Thread: If anyone is traveling to Ireland and wants some tips, feel feel free to ask! :D

IrishBlood's Avatar GIVE THEM BLIZZARDS!

Default If anyone is traveling to Ireland and wants some tips, feel feel free to ask! :D

Exactly as the title says! I've lived in Sligo, Galway, Cork and should (hopefully) be moving to Dublin soon, so I should be able to offer plenty of advice or tips for anyone planning on coming to Ireland to study, vacation or work!

Also feel free to share any travel experiences you may have had in Ireland!

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: If anyone is traveling to Ireland and wants some tips, feel feel free to ask! :D

Ireland is basically my second home (well I have more than one second home, actually ). I too lived for a while in Galway (3 months actually) and Dublin (other 3 months) but that happened more than 15 years ago, during my university period, and nowadays I'm travelling every 6 months to Ireland (mostly southern area, Sligo I go there regularly) due to business.

I'm not the typical traveller (so don't ask me about monuments or popular places to go) but one thing I can say for sure: I love Irish people and they are the closest to the Italians for what concerns character (even more than Greek, pretty much same level as Spanish people); hospitality, kindness and a very polite behaviour is a must, even from people you meet in the road and ask to for directions. Food is passable and the beer is the best you can find (at least for my tastes). I can't stand much cider though (for a strange reason my stomach cannot bear it, probably because there's too little alchool in it ).

All in all it's a great place for everybody young to go and do experience (especially if you look around for a place where to actively learn english and if you come from southern Europe) compared to say London or other big british cities and also offers plenty of things to see (on the naturalistic side, I'm still charmed by the memory of the Connemara area, even if I went there many years ago). I'll certainly send my daughter to make an experience in Galway (where I still have some good friends) in the future and I have all but positive things to say about the people and the country (if you don't bother about seeing the sun shining in the sky once in every 3 months )
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader