Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 5.6 - Released 2021-05-11! - Retro Submod by Firestorm released in 2022!

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.5 and future versions!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Not in the TV-show - i am 100% sure it was the beards - if it is still uncut they have never been defeated before.

I'm sorry Mr_Nygren and with all due respect may i suggest rewatching that scene from the very first episode? It's the scene when they first meet Khal Drogo and Viserys states that when a dothraki is defeated he cuts off his hair in shame and that Khal Drogo has such long hair cause he's undefeated...

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.5 and future versions!

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis TheMannis - Baratheon View Post
    I'm sorry Mr_Nygren and with all due respect may i suggest rewatching that scene from the very first episode? It's the scene when they first meet Khal Drogo and Viserys states that when a dothraki is defeated he cuts off his hair in shame and that Khal Drogo has such long hair cause he's undefeated...

Yeah, facial hair - he wasn't without a beard you know.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

I also remember it as braids... I was thinking long braids (no reason they can't also have long beards) could set the elite units apart, like the bloodrider bodyguards. Short haired ones could be the least experienced starter unit.

The Manderlys are gonna be cavalry sure, with a foot version as well.

I've been fixing the Freys, did the "knight" with the brigandine armor too.

The arms from the plate armor were also used by the Mallister guy so I added them to another torso to make a new unit. And Blackwood has a new model too, reskinned from the same mesh. There's a Bracken model somewhere too from last year I got to dig up, anyway the riverlands are getting more varied.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	freys.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	140.9 KB 
ID:	346119Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackwood_mallister.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	204.9 KB 
ID:	346120
    Winter is Coming

The variety of units is awesome, the bannermen's houses troops ( umbers, manderlys for the stark etc ) is exactly what a GoT - Westeros mod needs to feel detailed and real, also can you show some love to the Tyrells ( they are my fav and i'm a little biased towards them ). I read you're creating some Tarly troops , are they after the photo i posted some time ago or an original concept?

The variety of units is awesome, the bannermen's houses troops ( umbers, manderlys for the stark etc ) is exactly what a GoT - Westeros mod needs to feel detailed and real, also can you show some love to the Tyrells ( they are my fav and i'm a little biased towards them ). I read you're creating some Tarly troops , are they after the photo i posted some time ago or an original concept?
    Can't find a proper picture really, there's the one you posted but that's drawn and they're kinda small. Google gives me nothing really.
    Winter is Coming

Quote Originally Posted by VltimaRatio View Post
    Can't find a proper picture really, there's the one you posted but that's drawn and they're kinda small. Google gives me nothing really.
    The closer thing to the HBO drawing of the Tarly soldiers would be the manderly steel plate armour that i saw perviously, painted red and of course replacing the merman in the breastplate with the Tarly archer, also you could replace the boiled leather the manderly men have under their steel plate that falls and covers up to their knees with chainmail as shown in the HBO picture-drawing, all that's left then is the custom helmets and the shields...

Or you could go with somtheing in that style. P.S we've only seen the backs of some Tarly troops in the show so far and i gotta say they look remerkably like the units in the Seven Kingdoms T.W ,at least their backs .

Yeah I'll go with something that's just similar for now. I guess they could show up in season 7 so we'll get a better look.

Name:	wip.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	276.7 KB 
ID:	346126

There aren't many bannermen units for the tyrells but I tried to do the guards from season six. Could be a general's bodyguard or some kind of elite unit.

But now I need to get the units above into the mod, most of them are just raw models. I got some invisible unit bugs trying to import stuff so I need to know if Nygren can get them in or if there's a problem with the actual models
    Winter is Coming

Yeah I'll go with something that's just similar for now. I guess they could show up in season 7 so we'll get a better look.

There aren't many bannermen units for the tyrells but I tried to do the guards from season six. Could be a general's bodyguard or some kind of elite unit.

But now I need to get the units above into the mod, most of them are just raw models. I got some invisible unit bugs trying to import stuff so I need to know if Nygren can get them in or if there's a problem with the actual models

Yeah a bodyguard unit would be cool, the Tarly armour looks sick, hope you put helmets on them and maybe capes...Also have you though of creating a unit or two for the Hightowers ( for exampe something like an Oldtown Guard unit ) ?

Sorry, been busy with another mod recently - gonna try add them in now (the Unsullied).
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

It worked perfectly to implement the Unsullied and the Unsullied officer as their own separate units also keeping the Targaryen Spearmen.

If you just send me all your finished models i can implement them as they come.

Pictures:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2017-06-13 23-29-56-735.jpg   kingdoms 2017-06-13 23-29-00-426.jpg   kingdoms 2017-06-13 23-21-36-803.jpg   kingdoms 2017-06-13 23-30-55-691.jpg   kingdoms 2017-06-13 23-33-13-713.jpg  

kingdoms 2017-06-13 23-33-11-194.jpg   kingdoms 2017-06-13 23-32-50-974.jpg   kingdoms 2017-06-13 23-32-54-937.jpg   kingdoms 2017-06-13 23-33-05-454.jpg  

- The Havamal

I'd like this guy and his friends from Thenn - and they are longer and broader than most men:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Styr is huge:

His units should in my opinion consist of equally huge guys with large double-edged axes..

Btw, i found some GoT toys that can hep with the looks:

- The Havamal

Name:	14juneBlackwood.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	204.1 KB 
ID:	346147Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14juneBracken.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	202.0 KB 
ID:	346148Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14juneFreykn.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	214.6 KB 
ID:	346149Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14juneTarly.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	215.5 KB 
ID:	346150Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14juneFreycr.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	185.3 KB 
ID:	346151Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14juneFreysp.jpg 
Size:	216.7 KB 
ID:	346152
    Winter is Coming

The hype is REAL, could you please make a Tarly heavy infantry version ( swordsmen of spearmen ) since Randyll is perhaps the best military commander in Westeros and always leads the vanguard ( as he did against Robert and other occasions ) it only seems logical that his house has also some strong infantry men aside from archers, which they are known for.
    Last edited by Stannis TheMannis - Baratheon; June 14, 2017 at 11:14 AM.

The hype is REAL, could you please make a Tarly heavy infantry version ( swordsmen of spearmen ) since Randyll is perhaps the best military commander in Westeros and always leads the vanguard ( as he did against Robert and other occasions ) it only seems logical that his house has also some strong infantry men aside from archers, which they are known for.
    I'll try and give the sub factions a small roster each, for tarly I was thinking longbowmen with swords (in screen), spearmen, maybe mounted crossbowmen. Tried to get a hightower unit done (based on the armor of a soldier from an unknown house at the renly tourney, I think a lot of those background armors can be used and just assigned to some house that you never see in the show) but it crashed the game unfortunately.

Name:	hightower.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	196.0 KB 
ID:	346156
    Winter is Coming

I'll try and give the sub factions a small roster each, for tarly I was thinking longbowmen with swords (in screen), spearmen, maybe mounted crossbowmen. Tried to get a hightower unit done (based on the armor of a soldier from an unknown house at the renly tourney, I think a lot of those background armors can be used and just assigned to some house that you never see in the show) but it crashed the game unfortunately.

That's good so each bannermen house has a more independent feel.Also that's pretty plain for the second strongest house of the reach ( Hightower ). Maybe something like a spearmen unit with a steel breastplate and the Hightower sigil on it.

Just awesome work man!

The version i downloaded of WoW sub-submod by Clint Eastwood didn't work - but i just finished downloading the complete new version as a rar-file.

I will add the new strat-map models to it as well as add the Freys as previewed by you above.

I know this will take some news from our mod but as he is gonna work as a partner it's fine. We still have Targaryens etc which he won't get in this release. They aren't a faction in his mod, plus it's too much work to add them there. He'd get them when he modifies the new version of our mod.

But i thought at least House Frey and the Manderly's could get something new in his release. It's 4.5 but with a different setting - no point modifying an old version too much. But at least with the Frey's, strat-models and some manderly's he will have a more attractive WoW sub-mod.

- The Havamal

Cool, what about those Thenn cannibals or mercs from Essos to be included in the Targaryen army?

Let the units come .

- The Havamal

Hello guys, how's the progress for the new version? and another quick question, is the new version still gonna have the aopk map or that changed? Thanks in advance guys!
    Last edited by Stannis TheMannis - Baratheon; June 17, 2017 at 01:23 PM.

Hello guys, how's the progress for the new version? and another quick question, is the new version still gonna have the aopk map or that changed? Thanks in advance guys!
    If your not blind you should be able to read in the WoW-thread that we have been busy there. No work done on the main mod, can't work on the two mods at the same time.

No, the map won't be included because i don't know how to do it and SGI got busy.

- The Havamal