Thread: What Med II files are safe to delete in order for EB to keep working properly ?

Default What Med II files are safe to delete in order for EB to keep working properly ?

Im low on disk space. I recall the EB 2 needed only the Kingdoms.exe to work so I dont see why i have to keep the 14 gb of Medieval folder.

I have the Steam version but I have made an alternative Steamapps directory outside Program files as suggested where I have the game and the mod installed.

What Is safe to delete in order to keep EB2 working?

Help much appreciated !
    Last edited by Kranos; January 10, 2017 at 01:44 PM.

Default Re: What Med II files are safe to delete in order for EB to keep working properly ?

You can delete the kingdoms expansions.
    Mods need the kingdoms.exe and i even read on the stainless steel forum that copying it from the disk is enough for mods to work. No campaign install needed.

Socrates1984's Avatar Decanus
    Citizen

Default Re: What Med II files are safe to delete in order for EB to keep working properly ?

And it goes without saying that you can't simply just delete the folder of the vanilla medieval 2 total war.
    True, you don't need any of the Kingdoms campaigns.

This message was sent by my mobile phone.

so if understood correctly I can delete the americas, teutonic etc ? Can I delete other stuff ?

bump

Socrates1984's Avatar Decanus
    Citizen

Yes, sorry for that.

You can delete only the Americas, crusades, British_isles and teutonic campaigns. Don't touch the vanilla game at all.

But let's see. Have you unpacked the game? You can see if the game is unpacked by looking inside the data folder of the vanilla game; are there any files or is it empty? I ask because you can play the game without having unpacked it (naturally) and this saves a lot of space.

This message was sent by my mobile phone.