Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.6 (DeI 1.2.5) + Custom Packs [upd: aug.07/19]

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a slower and harder DeI campaign] TESTUDO v.1.4.1 (DeI 1.2.3e) + TURTLE + TURTLE_Parts - NOT COMPATIBLE WITH 1.2.3f

Is this work on 1.2.4 a version DeI ?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a slower and harder DeI campaign] TESTUDO v.1.4.1 (DeI 1.2.3e) + TURTLE + TURTLE_Parts - NOT COMPATIBLE WITH 1.2.3f

No, sorry, wait a little more time

I can't wait! Definitely my favourite sub-mod for total-war.Actually allows you to have several hundred year long campaigns

Thx, I have some packs but they are not in order yet and I want to insert the political overhaul into 1.5

What are the actual turn numbers for the different reforms? Vanilla polybian reform is turn 40 so what's the %increase for the different levels ie Small-Huge? Is small polybian reform like 50 turns and then huge is like 120 turns? You used to have a table that showed us all the different turns required for the different levels but I couldn't see that table anywhere.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar BEARDED MODERATION
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Samos41 View Post
    What are the actual turn numbers for the different reforms? Vanilla polybian reform is turn 40 so what's the %increase for the different levels ie Small-Huge? Is small polybian reform like 50 turns and then huge is like 120 turns? You used to have a table that showed us all the different turns required for the different levels but I couldn't see that table anywhere.
    Here you are:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Player Cultural Reform Triggers:

Rome
    Polybian - Imperium level 3, minimum turns 40
    Marian - Imperium level 5, minimum turns 100
    Imperial - Imperium level 7, minimum turns 210

Greek\Successor Kingdoms
    Thureos - Imperium level 3, minimum turns 50
    Thorax - Imperium level 5, minimum turns 120

Celtic\Gallic\Iberian\German
    Neitos - Imperium level 4, minimum turns 90

Parthian
    Late Reforms - Imperium level 5, turns 120

Global Cultural Reform Triggers:

Rome
    Polybian - Turn 50
    Marian - Turn 130
    Imperial - Turn 240

Greek\Successor Kingdoms
    *Carthaginian, Armenian, Odyrssian and Illyrian reforms will trigger on these turns as well even for the player.
    Thureos - Turn 60
    Thorax - Turn 140

Barbarian (German, Celtic, Gallic, Celtiberian)
    German - Turn 115
    Iberian - Turn 117
    Celtic/Dacian - Turn 110

Parthian
    Late Reforms - Turn 130

DLC Campaign Reforms
    Most factions start at a higher reform tier in DLC campaigns, especially Rome. Rome starts at Polybian in HatG, Marian in CiG and Imperial in IA (these decisions were made so that there would be a campaign to reflect each Roman reform level). Some factions still have reforms, these include:

HatG:
    Carthage - Player Imperium 4, Turn 60 ; AI Turn 80
    Iberian - Player Imperium 4, Turn 80 ; AI 100

CiG:
    Celtic/German/Iberian - Player Imperium 3, Turn 20; AI Turn 35

Saka Rauka Special Reforms
    - Unlike other factions, Saka Rauka has special reform requirements.
    - Once the faction owns the regions bordering India (Transoxiana and Baktria), the reforms will trigger.

Royal Scythia Reforms
    - Scythia also has special reform requirements.
    - The reforms can be triggered 2 ways. E
    ither 100 turns of owning a region of another Scythian/Sarmation faction. Or, 70 turns and 10 battles against other Scythian/Sarmation factions.

Dacian Reforms
    - The Getae have special reforms. They require 100 turns and 10 battles with Rome for the player or 130 turns for the AI.

Mauryan Reforms
    - The Mauryans have special reforms. They require 100 turns and 10 battles with Baktria for the player or 130 turns for the AI.

Yeah, I''ll upload mine, I don't know if I have it or not.

Any luck with that table? If not what are the %increases for each type of turtle part? I'm guessing Huge is 300% vanilla, in my last rome campaign I think I got polybian reform at turn 120 I think. That felt a bit too long for me but I still want it to take longer around 80 turns so would Large be good for that or Medium?

Sorry.
    romans:
    H: 120, 300, 630
    L: 100, 260, 540
    M: 85, 220, 460
    S: 70, 180, 380
    T: 55, 140, 300
    Vanilla: 50, 130, 240

Don't be sorry mate these submods make 12tpy great again! Thanks

Sure, now that I have a stable PIGS version i'll adapt it for Testudo, finish to tweak others things and then it will be ready

Eh.... I know
    I'm working on a first release about a RPG unit submod, a couple of days to finish it (Thx to Dardo for a couple of advices about some db tables)

Then I'm gonna implement RPGu and PIGS into the Testudo 1.5 I have already done.
    No more than a week, most probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Eh.... I know
    I'm working on a first release about a RPG unit submod, a couple of days to finish it (Thx to Dardo for a couple of advices about some db tables)

Then I'm gonna implement RPGu and PIGS into the Testudo 1.5 I have already done.
    No more than a week, most probably.
    Yahoo ! That's gonna be excellent, Testudo 1.5 for all (small/medium/etc) ?! What is RPG ?

Yes, T/S/M/L/H
    It will be easier, less frustrating at least, I exaggerated with 1.4

RPG units (in its beta version) will let you choose between different bodygurads, and every BG will give you different army effects:
    - DeI vanilla BG: as per DeI, so mostly for battles
    - Auxiliary Army: an army capped at 7 units for training, recruiting and moving troops (with penalty for battles, so they shouldn't be used to fight nor to be garrisoned)
    - Garrison Army: an army capped at 10 to have city garrison armies (used to fight as defensive garrison only with less PO malus, not to be deployed into land)
    - Urban Administrator: an army capped at 1, for city governors (garrisoned only)
    - Land Administrator: an army capped at 1, for land governors (land deployed only)

After this first beta I'll start adding custom units (like captains for spears, swords, cavalry, archers...) and "custom characters" (like, dunno, a priest raising culture, a messanger rising movement and so on, every army will have its own depending on the BG chosen).
    It will raise RPG choices a lot

After Testudo 1.5 I'll return working with ivanpera to the "virtual points system" based on your people trust scripts.
    We already prepared a skeleton script, but there are a lot of things to do.
    This will be a really great thing, I hope.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; February 14, 2019 at 03:47 AM.

Good on ya Jake, keep up the great work!

By the way I was curious, do you have a particular faction or group of faction for newcomers to Testudo that would be demonstrate the changes in the game? I kinda figured Rome would be the prime example however I'm already in the middle of a great play through with them. So do you think Testudo might effect other groups (Such as Hellenic or Gauls) more so than others?

nikossaiz's Avatar Semisalis

Bravo Jake!! Very good elements, fear for so much confusing about the armies. Will it be possible on a later time to have these elements as a basic dei submod in order to Tailor the campaign the way we want? Or is it testudo exclusively?

@lonelyemp
    Testudo is a DeI submod, so it is largely based on DeI, it doesn't change anything about faction balancement.
    What it changes, conceptually and through a lot of things, is the pace.
    If you pick a 1 region faction, you'll have a really long campaign. And you'll have to pay attention where to expand and not being backstabbed.
    If you pick a big faction (carthago, ptolemoi, seleuki) it will be really slow at start (I'm planning to do a boost script for the first 12 turns), 'cause you'll have to wait for a lot of buildings to be built before thinking about expansion.
    Rome is, as always, the easiest faction, 'cause it's military stronger and start with medium holdings.

This is what I've noticed playing 12tpy Huge version.

@nikossaiz
    I'll release it for DeI too before releasing testudo 1.5.
    I don't know if it has much sense for DeI, though.
    It's a good addition for slower paced mods imo, where you'll have quite some turns without any battle and where strat movement is reduced.
    So you can have fun with some rolepalying and choose your rpg orientation, depending on what AI is doing and what you want to do (turtle, expand...)

-------------

One thing I forgot to say, it would be better to have DeI 124b before testudo 1.5.
    There will be some changes into it and they will be quite important for Testudo.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; February 14, 2019 at 09:39 AM.

nikossaiz's Avatar Semisalis

It's a good addition for slower paced mods imo, where you'll have quite some turns without any battle and where strat movement is reduced.
    sound really logical. Is a vey interesting and good piece but turtle is a differnet puzzle than base DEi. maybe with alter economy but still.. maybe a lite version of it, only 2 diferrent BGs , for in faction and expeditions etch. Very good thoughts. Happy that you share all of them in moding form.

better to have DeI 124b before testudo 1.5.
    There will be some changes into it and they will be quite important
    DEI getting even better, who would have thought

Well, RPGu can be completely harmless, just don't pick the custom BG and use DeI vanilla's only.
    There won't be any change until you'll recruit a custom BG.