Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI, updated on March 2023 1.3.2 Compatibility patch

Default Re: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI, updated on 05/08/2019 1.2.5 Compatibility patch

I've added the population values for the new settler submod to the mod to make it compatible.

Default Re: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI, updated on 05/08/2019 1.2.5 Compatibility patch

Can you get the Marian legions and imperial legions like in IA campaign for the grand campaign or is it just the Augustan legions as I can’t see the Marian ones now I’ve reached the reforms, are they only in Caesar in Gaul campaign?

Yeah, CiG has the early marian ones, the Grand Campaign has the Augustian marian/early imperial and mid era imperial legions and the IA campaign only has the mid imperial ones.

Oh Awesome so I guess I unlock the imperial ones with the imperial reforms then? And I should be able to see the Augustan ones already but I for some reason can’t

Can you post a screenshot of your recruitment acces, with the location mentioned? Also, you have researched the purple reform technology right?
    Last edited by Dardo21; August 28, 2019 at 02:00 PM.

maybe it because I used your mod halfway in my campaign when I was already at the Marian reforms as it’s working for new campaigns. Also two things the Augustan legions shields go through their bodies when they march and the germanica evocata have invisible bodies I don’t know if it’s something I’ve done or if this is a bug

Yeah, you shouldn't start using it mid-campaign since it'll ignore the reformed units. The clipping of the shields is not something I can fix. Thanks for the head's up on the Germanica, they had a typo in their armor, which would make their torso invisible. Re-download the patch and see if that fixes that bug.

Hi Dardo,

Why do I see imperial legionaires mixed with the augustan ones? How can I remove them?
    Please check out the image.

Thanks for the effort you put on the Legions for DEI.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sin título.jpg  

Dardo, I got a question for you concerning the reforms: Is it just part of the mod that Marian reforms on GC include Augustan units and the final reform gives us the Imperial units with the rectangular shields? Probably shoulda asked this two years ago haha

Quote Originally Posted by curro123 View Post
    Hi Dardo,

Why do I see imperial legionaires mixed with the augustan ones? How can I remove them?
    Please check out the image.

Thanks for the effort you put on the Legions for DEI.
    Sorry for the late response, you need to research the imperial upgrade tech to solely get the imperial troops. As far as i can see, you were playing the Imperator Augustus campaign, which starts during the imperial reforms.

@Asher yes, that's by design, the CIG campaign has its own caesarian-era marian troops, with the rounder scutum, the marian GC reforms have late-marian-Augustan units with the rectangular scutum.
    Last edited by Dardo21; November 07, 2019 at 06:04 AM.

Hey Dardo, is this patch currently up to date with the 1.2.5a patch?

There are some minor incompatibilities concerning the population cost of a few units but not much else I think, I made an updated version but never finished it due to my personal situation irl. I can't really make any promises, but if I find the time I'll also need to rediscover what i overhauled concerning my custom AOR veteran units.

Patch updates for version 1.2.5a: updated population numbers that were fixed in the patch. Overhauled the AOR veteran system, each province now can now provide 4 veteran units of a specific AOR type. Therefor, some veteran units will have multiple instances so that a larger AOR is covered. Specifically, it goes like this:
    · African: number 1: Africa, Mauritania & Phazania (12 units) & number 2: Lybia (4 units.)
    · Alpine: number 1: Raetica & Noricum and Pannonia (8 units), number 2: Cisalpina (4 units) & number 3: Provincia (4 units).
    · Britain: 8 units.
    · Egyptian, Thracian, Dacaaian, Illyrian: 4 units.
    · Gallic: number 1: Auquitania & Celtica (8 units) & Belgica (4 units).
    · Germanic: number 1: Germania Minor, Magna Germania & Suebia (12 units) & number 2: Hercynia & Silesia (8 units).
    · Greek: Macedonia, Hellas & Asia (12 units).
    · Iberian: Taraconensis, Lusitania, Cartaginensis & Baetica (16 units).
    · Italian (regular): Corsica & Sardinia; Italia & Magna Graecia (16 units).
    · Syrian: Bithynia & Pontus, Galatia & Cappadocia, Armenia, Caucasia & Syria (20 units).
    Last edited by Dardo21; December 01, 2019 at 07:15 AM.

CK23's Avatar Campidoctor

Not sure if I'm missing something or if I'm royally messed up somewhere.

I can recruit Marian legionaries the minute I build the second level of the barracks.

My load order is
    umcenturionspatch
    DEI Steam Part 1
    DEI Steam Part 2
    DEI Steam Part 3
    Ancient Empires Legions for Divide Et Impera Updated 07/20/2018

I've tried with researching the reform and not researching the reform, either way I can start recruiting Marian legionaries right away.

Any idea?
    Rabble rousing, Pleb Commander CK23

Default Re: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI, updated on 01/12/2019 1.2.5a Compatibility patch

You can't load the mod during an existing save, unless that save is right before a roman reform, new units are only added to the reform 'period' everytime the script gets reloaded, which happens at the start of a new campaign or after each time a reform for that specific culture is reached. However, as long as you are playing as Rome, you can just not recruit the new units and wait for the polybian or marian reform to trigger, depending on at which turn you are.

Default Re: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI, updated on 01/12/2019 1.2.5a Compatibility patch

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    You can't load the mod during an existing save, unless that save is right before a roman reform, new units are only added to the reform 'period' everytime the script gets reloaded, which happens at the start of a new campaign or after each time a reform for that specific culture is reached. However, as long as you are playing as Rome, you can just not recruit the new units and wait for the polybian or marian reform to trigger, depending on at which turn you are.
    I'm talking about a brand new game. I'm going to do a fresh install and re-install everything and see if something was amiss with my game.

Prior to this, I started a brand new game, selected Rome, had the aforementioned mods activated and I was able to recruit Marian generals and units right away.

Fresh install, same load order (using the CA mod manager), I built the barracks and I can recruit Marian era units no reform, 2/3 turns into the game.

Not sure what to say, are you using any other submods? i've just tried using the patch myself with a new game and the units were properly locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    Not sure what to say, are you using any other submods? i've just tried using the patch myself with a new game and the units were properly locked.
    I've used no sub-mods, I've used sub-mods. When I did a fresh install, I only had your patch, the AE Legions for DeI and the 3 part Steam DEI installed. Nothing else.

I tried using the user.script, still had the same issue.

EDIT: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1926627112

That is what my first level barracks looks like. Again, running (via CA mod manager) your patch, 3 Steam DEI and the AE Legions steam mod.
    Last edited by CK23; December 02, 2019 at 08:21 AM.

Bizar, and you can actually recruit those units into your army too?