View Poll Results: What do you think is missing from Total Warhammer?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Naval battles

54 44.63%
  • Moar factions

62 51.24%
  • Bigger campaing map (the whole warhammer planet if possible)

60 49.59%
  • An UI that adapts to having more than 20 units in the field

44 36.36%
  • Better representation of the underground movement and a underground campaign map

49 40.50%
  • Better sieges battles for "underground" settlements

47 38.84%
  • Better sieges battles overall

65 53.72%
  • More DLC campaigns

12 9.92%
  • Others (make a post about it)

12 9.92%
  • Change the name to "Total Warhammer" instead of the current "Total War Warhammer, aka How much War would a Total Warhammer War, if a Warhammer would Total War"

19 15.70%
  • Moar dakka

17 14.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is missing from Total Warhammer

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: What is missing from Total Warhammer

Ahhh mounting troops, something it should be doable too and I forgot to include in the pool.

I have longed for the possibility of the rider surviving the death of it's stead for a long time now. But CA can't do it for how the units works. Also I asked about mobs of warriors and peasants with different weapons (hammers, axes, spears and swords) all in one wobbly mess, can't do either because of the way units works.

If given further tough, a lot of the issues with the franchise (real time tactics side) as a whole stem from how the units are managed. Pathfinding, AI, artillery, hell even things like the automatic towers.... Since units are a block, and they can't be separated in anyway, it's cumbersome and monolithic. If we had more control over individual units or the engine were able to manage them, then things would be far better, specially in sieges and urban environments.

What I'm thinking about is somehow like the units are controlled on the Cossack series. For those of you that don't know there units can be formed when you have a bunch of soldiers, a officer and a musician you select them all and could create a unit not unlike the ones we are used on Total War, but if you preferred it (for any reason) you could still control individual soldiers in any fashion you wanted. While in Cossacks games this was almost never necessary, I could see how it could be used on games like Total War.

Picture your warriors group breaking up into smaller bands and breaking inside buildings in the middle of a siege (to pillage, take refuge or man up siege equipment or gates). Or that after a cavalry charge some riders lose their steeds but get on their feet and keep fighting on foot until the end of the battle (or they get/steal another horse). These things might not change the face of total war battles forever, but sure could help a lot to immersion and fun.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; January 23, 2017 at 09:07 AM.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

SPARTAN VI's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    The uninspired, boring spells. They could be quite more imaginative and original with these instead of making 90% of the spells in the game either boring stat bonuses or fireballs. I know I always use the same example, but take a look at 2000's Sacrifice, for instance. Schools of magic should feel way more different and unique as well.
    This is one of my biggest complaints. CA had the opportunity to go way outside the box, but a majority of the spells are rethemes of the same buff, debuff, AOE DOT, healing, mobility, and summoning spells. I was thrilled to see the ability to summon zombies, skeletons, Cygors directly to the battlefield, but overall disappointed with how poorly magic is represented in this game. Rome and Attila even set the groundwork for spells to change landscape (e.g. traps and other deployables) that I would've loved to see make its way into Warhammer TW.

2016 TW: Warhammer Modding Winner!

SPARTAN VI's Building Progression Icons Mod
    Streaming Total War & Strategy Games - SPARTAN VI's Game Night

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

more buiding slots like in MTW2 that is UNLIMITED and I repeat UNLIMITED building slots
    I mean karaz a karak is one of the biggest dwarfholds but I can only build 6 building or if I use a mod only 10?
    thats is just stupid as a pig is ughhh
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

That too. I have always proposed that we must go back to the medieval 2 city building, with the ability to build several things at the same time (the bigger the city, the more stuff you can build at the same time).
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    That too. I have always proposed that we must go back to the medieval 2 city building, with the ability to build several things at the same time (the bigger the city, the more stuff you can build at the same time).
    nice to know I dont stand alone in this
    would like to rep you for that but you must spread some rep around before giving it to lord baal again

D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Don't worry about the rep. I always thought medieval lacked only four things to be borderline perfect (mechanically speaking).
    - Remove some of the arbitrary limits (factions, cultures, religions, units and units in battle).
    - Being able to build more than one building at the same time.
    - Dismounting units in battle.
    - Naval battles.

With the passing of time I would now add a fifth, which is better character scripting, specifically regarding age, so characters can have different lifespans according to their faction/race.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; January 24, 2017 at 10:47 AM.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Don't worry about the rep. I always thought medieval lacked only four things to be borderline perfect (mechanically speaking).
    - Remove some of the arbitrary limits (factions, cultures, religions, units and units in battle).
    - Being able to build more than one building at the same time.
    - Dismounting units in battle.
    - Naval battles.

With the passing of time I would now add a fifth, which is better character scripting, specifically regarding age, so characters can have different lifespans according to their faction/race.
    agreed on all five
    especally the fifth one irks me when i think about it see how immersefull it could be in the third age mod

Named Heroes. Warhammer lore features many named Heroes: Gotrek and Felix, Shadowblade of the Dark Elves, Korhil of the High Elves, etc. And these could have their own Questlines.

I think it would add a lot.

Also I really think expanding the map would be fantastic.
    Forward, march!

You forgot "good AI"

Which is like overdue since RTW1 xP
    Last edited by daelin4; January 26, 2017 at 11:21 AM.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Bigger campaign map is impossible and pointless at this point, unless you want the third game about End Times plot. I do think a better character role-play development is necessary if CA really wants to do End Times at some point of future (or do they have choice?).
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Well, I would like to have the whole world for a sandbox, grand campaign thing instead of being history driven.

I'd like the campaign map to be in real time instead of turn based, like Paradox games such as Hearts of Iron, Europa Universalis, etc.

Citizen

I do like to the MTW2 recruitement system to return instead of now where I can have a limitless amount of elites in 2 or 3 turns recruitement time
    in MTW2 uints had a pool wich gave a new uit every 8 turns for elites and like 1 or 2 turns for te lowest tier and like 3 turns for middele tier and I would like this pool to be linked to the amount of population so you have to make a choice shall I emty this citis noble class to have elites and risk tax pentinalties andd public order loss since the govering people are taken away or do I take from the orther classes risking that there will not be enough farmers to feed my people?
    that way elites felt special and not limit less like they feel now
    I mean in MTW2 I cared about my elites knowing that if I lose them it will be a great loss
    now** it is just oh hey I lost a tier 3 uint no worries in 2 or 3 turns they are replaced

** post empire total wars

Quote Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
    I'd like the campaign map to be in real time instead of turn based, like Paradox games such as Hearts of Iron, Europa Universalis, etc.
    Thats like buying choclate icecream and then complaining that it is choclate and not vanilla ice cream.

Well, there's the WEGO mechanic that could be used instead of the current system.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chlodwig I. View Post
    Thats like buying choclate icecream and then complaining that it is choclate and not vanilla ice cream.
    I don't agree, a real time Total War is perfectly feasible, and as a matter of fact there is already an old game which did something similar, called Knights of Honor.

I imagine that for it to work it would have to be done in a slightly reduced scale than TW is right now, but then again, so was Shogun 2, which for a long time was regarded as the best TW game in the franchise.

There are some other successful, slow-paced, real time strategy games which work well and could be adapted to work in a more combat-oriented game like TW is (Anno 1404 comes to my mind, and for the combat I dig the pacing of games like UG:Gettisburg or maybe Cossacks 2).

I might be totally wrong, but I would not be surprised if the genesis of Total War as a franchise with separate turn-based and real-time elements was influenced by game design decisions as much as by the technical limitations of the time. Maybe without those limitations the original idea could have been an entirely real time game.
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; January 29, 2017 at 05:57 PM.

I would love to see most of the options up there, mostly more factions and the whole Warhammer map. I would like to see a lot of the minor factions like Nippon, Cathy, Arabby, Amazons, and many more. I would like see the minor factions that are in the game to be fleshed out a bit more. And a playable Middenland.

ostendadler's Avatar Miles

battle AI and CAI have been so far a lot better than the last 3 games at least.

I really miss the RPG element of "spec-ing" out your lords with the loot you pick up (armor, weapons etc ...). Its a pity there's no corruption mechanic for human factions (similar to what dread used to be).

The saddest part of course is the banners, musicians etc ... They had it in other total war why not bring them back ?! :'-(
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

"If only all of Rome had just one neck."

"Everytime you pre-order a game, god kills a kitten"

NeoYas's Avatar Laetus

Personally I don't think naval battles are necessary, It's enough with autoresolve, because as far as I know Warhammer is about land battles, I prefer they focus and spend their time on land and improving siege (more tactical and more variety) and adding features or new mechanics to make the game even better, and more factions.

There are not corruption mechanics in this game? IN A WARHAMMER GAME THERE'S NOT CORRUPTION MECHANICS???
    Naval battles on my opinion are a must. There's the autoresolve for the people not interested but as of right now there's no option for the people who do.
    Certain factions, such Elves, are a big thing at sea too. And while the war game warhammer might be about land battles, the lore is about everything!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast