Page 15 of 76 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324254065 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20] - OUTDATED

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a slower and harder DeI campaign] TESTUDO v.1.4.1 (DeI 1.2.3e) + TURTLE + TURTLE_Parts [UPL: aug.25/18] [FIX: aug.31/18]

@leonardusius: Sorry, no.
    Never done it myself. Only thing that come in my mind is to check how and where DeI team added the new spice resource or check this old Daruwind's thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14162411
    But there is no downloadable pack, try to PM him, he'll surely be able to help you.

@marseu: sorry mate, Stance None is correct to be in-game with Testudo.
    Didn't remember icon was there anyway. It doesn't give any effect, check the green icon turtle and other Stance icons to see stances' values
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; September 01, 2018 at 07:59 AM.

Civis

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a slower and harder DeI campaign] TESTUDO v.1.4.1 (DeI 1.2.3e) + TURTLE + TURTLE_Parts [UPL: aug.25/18] [FIX: aug.31/18]

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    @leonardusius: Sorry, no.
    Never done it myself. Only thing that come in my mind is to check how and where DeI team added the new spice resource or check this old Daruwind's thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14162411
    But there is no downloadable pack, try to PM him, he'll surely be able to help you.

@marseu: sorry mate, Stance None is correct to be in-game with Testudo.
    Didn't remember icon was there anyway. It doesn't give any effect, check the green icon turtle and other Stance icons to see stances' values
    Many thanks mate!

Default Re: [SUBMOD] TURTLE (for DeI 1.2.2a)

Yeah, blitzing the Estruscans is what I did but could never afford to build sufficient resources to retake southern Italy. Developed all my economy buildings as far as I could too but with the rebellions breaking out I just couldn't hold down the province and retake the south at the same time.

Update about some 120 turns in:

Ended up switching from HUGE to LARGE pack. Huge was just too punishing given the situation. Massalia randomly declared war on me and is sending endless 20 stacks at me despite having only 2 cities. It doesn't matter how many decisive victories I win and armies of theirs I destroy, they replenish and rebuild armies faster than I so I can never gain the upper hand or take the initiative. Despite having 5 very economically developed cities I can only afford 1.5 stacks. Their Gallic allies have joined the fray too and are doing the same thing. Despite my best diplomatic efforts its just a never ending cluster Fu*k... I dunno... perhaps AI need to be nerfed a bit because the amount of armies they have to the number of cities they own is pretty ridiculous. Might even have to drop down to the MEDIUM pack until I get this sorted out.

This actually wouldn't be too bad if the AI would come to peace terms once a few of their armies were destroyed and I had an army in their territory. Would actually be much more authentic that way. Its a shame diplomacy AI is useless and so hard coded. Doesn't matter how badly you maul them, they'd rather be wiped out than come to negotiate.
    Last edited by ltsweeting; September 02, 2018 at 01:56 AM.

Patrician

Sorry to hear you're having no fun.
    The reason i begun modding DeI through turtle style was the search for a perfect (the way I like) campaign.
    I have to say that I've always been lucky (besides minor issues) and campaigns (up to 350 turns with older testudo versions) went mostly as planned.
    Could be that, having done personally every change, I know how to move and what to do.
    I'm quite sure that wrong important decisions (and some diplomacy that goes wrong) will make the campaign probably impossible.
    The only advice I have is to take your time and wait for the perfect occasion. And absolutely try to avoid wars with neigbours. Only 1 war at time in early campaign.
    Try normal difficulty, but can't say if it would be easier or not, probably yes, mostly for AI responses.
    Anyway it is true that 1.4.1 Huge is harder than 1.3 version, so maybe starting with Large could be better to understand the mechanics.
    The AI buffs I put aren't so high, they were put just to partially rebalance all the things I've globally hardcored.

I'm surprised and had no experience for AI rebuilding armies so fast as you're reporting, they can recruit 1 unit per turn in most of their regions/provinces.
    The reason they have so many armies is linked to imperium level, I raised army cap, values for player are really satisfying now.
    I'll see if I can script something that gives a -1 to army caps for AI (not sure if it can be done, but there should be an effect for this)

This is my yesterday campaign with 1.4.1 (rome 12tpy / turn 63 / Huge / Hard / -25 move / DAIA softcore) and is going pretty well.
    I could already have conquered Taras, 'cause Epirotes are at serious war into greek mainland, but I didn't yet. Building the economy still (as you can see I'm gaining 2500 per turn with low taxes, but few armies)
    Here is the save if you want to try: http://www.mediafire.com/file/g29m41..._004.save/file
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Fixes for 1.4.2 will be (dunno if they are fully understandable, wrote them as notes for me):
    - environment: banditry is negative for slight positive PO
    - reduced plaugue effects
    - more religion given by temples
    - finish to change technology values for population buffs
    - change get into position loyalty values
    - promotion more costly
    - adjust AI script for cultural tensio
    - adjust vanilla stance food consumption for not having issues with foreign armies
    - lower child number (3 for every couple are too many)
    - little more 2nd tier pop, little less 1st tier pop
    - less penalties from alliances - fides populi
    - some squalor values are wrong - fides populi
    - improve relations only +1, not +2 (or for less turns)
    - lower the gravitas given form active stance
    - adjust blackmail
    - lower food stealed by spies
    - improve relations: less than + 5 grav for 2 turns
    - a little more gravitas cost for political actions
    - raise diplomat mission cost

Anyone knows how to raise political diplomatic mission cost?
    Have still to look carefully, but didn't find it a week ago.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; September 02, 2018 at 09:10 AM.

Oh no dont get me wrong, I am having fun! I do love this mod but at the moment I'm in an unfortunate position in my current campaign haha. I'm sure I'll figure out a way to overcome these godly Massalians

Patrician

Could always be that i do exaggerate with some features, only tests will confirm that.

I've managed to do only a 1.5 alpha HUGE (stable and quite definitive, called alpha 'cause I have still to do some changes on some less influencing things).
    I'm modding other things about DeI now (always have little time or too tired to do it seriously) and I'll see to do all the other 1.5 packs.

I didn't add new features (just some minor things) but deeply rebalanced values:
    - Cultural Tensio should be better now (I'm trying to find the proper way, this one seems better than 1.3 - 1.4 wasn't good at all)
    - Temples will give a lot more culture
    - Notice that the presence of an army will always affect the province's culture.
    - reworked stances and applied ti AI 50% AP cost for any of their stances
    - rebalanced political system
    - rebalanced Fides Populi (for huge)
    - a lot of things more here and there, both scripted and databased

Please report if you have time and will (I'll be offshore till next tuesday anyway)
    Nothing else required, just remember to pick your faction with 1.4 faction packs (if not playing Rome)
    TESTUDO_1.5_HUGE_alpha_01
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/17bnna...a_01.pack/file
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; September 15, 2018 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Crappy's Avatar Civis

Hey Jake - just a suggestion, but historically the Judea region was the site of frequent rebellions - wouldn't it be cool if Judaic culture had higher levels of unrest (and possibly higher base local traditions) than other cultures when controlled by Hellenic or Roman factions? Love the mod!

Patrician

Yup should be possible, but ptolemaics are one of the most difficult start with testudo, you can't do pretty anything for the first 50/75 turns and hardcoring that more would be too much imo.
    It will lead to a continuos rebellion for too many turns in early campaign and you won't have the economy needed to crush rebellions and build a real economy. Too frustrating and tricky.

Could be good for a custom ptolemaic campaign but can't really focus on those things for now.
    Anyway, you just gave me an idea for a customized, various and fixed rebellions' DeI submod! Bu t I don't think I'll ever work on that, dunno.

Please, keep reporting experiences if possible, really don't have time to play.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; September 17, 2018 at 01:02 PM.

I've decided to try this mod today, and I noticed some weirdness when I started as Carthage - namely, all regions' supplies appear like this:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...68/unknown.png

No "consumption" is listed, and all armies in the area are starving. I also start with pretty significant negative food, every province rebels in a few turns due to huge banditry... I feel like I must be doing something wrong, given this is the "small" version!

I have Testudo Small and its fixpack active, with the Carthage pack as well (playing as Carthage), along with a number of the Turtle Parts (characters, cultural tension, politics, buildings, diplomacy, environment, population, reforms, and technology). I'm using DEI's latest version, KAM's battletest, and a bevy of graphics mods that probably wouldn't do this... Not sure what might be behind this.

Unless it's intentional! It seems odd to me for Carthage to be collapsing instantaneously from banditry, starvation, etc, but if that's intentional I can live with it. The lack of supply consumption does seem wrong though.

Also, is Benjin's AAA generals mod compatible?

Hi Jake,

I noticed that governors now have a negative effect on empire maintenance, while it is positive in DEI (if I recall correctly)
    This makes it impossible to combat the insane empire maintenance at all. I'm now at 93% with the Seleucid Empire, and I don't see any skills that might reduce it.
    There are a few technologies, yes, but that's definitely not sufficient.

Patrician

Sorry guys but im without internet in the office from tuesday and i simply hate to use smartphones

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Sorry guys but im without internet in the office from tuesday and i simply hate to use smartphones
    I was under the impression that all phones are dumb.

Patrician

Yup, fact is that i can't stand watching an intrrnet page as bigas my hand

Yup, fact is that i can't stand watching an intrrnet page as bigas my hand
    Big is subjective though.

Patrician

@GS: yeah, the problem is exactly the opposite

@hydrall: 1.4 is bugged in some parts, i changed too many things without a proper control. I,m Working to 1.5, and i,ll check what you,re reporting.
    1) your image concerns the supply system, more than food. They are connected, but not so heavily. I,ll verify Carthago,s start anyway.
    2) banditry is ok, not so hard as you,reporting, it is simply more frequent and possibile. In 1.5 i,m lowering penalties for banditry, squalor, plaugue ...

@driesmann
    Weird, thought i corrected those values in 1.4.1
    I,ll check them again

@everyone: i hate smartphones

What new things are you cooking up @Jake ?

Patrician

Honestly?
    1) going to bed with my new milf client
    2) sue Vodafone for earning billions without doing nothing
    3) wait for next spring

Honestly?
    1) going to bed with my new milf client
    2) sue Vodafone for earning billions without doing nothing
    3) wait for next spring
    Sounds like a heavy schedule. Will you find some time for modding ?

Patrician

well, at least i should have internet now, so:
    1) community thread to change/adapt/overhaul intrigue/civilwar/event system (done most of the work but still trying to interfere with scripts) - maybe also governments but not now i think
    2) do a last trial (through event system) to limit that thing that permits armies on sea to fly when returning on land through an owned port
    3) wait for next DeI version (for new trait system) and then release testudo 1.5
    4) community thread to do a polished version for fides populi (people's trust)
    5) return to testudo and add new features i have in mind since months
    6) merge romans and gondorians

Crappy's Avatar Civis

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a slower and harder DeI campaign] TESTUDO v.1.4.1 (DeI 1.2.3e) + TURTLE + TURTLE_Parts - NOT COMPATIBLE WITH 1.2.3f

Looking forward to 1.5!