Page 21 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930314671 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20] - OUTDATED

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a slower and harder DeI campaign] TESTUDO v.1.4.1 (DeI 1.2.3e) + TURTLE + TURTLE_Parts - NOT COMPATIBLE WITH DeI 1.2.4a

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a slower and harder DeI campaign] TESTUDO v.1.4.1 (DeI 1.2.3e) + TURTLE + TURTLE_Parts - NOT COMPATIBLE WITH DeI 1.2.4a

yeah, I started a campaign too, just to see how it works.
    Seems fine for now, let me know what you think

Hopefully I get time to over spring break! Keep it up you bloody champion mate!

Patrician

Here it is the 99% definitive version of TESTUDO_HUGE_1.5
    It's more playable than previous versions.
    I'll need a couple of days more to do the T/S/M/L packs and quick test them to check values (mostly for culture)

- it includes a custom PIGS version and RPGu (15 factions playable, load the pack you'll find inside TESTUDO_1.5_pick_faction). It is highly recommended to use RPGu units.
    - strat movement is set to -20 (-30 % compared to DeI). You can change it using one of the packs inside TURTLE_1.5_Parts (recommended: from -25 to -10)
    - use the official 12 tpy mod, TESTUDO_HUGE has quite some values set for 12 tpy
    - don't use any other mod (apart from graphical, UIs, official battle, the one lowering units' rows)
    - better to play it at normal difficulty (hard for battles if you wish)
    - lower taxes during early turns, even remove them if necessary, and disband most of your units, you won't need them and the AI will attack you rarely. Build your economy first and then choose your target (if you're playing Rome, go for Etruria very quickly).

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5p2k6..._HUGE.zip/file
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; March 19, 2019 at 03:12 PM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Great! Keep it up buddy
    What about research times? not sure if you have tweaked them as well.

Patrician

Sure, construction, technology, reforms, kittens... it's all set to play a more realistic 12 tpy, same for the AI

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Sure, construction, technology, reforms, kittens... it's all set to play a more realistic 12 tpy, same for the AI
    Did you double the vanilla DEI required research points?
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; March 19, 2019 at 03:17 PM.

Patrician

Nothing is simply doubled, I did custom curves, should be something more than doubled but I'm not sure, it's quite some time I did that and just do some little tweaks after tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Nothing is simply doubled, I did custom curves, should be something more than doubled but I'm not sure, it's quite some time I did that and just do some little tweaks after tests.
    Good to know...Yeah, I know you're a complex persona

Patrician

My funny aim is to do the more complex/micromanaged/slow paced mod ever for a TW game (well, we'll see ofc).
    Road is still long though.
    I think my plans will cover 6/12 months from now (well, if I keep doing this ofc).

Well... Looks like its time to start a new campaign again

Thanks for the update Jake.
    I have not played for a while, would this be the correct load order?

@1Testudo 1.5 Rome
    @2Testudo 1.5 Huge
    @3TPY 12
    @Dei pt1
    @Dei pt2
    "don't use any other mod" So no cultural tensio and de ai arbitriis?

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Good job, Jake! I'm really curious about your testudo approach, so I'll definitely give it a try at some point!

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by ltsweeting View Post
    Well... Looks like its time to start a new campaign again
    YO!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadeusz11 View Post
    Thanks for the update Jake.
    I have not played for a while, would this be the correct load order?

@1Testudo 1.5 Rome
    @2Testudo 1.5 Huge
    @3TPY 12
    @Dei pt1
    @Dei pt2
    "don't use any other mod" So no cultural tensio and de ai arbitriis?
    yes, loading order is correct, check @ number into my packs, the more they have the more above they have to be.
    A custom cultural version is already inside.
    De Ai Arbitris has to be updated, it's not compatible with latest dei version as it is. Part of his values are already inside latest DeI.
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~ View Post
    Good job, Jake! I'm really curious about your testudo approach, so I'll definitely give it a try at some point!
    thx, please let me know what you think
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; March 20, 2019 at 07:47 AM.

Patrician

TESTUDO 1.5
    IS OUT!

Since the site is still "down" and won't let you edit posts, I'll put here the packs.
    You'll have to wait for full description until site issue is solved.
    I will upload some other packs to customize other features too.

- TESTUDO_1.5_ ALREADY CONTAINS CUSTOM VERSIONS OF PIGS AND RPGu
    - DON'T USE ANY OTHER SUBMOD. JUST GRAPHICAL OR KAM'S OFFICIAL'S ONES REGARDING UNIT ROWS

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    outdated
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; April 06, 2019 at 08:20 AM.

Patrician

sorry, forgot to say: play at NORMAL difficulty (at least your first campaign)

Thank you

"najłatwiej i najpiękniej nie gnębić drugich, ale samemu nad sobą pracować, żeby być możliwie jak najlepszym" Sokrates

Patrician

please, report impressions (and state what pack are you using)

Patrician

TESTUDO 1.5.1
    IS OUT !

It seems the site is still having issues and doesn't let you edit big posts like my OP
    I'm uploading 1.5.1 here without descriptions which I'll add when possible

@@@ DOWNLOAD TESTUDO AND TURTLE_PARTS 1.5.1
    - don't use any other mod besides graphical or battle ones
    - custom PIGS and RPGu alredy included
    - load the standard 12 tpy mod for related packs
    - use one of the "pick your faction packs" (IT'S NECESSARY!), 30 factions to choose from
    - use one of the TURTLE PARTS if you want to change some features (better to wait for a full description, I'll do when site will run fine and let me edit OP)
    - TURTLE PARTS are pack you can use to adapt your T/S/M/L/H main pack with specific T/S/M/L/H features (they should be quite self explanatory by reading the title)
    - Besides Cultural Tensio, Environment and Custom Scripts you can use other TURTLE Packs with DeI

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; April 13, 2019 at 12:35 PM.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Well done, Jake!

It appears to me that all the posts can be edited now, but especially for the bigger ones, it takes much longer to load. Or that's at least how it works for me.