Page 11 of 76 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20] - OUTDATED

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a slower and harder DeI campaign] TESTUDO v.1.3 (DeI 1.2.2L1) + various specific MODULES [may 06/18]- ONLY MOVEMENT IS COMPATIBLE WITH 1.2.3.beta

Quote Originally Posted by leonardusius View Post
    Probably you're right again. CA don't give a for gamers issues only if that corresponds with the eternal (more)greed for money/sales.
    I would do exactly the same thing if I were them.

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a slower and harder DeI campaign] TESTUDO v.1.3 (DeI 1.2.2L1) + various specific MODULES [may 06/18]- ONLY MOVEMENT IS COMPATIBLE WITH 1.2.3.beta

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    I would do exactly the same thing if I were them.
    Here is the crossing line between characters: I surely not.

Patrician

You never know, it depends on your background. No one is a saint and gifts everything he has, mostly when you are talking about things you've built in your life.
    Money is power.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

You never know, it depends on your background. No one is a saint and gifts everything he has, mostly when you are talking about things you've built in your life.
    Money is power.
    No one except CD PROJECT RED (The Witcher series).

Crappy's Avatar Civis

Hi Jake! Just curious what your plans were for updating this to the latest versions of DeI? Waiting for the DeI team to finish the patch updates? Thanks!

Patrician

Dunno yet, but you can play a little with this pack :
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/7urudt..._alpha_01.pack

- It contains EVERYTHING, don't put ANY other mod that is not graphical or similar.
    - HUGE only, hardest and slowest 12 tpy.
    - It contains Fides Populi up to beta_03
    - I've changed something about politics costs, effects, triggers, but didn't test it though. could be unblanced
    - ROME only (for stance activation), if you want to change faction simply ask or go to db > blabla_campaign_stance_effects_junctions in testudo pack and put your faction in culture - subculture - faction columns
    - Grand Campaign only

Cheers

My favorite part about this is the "blabla_campaign_stance_effects" table. After a whole weekend of modding, I want to name everything in the mod "blabla_"

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Good job, Jake.
    Last edited by leonardusius; August 16, 2018 at 02:09 AM.

Patrician

@dresden: I can contact gwyneth paltrow via her blog and put a link there to TWC forums so we'll be plenty of blabla things

please, use this patch with testudo 1.4alpha, it changes political and family values to better suit.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/q5vd7y...poli.pack/file

Jake,
    if context:character():military_force():unit_list():num_items() == 1
    means a 1 unit army, or a general bodyguard unit, isn't it ?
    I mean if context:character():military_force():unit_list():num_items() == 0 don't exist.
    That's first question, second:
    food can be a not round number in this game ? I saw you put something like this: rom_building_food_consumption >>>>>>>> 0.3 (related to stances) >>>>>>>>>> end_round_completed.
    But in the game info panel i never saw anything but rounded numbers, like -1, 0, 1, etc....did the game rounds the numbers automatic ? Like 0.3=0 or 0.7=1 ?
    And third, what's the difference between start_turn_completed and end_round_completed.
    Thank you again.

Patrician

1) exactly, but I don't think that putting 0 will be ok, in the case you were thinking that. When you want to affect a politian (generals not on stratmap), use the politian function.
    2) yes but 0,X are good anyway. If you have ten 0,1 bounses, you'll have 1 food more. Micromanagement reasons.
    3) well, should be the exact time when effects take place in-game.
    start_turn_completed should be at the moment you can play your turn, think should be ok also for triggering effects while you do things playing.
    end_round_completed should be after you click end turn

1) exactly, but I don't think that putting 0 will be ok, in the case you were thinking that. When you want to affect a politian (generals not on stratmap), use the politian function.
    2) yes but 0,X are good anyway. If you have ten 0,1 bounses, you'll have 1 food more. Micromanagement reasons.
    3) well, should be the exact time when effects take place in-game.
    start_turn_completed should be at the moment you can play your turn, think should be ok also for triggering effects while you do things playing.
    end_round_completed should be after you click end turn
    OK, for food issue, +1 for example means an addition, 0.3 means a multiplication, yes ?

Patrician

no, it means +0,3 to food.
    I don't know (never checked) when you'll have 1 food or 2 food (so if 1,1 = 2 or > 1,5 = 2 or 2=2)
    In testudo there are a lot of added effects, and 0,X values for food, growth, gravitas and other things are mostly fine as they are.
    Too few possibilities using integer only. Testudo needs 0,X values.

no, it means +0,3 to food.
    I don't know (never checked) when you'll have 1 food or 2 food (so if 1,1 = 2 or > 1,5 = 2 or 2=2)
    In testudo there are a lot of added effects, and 0,X values for food, growth, gravitas and other things are mostly fine as they are.
    Too few possibilities using integer only. Testudo needs 0,X values.
    So, what's the point to enter +1 ( a plus before 1) and not just a simple 1 ? Because I saw on other db's, like in relation with morale that there are additions (ADD) and multiplications (MULT). I say this because i have something in my mind about stances but only if I can enter additions and multiplications.....

Patrician

There is no "+" (or x/: in any db table in any mod, DeI's or not). Only "-". I can't understand what you're talking about.
    Thre are some effects that are +/- and others that are % based, mostl the ones that have "mod" inside name.
    I don't think there is any effect based on % regarding food.

I don't think there is any effect based on % regarding food.
    Too bad. Because how we suppose to make correct difference between food consumptions of different unit armies when entering a stance, for example.
    Example: you made a lua to distinct between 5 categories of units army (0-4, 5-8, etc...if y remind correctly). I had an idea to make same thing but with one increment. Like this:
    TESTUDO_stan_1, TESTUDO_stan_2, TESTUDO_stan_3 till the maximum number of units supported in R2. Now supposing we want when entering in a specific stance (say fortify) to doubles the amount of food consumed by each army. How to do this if food is not a % effect based ?

Patrician

I'm sorry, I'm quite sure a % food doesn't exists, try checking data_rome2 effect_bundles_to_effect_junctions, maybe you'll find something.
    Could be that you might be able to do a custom effect, but I never did such things, check magnar tutorials.

Anyway you can assign a 0,X or X bonus/malus for every specific stance or with some scripts, so I don't think that your idea will fall apart without food% effects.
    Food% would be simplier and more correct, but you'll have just to find a good balance with 0,X or X.

This is the way I dived units:
    1-2
    3-4
    5-6
    7-9
    10-13
    14-17
    18-19
    20+
    Do you want to divide only with 3 typologies?

I'm sorry, I'm quite sure a % food doesn't exists, try checking data_rome2 effect_bundles_to_effect_junctions, maybe you'll find something.
    Could be that you might be able to do a custom effect, but I never did such things, check magnar tutorials.

Anyway you can assign a 0,X or X bonus/malus for every specific stance or with some scripts, so I don't think that your idea will fall apart without food% effects.
    Food% would be simplier and more correct, but you'll have just to find a good balance with 0,X or X.

This is the way I dived units:
    1-2
    3-4
    5-6
    7-9
    10-13
    14-17
    18-19
    20+
    Do you want to divide only with 3 typologies?
    No.Your way is not logic nor accurate. What's the difference between 14 units and 17 units ???
    I suggest this:
    till the last supported number of units in an army (I think in R2 is 20.)

Patrician

Oh, well, for me those are gameplay differences, didn't want too have too few nor too many, those 8 are fine for me.
    You want to make 20 effects, one for each +1 unit?

Oh, well, for me those are gameplay differences, didn't want too have too few nor too many, those 8 are fine for me.
    You want to make 20 effects, one for each +1 unit?
    Yes.