Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI, updated on March 2023 1.3.2 Compatibility patch

Default Re: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI 1.2.4b Compatibility patch

HELL YES.

That is all.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI 1.2.4b Compatibility patch

All latest doubles were merged,general cleanup etc
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 29, 2019 at 11:15 AM.

thanks.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    thanks.
    My pleasure buddy

Hello,

im slightly confused on how to get this compatability working.

I am using the steam DEI version with 3 parts.

Then above that i have the AE Legions for DEI updated 07/20/ 2018

Then above that I have @@@@@@@UMslegionspatchpack
    then @@@@@@@@@@UMCBattlesubmod.pack

I can see the legions in the campaign except they have vastly better stats than the normal legionaries. It appears they are uncompatible still with the new battle stats. How do i get this to work?

Thanks.

@@@@@@@@@@UMCBattlesubmod.pack hasn't been needed for several months, so just use @@@@@@@UMslegionspatch.pack and the base steam mod.

Hello,

First of all, apologize for my English.

Congratulate yourself for the wonderful work you do.

I have a question....

I am subscribed to the mod from Steam and I have included the file @@@@@@@@ UMslegionspatchpack in the Data folder.

When I play in custom battles I can see the Marians legions from the great campaign tab but I can not see the imperial legions. I can see them in the Augustus campaign tab. My question would be ... When updating the imperial reform in the great campaign, can the imperial legions be used? Or can only the marians legions be used? Because in the barracks I only see the Marian legions.

Maybe it's an absurd question but I would like to know if I was doing it right or if it really is like that.

Thanks.

Did you activate the patch as well in your mod launcher? For technical reasons the custom battles can't feature all of the units, if you want to see the Caesar in Gaul units in custom battles, you have to select that campaign at the options, if you want to see the imperial units you have to select the Imperator Augustus campaign. If you play the grand campaign, the marian and imperial units will unlock and upgrade from one into the other once you unlock the marian and imperial reforms respectively.

Senator

I've noticed that once the marian reforms are reached the bonus to the Sub mod units are out of whack with DEI units, the buildings in the submod are giving a 3 level bonus.
    So if you already have units being built starting with 3 bronze chevrons, when the reforms kick in the new Marian units are being produced with 3 silver chevrons, if this is intentional, then disregard.

Units recruited in Rome receive a 3 rank bonus to compensate for not being able to upgrade polybian units to marian ones like in the regular game. Some recruitment entries for the barracks accidentally still had a higher veterancy rank at recruitment, which I removed, you'll hopefully see the diff when you redownload the patch.

Update: I've readded sleeved armor versions to some units, this isn't always possible with the DEI vanilla assets, but i've set up the remaining 'missing' armor assets in a way that submods that adress this issue will have effect. To that end I've also made a bridge mod between Dei Extravaganza and this mod, I will post my bridge mod in the OP. This bridge mod also adds the remaining 'missing' sleeved armor sets that I can't fix with my main patch atm. The units with sleeved armor are mostly the ones with the cold weather attribute for the most part.

I've also changed the dacian veteran units to have the cold weather attribute, and I've made a duplicate for the African veteran units with 10 being recruitable from Marocco to the border with Libiya, and another 6 being recruitable in Lybia. This will make them properly recruitable in Northern Africa up to the border with Egypt.
    Last edited by Dardo21; July 03, 2019 at 03:48 PM.

Default Re: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI, updated on 03/07/2019 1.2.4b Compatibility patch

Minor update: added the Alexander and 1.2.5 population changes to the submods, as well as the charge buff.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI, updated on 05/08/2019 1.2.5 Compatibility patch

Nice

Default Re: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI, updated on 05/08/2019 1.2.5 Compatibility patch

Dunno if this is a bug but the Marian veteran legions have imperial shields or have I done something wrong in the installation?

I gave them the DEI augustian shields in the Grand Campaign, since they fit better with the ones used by UMC's marian legions, they retain their normal DEI shields in the Caesar in Gaul campaign, since that campaign features Caesarian legions with shields that are more similar to the regular DEI ones. The Evocati get custom cylindrical shields just like UMC's named imperial legions.
    Last edited by Dardo21; August 13, 2019 at 09:38 AM.

Fantastic thought I made a mistake when installing it as it took my bloody ages hahaha thank you for this it has made the game ten times better now

Good to hear that you're enjoying the mod

Has the link been updated in the OP as it still says 1.24 next to it or is there a different link to download

I mean the original download the first one

Yup, i've adjusted it, ty.