Page 14 of 76 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223243964 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20] - OUTDATED

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a slower and harder DeI campaign] TESTUDO v.1.4 (DeI 1.2.3e) + TURTLE + TURTLE_Parts [upd: aug.25/18]

Can't find them in DeI nor into vanilla tabs, where do they come from?
    The only things that come in my mind is that they are for two different campaigns. Having the same culture is quite strange.

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a slower and harder DeI campaign] TESTUDO v.1.4 (DeI 1.2.3e) + TURTLE + TURTLE_Parts [upd: aug.25/18]

Feedback 96 turns in with the Huge pack:

Playing as Rome and its quite difficult and very slogging, slow pace. I'm in control of the whole Latium province and Italia except for Cosentia (liberated by Epirus and I don't have the means to take it back yet). I'm not sure if its because the Huge pack is incredibly punishing or if there is something I'm doing wrong (though I'm doing all I can with what I have) but it seems a never ending cycle of public order trouble. I think this is due in part to the People's Trust aspect which isn't balanced in my opinion and the cultural differences penalties. Public order is almost always decreasing because of the aforementioned problems and I don't have the buildings or technology to help counter this yet because of the lengthened research and build times. A rebellion breaks out and I must crush it with a small army because I can't afford a larger one because I can't afford to raise taxes because that will contribute to PO decreasing again. I crush a rebellion only for another one to break out in a few turns because the provincial instability penalty basically resets each time a rebellion breaks out. Then because of all this in total People's Trust % is causing FURTHER PO penalties and so the whole process just repeats itself without end. Its literally an endless cycle I cannot break out of. It doesn't help that for a while I was running out of food because Liguria had 2 fully stacked armies just stuck in my territory and so were deducting -4 food due to foraging. I had to cancel my military access treaty with them to cause them to move their armies out of my province. Plague and disease outbreaks are really bad too. Usually I would think this is normal BUT the outbreak risks for my regions are 2%. For plagues to be breaking out so frequently (not exaggerating here: It's happening in a different region every 10 turns) with such a low risk % doesn't seem right to me. The outbreak of disease and plague in turn causes further PO drop and lack of replenishment of my units to fight rebellions which of course keep breaking out. Hopefully this will be solved soon as I'm building an aqueduct in each province and am researching the Tech to improve sanitation.

Anyway its definitely fun in some ways because overcoming the challenges is very rewarding because they are so difficult in the first place. My troubles are to be expected because I'm playing on Huge and I'm not complaining about the difficulty, just informing you of my own experiences. Not sure if you want the Public Order managing to be this difficult or not. It does seem like a never ending repeating cycle as I mentioned before but maybe I'll break out of it soon.. I don't know. If you've any tips for me to deal with this its definitely welcome.

Thanks again for a great mod!
    Last edited by ltsweeting; August 30, 2018 at 02:13 AM.

Patrician

Thx to you for reporting, think that every thing you're saying is true.
    I mostly (still some things to do) have a 1.4.1 patch, as soon as I have finished it I'll upload.

- fides populi: reworked values to be less impacting (since it's not working "well" as it is now). It will need time for having a "good" version
    - cultural tensio: I'll probably revert to old values (more similar to CT vanilla method, think I'm not able to adjust mine) and it will be less punitive (and better balanced for T/S/M packs, 'cause it is not as it is)
    - PO: besides cultural and fides populi (that are "bugged" and may cause real issues) it will remain so. Do you use the organize game intrigue? You'll receive a +10 for a season (3 turns) for 1000/1500 gold
    - FOOD: if you're really low on food (on occasions like invading/stationing AI armies) use the other intrigue that gives food, don't rememeber the name now, always found into the first intrigue line
    - sanitation: yeah, values are tendentially negative (-1/-3 %) mostly on first 50-100 turns. If a plauge triggers it is just bad luck, I fear. I had some of them but not so frequently as you're reporting. Dunno, if a lot of people begin complaining about plauges, well, maybe is better to revert this too
    - gdp: yes it's slightly lower than before, but still balanced imo. Have still to see that through campaign tests. Would like to have a "realistc" 12 tpy feeling
    - banditry: how is it going with banditry? Is it ok, for now?
    - growth: how is it going with growth? Is it ok, for now?

The repeating cycle is cool, but it can't last so long as you and Driesmann are reporting.
    The best thing is to have many short/medium cycles during different campaign situations (that's also what basically fides populi is for and is going to be in planned future versions)
    I should have tested 1.4 in a deeper way before releasing but, you know, having reports like yours is better than thinking alone.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 30, 2018 at 05:01 AM.

Civis

bug report

in medium 12tpy rome campaing I see season winter in the trun panel while season effects are spring in the province panel
    also in normal stance the hovering panel dosen't show your effects, but only the vanilla writing: no effects etc...

Patrician

^ Hmm, you must have some non compatible mod (probably scripted), or some missing part of DeI.
    Just checked in-game and it's all fine.
    Can you make a list of what mods are you using, please?
    If you don't have any other mod, it means that there is something weird somewhere into your files, can't say where.

Civis

I use de ai arbitris and official dei 12tpy only as submod

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Thx to you for reporting, think that every thing you're saying is true.
    I mostly (still some things to do) have a 1.4.1 patch, as soon as I have finished it I'll upload.

- fides populi: reworked values to be less impacting (since it's not working "well" as it is now). It will need time for having a "good" version
    - cultural tensio: I'll probably revert to old values (more similar to CT vanilla method, think I'm not able to adjust mine) and it will be less punitive (and better balanced for T/S/M packs, 'cause it is not as it is)
    - PO: besides cultural and fides populi (that are "bugged" and may cause real issues) it will remain so. Do you use the organize game intrigue? You'll receive a +10 for a season (3 turns) for 1000/1500 gold
    - FOOD: if you're really low on food (on occasions like invading/stationing AI armies) use the other intrigue that gives food, don't rememeber the name now, always found into the first intrigue line
    - sanitation: yeah, values are tendentially negative (-1/-3 %) mostly on first 50-100 turns. If a plauge triggers it is just bad luck, I fear. I had some of them but not so frequently as you're reporting. Dunno, if a lot of people begin complaining about plauges, well, maybe is better to revert this too
    - gdp: yes it's slightly lower than before, but still balanced imo. Have still to see that through campaign tests. Would like to have a "realistc" 12 tpy feeling
    - banditry: how is it going with banditry? Is it ok, for now?
    - growth: how is it going with growth? Is it ok, for now?

The repeating cycle is cool, but it can't last so long as you and Driesmann are reporting.
    The best thing is to have many short/medium cycles during different campaign situations (that's also what basically fides populi is for and is going to be in planned future versions)
    I should have tested 1.4 in a deeper way before releasing but, you know, having reports like yours is better than thinking alone.
    PO besides the CT and FP is good. I may be able to use intrigues every now and then when I can afford it but the positive PO it gives isnt enough to counteract the negative anyway and rebelliowill still break out.

The food situation is fine now. I have a spy stealing food from a neutral province and my food troubles were due to the stupid AI having two full stacks stuck in my territory foraging. They're gone now so my food values have returned to normal.

Sanitation is ok now I've got the tech and aqueducts. It may have been complete bad luck but they were breaking out at a crazy rate given the supposed small outbreak risk chance.

Banditry is good. I have instances of trouble with them which is due to People's Trust. Once that is worked out itll be perfect. I think the rate at which its happening is realistic

The growth rate is perfect I think. I actually ran out of plebs and patrici to recruit from at a few stages because of the constant strife.

All in all I think apart from peoples trust and the cultural tension the mod is balanced and works really well. Tweaking them a tiny bit should do it. I think playing as Rome is hard because you're fighting Epirus and Etruscans right away. It's really hard to lock down the province and to get it to become stable. 96 turns in and it's still unstable since turn 1. I think once I hopefully manage to get everything sorted out in my home provinces itll be ok and much easier in the future once I have a stable base to work from. The long tech and build times mean you've just got to bite the bullet and hold out until they're completed for the positive effects to bring things under control. The repeating cycle is cool in a way if not frustrating but it actually makes total sense and I would like that to stay in the mod. It feels like I'm in a Crisis of the 3rd century situation at the moment.

Civis

^ Hmm, you must have some non compatible mod (probably scripted), or some missing part of DeI.
    Just checked in-game and it's all fine.
    Can you make a list of what mods are you using, please?
    If you don't have any other mod, it means that there is something weird somewhere into your files, can't say where.
    Ok sorry I was using an outdated version of 12tpy submod, now its ok.

Anyway I still can't see effects of Active stance, when hovering over the icon it says "stance none", can you help?

I'm using only your mod and de ai arbitris and 12tpy mod.

Patrician

@itsweeting: ok, thx. For Rome, just rush for etruscans asap, leave bruttium to epirotes (hoping they will go there) and then protect Beneventum till you build the economy (about 50-80 turns in my experience) and then wait for the right time to attack

@marseu: Stance effect (like some others) will apply to game with one turn delay, just click end turn and next turn it will be shown. This is due to game mechanics, but delay it's not bad at all, just consider that you'll need a month for effects to take place.
    Same will happen if you go on garrison, stance effect will disappear the next turn.

Anyway might be you still have something bugged somewhere, Stance:None (as I rememebr now) shouldn't exist in Testudo. Can't say why is showing (maybe it does in the first turn), if you're playing Rome you just need a Testudo pack and all should be fine.
    Have you tried waiting one turn?
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 31, 2018 at 03:37 AM.

Civis

Yes I tried, also I had checked game cache

Patrician

Can't say, man, my 2nd turn with Medium 12 tpy gives me correct effects everywhere. I took a picture but for some reason imgur doesn't upload now.
    Your issue is really strange, 'cause it seems you have some scripts that are ok, and stance that is not. Go to your faction panel and check if, in the first turn, you have all 3 coloured turtle icons (civic, economy, treasury)

Are you using all 10 packs from steam (or 2 from TWC)?
    Otherwise you should reinstall the game, 'cause I've never seen anything like that, or try googling if there is the possibility that some mods are invisible

Black_Rider's Avatar Ordinarius

Hey, will you updating your mod today or tommorow ? I want to start a new campaing with it and I just read that you will update it to 1.4.1 soon ?

Patrician

Well, i'm waiting a job client now, this evening think I'll do the fix and upload.
    Something like 5/6 hours from now.

Black_Rider's Avatar Ordinarius

Well, i'm waiting a job client now, this evening think I'll do the fix and upload.
    Something like 5/6 hours from now.
    Thanks.

Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a slower and harder DeI campaign] TESTUDO v.1.4.1 (DeI 1.2.3e) + TURTLE + TURTLE_Parts [UPL: aug.25/18] [FIX: aug.31/18]

TESTUDO,
    TURTLE, TURTLE PARTS FIX PACKS 1.4.1 UPLOADED INTO OP

- reworked Cultural Tensio
    -
    reworked Politcs
    - reworked Characters
    - adjusted values for Fides Populi
    - adjusted values for Majority Culture

Download links into
    @@@ DOWNLOAD spoilers
    Load both 1.4 and 1.4.1 Fix Pack

Quite sure that with fixpack it is better than before, but it will need some work again after some tests

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 31, 2018 at 06:16 PM.

Civis

Can't say, man, my 2nd turn with Medium 12 tpy gives me correct effects everywhere. I took a picture but for some reason imgur doesn't upload now.
    Your issue is really strange, 'cause it seems you have some scripts that are ok, and stance that is not. Go to your faction panel and check if, in the first turn, you have all 3 coloured turtle icons (civic, economy, treasury)

Are you using all 10 packs from steam (or 2 from TWC)?
    Otherwise you should reinstall the game, 'cause I've never seen anything like that, or try googling if there is the possibility that some mods are invisible
    I reinstalled all the game and also mods, tried also removing DEAIA but the problem is still there...

Anyway all the other scripts seems ok and in the screen below it looks like that active stance effects are in place(colud you confirm?) but the active stance panel continues to show No stance vanilla message... AAAARGHHH...

Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a slower and harder DeI campaign] TESTUDO v.1.4.1 (DeI 1.2.3e) + TURTLE + TURTLE_Parts [UPL: aug.25/18] [FIX: aug.31/18]

Don't think so, seems good to me now, check the green turtle icon, should be ACTIVE Stance.
    Where do you have No stance?
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 31, 2018 at 06:15 PM.

Civis

Don't think so, seems good to me now, check the green turtle icon, should be ACTICE Stance.
    Where do you have No stance?
    Yeah the green circle shows active stance effects, but this in the screen says no stance, also the button for stance selection says the same thing

Patrician

And all the other scripts (both into faction summary and army window) are ok? Everyone? Red, yellow, blue, brown turtle icons?
    That's really strange, man, and quite illogical too for the game.
    Why the game should load all those scripted effects and not stances only? And why only you?
    Really can't help, besides telling you that something into your files isn't good. Or that you have some other weird submod somewhere.

Hi Jake,

Do you know a good link on how to add/edit new resources on the campaign map ?