Thread: Tips for playing on Greenskins on Legendary

Default Tips for playing on Greenskins on Legendary

Hey guys,

So recently I undertook a campaign (two I guess I should say) as the Greenskins on Legendary and I have had no luck unfortunately. I normally play all my campaigns on Legendary and just finished one with the Wood Elves with no problem. The start for the Greenskins however, has me a bit vexed. My strategy was originally to rush Iron rock and take it and then sit tight till I had Big Uns (because Orc Boyz are horrid) and then try to make moves against the Dwarves and Karak Azul. However, by the time that I can do that I'm facing multiple dwarven stacks from each faction and cant seem to compete with them because unfortunately on Legendary it doesnt seem like Big Uns hold up against even dwarven warriors. Playing with Grimgor, my army comp has been mostly Big Uns, one unit of black orcs, the doomdiver and a unit of orc boar boyz or whatever theyre called. I'm gonna try to give it another go but clearly I havent been playing to this faction's strengths (the Wah ability) or angling to recruit monsters/chariots to deal with the dwarves. Any suggestions on how I can tackle this starting spot would be greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Tips for playing on Greenskins on Legendary

Dwarfs are better than Orcs 1 v 1 on Legendary and waiting until you have Big Uns makes it difficult to even get 1 v 1. Basically it is much better to be very aggressive with Orcs- get a full army going fast as possible until you have a Waaagh! then build a second army fast as possible. Also on Legendary you usually need the redline troops buffs at least in the early campaign or you will spend lots of time replenishing from battles or requiring more expensive upkeep units to match other armies.

Do not worry about sacking- Orcs can rebuild quite quickly and fighting rebels is actually something you WANT to do as Orcs because it gives cash, increases obedience faster than buildings and increases fightiness making Waaaghs! Once you get 2 armies then a bit of strategy definitely helps- make a couple key peace treaties with other Orcs or BP, expand to the map edges, use agents to slow/divide Dwarf armies- sack Dwarfs most of the time since they are a different race most of the buildings will be destroyed if you occupy so not sacking only gives you + 1 or 2 tiers of the main settlement. I only occupy settlements I know I'll have the money to either build mines or troops buildings in the next 10 or so turns otherwise loot does a lot more for Orcs.

Also don't worry about using global recruitment despite the +cost and time when you are raiding in rich territory. +600 raiding income usually more the offsets the increased cost and turn times to recruit because once you are done recruiting you are several turns closer to next sacking targets.

Default Re: Tips for playing on Greenskins on Legendary

Get a goblin shaman as a reinforcing general, he will use sneaky stabbin/itchy nuisance to basically make you win any engagment. Then head south, make sure you confederate Red fangs asap and spend all the energy you have on finshing of Karak Azul, once Karak Azul is down and the many rebellions you will experience are under control, you should be able to breeze your way towards victory.