Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI, updated on March 2023 1.3.2 Compatibility patch

Caius Bingerus's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI, updated on 08/09/2021 1.2.8 beta Compatibility patch

For the love of all gods, is there any possibility to download latest version somewhere else? no browser, no copying is working with update 1.2.8 submod, any help would be really appreciated, thx!
    ...the duty of a soldier ends only with his death...

Default Re: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI, updated on 08/09/2021 1.2.8 beta Compatibility patch

I had a request to share the file with 2 people, not sure why Google disabled the link again. I retrieved a new one, it worked just now.

Caius Bingerus's Avatar Tiro

Thank you Dardo21!
    ...the duty of a soldier ends only with his death...

Senator

Hi Dardo21
    Just wondering if this will work with the new @@@DeI_New_GC_Startpos ?, my son and I are thinking of giving it a run.

Yes, that only modifies the starting positions, unless Dresden secretly moved some of the AOR settings, but should be minor at best.

Senator

Thanks mate, we are using it, though haven't yet hit any reforms yet, good to know it won't spaz out on us when we do

I hopefully removed the stupid feature on Google Drive that forced users to constantly ask me for permission to download the regular patch.

Updated both files for the 1.3 beta, this should add the population numbers and reform locks to units (reform locked units will only properly function after a reform for that function is triggered or on new campaigns).

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    Updated both files for the 1.3 beta, this should add the population numbers and reform locks to units (reform locked units will only properly function after a reform for that function is triggered or on new campaigns).
    Where's the update to 1.3? I can't find it
    when you say reform lock to units, you mean that you will add augustan legionaires and then they will be updated by means of an imperial reform?
    Greetings
    Last edited by curro123; February 26, 2022 at 05:13 AM.

Updated the files to 1.3a standard, mostly some population fixes and a few changes to the unit reforms.
    @curro, sorry for the late response, reform locked units are units that are bound to a certain reform. However, when a patch introduces new units that are bound to for example, the Greek thorax reform, these units will be freely recruitable (regardless of the in-game reform level) until a greek reform is triggered, so if you update your mod on turn 10, you'll be able to recruit these new thorax units until you trigger the next reform (thueros), because the reform system at that point then re-registers all units within the Greek reform tables, including the new ones.

Default Re: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI, updated on 06/06/2022 1.2.3a beta Compatibility patch

I can see in the OP it is mentioned that this works with Kam's alt economy mod

Does it work with the updated versions of alt economy found here?

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...onomy-versions

Default Re: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI, updated on 06/06/2022 1.2.3a beta Compatibility patch

I think they would work, but only my own patch versions are (mostly) up-to-date

Updated the files to 1.3a standard, mostly some population fixes and a few changes to the unit reforms.
    @curro, sorry for the late response, reform locked units are units that are bound to a certain reform. However, when a patch introduces new units that are bound to for example, the Greek thorax reform, these units will be freely recruitable (regardless of the in-game reform level) until a greek reform is triggered, so if you update your mod on turn 10, you'll be able to recruit these new thorax units until you trigger the next reform (thueros), because the reform system at that point then re-registers all units within the Greek reform tables, including the new ones.

Thank you for the clarification.

Kind regards.

Civis
    Clarke Institute of Psychiatry (CAMH), Toronto, Ontario, Canada

HI! I am a great fan of the mod and once played it on DEI 1.27 a long while ago. Now I am returning to R2TW and updated DEI to the latest 1.31. However, when I was trying to use your patch this time it seems quite glitched: all legionary units miss class key & manpower count and they are all recruitable at location from the very beginning - barracks level, reforms and AOR don't seem to matter any more. I am baffled as to what went wrong.
    The description of your posting sounds a bit confusing right now: the tab says "updated on 06/06/2022 1.2.3a beta Compatibility patch"; yet it also says "Updated the files to 1.3a standard" then there is the further discussion under the heading " 08/09/2021 1.2.8 beta Compatibility patch". So which version the currently downloadable file is meant to be compatible with? (I mean the file at @@@@@UMslegionspatch.pack - Google Drive) Notice it's officially introduced as "This temporary patch brings UM's units in line with the new DEI version 1.2.3a " - if it actually suits a more advanced version, why does the description still only mention "1.2.3a" instead? In any case, is it supposed to be compatible with the latest 1.3.1? Is there a version adapted to the latest? I am NOT sure whether the current incompatibility is caused by my having downloaded the wrong file, or by the fact you are yet to update it to the latest DEI version, or by some conflicts with other mods I am using.
    Could you help me clarify???
    Millions of thanks!!
    Last edited by moralrelativism; October 26, 2022 at 06:27 PM.

Bamein's Avatar Laetus

Thank you for the patch!
    Last edited by Bamein; November 05, 2022 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moralrelativism View Post
    HI! I am a great fan of the mod and once played it on DEI 1.27 a long while ago. Now I am returning to R2TW and updated DEI to the latest 1.31. However, when I was trying to use your patch this time it seems quite glitched: all legionary units miss class key & manpower count and they are all recruitable at location from the very beginning - barracks level, reforms and AOR don't seem to matter any more. I am baffled as to what went wrong.
    The description of your posting sounds a bit confusing right now: the tab says "updated on 06/06/2022 1.2.3a beta Compatibility patch"; yet it also says "Updated the files to 1.3a standard" then there is the further discussion under the heading " 08/09/2021 1.2.8 beta Compatibility patch". So which version the currently downloadable file is meant to be compatible with? (I mean the file at @@@@@UMslegionspatch.pack - Google Drive) Notice it's officially introduced as "This temporary patch brings UM's units in line with the new DEI version 1.2.3a " - if it actually suits a more advanced version, why does the description still only mention "1.2.3a" instead? In any case, is it supposed to be compatible with the latest 1.3.1? Is there a version adapted to the latest? I am NOT sure whether the current incompatibility is caused by my having downloaded the wrong file, or by the fact you are yet to update it to the latest DEI version, or by some conflicts with other mods I am using.
    Could you help me clarify???
    Millions of thanks!!
    Hello, I have not been playing the game since 1.2.3a came out due to TW:WH3 and other distractions, but have been at it since this week. I'll try to update this mod and all my other mods soon. In the meantime this mod will still function, it just will not contain the new reform units that were added (to the Iberians? haven't been keeping up much) and the newer units won't have their populatuion number added.

Both files should now be up-to-date with the current patch.

Hi! Dardo21 have you updated your patch (@@@@@UMslegionspatch.pack) and UMCCelticBridge.pack in the header for version 1.3.1 (https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...tibility-patch)? Will the population in the game be tied to them now, as moralrelativism specified in his post?

Hello gurvinek2005, yes, the population script should now be up-to-date with 1.3.1.

Default Re: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI, updated on November 2022 1.3.1 Compatibility patch

Great, Dardo21, thanks and good luck!