Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When are the Skaven coming?

Default Re: When are the Skaven coming?

That faction would be awesome, everytime I play warhammer total war or vermintide it makes me think of the other.

(french commentary / commentaires francais)

While playing end times I'm like damn, it's like playing a hero of total war warhammer and these skavens would be awesome in total war and it could have vampirs and orks in end times...

I love warhammer lore.
    Last edited by Artorius798; February 04, 2017 at 09:36 AM.
    Nouveaux jeux, "let's play", mods, astuces et beaucoups plus sur mon channel youtube!
    Skodz Gaming

An underground map would be nice, but we will probably just get "Primary buildings" like Underground Warren. Unit cap can be circumvented by giving them low upkeep and high reinforce range, so you can easily bring multiple armies into a battle. And they could have a 2x Chaos Corruption = Growth Mechanic, OR something like Unit Reinforce increased by 40% Chaos Corruption.

I just hope they make Skaven armies large (40 units per stacker, so two stackers have 80 units) to simulate their sheer numbers. This is going to be important since numbers is 90% of their strategy & tactics book, the rest is warpstone weapons that only a few factions have and exist in small numbers & mutated giant rat ogres.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

I just hope they get around making a proper second layer for the strategy map.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

I JUST HOPE

Quote Originally Posted by General Sultan V View Post
    I just hope they make Skaven armies large (40 units per stacker, so two stackers have 80 units) to simulate their sheer numbers. This is going to be important since numbers is 90% of their strategy & tactics book, the rest is warpstone weapons that only a few factions have and exist in small numbers & mutated giant rat ogres.
    Giving an Faction more Units (or in your example double the Units) than other Faction Armys would breakt the game... just think about flank attacks and attacks into the back...

And giving the Skaven 40 Units would be even more game breaking beacuse
    from Table Top (7th Ed.) view
    a Skaven Clanrat with Spear and Shield (5p) is as expensive as a Goblin with Spear and Shield (5p) and almost as expensive as a Empire Soldier with Spear and Shield (6p)
    But Skaven Clanwarrior is as strong as a Empire Soldier, and stronger than a normal Goblin. the reason they are as cheap as goblins is that they have a much lower leadship(5) than human(7) and only a bit lower as a Gobln(6) but
    by the Warhammer rules Skaven get a Leadership bonus by their number of Ranks so in a big Unit they can have a leadship as high as dwarfs (9) which makes them alomost unbreakable (similar to undead)
    Last edited by Chlodwig I.; February 16, 2017 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chlodwig I. View Post
    Giving an Faction more Units (or in your example double the Units) than other Faction Armys would breakt the game... just think about flank attacks and attacks into the back...

And giving the Skaven 40 Units would be even more game breaking beacuse
    from Table Top (7th Ed.) view
    a Skaven Clanrat with Spear and Shield (5p) is as expensive as a Goblin with Spear and Shield (5p) and almost as expensive as a Empire Soldier with Spear and Shield (6p)
    But Skaven Clanwarrior is as strong as a Empire Soldier, and stronger than a normal Goblin. the reason they are as cheap as goblins is that they have a much lower leadship(5) than human(7) and only a bit lower as a Gobln(6) but
    by the Warhammer rules Skaven get a Leadership bonus by their number of Ranks so in a big Unit they can have a leadship as high as dwarfs (9) which makes them alomost unbreakable (similar to undead)
    table-top is balanced separately, period. Ofcourse they are not going to follow the lore of the endless chittering tide of ratmen because table-top figures are actually expensive and take a while to produce.

And oh god, no. Don't produce another generic faction with unbreakable units and murderer troops. Especially the "morale" bit, which is blatantly outrageous considering how, by the story and lore, the Skaven are extremely cowardly creatures.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

I would love to see a mechanic for the faction where mobs of Slave and Clan rats form tarpits around the enemy while the Skaven's hilariously insane weapons kill just as many, if not more, of their own troops as it does the enemy.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

It shouldn't be balanced period. Not in the traditional sense. Maybe the skaven units will have more troops, maybe they'll have more units... the point is they must have more, but they should also suffer from moral and not be just another generic race with different skins
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    It shouldn't be balanced period. Not in the traditional sense. Maybe the skaven units will have more troops, maybe they'll have more units... the point is they must have more, but they should also suffer from moral and not be just another generic race with different skins
    Bigger Units ok but more Units sorry thats bad Idea considering how TW Games Work you could just outnumber every enemy which means they will win if their troops are not of extreme low quality compared with the enemy.
    And Skaven Units are from their stats equal to Empire just with a bit lower moral.
    And they suffer from Moral like everyone else in Warhammer but get a Moral Bonus if in high number if their number is reduced they loose that moral bonus.
    So its difficult to make them flee but when they flee its almost impossible to make gather again to continue the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by General Sultan V View Post
    table-top is balanced separately, period. Ofcourse they are not going to follow the lore of the endless chittering tide of ratmen because table-top figures are actually expensive and take a while to produce.

And oh god, no. Don't produce another generic faction with unbreakable units and murderer troops. Especially the "morale" bit, which is blatantly outrageous considering how, by the story and lore, the Skaven are extremely cowardly creatures.
    You know that thw whole Lore thing is developed around the Table top.

And the Table Top rules since creatinon of Skaven Army (At least till 7th edition don't know if they changed anything in later editions but i doubt it.) is that
    a single skaven is a coward, skaven in a hughe pack get leadership bonus which makes them difficult to break untill they loose some ranks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123