Page 31 of 76 FirstFirst ... 621222324252627282930313233343536373839404156 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20] - OUTDATED

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.6 (DeI 1.2.5) + Custom Packs [upd: aug.07/19]

You can play it on H/H, values are set accordingly.
    It's simply not recommended.

So how is this H/H campaign going?

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.6 (DeI 1.2.5) + Custom Packs [upd: aug.07/19]

I love it! It’s a real challenge and if I can say so, much deeper than scipio realism (which has been my fav sub mod so far).
    love the new mechanics and options which you made possible thru ur mod! So far I’m just wondering why my units loose xp all the time? Really really challenging! Every decision should be well thought.
    (Playing as rome)

Patrician

Thx, I'm glad you like it
    Yeah, it's a complex submod.

Send me the savegame and point me out which army is losing exp.
    What packs are you using for your campaign? I need to know to properly load the save.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 21, 2019 at 04:45 PM.

Dominatrixx's Avatar Tiro

Man, your sub-mod is truly a gem! I've just recently discovered DeI but with your sub-mod it's even 10x better. I'm finally enjoying Rome 2 because now it's playable and great

Patrician

I'm glad to hear.

I use:

@12tpy dei submod
    @@testudo 1.6 Tpy 12
    @@@testudo 1.6 rome
    @@@@testudo 1.6 huge 12 tpy
    dei less minimum rank
    dei part 1
    dei part 2
    dei part 3
    no campaign clouds „updated“

i use the new launcher and mostly steam version except the „@...“

how can I send you my savegame ?

Patrician

I think you can zip it and then upload directly into TWC (click on Go Advancedin the bottom right)
    Otherwise you can upload it into mediafire/mega/whatever and put here the download link given

hi,is this mod compatible with the alexander campaign mod? thank you!

Patrician

no, Grand Campaign only

Hey, Here's my part: Fresh shares of my Huge Testudo Campaing, latest version (1.6 DeI 1.2.5) at turns 100 and 150, becoming the big man in the Italic Peninsula.

Turn 100
    https://mega.nz/#!IF0HgKwQ!fta-q3hdu...qU6_NYFUBV1iNs

Turn 145

https://mega.nz/#!wR1DmSDY!JK15fFRDg...1_ldUsMBMMpckU

Hope it helps at testing!

Patrician

Oh, thx, I'll give it a look in the weekend

Im sorry Jake but I can’t finde where the save game is located... could you please help me? Need to show you that the xp of my units is decreasing every turn

Patrician

I get it, a net search will give you the answer next time, though.
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/21495...7657/?l=german

Oh, Jake, what a nice submod you make! I took a break from Data Venia while Ygraine is hotfixing stuff, and I find that gem of yours. Been a while I had so much fun, really. As you put in description, now you "feel" the game, and I'm not even playing Large (huge actually, lol). And even though I haven't been able to pass beyond 30 turns (bactria, lol), I very much like the feeling of focus/tightness you get from it. My neighbour, now, I respect, coz the real ennemy seems to be inside, and going campaigning is no more a trifling choice.
    Anyway, won't be listing all I find great --everything, actually -- I'll cut to the chase and just say a big thanks! So...thanks! Sorry, THANKS!

Oh, one thing I don't like, and it is that you take us all for some kind of erudites that get latin straight away! Man, we're dumb as...we are! Put the subtitles!

Patrician

Nice to hear but now I'll have to face Ygraine's wrath...
    Latin quotes are just to add color to the UI and give some warmth, nothing else, their meaning is similar to what your parents told you when you were a child so there's no harm into a not understanding.

I'm near to realease 1.6.1 with a lot of minor balancements, some new/reworked feature and a new RPGu BG system where you'll be able to pick between 12 different types of armies/navies and every army will have different "campaign stances" giving different effects (garrisoned, in owned region, in foreign region, unit number limit).

Here's a preview of the new icons, since this is a RPGu feature their shape is penthagonal to add an info dimension (white icon will be normal armies/navies, just divided into units owned thresholds):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 26, 2019 at 10:48 AM.

So nice! I'll definitely be on the lookout for it (if Ygraine hasn't killed me before, since I told him about my little "escapade" to another submod...hope he's not of the jealous type!). Thanks anyway for the amazing mod

Patrician

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

Hello jake, as ive already said i am in the most busy period so i dont have the time needed to fully appreciate the sub overhaul that testudo is, but for the first time, today, i had my first turns with it. I choose 4 tpy and medium pace. A little faster campaign movement. Playing as antigonidai. I can not give you any feedback yet, but i would like to mention a few things.
    A) the many options in so many gameplay sections is the best form that an overhaul of this size can be. 10/10 for the options.

B) if i add the pack from pigs that show the age of the ai generals on the ui, then the economy trust doesnt work at all. Is it possible in the next version to incorporate the latest version of PIGs with the part that ivanpera made?

C) i didnt thought that i will use the custom bodyguards but i did and was quite immersive and also helpful. I would like to warn you though. I saw that you are planning to add many versions (12) in the next testudo. I believe that more of them will make the mechanic confusing and tedious. I understand that is a new hall founding and you are in a mood of making more and more stuff,but making the existing ones more useful and polished can be more gameplay rewarding. Anyway, i like the ui symbols very very much! All the ui icons included in testudo are state of art, bravo!

D) the new element that selukos added in age of hellenism came from you, so testudo allready uses a version of it? (Rome recruit less for 20 turns etc etc )

E)i think testudo will be used as the base for my campains fron now on. Thank you very much jake!

Hey Jake, I wouldn't think so but is it possible to make the Rpgu generals not consume food? I'm playing a Roma campaign at the moment and have Latium and Italia and so don't have enough food to be able to have a few of those Rpgu armies (I was using land admin ones) around because they consume food and put me in a deficit. Also personally I havent seen that they're worth it. I was using them in my regions with multiple commerce buildings so as to boost the income from those regions but the upkeep cost of the unit is greater than the bonus they give to the income. Is that because the unit isnt skilled up enough or my commerce buildings arent high tier enough? I know they offer some other bonuses but because Testudo is so punishing with money, you need every coin you can and so for me it's a deal breaker when those units aren't making me profit.

Thanks

Patrician

@nikossaiz

A) Yeah, strategic games rely on player's options, the more I mod the more they will be
    B) I've still to decide what to do with General's Status (there are a lot of options about that), may be that in future version AI info will be diplayed as an UI override.
    Here is the patched pack for TESTUDO AI age (not ivanpera's pack, I'll see to adapt it for next release):
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/7na242..._Age.pack/file
    C) No I don't think 12 will be too many, it will be up to the player to decide wheter to use them or not, they are not a necessity, they are more possibilities. They are 12 'cause every one will be focused on a gameplay choice. And yes I'm gonna polish them but don't expect them to have less effects. The only way to have a really good strategical submod is to have it "complicated" which means to me full of possible "dimensions" (many low values effects coming from a lot of features). That's the only way to achieve my aims.
    Also, keep in mind that in the future RPGu will be really complex, it will not have just BG units, it will have normal units too (depending on the BG chosen)
    D) Yes they are similar even if not the same, I just passed the script (a really simple one) to seleukos then he made his own version. Next version will have a fully overhauled autoresolve script and some adjustments for the AI recruit (I may implement the recruit reduction for seleuki's satrapies like seleukos did)
    E) you're welcome

@itsweeting

Yes I'm gonna remove part of the Testudo Stance (and check/redo all effects) which is active for the RPGu too. But Rpgu aren't meant to give bonuses only, as every testudo feature you'll get some bonuses at the cost of some maluses, otherwise it would be too arcadish (I click and I get a bonus).
    That's also the reason why there will be 12 different BG in next version. You can do pretty anything with any RPGu BG but the costs will be different, so it's up to the player to study what's the best option in the current turn.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 27, 2019 at 09:02 AM.