Page 16 of 76 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425264166 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20] - OUTDATED

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a slower and harder DeI campaign] TESTUDO v.1.4.1 (DeI 1.2.3e) + TURTLE + TURTLE_Parts [UPL: aug.25/18] [FIX: aug.31/18]

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    well, at least i should have internet now, so:
    1) community thread to change/adapt/overhaul intrigue/civilwar/event system (done most of the work but still trying to interfere with scripts) - maybe also governments but not now i think
    2) do a last trial (through event system) to limit that thing that permits armies on sea to fly when returning on land through an owned port
    3) wait for next DeI version (for new trait system) and then release testudo 1.5
    4) community thread to do a polished version for fides populi (people's trust)
    5) return to testudo and add new features i have in mind since months
    6) merge romans and gondorians
    What about part 7) ?

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a slower and harder DeI campaign] TESTUDO v.1.4.1 (DeI 1.2.3e) + TURTLE + TURTLE_Parts [UPL: aug.25/18] [FIX: aug.31/18]

Yep, waiting for Small, Medium, ones for 1.5.........Huge is too hard.
    Last edited by leonardusius; October 02, 2018 at 08:31 AM.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a slower and harder DeI campaign] TESTUDO v.1.4.1 (DeI 1.2.3e) + TURTLE + TURTLE_Parts - NOT COMPATIBLE WITH 1.2.3f

@ G.S.: 7) finally play a campaign 'cause my record of owned region is something like 12 and with rome i never went past massalia nor i ever fought a battle against carthage

@ crappy: thx mate

@ leo: yes, huge and large should resemble a "realistic" 12 tpy years experience, i don't personally consider that they are too hard, but they will require a lot of time and attention. I'll se what i can do for small/tiny 'cause surprisingly they are more difficult to balance than huge/large.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; October 02, 2018 at 04:14 AM.

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a slower and harder DeI campaign] TESTUDO v.1.4.1 (DeI 1.2.3e) + TURTLE + TURTLE_Parts - NOT COMPATIBLE WITH 1.2.3f

@ G.S.: 7) finally play a campaign 'cause my record of owned region is something like 12 and with rome i never went past massalia nor i ever fought a battle against carthage
    Playing an campaign ?
    Heresy. No modder plays actual campaigns.

Hi Jake. Can you list what's good and what's bad in 1.4 and the 1.4.1 (and thus will be modified in 1.5) fix because I want to update my personal mod and don't want to work twice (waiting next 1.5).

Patrician

@ G.S.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

@ leo
    well, sincerly i've not prepared a complete schedule yet and i mod mostly based on my instinct.
    i'm modding other things now, when 123f will be stable and i'lll finish those things, i'll prepare a list.
    but don't rely too much on that list 'cause i always do the official one the same day i release the packs.

bad in 1.4? mostly cultural tensio, food too much low, money a little too low and a lot of smaller fixed things for having a better balance.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; October 03, 2018 at 09:13 AM.

@ G.S.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

@ leo
    well, sincerly i've not prepared a complete schedule yet and i mod mostly based on my instinct.
    i'm modding other things now, when 123f will be stable and i'lll finish those things, i'll prepare a list.
    but don't rely too much on that list 'cause i always do the official one the same day i release the packs.

bad in 1.4? mostly cultural tensio, food too much low, money a little too low and a lot of smaller fixed things for having a better balance.
    But it supposed 1.4.1 fix resolved all of that, isnt't it ? Or not......

Patrician

testudo will never be fixed 100% properly i think, there are too many things involved, it will require time and since every new pack has something "new", then every pack will always contain "fixes" for previous versions.
    it is similar, even if smaller, to what is happening right now with 123f. modders can't have a full control of what they are doing simply doing that. Only playing different campiagns and situations can tell something that's near the truth.
    Sure thing is that cultural tensio, mostly from tiny to meduim, isn't good.

Sure thing is that cultural tensio, mostly from tiny to meduim, isn't good.
    I don't play with different packs. So, what's wrong with the numbers in cultural tensio (tiny/medium) ? Too harsh penalties or too easy ?

Patrician

too harsh

too harsh
    So, a little smoothing them is easy.

Patrician

could be but 1.5 will have a different approach, not completely but sufficient to say that it would be different in terms of values and things acting, and then i have to see if it is possible to divide cultural effects based on culture values instead of %. sanme for PO, so there won't be the standard division of -75/-50/-25/25/50/75. think that for PO should be easier to do. anyway until i don't actually mod it i can't say what kind of direction it is possible to take.

could be but 1.5 will have a different approach, not completely but sufficient to say that it would be different in terms of values and things acting, and then i have to see if it is possible to divide cultural effects based on culture values instead of %.
    That would be quite interesting to implement, indeed.

, and then i have to see if it is possible to divide cultural effects based on culture values instead of %.
    What are those culture values ?

Patrician

@GS: yup would be, always for micromanagement player, but still have to see if it works (should be) and how (dunno yet the exact mechanic and might cause too much event spam)

@leo: the differnece lies between a yes/no cultural majority and a gradual (dunno, something like every 20%) change depending on the set range. could be that something is possible to do but still have to see how it will affect the game (probably too much event spam)

we'll see, but technically something should be possible

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a slower and harder DeI campaign] TESTUDO v.1.3 (DeI 1.2.2L1) + various specific MODULES [may 06/18]- ONLY MOVEMENT IS COMPATIBLE WITH 1.2.3.beta

No you can't (or I am not able to do).
    As a said a lot of times (3 at least) during lately discussion, you can't trigger a scripted effect for a specific stance, there is no lua function for such thing. You can script (obvoiusly) for the entire army and then realign overall stance values.
    Maybe a script could be done through reading if stance UI is on/off. I'm not capable nor I'm planning to become capable to investigate this further.

Me too "I don't like", but or it works, or it doesn't.
    I think I managed to get a breakthrough here and open a new ''world'' for your idea. This is the script which we are talking about (that who is reading the stance UI on/off).
    Look here an example:
    ''local function forcedMarchScript(context)
    local army_stance_group = scripting.m_root:Find("land_stance_button_stack")
    if world.isPlayerTurn() and army_stance_group then
    local button_forcedMarch = UIComponent(army_stance_group):Find("button_forced_march");
    if UIComponent(button_forcedMarch): SetVisible(true); ----probably this line isn't required, but can't be sure till testing
    and
    .---------here start your script
    if context:character():military_force():unit_list():num_items() >= 1 and context:character():military_force():unit_list():num_items() <= 2
    then
    scripting.game_interface:apply_effect_bundle_to_characters_force("TESTUDO_stan_1", army,1);
    scripting.game_interface:remove_effect_bundle_to_characters_force("TESTUDO_stan_3", army);
    scripting.game_interface:remove_effect_bundle_to_characters_force("TESTUDO_stan_5", army);
    scripting.game_interface:remove_effect_bundle_to_characters_force("TESTUDO_stan_7", army);
    scripting.game_interface:remove_effect_bundle_to_characters_force("TESTUDO_stan_10", army);
    scripting.game_interface:remove_effect_bundle_to_characters_force("TESTUDO_stan_14", army);
    scripting.game_interface:remove_effect_bundle_to_characters_force("TESTUDO_stan_18", army);
    scripting.game_interface:remove_effect_bundle_to_characters_force("TESTUDO_stan_20", army);

end
    end

-- Callbacks
    scripting.AddEventCallBack("CharacterSelected", forcedMarchScript) -- You can change that name with a better one
    dev.log("ui.lua loaded")
    Voila !
    Last edited by leonardusius; October 07, 2018 at 09:08 AM.

Patrician

oh, great!
    and does it work?
    Seems correct to me, never thought this could be just so simple and effectively should have been quite logical to consider.

It's a couple of days that I'm trying to make scripts depending on UI (for other things) and the problem is that I can't find a list for those "buttons", apart from those that are inside existing scripts.
    Anyone knows if there is one? And, mostly, where the hell is that ui.lua from dev.log("ui.lua loaded")?

Really good, leo!
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; October 07, 2018 at 09:37 AM.

You can go further using that and testing. For the moment I'm busy with my job apply.
    Cheers.

Patrician

ok
    "I'm busy with my job apply": don't tell me

This sub-mod is pretty much what I was looking for! I'm playing with testudo huge and 12 tpy and its actually enough of a challenge to make campaigns fun for me again lol. Thanks.
    Former Unteroffizier of the 1st East Prussian Infantry (M&B Napoleonic Wars). Currently the 1stEPI is active and recruiting on ARMA 3, as an Iron Front based WW2 German focused unit. Visit our website for more information on our great history, the modpack in use, and our current operations in progress at http://www.1stepi.com/.

If you'd like to know more about me then don't be shy it's the internet.