Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI, updated on March 2023 1.3.2 Compatibility patch

Default Re: XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome - Divide et Impera (DeI) Ed. Compatibility patch (W.I.P.)

Yeah, I've been having the same problem with my personal unit mod, can't really see what I could change anymore.

Sorry for the double post, but appearently I misread Dresden's note on the unit changes, the units were missing the new historical texts that appearently have become mandatory with the new patch 18. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz...EZFN1VUOUpMQ1E tell me if it fixes the crashing bug this time.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; June 06, 2019 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Default Re: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI 1.2.2c Compatibility patch (W.I.P.)

Thanks, I'll look into it some time, but I dont have my game installed right now and wont have the time to play a full campaign for a while. Real life is calling.
    Edit: And I doubt the civil war crash is caused by missing unit descriptions. I figure that would cause issues on startup.
    Last edited by CIaagent11; November 28, 2017 at 01:28 AM.

Default Re: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI 1.2.2c Compatibility patch (W.I.P.)

Yeah, well it refused to start up for me at first too :p, so I thought i'd fix that.

ipwnu678's Avatar Semisalis

having a few problems since the update, even vanilla Palmyran legionaries are missing arms and spears, and the DeI early hastati and principes i tested have missing torsos. Removing the pack file removes the issue

Quote Originally Posted by ipwnu678 View Post
    having a few problems since the update, even vanilla Palmyran legionaries are missing arms and spears, and the DeI early hastati and principes i tested have missing torsos. Removing the pack file removes the issue
    CA created a limitation of 37 mods to play at the same time. Start compiling them with PFM. I did it yesterday.

Before you do that, you might also have to follow CA's guide http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582...64016885097152 it solved my texture issues atleast, although it's a pain in the ass.

I've updated my patch in line with the new DEI version, mostly stat tweaks to keep the unis in line with the regular DEI ones, i'll sent it to UM too, so he can include it in the main mod.

ipwnu678's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    CA created a limitation of 37 mods to play at the same time. Start compiling them with PFM. I did it yesterday.
    I had a suspicion that there was a new limit after more testing today, but why would they do this - what's the point

Default Re: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI 1.2.2d1 Compatibility patch (W.I.P.)

The point is to f*uck the players as much as they can. There's no real point but the funny thing is: They didn't even say literally nothing about this. They just say delete your mods....so whaaaaaaaaat? Delete and that's all...xD what a tremendous funny company they are.

Default Re: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI 1.2.2d1 Compatibility patch (W.I.P.)

We should make a submod that removes the default legionaries.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

The point is to f*uck the players as much as they can. There's no real point but the funny thing is: They didn't even say literally nothing about this. They just say delete your mods....so whaaaaaaaaat? Delete and that's all...xD what a tremendous funny company they are.
    As they always have been.

Default Re: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI 1.2.2 Compatibility patch (W.I.P.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    Yeah, I changed the caste to _aux versions as he advised in his post, let me know if that works.
    I can report that I just witnessed a civil war, with this submod turned on, where the general received an auto-generated army from the game. No crash.

Great to hear

Is this still needed? UmCenturion posted on his workshop mod that it is now updated and compatible with DeI reforms.

Default Re: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI 1.2.2 Compatibility patch (W.I.P.)

Quote Originally Posted by CIaagent11 View Post
    I can report that I just witnessed a civil war, with this submod turned on, where the general received an auto-generated army from the game. No crash.
    Sweet.

Is this still needed? UmCenturion posted on his workshop mod that it is now updated and compatible with DeI reforms.
    Probably not, I guess.

It looks like he hasn't updated it yet no.

@Dardo21- did you read my message above?

Yeah, but the post where he mentions the update was from 23rd of November as far as I can see, so the units aren't compatible with the changes to DEI that came afterwards. I updated him on the changes I made in order to make it compatible with my patch, but appearently his own Atilla mod has had some kind of crisis so maybe he hasn't had the time to update the Steam mod again.
    Last edited by Dardo21; December 07, 2017 at 11:13 AM.

Read his comment on AE units for DeI(steam workshop mod) he said reforms update...

"yes, the javelins are fixed. reforms should be fixed as well, however would require a new campaign." this was his last update, which was before changes to the new DEI beta were made, which i cover in my patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    "yes, the javelins are fixed. reforms should be fixed as well, however would require a new campaign." this was his last update, which was before changes to the new DEI beta were made, which i cover in my patch.
    Good to know Dardo.
    Thanks.