do we just always recruit regular armies?
    Well... yes, you can just go with regulars but I think you'll need to use administrators and drill troop sooner or later.
    To tell the truth I don't personally use many "battle" RPGu, just regular and professional usually. But I think that having more is just for a better and personalized gameplay style.
    Yes, all the possible variations should be available for regulars BG, can't be 100% sure but it won't hurt much otherwise, maybe just one for some factions here and there.

compatible
    That submod is fully compatible if you're playing a faction that it doesn't have Pike/hoplite units as Bodyguards. Since I'm overwriting the BG units they'll probably have some different values. AI is not touched by RPGu, so for AI there is no compatibility problem for it.
    yes it is savegame compatible

That's unfortunate as that's basically any greek faction...

Also, playing as Rome some of the RPGu only have cavalry available and others triarii....The regular army also isn;t quite the normal army, as it take spenalties after 18 units and cannot raid with more than a certain amount as well.

Patrician

Well, if you tell me what faction you wanna play I can do a custom pack so to be compatible.

RPGu have advantages and disadvantages, everyone is differently balanced so to be useful on certain occasion, making you think: what if I change this one and...?
    Choice possibilities add depth to the overall gameplay. It's a "philosophical core" of this submod.

------

I've almost finished the scripts for a Diplomatic Limitator Submod. Basically what I have, more or less, is:

1) Set "diplomatic communications" ON/OFF depending on turns. ON is twice per year for 4tpy (spring and autumn) and once per season for 12tpy. OFF is all the other turns.
    This will diminish the "diplo AI spam messages" and also statistically reduce "AI weird diplo behaviours". Also, player will have to plan his diplomacy a little more

2) Some diplo limitations for some diplo choice depending on the "diplomatic attitude", basically if you're best friend, very friendly, friendly, neutral, hostile, very hostile, bitter enemy.
    Should be useful to limit backstabs when AI liberates factions. Liberated factions have a statistical tendency to behave that way.
    Also, player can't be, more or less, backstabbed by friendly+ AI
    They will be different depending on: AI towards PL, AI towards AI, PL towards AI

3) Add a "diplomatic map range" for every faction, player and AI. The more Imperium Level a faction has the more the radius grow, meaning that small factions won't be able to diplomatically communicate too far away. The center of the radius is set on every deployed general
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; February 09, 2020 at 04:22 PM.

Pergamon if you don't mind...though also Macedon.

The hoplites phalanxes perform much better all around and are more balanced this way. However the Pikes seem better/more realistic the way vanilla has them now. Maybe this could be incorporated into Tetudo?

Patrician

I'm working on 1.6.2 which will have:
    1) some fixes (pop, replenishement, industrial buildings)
    2) diplomatic limitator (this will limit a lot of AI weird behaviours, which for testudo can be nasty)
    3) 10 new RPGu factions (+ naval RPGu and fixes 'cause I've noticed yesterday I wrongly inserted some effect scopes meaning that (i.e.) PO isn't working properly... sorry)

While building it I'll see to do a couple of packs for that phalanx submod, I'll have to check what Kam did anyway.

Could you also up the general count by +3 (or more) each imperium level for player, as with the RPGu we need many more generals.

What's wrong with the population mechanics? I do notice that even places like Rome never really go above 18,000 even after 100+ turns, often going down quite a bit (without ever being taken).

Patrician

up the general: + 3 is too much, I'll leave them as they are (since they are ok, not too few, not too many) and do a turtle_weight pack giving +1
    population mechanics: more or less, it's a choice, first for not having infinite recruitment possibility (keep in mind that game is much slower), second for limiting economy given by the pop system, third for giving more sense to advanced buidlings giving pop bonuses. I'll tweak some values (mostly for PO/tax issues) but don't expect it to be much different

The additional generals would only be for the player right, not the AI? So why not give mutiple packs as options then. +1, +2, +3? Also, better to have more and allow the player to choose (we can always limit ourselves) than limit us without giving any option.
    Also, would that be save game compatible? I'm really looking forward to having more generals in my current Rome campaign....(Because 80% of my generals are garrison/governors and they cannot act as armies at all, without them my provinces would be rebellion every 5 turns...and even now I struggle to maintain PO in my main provinces)

Patrician

The reason why you have those severe PO issues is because I've put a wrong entry (effect to region while it has to be to province) for PO effect scopes...
    I beg your pardon but as I've said before I noticed this a couple of days ago.

So here is a patch for this RPGu issue (you can use it with every playable faction and it is save-game compatible). It contains the building fix too, so you don't need it no more.
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/zbqcr...ATCH.pack/file

Inside this pack, if you open it with PFM/RPFM, you'll find a "@@@_TESTUDO_Army_effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions" tab, at the very end.
    Inside you'll find the bonuses that player has regarding the deployable armies (based on imperium level from 1 to 8). You can mod them as you wish, save-game compatible (they'll change from next turn)
    I really don't advice to put more than +1, you'll see that with the PO issue solved things will be different

1.6.2 is ready but I would like to do 10 playable factions more before releasing it