Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NTW3 v7.2 mod notes & issues

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Default NTW3 v7.2 mod notes & issues

Visit our Lordz forum for NTW3 7.5 Release Notes & Download Links... https://www.thelordz.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=138&t=16524

or download directly from ModDB... http://www.moddb.com/mods/napoleonic-total-war-3

To run the SP Campaign game Download both Setup & Optional>>> files

For best performance for the NTW3 mod (or any other), we suggest that you do a clean install of the original Napoleon Total War vanilla game files.
    #1 install issue is still having remnants of other mod files OR the NTW3 file folder is not installed correctly in the data folder (see below)

Napoleon Total War game files can be installed in any directory.
    95% of the installation issues for the NTW3v75 mod are due to a wrong directory given during the installation.
    .....1) Locate your Napoleon.exe file
    .....2) From here you must have /data/NTW3/Launcher 7.5 (directory)

Make sure the ntw3 folder is present in the campaigns folder as shown below.
    (this folder may be present from previous versions (v72), but the v75 installer does NOT add this folder)
    [IMG][/IMG]

The MP battle mod is designed to be played on NORMAL battle difficulty with MEDIUM size units to maximize the NTW3 mod.
    Check our Lordz forum for helpful hints to Multi-Player battles online: https://www.thelordz.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=138&t=16526&p=173464#p173464

The SP Campaign game notes for players: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...mpaign-Updates
    --> NORMAL battle difficulty ~higher settings give the AI a morale boost which will undo the NTW3 custom unit stats
    ---> NORMAL campaign difficulty ~again higher settings will cause the AI (enemies & allies) to turn on the human player (hard coded by CA)
    ----> MEDIUM size units ~larger unit sizes work but the battles take longer and can max out even high end cpu's having to run the campaign game (map) in background.

If you are experiencing crashes during large battles (MP or SP) try adjusting your graphic settings:
    http://www.thelordz.org/forum/viewto...169631#p169631

Note: The original NTW vanilla game was released by CA in February 2010 and was designed to run on a 32 bit Operating Systems.
    The 64 bit OS in use today can cause issues with long campaigns as the data is processed differently:
    http://www.digitaltrends.com/computi...ating-systems/

CA discussed this issue at their modding summit back in 2014 when they were trying to fix the bugs in Rome 2
    Last edited by Lord Davn; November 20, 2017 at 01:09 PM.

Default Re: Players having issues with the NTW3 mod

Hi, I don't know if this has been covered already, but I haven't found any solution neither here nor on any other discussion about NTW3 7.2 yet.
    So, my problem is, that I don't see any map names, units names and can't even chose faction, what I would like to play as.
    I've tried reinstalling NTW3, verifying game cache, changing graphics settings, but nothing seems to work.
    Maybe its worth noticing that I only play MP. Thanks for any further help! (:

Quote Originally Posted by Brebera View Post
    Hi, I don't know if this has been covered already, but I haven't found any solution neither here nor on any other discussion about NTW3 7.2 yet.
    Go to the Lordz web forum to download the new v72 mod files. It's a new install so you should delete all of the older NTW3 v71 files before installing the v72 mod. http://www.thelordz.org/forum/viewto...?f=138&t=16084

I love this mod, you made a wonderful job guys, but I have an issue: When I'm trying playing the 1805 campaign, after I click on the launcher option, it loads for 1-2 minutes, and then crashes, I didn't even get the main menu. ( I play with 7.1 version). Please help!!
    Last edited by Lord Davn; September 21, 2017 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon Ier and Darth Vader#1 View Post
    When I'm trying playing the 1805 campaign, after I click on the launcher option, it loads for 1-2 minutes, and then crashes ( I play with 7.1 version)
    Please read post #3 and follow the v72 install instructions on our Lordz forum: http://www.thelordz.org/forum/viewto...?f=138&t=16084
    Last edited by Lord Davn; February 01, 2017 at 11:04 PM.

Thanks mate, know it works. Keep the good work!!!!

Default For To Lord Dawn and Lancier, please any answer

Hi for us gentelmens...Later to delete older versions of the mod, and make a new check of the game cache is steam, i execute first the installer NTW3-7.1-setup.exe and then NTW3-7.1b-setup.exe, both in the same NTW root directory "C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Napoleon Total War".
    But, when i try to start the game from the launcher and clik on "1805 Coalition SP Campaing" over the screen is open a Form4 window saying something like: "Not is possible to find one part of teh access paht
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Napoleon Total War\data\campaigns\mp_eur_napoleon\scripting.lua"
    Last edited by Lord Davn; December 23, 2017 at 08:42 AM.

Kdssow's Avatar Civis

Default Re: For To Lord Dawn and Lancier, please any answer

I had the same problem when I downloaded and installed it yesterday, I looked for fixes, but it seems that it can be temperory fixed if you check NTW integrety on Steam.
    For some strange reason, it popped back on today, checking integrety now.

Default Same battle keeps crashing

Just a few turns into the Grand campaign as France I have a battle against the Austrians, I've now tried this battle 4 times, it crashes each time. Sometimes after just a few minutes others almost at the end of the battle. So basically this battle stops me from getting any further.

Please read our notes at the top of THIS THREAD. Also recommendations to play the NTW3 1805 Campaign game can be found on our TWC forum: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...mpaign-Updates
    Last edited by Lord Davn; September 21, 2017 at 01:26 PM.

Default Re: NTW3 v7 SP & MP Campaign Updates

Am I the only one to cannot recruit on the campaign map ? After many tests, I can say the problem comes from the spcn.pack. If I remove it from the user.script, I can recruit on campaign map but only the vanilla units (and on custom battle too)
    Do you have any idea of solution to this problem ?
    Thanks a lot for your great mod !

Quote Originally Posted by Aerys IV le Grand View Post
    Am I the only one to cannot recruit on the campaign map ? Do you have any idea of solution to this problem? Thanks a lot for your great mod !
    It's obvious that you have a conflict with a previously played mod that is overwriting the NTW3 files. If you've played Darthmod it overwrites the main vanilla data folder causing significant issues. Best to remove the entire NTW vanilla game (and mods) then reinstall a clean copy. Play a few NTW vanilla MP & SP games to initialize the files and then load the mod of your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    It's obvious that you have a conflict with a previously played mod that is overwriting the NTW3 files. If you've played Darthmod it overwrites the main vanilla data folder causing significant issues. Best to remove the entire NTW vanilla game (and mods) then reinstall a clean copy. Play a few NTW vanilla MP & SP games to initialize the files and then load the mod of your choice.
    I'm not sure about that because I've never installed DarthMod on Napoleon, and all others mods I'v tried were disabled during my tests. Furthermore I usually install the mods in folders on my desktop and not in the Napoleon Total War one, then I move the .packs files manually. But for NTW3 I followed the instructions and installed it in the recommended folder. I tried uninstall and reinstall NTW3 mod, even replacing temporarily the spcn.pack (the file that causes my bug) with NTW3_v71_spcn.pack but result was exactly the same.
    That's the only thing that's not working.

That's quite complicated because the mod's launcher doesn't work too on my computer, but I don't really care because as a Mac user I dont need launchers, the Feral Interactive Napoleon laucher allows you to active .packs files.
    Maybe the problem comes from the fact I'm a Mac user...

I'm sorry to bother you, I'm certainly doing something badly but I would really enjoy your great mod :/
    Last edited by Lord Davn; September 24, 2017 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerys IV le Grand View Post
    That's quite complicated because the mod's launcher doesn't work too on my computer, but I don't really care because as a Mac user I don't need launchers, the Feral Interactive Napoleon launcher allows you to active .packs files.Maybe the problem comes from the fact I'm a Mac user...
    I'm sorry to bother you, I'm certainly doing something badly but I would really enjoy your great mod :/
    I'll ask one of our Mac users to reply to your message here on our TWC forum. There are a few tricks to make it work properly

Thanks !

Hello !
    I'm having a weird bug on Solo Campaign. Whatever the Campaign or the faction I choose, I can't recruit on the campaign map. The "recruitment" button in cities doesn't appear and generals can't recruit too. Obviously that makes the campaign unplayable :/ Is there a way to fix this so I can enjoy your mod not only in custom battle ? Thx in advance and for your great mod

Default Re: NTW3 v7.5 release

I download the file but am unable to open it? Any suggestions?
    Thank you.

Default Re: NTW3 v7.5 release

Quote Originally Posted by Westmark View Post
    I download the file but am unable to open it? Any suggestions?
    Probably your anti-virus at work. The install program writes files to your hard drive to setup the NTW3 v7.5 mod.

Default Re: NTW3 v7.5 SP & MP Campaign Updates

Launching the 1805 campaign from the launcher has the game crashing as soon as I select the Coalition campaign in game..
    Last edited by Lord Davn; October 09, 2017 at 01:11 AM.
    Artifex
    Under the patronage of King Kong
    Proud patron of y2day and yelowdogg23

Hi I have installed mod as instructed along with fresh NTW install. Launcher comes up, selected 1805 campaign, open NTW, when i click on campaigns of the coalition i get ctd.
    Any help appreciated, I run Windows 10 64 bit and have used the LME mod previous on NTW and worked ok.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Lord Davn; October 09, 2017 at 12:40 AM.

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by liammch89 View Post
    Hi I have installed mod as instructed along with fresh NTW install. Launcher comes up, selected 1805 campaign, open NTW, when i click on campaigns of the coalition i get ctd. Any help appreciated, I run Windows 10 64 bit and have used the LME mod previous on NTW and worked ok. Cheers
    I'm having the same problem.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; October 09, 2017 at 12:41 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast