Thread: OFFICIAL: Prussia's early century units

Default OFFICIAL: Prussia's early century units

Hi All!

As the main mod version 2.2.1b was not major updated long time ago and updates is not planned for the nearest future (as we mostly work on the late campaign), we decided to present this little addition – Brandenburg-Prussia’s infantry units.

Content Description

This sub mod will change Prussian infantry units for more related to the beginning of the century in comparison with currently existent roster. New units will replace functionally similar old ones with exception of marine infantry, which is added. Unfortunatelly, your will not experience uniform evolution here contrary your do when playing as France or Britain. So, gameplay for the faction will be the same or similar as before.

The eight new units displayed on the picture above are (from left to right): Füsilier-Garde (Grenadiers); Grenadier-Garde (Grenadiers); Leibregiment zu Fuß (Elite infantry); Regiment zu Fuß (Grenadiers); Regiment zu Fuß (Line infantry); Marine-Kompanie (Line infantry); Garnison-Kompanie (Militia); Landmiliz (Militia).

Game Files
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Installation Procedure

1. Install Imperial Splendour v2.2.1b and two patches as well.
    2. (Optional). Install Nec Aspera Terrent, Hannover sub mod. When playing as German faction more interesting and detailed neighbors won’t hurt. Maybe. So, I recommend.
    3. Transfer IS_Early_Prussia.pack and patch_is_text.pack to the …/Empire Total War/data/IS directory.
    4. Start the game from launcher as your usually do when playing IS 2.2.1b.

Note, if your decided to install Hannover sub mod you should do it before adding Prussia files, otherwise unit’s names will not appear.

Sources and Literature

1. Kuhn, August revised by Hall, Robert. Brandenburg-Prussia’s Army under King Frederick I.
    2. Knötel, R. Uniformenkunde.
    3. Grant, C. S. The Armies and Uniforms of Marlborough's Wars.
    4. Osprey - Men at Arms 097 - Marlborough's Army 1702-11.
    5. Funken, Liliane & Fred. Arms and Uniforms: The Lace Wars.

Credits

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Imperial Splendour development team
    (current and past)

Wangrin
    PikeStance
    Bethencourt
    Herr Doctor
    Quintus Hortensius Hortalus
    agunter999
    TSanada
    Dom Pedro II
    saffronbuyer
    Rohl
    hortanium
    Stevenhomles
    rohan97
    naxzul666
    mavyalex
    Topgearrules
    Ettenrocal
    JamesBlacksmith
    JaM
    TuranianGhazi
    carricanta
    Don504
    Flaviuss
    Flikitos
    Megasalexandros
    ForteS
    Lazy Knight
    Okmin
    Quixote07
    oleg2242

Enjoy!
    Last edited by oleg2242; November 17, 2018 at 03:57 PM.

Default Re: OFFICIAL: Prussia's early century units

I like it! So are there still later 18th century units?

All light infantry units remain as before.

Icon1 Re: OFFICIAL: Prussia's early century units

Holy , thank you for adding them to the game. I asked for it, and there I had it. Thank you so much. Do you have the Pirates Über Alles mod? If so, would you be able to also add the early Swedish uniforms to IS 2.2.1? Thank you so much, sorry for asking too much!
    Last edited by 8907654738; January 19, 2017 at 01:51 PM.

Sorry, we are not adding units from other mods, but always trying to create our own. If you like to play with early swedish units, you should realy downolad that mod (and no, I dont have its files). There is also early russians, so you will get interesting enemies as well. In other case you can a bit study modding, then you can add to the game whatever you like. Anyways, thanks for your interest and good luck!

Greetings Oleg i downloaded your 2 files but when I try to open them i get a error message that says "the archive is either in unknown format or damaged" am I doing something wrong...? I tried to open it in zipfile but it wont decompress the file. Could you possibly post another link that more user friendly or at least format friendly like how most files are in I.S. Thank you!

Hi. Why do you need to open them? This two files are already a game files, you only need to transfer them to the Empire/data/IS folder. If you dont have a problem with downloading, so all is ok. If you like to open them for some modification purpose, you should use pack file manager.

you should realy downolad that mod (and no, I dont have its files).
    I cannot download part 2 of the Pirates Über Alles mod, would you like to download part 2 for me and upload it somewhere, Oleg? Thank you so much, sorry if I ask too much!

Thanks Oleg i figured it out you created some really fascinating units!!

8907654738, I think to properly download this big files (without interruption) required to perform several steps, to create account on Yandex etc.They are not complicated, but so. I dont really want to do this, sorry. In any case for futher questions better contact the mod author, not me.

Okay, thank you anyway, I think you already did enough work by making the Prussian uniforms. It was rude of me by asking you to download something you don't need. And how can I contact him? Does he still get connected on Total War Center?

These are amazing! Why are they hidden in the submod section? :O

It's probably not going to happen, but are there any "submods" still possible for other factions? I would really love to see some more early units. Too much emphasis on the late ones for my taste

It will happen but at the right time. Late period is currently taking all focus and until it's done there won't be any greater progress on the early campaign nor mid. If you are interested you can join the team and contribute, either by researching or modelling, to help speed up the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Cro_Hunger999 View Post
    žIf you are interested you can join the team and contribute, either by researching or modelling, to help speed up the process.
    I just wrote Quintus about this... I have no idea about modelling or modding, but have fair knowledge on the early 18th century and could perhaps help with research

Foederatus

Hi Oleg, these units are great quality and, in my mind, shed a light on the misconception of "cosmetic" or "flavor" mod components. I think excellent new skins are extremely joyful and important and make a big difference. They aren't "cosmetic" at all.

Another nice addition would be "early" Prussian cuirassiers with different stats than the mid century heavy guys, maybe to replace the unhistorical Frei-Dragoons and Frei-Hussars, which neither belong in the early 18th century universe.

Quote Originally Posted by oleg2242 View Post
    Unfortunatelly, your will not experience uniform evolution here contrary your do when playing as France or Britain.
    Is there no way to tie the early units to maybe the first two or three buildings of the barrack building chain as prerequisits, so that as soon as a newer Barack building is in place you won't be able to train them anymore? Or any other way to make them obsolete? If that's possible, I reckon, we would need a new skin for the mid century general Prussian line man, too…

Little addendum, I found this post [https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...#post12070800], in which PikeStance confirmed that Megasalexandrosse's units will be included in IS 3. That would solve the problem. But the discussion dates eight years back… …leads me to the question: How about a pre-IS-III-patch with some of the stuff that's idly sleeping in the vaults of the developer's hard drives?
    Last edited by Keinpferd; December 25, 2020 at 06:21 PM.

Hi,

Does anyone know a working download link for this submod?

Does usefull for Rotr ?

sthuacheng, this is more useful for IS 2.2.1b . For a later era, setting this makes no sense.