View Poll Results: What do you think is missing from Total Warhammer?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Naval battles

54 44.63%
  • Moar factions

62 51.24%
  • Bigger campaing map (the whole warhammer planet if possible)

60 49.59%
  • An UI that adapts to having more than 20 units in the field

44 36.36%
  • Better representation of the underground movement and a underground campaign map

49 40.50%
  • Better sieges battles for "underground" settlements

47 38.84%
  • Better sieges battles overall

65 53.72%
  • More DLC campaigns

12 9.92%
  • Others (make a post about it)

12 9.92%
  • Change the name to "Total Warhammer" instead of the current "Total War Warhammer, aka How much War would a Total Warhammer War, if a Warhammer would Total War"

19 15.70%
  • Moar dakka

17 14.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is missing from Total Warhammer

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Icon5 What is missing from Total Warhammer

What is missing from Total Warhammer.

Well from my poorly informed opinion, and some dash of humor, I made a list of things I would like to see in Total Warhammer. I would like to see what opinions have the people of it, and what they think is lacking too.

The first four of my list are pretty self explanatory.
    1. Naval battles.

2. Moar factions.

3. Bigger campaign map (the whole Warhammer planet if possible).

4. An UI that adapts to having more than 20 units in the field.

5. Better representation of the underground movement and underground campaign map: When playing certain factions, like the Dwarves, Skavens or some factions of the greenskins, you could have access to the underground version of the map, with it's own resources, paths and places. To gain access to it the other factions need to conquer a entry point (dwarven karak or other such place). Dwarves could make new paths/tunnels/entrances at slow pace, skaven at greater speed but will fade with time and lack of use....

6. Better sieges battles for "underground" settlements: in case of dwarven fortifications you first need to actually assault the mountain, which is indeed daunting. The current state of sieges could work for this because you would assault a single face of the settlement (the one facing the surface), but do not represent this like assaulting an underground city, the battle map should be part the outside and part the inside, like the Moria and Erebor maps of the Third Age mod.

7. Better sieges battles overall: While I'm not fully against the "assault a single side of the wall" sieges, they sure restrict the tactical appealing of assaulting two sides at the same time to fool defenders.

8. More campaigns DLC, I consider them a must for when a new faction is released, instead of the piss poor, nickle and dime unit DLC.

9. To change the name to "Total Warhammer" instead of the current "Total War Warhammer, aka How much War would a Total Warhammer War, if a Warhammer would Total War"
    Last edited by Lord Baal; January 17, 2017 at 08:42 AM.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: What is missing from Total Warhammer

better sieges overall. and no to name change. I like having total war as the name for the entire series. simple and easy.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

better sieges
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

SenseiJT92's Avatar Decanus

1. A new developer.

Hah - I'm joking.

Just unit collision.

Actually, that would involve 1.
    Previously taylorj2, Allu X, Grandmaster Ryu, Dauntless Commandant & Sensei Kiisu

Creator of the "Perfectly Polished" sub-mod for Stainless Steel (M2:TW), contributing to LOTR:TW (R:TW) and many other modifications over time, now long-forgotten

Original join date, Feb 2007.

ahhh good modding tools i guess.
    And yah GW is one of the worst companies out there but so is CA as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by sataricon View Post
    ahhh good modding tools i guess.
    And yah GW is one of the worst companies out there but so is CA as of late.
    The CA is not even close to one of the worst companies out there.... have much experience with any early access titles lately?

Given the current state of the game, the name should be changed to "Total War: Dwarfhammer".

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Real settlement battle maps.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

I need an expansion base on End Times plot...
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

the way the Underway is represented is atrocious to me. The rest, I can live with

Skaven

"I need an expansion base on End Times plot.."

Man, that would be depressing. Everyone loses!

I would like to see more complex heroes and abilities! More diversity in factions.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by jahjeremy View Post
    Everyone loses!
    You mean Chaos win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

TOMB KINGS

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos View Post
    TOMB KINGS
    YES!!!

You don't have my choice as one of the options....Interest in playing.
    "The trouble with facts is that there are so many of them." - Samuel McChord Crothers

Quote Originally Posted by eliasandersson View Post
    More diversity in factions.
    Okay that needs explanation what do you mean with more diversity in factions
    e.g. do you mean Undead and Dwarfs art to similar with to similar troops?

SPARTAN VI's Avatar Campidoctor

I wish the corruption mechanic was used more than just to trigger (or eliminate) attrition. Particularly Chaos corruption in the lore is used to seduce some notable characters/heroes to the colloquial "dark side." IMO, few stories are more interesting than "fall from Grace" stories and Warhammer has them in spades. So I would have loved to see the ability to descend unmarked characters/heroes into Chaos or to transform characters/units as their chaos corruption/stigmata/blessings grew.
    Last edited by SPARTAN VI; January 23, 2017 at 04:08 AM.

2016 TW: Warhammer Modding Winner!

SPARTAN VI's Building Progression Icons Mod
    Streaming Total War & Strategy Games - SPARTAN VI's Game Night

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Having not played it yet, my main disappointments with this game and the things I'd wish they changed are:

• The simplistic flying unit system: it's essentially an upper ground combat layer, flying units behave as ground soldiers in an alternative battle. It's a quite uninspired and immersion breaking system, in my opinion. I wish they made flying more dynamic, fluid and... birdlike.
    • The gimmicky underway.
    • Wood Elf gameplay not being that different from other factions (yes, they play different because the units are different, but the basic combat systems are the same. I had imagined they'd feel much more like elusive, skirmishing troops, not just lighter "regular battalions".
    • The lack of Skaven =)
    • The uninspired, boring spells. They could be quite more imaginative and original with these instead of making 90% of the spells in the game either boring stat bonuses or fireballs. I know I always use the same example, but take a look at 2000's Sacrifice, for instance. Schools of magic should feel way more different and unique as well.
    • The particle effects.
    • The lack of proper bannermen/command units (and the bland, boring design of the oldschool TW banners).
    • The disappointing look of many empire troops (mostly infantry).
    • The simplistic item system and rpg elements. I don't like how most items are just mere icons with a stat bonus. This goes hand in hand with the lack of proper unit customization.
    • The generic, copy-paste minor factions.
    • The lack of dismount and hero dismount after death. I mean, for instance Karl Franz is meant to be a great warrior with a badass, magical weapon (the Warhammer), but once you mount him on Deathclaw... the unit itself is not Karlk Franz anymore, it's Deathclaw with a fancy looking puppet on top of it. It would be better if you were given the option to either dismount to use both units separately or that KF could keep fighting for a bit after Deathclaw died.
    • Lack of an army painter and unit customization.

By the way, I don't think depicting the whole Warhammer map is a good idea. Yes, definitely make it bigger to acommodate elves, ogres and the other main armies, but that's about it. The rest of the Warhammer world and factions are bland and uninspired, and there are already too many boring, generic minors in the current game to be including more.

Naval combat would look good, but I haven't really enjoyed it in any of the other TW games (specially not in Shogun 2). The only thing I really care about in naval battles are the amphibious battles/landings.

Also, I'm not sure I get the same grim, Warhammery vibe with this game as I get in other Warhammer games like Vermintide or Mordheim (or, hell, even Darkest Dungeon).
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; January 23, 2017 at 07:59 AM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast