Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI, updated on March 2023 1.3.2 Compatibility patch

Default Re: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI 1.2.3 Compatibility patch

How will you play DEI without Steam anyway? I don't see how downloading the mod through the workshop is such an impossible barrier.

Default Re: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI 1.2.3 Compatibility patch

Thanks for keeping this alive, Dardo. I use this mod with for my later Augustan campaign, currently. I love it, especially with the DEI assets.

thank you

Paladin247's Avatar Biarchus

I noticed tonight after not playing for several months that the equites legionis troopers are all missing their torsos. Likewise a few but not most of the legionaries in the VIIth Claudia. I'm using the latest patch for this mod and Steam updated for some time and the dates on all my Dei files have been updated to tonight.
    I'm using Dei 1.2.2e
    Last edited by Paladin247; September 06, 2018 at 12:21 AM.
    "With a population of around a million, Rome (in Claudius' time) was a vast city even by modern standards. It is worth pointing out that during the early Renaissance the population of Rome was no more than fifteen thousand-- living amid the ruins of a civilization that dwarfed their own. It was not until the nineteenth century that the population of Rome returned to the levels it had enjoyed under the Caesars. That is eloquent proof of the fact that human history is not a tale of steady progress towards greater knowledge and achievement." Simon Scarrow

Well, this mod is for 1.2.3, if you are using the Steam version of DEI, make sure that you've got all parts, included the newer parts 9 and 10.

Paladin247's Avatar Biarchus

You were right. When Steam updated Dei it did not d/l parts 9 and 10. When I subscribed those, everything worked. Thanks.
    "With a population of around a million, Rome (in Claudius' time) was a vast city even by modern standards. It is worth pointing out that during the early Renaissance the population of Rome was no more than fifteen thousand-- living amid the ruins of a civilization that dwarfed their own. It was not until the nineteenth century that the population of Rome returned to the levels it had enjoyed under the Caesars. That is eloquent proof of the fact that human history is not a tale of steady progress towards greater knowledge and achievement." Simon Scarrow

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin247 View Post
    You were right. When Steam updated Dei it did not d/l parts 9 and 10. When I subscribed those, everything worked. Thanks.
    A common issue these days. May I suggest the Forum's 2 part DEI installation instead of the STEAM one ?

Sonny WiFiHr's Avatar Campidoctor

Any advice for merging this pack with Experimental battle pack ?
    I only play Rome because of this mod.
    Did look at db tables but I m lost them. Will need whole week to figure out abilities alone. Umc-main-units it lot of work.

Really appreciate your work even more

I'll see about making a version for the experimental pack tomorrow or friday.

Thank you. If you have free time and will to play EXPack.
    Beta packs are hard to follow - constant updates.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1l1...Zl41x7UvES2BPr this is an additional file, you have to use it with either the patch for regular DEI or for alternative economy, it only changes the stats and abilities table so it will be compatible with all other mods. Just make sure it's in a higher load order than my regular patch. I'll integrate it into my main patch when the battle system is finalized.

Thanx

As a reminder: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1l1...Zl41x7UvES2BPr makes the mod compatible with the new beta battle system. Use it together with one of my 2 patches as well as the main mod. I'll add it to my main patch once the beta gets incorporated into DEI.

Just saw this: Thanks dude!

Default Re: UMCenturion's Ancient Empires: Legions for DEI 1.2.4 Compatibility patch

No problem

Hey guys, small update: apart from keeping the stats up to date, I also plan on reintroducing the local attributes to some legions, meaning that some will be resistant to cold or heat. This distinction was removed after the general legion attribute was introduced to DEI, so I made 2 new versions of the eagle and regular legio attributes. The only problem is that I don't really know out of the top of my head, where each legion is stationed. Generally I'm thinking about giving the cold attribute to legio's recruitable in upper Gaul, Germania and Cisalpina. The hot attribute would be given to legions recruitable from Africa all the way to Asia minor and Syria.
    So if you find legions that belong to either of those 2 criteria, feel free to report them. I also plan on giving Caesar's legions all the cold attribute since they were stationed in Gaul during the winter etc.
    Additionally, I also plan on making themed veteran units when I find the time, those would potentially also have a climate attribute.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 29, 2019 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Awesome! Thanks dude. I never leave home without this mod.

Small update: sofar I've made 11 additional Evocati units and 12 more veteran units. I also rebalanced the existing units, alongside the new ones. Regular Evocati and veterans have -2 charge compared to their normal legio counterparts, -1 attack and +1 defense, they also have 1 higher armor rank compared to regular legio's. Then I also make the distinction between 'elite' regions and regular ones. Elite versions have an additional armor rank in case of the evocati, another -2 charge, +5 morale and +1 defense. The elite versions are also a bit more expensive ofc.

In terms of which one gets to be 'regular' or 'elite', I based myself on the more famous hot spots of the republic and empire after the marian reforms. Sofar the 'elite' vets are found in Dacia, Germania, Thrace, Britain and Iberia. I know the latter 2 regions weren't always a warzone throughout their history, but I felt it warranted considering Britain featured atleast 1 serious uprising and numerous fierce battles at the wall. Iberia also remained restless until after the reign of Augustus, so I thought that it would make sense for it to produce better vets. The 'regular' vets then, would be found in: Gaul, the Alps, Illyria, Greece, Africa, Egypt and Syria. I might also upgrade the Illyrian ones, considering they were rather famous for their warrior spirit etc. Syria featured plenty of conflicts, but I'm not sure facing a heavy horse faction like the Parthians, would produce superior infantry among the veterans. You also had the Jewish rebellions, but I'm not sure that those would count as a serious military opponent and rather striking Rome on an unsuspected moment. I don't want to make all of the units the same though, since I want to atleast preserve some kind of gameplay variety. But i'm open to suggestions of course.

Additionally I also gave certain units the cold or desert/warm climate attribute. Sofar I've given the cold attribute to the vets from: Britannia, Germania and the Alps, might give it to Gaul as well, but I'm not sure about that one yet. I reasoned that vets would be stationed up North, with the Belgae etc, near Germania, so they would probably endure harsher winters etc. The hot/desert attribute was given to vets from: Iberia, Africa, Egypt and Syria. Again, some of these are debatable, I'm not planning on giving the hot climate attribute to legions in Iberia, but I reasoned that seasoned veterans over there, would build up an increased resistance to heat over time, compared to fresher troops. The same goes for Britannia, even today it's a pretty dreadful, rainy place, but not extremely cold. But I reasoned that veterans stationed in the north would also build up an increased resistance to the cold. I might make a distinction between regular named legio units and eagle/first cohort as well. Giving some of these eagle cohorts a climate attribute on the same basis, that these would be more seasoned and resistant troops.

Finally, I'll also limit all these in numbers, I've preserved the vanilla DEI evocati and veteran units to not cause incompatibilities, but limited them in number (to 15 I believe, might be reduced). All other units, including the DEI German Evocati, are either limited to 10 (for a large AOR region), or 5 (for a smaller, or specific AOR-region).
    Last edited by Dardo21; December 13, 2018 at 07:58 AM.

hot damn! thank you

not sure how much visual difference I can implement though, most units from Western and Northern Europe will be looking pretty similar I think.

Civis

there is a non-Steam version (UMCenturion legions mod) for MAC users

please.