Thread: Can anybody help or explain to me how change turn/year ratio?

Default Can anybody help or explain to me how change turn/year ratio?

I feel the years in this mod go too fast, I want to change that a bit, but the only guide I have found so far is rough and not really well explained (RedEye's).

It is also frustrating because, you are using high tier units after a certain year and you cannot recruit/retrain them. It is really ing annoying since usually by the time you start to build the buildings on mass scale for your best units the time runs out and you have to use the new ones (usually more generic/boring ones).

Now, I am a little bit familiar with the data folder but not enough to tamper with it myself. For some reason I thought more turns per year would be easy but I guess I am to dumb for it.

Default Re: Can anybody help or explain to me how change turn/year ratio?

After all those years and posts, you don't know that? Or even how to do a search?

I will give you a hint, it's the descr_strat.txt in the imperial_campaign folder, use notepad++ to avoid problems.

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    I feel the years in this mod go too fast, I want to change that a bit, but the only guide I have found so far is rough and not really well explained (RedEye's).
    This is how I do it, and so far I think it's the best method:

First you have to open the descr_strat.txt from mods/(your mod)/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign.

Somewhere at the beginning of the file you will find these 3 entries:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    start_date 1155 summer
    end_date 1453 winter
    timescale 0.50

(The exact dates may be different, they depend on the mod.)

What you have to change is the timescale, it shows the 1/x of the turns per year, so x is how many turns you have per year.
    So 0.5 is 2 turns per year,
    0.25 is 4,
    0.04 is 25,
    and so on.

The other thing you have to change is for the aging of the characters. For that open campaign_script.txt from the same folder.

Use ctrl+f and search for "console_command season". If you find a script containing this entry, delete the whole script, so delete everything from the "monitor_event" entry before the first "console_command season" to the "end_monitor" after the last "console_command season".

If there is no "console_command season", then obviously you don't have to do it.

Then you have to make your own script in this file. It sounds difficult, but it isn't.

Somwhere at the beginning of the file is a line with only one world: "script", and at the end of it there is two lines: "wait_monitors" and end script. Between these are the scripts. All of them starts with "monitor_event" and ends with "end_monitor". So all you have to do is to choose a place between an "end_monitor" and a "monitor_event" (a place between to scripts) and paste your script there.

The script for the aging goes like this:

declare_counter month
    set_counter month 1

monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart FactionIsLocal ; set the season for each month
    if I_CompareCounter month == 1
    console_command season winter
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter month == 2
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter month == 3
    console_command season summer
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter month == 4
    end_if

inc_counter month 1 ;advance the month
    if I_CompareCounter month == 5 ;start a new year
    set_counter month 1
    end_if
    end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType slave
    and I_CompareCounter month < 4
    end_monitor

This script is for 4 turns per year. Notice that before "start a new year" the number is your turns per year number plus 1, and the number in the last entry, after "FactionType slave" is the exact number of your turns per year (here the season must be summer). You can also set up the summer and winter, where it is written after "console_command season". If you want more turns per year, you only have to add more of this entry after the starting 4:

if I_CompareCounter month == 1
    end_if

Don't forget to change the number after "month" so they go up like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, etc. No matter how many of these you add, but at the end you have to change the two numbers mentioned above (start a new year and slave), the two at the end of the script.

Check, that the timescale set up in the descr_strat.txt and the turns per year number in this script match. For 25 turns per year (I prefer that the most), you have to have a 0.04 timescale and 25 small season entries in the script. But there is no limits to that, for example you can play with 365 turns per year, so 1 turn is 1 day long.

If you want to be more careful, open descr_events.txt from the same folder, and change the dates, so for example invention of gunpowder will come after 8 years and 200 turns, and not after the correct 200 years 5000 turns. For that you will have to do the math, but here is some help. If your game in default starts in 1200 AD, and invention of the gunpowder comes in 1400 AD with 2 turns per year, gunpowder will be invented in turn 400. If you make it 10 turns per year, and you want to have the gunpowder invented in turn 400 then you have to set the date from 1400 to 1240. Is this clear? It may not be historically correct, but it is good for gaming.

That's all, I hope I could help. The changes are not savegame-compatible, you have to start a new campaign to play with this setting.

With best regards:

Hirundo

please help me, I can't play costume battel because many skin unit faction not yet. please?