View Poll Results: What do you think is missing from Total Warhammer?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Naval battles

54 44.63%
  • Moar factions

62 51.24%
  • Bigger campaing map (the whole warhammer planet if possible)

60 49.59%
  • An UI that adapts to having more than 20 units in the field

44 36.36%
  • Better representation of the underground movement and a underground campaign map

49 40.50%
  • Better sieges battles for "underground" settlements

47 38.84%
  • Better sieges battles overall

65 53.72%
  • More DLC campaigns

12 9.92%
  • Others (make a post about it)

12 9.92%
  • Change the name to "Total Warhammer" instead of the current "Total War Warhammer, aka How much War would a Total Warhammer War, if a Warhammer would Total War"

19 15.70%
  • Moar dakka

17 14.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is missing from Total Warhammer

Default Re: What is missing from Total Warhammer

Only thing that I desire is a hosted overhaul mod project like DeI for Warhammer. Otherwise I am just fine with the current way the game is and progresses

I think we need a more stable version for this. If CA keeps updating every month or so its a huge pain in the backside to keep up for the creators of the overhaul. Perhaps once TWW2 drops and depending on how it is connected to the first game a dedicated team might take up the task. Im waiting for it as well.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

But will this total warhammer 2 be a completely separate game? I thought the game would be updated with something kind of the good old expansions, which would bring and grow the game into something bigger and better.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    But will this total warhammer 2 be a completely separate game? I thought the game would be updated with something kind of the good old expansions, which would bring and grow the game into something bigger and better.
    standalone but can be combined into one
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Shogun Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai were like that? I don't recall. (bought them all in a package)
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Shogun Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai were like that? I don't recall. (bought them all in a package)
    Kind of, but it was said that the maps will be united in one huge map.

So... if you buy all three games you'll have a huge strategy map to play?

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

That's what they said, yeah.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

As far as I know none of that is actually confirmed by CA. I believe that concept is from a Polish interview translated into English, but that interview also said it would be really difficult to make a massive map like that run well. I hope that's their plan, but I think it would be foolish to expect it until they have actually said that's what they're doing (if they have I apologise, but a quick google gave me no such confirmation).
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    As far as I know none of that is actually confirmed by CA. I believe that concept is from a Polish interview translated into English, but that interview also said it would be really difficult to make a massive map like that run well. I hope that's their plan, but I think it would be foolish to expect it until they have actually said that's what they're doing (if they have I apologise, but a quick google gave me no such confirmation).
    it is part of their advertising so it is really their plan
    What is more, this title will go on to combine with two future standalone instalments and additional content packs to create the largest Total War experience ever. An epic trilogy of titles that will redefine fantasy strategy gaming.
    source https://www.totalwar.com/total_war_warhammer/
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

That does not however confirm that all three titles will work seamlessly as a supermap. Only that three titles are planned "to create the largest Total War experience ever" which in itself doesn't really mean anything. There's no point arguing however, since we'll likely know more tomorrow.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

and if its not one supermap it still can be done like in Empire

Did they already release the info they scheduled for yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post
    Just a better strategic layer overall.

An AOR system, a food system, more meaningful differences to provinces. Slow everything down, because as it is, I have level 4 settlements within thirty-fifty turns. There's nothing special about any of the provinces, they're either military provinces or money-making provinces. We don't see trade on the map, which I know sounds like a minor thing, but not only does it help immersion, but it helps us target specific ports for blockading or raiding.

It's just a bit of a leap to come straight from Age of Charlemagne, which has the best building and province management of any game since M2TW, and go straight to Warhammer, with the most barebones strategic map ever seen in the series.

Even simple things, like how blocking an enemy army at a river chokepoint no longer gives you a good advantage because there are no river battles, or how there's no longer any different cultures to worry about, and attacking and conquering an Estalian settlement across the map is no different from attacking and conquering your fellow Imperials right next door.

Frankly, if I could have a sorcerer cast fireballs into enemy Phalanxes in Rome II DEI, or even vanilla Attila, I'd probably never play Warhammer again.

In fact, overall I'd say Warhammer feels mostly like a game that's not quite entirely done. The way crossbows and cannons just magically reload, or how siege equipment rolls forwards without anyone pushing it, or ladders that appear out of nowhere, it just feels like it's full of placeholders.
    This^^^

I would love to see naval battles implemented, I would love to see more minor factions implemented and the ones we have fleshed out properly, but those are just the icing on the cake. If CA wants TWW to really shine they need to expand the strategic and tactical depth of the game at least to Med 2 levels. The campaign map positioning does not reflect on the battle map WTF? No more using rivers as strategic AND tactical choke points. Sieges have been reduced to assaulting one wall with every city having an identical layout... No multi staged sieges. Most of the castles and dwarven karaks are designed to be death traps for those who assault them. Most also are far larger below ground than above, speaking about dwarves there.

I dislike the simplified building mechanics, max of 6 buildings... really? I understand the desire to impart meaningful decisions on building, rome 1 and Med 2's systems where you just build everything is not very strategic but the way they tried to fix it is equally lacking in depth. Removing choice to increase depth is somewhat of a logical fallacy. A properly balanced buff and debuff system to buildings effectiveness based on location and other factors is far more engaging and comprehensive than the current system.

I saw someone else mention that recruitment pools should be tied to populations. Fantastic idea. For more traditional factions you have the poor who make up the lower tiers of military units and also work most of the menial jobs, farming etc, so recruiting too many of them hurts overall production, especially food. High tier is made up of rich/nobility and recruiting too many would hurt pub order and overall management, perhaps slower research and building times due to poor city planning etc. For other factions, say greenskins, too much recruitment of say biguns would result in more infighting among the smaller remaining greenskins for status so that results in a temporary drop in efficiency across the board, etc etc.

The decision to include mod support has the potential to remedy some of these issues but not all, at least with the current level of support that exists.

Some things that would be great to see after the above is implemented.
    1. Expanded magic system, all lores, more accurate and varied representation of magic from lore.
    2. Army Painter
    3. Full Command- unit hero, BSB, musician
    4.Naval battles
    5. more minor factions and fleshing out of current minors

I'm sure there is more but I can't think of it at the moment.

the feeling that i'm managing a kingdom.
    being immersed in a world.

it's far, far too gamey.
    there's way too much emphasis on the battle mode which turns out to be a constant spam of short lived clickfests.
    the campaign map is just there to make armies, nothing more.
    this turns out to be counterproductive, as battles are given meaning by their context.
    shiny things won't solve this.
    after 100 steps backwards, the series has gone from "grand campaign" to "quick battles".

try taking a few steps forward and making things more complex for a change.
    Last edited by Faith; April 21, 2017 at 03:20 AM.

The inability to negotiate for provinces in the diplomacy screen... This is a huge oversight and it means I am unable to diplomatically address issues where I wind up with the Empire having provinces in the Bretonnian areas and I need to get them back but don't want to go to war over it.

Also, I am not able to give them provinces that I capture from Vampire Counts.

Also it is easy to glitch and have units get stuck in each other's zone/area of control. I had this happen, neither myself nor the AI unit could move, after 3 turns of hoping for something to happen I disbanded the entire stack [14+ decent units of knights and foot knights].

Units should not be able to retreat through the zone of control of other units. I had two stacks pen up [or so I thought] a beastman stack against an area of coastline with coast on 3 sides and only one land access point. I thought I had it blocked up with one stack and then I moved to engage with the other stack, but the beastman retreated right through the zone of control of both of my stacks, and it moved for about 20 paces. This is absurd.

Primicerius
    Invercargill, te grymm und frostbittern zouth.

I really miss any meaningful settlements on the battle map. Ever since Rome back in 2004, I've always enjoyed seeing how a city has grown when you fight a battle there. The cities in Warhammer don't feel like they're "yours", they're just a pretty backdrop.

I especially miss the ability to damage actual buildings in battles. Attila went pretty hard out on this aspect, and to see CA do the total opposite in Warhammer kinda bummed me out.

I understand how you feel. I know the tabletop game Warhammer FB isn't about city management, or supply or even strategy at all (it's about tactics for all of you wondering), but Total War in theory being a strategy game, I feel its a missed opportunity to delve more into the lore and the strategic aspects of it.

For me better sieges, a way to get legendary lords for each faction's counterpart without confederating them, a reworked econemy the removal of the logistics extra upkeep penalty, all the Elector counts, a full roster for the Empire, Josef Bugman because he is awesome, Karl Franz on the Imperial Dragon, removal of regional occupation, the removal of Razing because the AI always trolls you with it, Kislev, a fleshed out Estelia and Tilea, and of course GOTREK And FELIX for the win baby!!!
    Supreme Commander of the Galactic Federation, Emperor of the Virtupets Empire, Star King
    Certified Genius
    M L I G: Mandy Luxe is the Greatest
    Erasiel Darkar is OP! Never will be nerfed! He is Winx

Magic spells that effect the campaign map.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast