Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All enemy's units clumped together. WTH?

Default Re: All enemy's units clumped together. WTH?

I really like the way you think. Do you have any videos of your battles? I gladly would see how it looks in practice.

nope, didnt recorded any might do it in the future though.. but lets not hijack this thread for that its all about groupformation file, well made one might be quite beneficial for entire community, and i'm willing to cooperate which was the main reason why i posted here.

I wish it would work for AI (besides deployment), Jam...
    But I think it'll hardly survive after the distant approach encounter phase, at best.
    The problem is you have absolutely no guarantee that the unit groups members will remain coherent in a given formation.
    If world state changes (even a single "unlimber guns" action triggers more often than not a "deny firing" behaviour), the High-Level-Planner's objectives may as well.
    And it's gonna take "resources" to accomplish it without any restriction of sort from my understanding.
    I can't even imagine how the rear line's AI_MELEE_MISSILE_ANALYSER will perform, honestly.
    Best of luck, though.

Actually, all i can say that im testing my latest mod right now, played over 50-60 battles at least with that file, yet i didnt encounter any significant issues with adjusted formation file.. True, sometimes AI does the shuffle of units from left to right, but that happens even with single line, and with double line its at least 2x faster done..

For AI Melee_Missile_Analyser i think it actually depends on distance between those two lines - if it is too close, then i guess it might create issues, but if its at enough distance, these units wont be inside the range for those check to play role.. instead, will get into them later, when first line is already engaged, or even repelled, which sometimes creates quite a stress on players force, who has to fight fresh enemy units right after he repelled the first line..

i might do some screenshot next time i have battle with these formations.

edit:

Regarding AI Melee Missile Analyzer, i also think it all depends on actual range used.. musket max range, and charge distance plays some role in this, at least in my experience, having shorter charge ranges helps a lot in this. (i use scale 1:3, so my musket range is 60, and charge distance is 15 (1/4 of the range) - this way, enemy has to be quite close to get for a charge, and usually i mostly see enemy forming up and firing..)
    Last edited by JaM; January 30, 2017 at 03:13 PM.

Here is how AI handles two lines of infantry:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Having single long line would mean most of AI forces would be way too far to be relevant until they would get close, this way, when first line is defeated, second one just comes forward and continues fighting. In this particular battle i used three lines, with the third forming a flanking force after enemy line was engaged, anyway AI reformed its routing units multiple times, so eventually it was quite a close call battle.. (having second line means when first line routes, second fights, so first line has time to reform, regain its morale and come back when ready..)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Sounds brillant. Let's hope for the best then...

If you need to get a better idea about AI_MELEE_MISSILE_ANALYSER, the game can still generate a log file (battle_ai_melee_log.txt).
    It's easily reactivable and outputs many useful unit informations (objectives, subobjectives, priorities, ranges, melee targets and so on).
    You just need to patch a byte to 1 in the game process memory.
    Let me know if you're interested.

Watching your screenshots I was wondering if is it just my wrong perception or Italian Campaign's auto-generated battlefields are largely richer in details and maps elements than nap_europe's ones?
    Maybe it's related to the fact that the latter's metadata.dat has only cells set to 0 (most of them) or 6. nap_italy seems to use a wider range of those 0 to 8 values (indexing rivers to bridge terrain types?).
    Last edited by risorgimento; February 01, 2017 at 07:47 AM.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Where to find the log file that has AI_MELEE_MISSILE_ANALYSER? I want to see what it does.

Patrician

Any progress on this for the next version?

Apologies for Necro'in this discussion but was progress made specifically on this aspect? As I tried the awesome mod a while ago and had to stop playing due to this silly bug popping up.
    It regretfully limits the epicness of this mod to be mostly just aimed at the multiplayers out there.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Darthvegeta800 View Post
    Apologies for Necro'in this discussion but was progress made specifically on this aspect? As I tried the awesome mod a while ago and had to stop playing due to this silly bug popping up.
    It regretfully limits the epicness of this mod to be mostly just aimed at the multiplayers out there.
    I doubt it, the devs are more fixated on Mp than SP. Pretty sad

A shame as I've been going through the mod campaign again and it is very omnipresent. Super odd.
    I'd rather have the enemy march onto the battlemap every game than have them start like this.

Patrician

They never fixed it. Use LME mod or DarthMod or Masters of Europe for campaign. This is really a MP mod. Best for that.

Patrician

Still not fixed. Please fix this freaking game killing bug

hi,
    first of all thanx for a great mod! it looks really great.
    trying out the new v8.7 the bai still form up in a "blob". it really ruins the single player campaign.
    did anyone find a fix to this or should i wait for bran macs version?
    best regards....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12