Page 32 of 76 FirstFirst ... 722232425262728293031323334353637383940414257 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20] - OUTDATED

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.6 (DeI 1.2.5) + Custom Packs [upd: aug.07/19]

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post

You know, I hate to be that guy, Jake, but would it be betraying any secret pact you might have made to tell us when you think you're going to release the 1.6.1 beast? I'd rather keep my strength for that new version if not too far away. Besides, it really seems I can't get past the 30 turns with Bactria, (lol again) so I wouldn't mind doing it all over again with the update .

Oh, and, about that Latin quotes...I'll be honest with you once again, and confess to you that if I told you about it in the first place it was so you could...you know...maybe let us know what they mean...I mean, I'm very curious by nature, and the fact that my native tongue has ties with Latin had me thinking I could comprehend those quotes somehow, but when I read "Trahit sua qemque voluptas" and translated it intuitively into "Betray whoever is voluptuous", I felt that it might not be something my parents could have possibly told me when I was a child...

So you see, we need to know what they mean, so we can throw them at our friends'face someday! Those bastards, they won't know what hit them!

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.6 (DeI 1.2.5) + Custom Packs [upd: aug.07/19]

A) Yeah, strategic games rely on player's options, the more I mod the more they will be
    and then every player can taylor his campaigns according to his needs! That is why i will have testudo as a base from now on. only "problem" is that is hard to have concistant feedbacks for every compination.

B) I like very much that i can see the age of the enemy general in the UI. the rest of Generals status as it is now is a little 'blunt' cause is based on lack and no actual "facts". But is a super welcome and immersive adittion! I dream someday this mechanic to be bond with the traits and then traits with actions. ( and dont forget, for AI generals also )

C) For me is really difficult to calculate if an RPGu has any real advantage. I had a land administrator and a province administrator on a settlement with farms and comercial buildings and when i dispanded them i saw my tresury rising. anyway, since we can have a general alone ( and that is the DEI mechanic of no negative PO for a lone general ) as a governor i dont really see the usefull of the say province administrator as it is now. That is why i say about polishing the excisted ones and no overexpand on others. Again though a very promished mechanic! Something else. I like the garrison RPGu but when i had a battle the other day as macedon the models of the unit didnt showed up on the battle. only the captains and the general. a bug or Maybe mod conflict? .

D) is it advisible to use Age of hellenism light along with the testudo? Sadly ROme again landed on greece on turn 10. I hoped the scripts will postponed it for a few turns. I believe the only way to postponed this is to have taras intipendent and a trush with bad relations between rome and hepeirus.

E) I hope in a month or so to be able to add in you cause for the best ever rome 2 version

PS - Can we have a pack that make trade profit between factions a little bigger? say x3 or something like this.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

@Jean:

Can't say, maybe next weekend, it depends.

Latin quotes are just quotes, you can find them by searching in the net.
    Sorry but I've put quite many of them with the only purpose to add warmth and curiosity.
    Their meaning is somehow linked to the effect but knowing it, well, is uninmportant. They are aphorisms and even if aphorisms have hidden depths for cuorious eyes their direct meaning is for children's ears.

@nikossaiz:

A) don't mind about other people feedbacks too much, they are important for the modder and to understand what the mod does. A mod is a just game, play it and keep playing it if you have time and will
    Testudo feedbacks say that it is a good mod for people who likes to play harder, slower and more strategical. Your pick to decide which version to use.
    First, decide between 4/12 tpy, then the pace (which defines how much it is slower and harder). After a couple of campaigns you may want to start picking one (or more) of the parts (if you don't feel that some features are fully balanced) and/or the weight (overall easier/harder)

C) advantage doesn't mean only money for testudo. Any RPGu unit will always cost you some money, the bonuses are to be searched outside money (exp gained, PO, sanitation, food and all the special features). RPGu is still on beta, give me time to balance things and start adding units to those BG and you'll get the picture better

D) that's weird 'casue more or less they have the same scripts regarding this, I've never seen Rome landing in greece in my campaigns while epirus has always been beaten after 30/40 (or more) turns. If you go to OP and check the campaign sample you'll see that epirus is still breathing both in greece and italy at turn 50. The game always has a certain randomness (which is 100% a good thing), it's difficult to judge testudo with 1/2 campaigns, you'll need more than that.
    If Seleukos says that AoH is compatible then you can use it and try how it is, really can't say

E) oh, well, this depends on how much time me and/or eventually other guys (hope so) will keep modding. Anyway the best pick would be to do the best TW game ever...
    Thanks to DeI and the fact that Rome 2 is not a bad game at all (and highly moddable), this is possible, more or less
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 28, 2019 at 08:58 AM.

RPGu is still on beta, give me time to balance things
    Ofcourse Jake, all the time in the world ( still remember where i was when i read from my phone the first PIGs posts. seing mods getting mature is part of the Joy"

If Seleukos says that AoH is compatible then you can use it and try how it is, really can't say
    i used age of hellenism light, again it seems that brakes the economy trust script. If i put it bellow testudo packs seems to work fine, at least the aesthetics ( provinces, faction names etc ) Since you use the same scripts this must be the way to go. Curiously only economy trust seems to be affected ( same when i use the AI_age pack from the PIGs section )

The RPGu garrison general still dont show up on battles, clearly the engine dont find the model attached to it. This is known or is something ( the most likely ) from my end?.

First, decide between 4/12 tpy, then the pace (which defines how much it is slower and harder). After a couple of campaigns you may want to start picking one (or more) of the parts (if you don't feel that some features are fully balanced) and/or the weight (overall easier/harder)
    4tpy , medium, allready using parts to nurf things a little , buildings small, technology small, population ( this is to do with replenishment? ) small . Everything seems fine, no frastration what so ever. The opposite, seems like a pleasant challenge.

Patrician

AoH Lite doesn't break anything to me, anyway try this pack. I've removed seleukos scripts 'cause they are overwriting mine. They (more or less) brings the same things but they are actually different... (autoresolve is completely different).
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/gi1vj...tudo.pack/file

for AI_Age use the patch I've posted for you into #620

All RPGu units are invisible, next release should fix it
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 29, 2019 at 11:17 AM.

AoH doesn't break anything to me
    hmm, ok then. i will use this one, Thank you. ( in testudo it is included the seleukos' "seleucid satrapy rebelion" script? )

for AI_Age use the patch I've posted for you into #620
    Im already using this one, once again thank you!

All RPGu units are invisible, next release should fix it
    didnt know that you were aware, thought was a side effect only on my end. anyway , good to hear they will be fixed on new release!

Patrician

"seleucid satrapy rebelion": turns only, not the part about rebelling, that part is like DeI's.
    I've tried to do a custom one but testudo's economy is different and wasn't able to find a good spot with a couple of trials. I'll try again sooner or later.
    Never played seleuki in my life and for AI is working fine, if someone did (or will) play seleuki please report how it is working
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 29, 2019 at 11:32 AM.

Thank you Jake. There are a few things you may have noticed/been reported about, still, since you’re cooking a new update, here goes:

_Mainly about the “Field Commander” appointment: the action cost is not seeable due to the length of the text description (maybe you could shorten the blue and red generic warnings/advice which are the same on other options anyway.)
    Also, this effect gives – 10% recruitment costs for 6 turns along with several bonuses to armies. But to my mind, the only case this would prove useful is when you need create an army in a rush to face an impeding enemy attack, because in 6 turns, you hardly can both raise a full army to take advantage of the recruit. bonus + go campaigning and reach the enemy settlement/army to take advantage of the army bonuses. Both seem not to fit for such a short time span (6 turns) (but maybe I’m the one missing something here).
    And finally, still about that appointment, I experienced troubles targeting one guy from my family who DID meet the requirements (target must have one –or two-- less cunning point than the initiator’s zeal, or something). Exemple, my basileus=7 zeal; the guy targeted=7 cunning. I make him divorce, he then drops to 6 cunning, and even after many turns it is impossible to appoint him, while others with same amount of cunning are ok (maybe NOW I’m confusing about the exact amount required and even maybe about the attributes, but I DID when it happened carefully check it didn’t work properly).

_A Hero development card (valour) gives a +0% bonus to sth throughout all 3 levels (with no bonus when fully unlocked, then).

Again, really loving the mod Jake: that simple (so to speak) addition of political depth makes it a very enjoyable and now working game to me. It’s amazing to see how it can be transformed by just making a completely abandoned feature properly working and which now makes you feel a real synergy between all aspects of the game (to me, of course). Now my hope to see an hybrid Pandemic/CA game seems no more to be exactly that, just a dream! Hehe, ok we’re far from it, but…you know…somehow it has a foretaste of it.

Let u know if I see anything else.

Patrician

“Field Commander”: mmhh I'll have to check, other people reported this intrigue has something weird. I'll see to do a better version for the next PIGS update (which should come after 1.6.1)

"valour": yeah, I've removed the exp given by this skill to champion's general 'cause it's not possible to have less than 3 exp per turn. It's too much for testudo.
    third level should give those +3 exp if I'm correct. 1st and 2nd not.

Yeah, there are a lot of things that can be done still, really, a lot.

Thanks, keep reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    “Field Commander”: mmhh I'll have to check, other people reported this intrigue has something weird. I'll see to do a better version for the next PIGS update (which should come after 1.6.1)

"valour": yeah, I've removed the exp given by this skill to champion's general 'cause it's not possible to have less than 3 exp per turn. It's too much for testudo.
    third level should give those +3 exp if I'm correct. 1st and 2nd not.

Yeah, there are a lot of things that can be done still, really, a lot.
    You know, when I wrote about asking for the next release date so that I could save my strenght for that one, I knew as I was writing I could not actually refrain from playing the current version But if your mind is brewing with tons of new ideas...Who am I to say no to it! It had been a long time since I felt that thrill about playing the game...EB 1...

About the valour card, I'm pretty much sure it is 0% all the way.

I'll definitely keep you posted if can and find any oddities. Thanks Jake

Is it possible to add the "parts"? The normal movement that comes with normal/middle is so far from historical, it makes it fantasy.Ancient armies could move over 10x the distance. There's no point in recruiting an army anywhere other than right next to where you want to fight. It took over half a decade to get an army from Italy to Spain.

All the modifiers turned "Abysmal", but there's no guide for them.

EDIT: Rage quit.
    Last edited by NorthernXY; September 02, 2019 at 02:25 AM.

Patrician

You can use whatever part you want to set the gameplay as you wish.
    I think it is more than a year those movement pack are there and no one has ever complained. They are compatible with anything.
    The guide is into 2nd post under other submods included > strat movement. So, instead of "rage quitting" you may want to read descriptions next time.
    You have 13 different packs for strat movement, they will take place the turn after the loaded game, use the one you wish.
    I wouldn't go over 0 pack if I were you. Your pick though.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; September 02, 2019 at 04:47 AM.

Going to restart with 12tpy, with -15 movement.

How do I manage things so not all modifiers turn "Abysmal"?

EDIT: Tech and build times seemed to stay the same even though I've now activated the DeI 12tpy submod.

EDIT 2: Never mind, was expecting build and tech times to be about 4x larger, they're about 25% larger.
    Last edited by NorthernXY; September 02, 2019 at 06:54 PM.

Patrician

what do you mean by "How do I manage things so not all modifiers turn "Abysmal""?
    Are you speaking about the economical trust?

pace time increases aren't linear, they don't have a simple and constant multiplier

Yes, economical trust. Thought there were a few more.

Patrician

basically, keep ypur taxes and treasury low and use the economical stimulation intrigue

for VPS have a look here: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ESTERS-NEEDED!
    for PIGS have a look here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-upd-mar-12-19
    for RPGu have a look here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-upl-apr-08-19

Thanks, doing a lot better this play through.

Senator

Jake,

could you consider to make Medewi playable now after the DeI 1.2.5 release? Or is it already? It's not listed in the map anyway.
    Last edited by geala; September 05, 2019 at 02:00 AM.

Patrician

@northern:
    testudo is quite complex (sometimes even counter intuitive), you'll need some time to be able to properly ride a campaign

@geala:
    No there is no Medewi pack.
    First I have to finish the new RPGu version and then start doing all the custom packs for the factions, it will take a while since I reach Medewi.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; September 05, 2019 at 03:44 AM.

Dominatrixx's Avatar Tiro

Turtle Weights Light link is leading to some missing page at Mediafire for some reason right now...