Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: English partial machine translation for WFAS 1.1

Default Re: English partial machine translation for WFAS 1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Listen, I've done this and it works for me:

1 - Download the 7zip file by saboteur.

2 - Open it: you'll find a folder named 'Data'

hey sir ty for your help but 5 days have gone and my game still crashed with the fix without the fix it doenst crash but then again if i installed translate normal without fix i dont need your way

so my quistion when is soemoena making translate that works with fix
    3 - Open this Data folder: you'll find a folder named 'text' and a ing file named 'export buildings text' you should not touch it.

4 - Open this folder named 'text' and copy paste its whole content into the folder named 'text' in the Data folder of OIM. Overwrite everything.

5 - DO NOT COPY THE FILE NAMED 'expert building text', leave it aside, when I copied also it the Mod crashed, I don't know why.

Job done! The Mod should now run smoothly, at least for me it's working and I'm having multiple orgasms every time I launch the mod!!!

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Now I've done this and the Mod works fine: I've just selected and copied few text files from the transaltion onto on the patched OIM, and it works well! Of coure I've a lot of texts in Russian but at least the game stopped crashing!

Few screens to show how wonderful is this Mod:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

In my opinion OIM is one of the best, if not the best, Mod for Pike and Shot era, in particular it's the only Mod having units belonging to the last part of XVII century, that is, the reformed units of Louis XIV age! No words, just WONDERFUL!

can you prove to me it works and your surely using the mod without fix because the fix ruins translate

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

For anyone interested, I'm translating the names file for the latest translation. Will post as a seperate topic when its done! I'm about three quaters of the way through with around 66 pages of 200 left to go!
    Last edited by isa0005; September 03, 2017 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Now I've done this and the Mod works fine: I've just selected and copied few text files from the transaltion onto on the patched OIM, and it works well! Of coure I've a lot of texts in Russian but at least the game stopped crashing!

In my opinion OIM is one of the best, if not the best, Mod for Pike and Shot era, in particular it's the only Mod having units belonging to the last part of XVII century, that is, the reformed units of Louis XIV age! No words, just WONDERFUL!
    Thats what I offered.If you send me just untranslated lines I can do the translation. Maybe not 100%, but the crucial parts will be translated.

Then translate the character names.

yiannis1965's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    For anyone interested, I'm translating the names file for the latest translation. Will post as a seperate topic when its done! I'm about three quaters of the way through with around 66 pages of 200 left to go!
    Hi my friend. If you are finished with translation where can I find it else I am waiting for it!!! Congrats for yopur work!

Quote Originally Posted by saboteur View Post
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/emrccpc8jzapb/text I think that link allows anyone can access to the text folder

And another option is to download it as a single file in compressed zip or 7z format

http://www.mediafire.com/?3a4w0mqoo60zw
    I get a CTD just by trying to start the France campaign...

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    I get a CTD just by trying to start the France campaign...
    Could you post a log?

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

isa0005, I am interested. It's easy to do, but it's tedious. Probably the most time consuming part of translation.
    Anyway I did my own translation (still without names) and if someone is interested it's available in downloads section.

No more wooden locks! (NMWL!)

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=4334

It's a work in progress (WIP), so it means there is still lot of work to make it fully translated. But you can have working, functional game with this one.

What is still in Cyrillic:
    - names of people (most)
    - some province names (little)
    - some units descriptions (substantial)
    - quotes (all)

What is translated:
    - all menus and system messages
    - units names (nearly all)
    - character trait tooltips
    - map (cities and provinces) for all 3 campaigns (Polish cities are in Polish language, so no more Warsaw, deal with it!)
    - many descriptions
    - historic events (not my work, so it's far from perfect, but understandable)
    - you can check the files yourself!

It WORKS with OiM2 1.11 fix WITHOUT crashes.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

I unfortuantly lost my name translation, I'm contemplating starting again, but I'm not sure I can be bothered.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12