Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 82324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 5.6 - Released 2021-05-11! - Retro Submod by Firestorm released in 2022!

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.9 and future versions!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    A Song of Ice and Fire is great but the units are not as great.
    Yeah almost all the ASOIAF units are generic while this mod has units that look like the show.

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.9 and future versions!

Is there any possibilities to avoid enemy units when you capture an enemy town? for exemple i play starks and when i take a lannister town i can recruit their swordsmens...so i beat lannister with the same soldiers ...

Hello all,

First of all, I am really new to the westros total war scene and I must admit that I am a bit confused, For example, I have the 4.9 version downloaded and installed, and it runs almost perfectly. But, is it normal for "available for adoption" characters to have 0 traits, 0 everything? and is it normal for generals to not gain stats/traits from engagements?

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by onurduman43 View Post
    Hello all,

First of all, I am really new to the westros total war scene and I must admit that I am a bit confused, For example, I have the 4.9 version downloaded and installed, and it runs almost perfectly. But, is it normal for "available for adoption" characters to have 0 traits, 0 everything? and is it normal for generals to not gain stats/traits from engagements?
    Sounds more like a bug

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Hello all,

I believe it's normal yes, due to the old 0.54 beta on which GoT is based not having such things for those adopted as far as i know.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Hello all,

Yes, its normal on this versión. Same for family sons and spies, diplomatics, etc... Its not a bug, its a beta and discontinued version, sorry.

do you know if it's normal lol ?
    Is there any possibilities to avoid enemy units when you capture an enemy town? for exemple i play starks and when i take a lannister town i can recruit their swordsmens...so i beat lannister with the same soldiers ...

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by elinath View Post
    So you dont want to be able to recruit local/native units? I belive thats how the game is. You can always just avoid Recruiting any of them. I belive you still have the option to recruit your faction's units
    Last edited by Incredible Bulk; January 26, 2018 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Bulk View Post
    So you dont want to be able to recruit local/native units? I belive thats how the game is. You can always just avoid Recruiting any of them. I belive you still have the option to recruit your faction's units
    Nope, he do not - the system is made up so that House-specific troops are only recruitable from your capital or conquered capitals.

- All the other settlements have your local troops of the region.

- Mod would need some re-working to make it like in vanilla.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by elinath View Post
    You don't get Lannister-swordsmen, you get Westerland Swordsmen - the local population in the Westerlands.

- Lannisters are still unique to House Lannister.

- And no, as written in the post above there is no way around it. - Unless the mod is heavily re-worked.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; January 27, 2018 at 02:42 AM.

- The Havamal

Ok thanks guy it's not a big problem i was just wondering if i well installed the mod

I am sorry for what may be a recurring issue for people but I cannot find a resolution to my current problem. I am a Mac user and on steam and I have downloaded everything but it isn't coming up. I think it may be because I can't find the executable but every time I try to install, instead of the desktop shortcut a weird icon appears titled Game of Thrones 3.0.desktop and another that says Game of thrones 3.0.Ink.
    Last edited by Zeus Almighty; February 11, 2018 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus Almighty View Post
    I am sorry for what may be a recurring issue for people but I cannot find a resolution to my current problem. I am a Mac user and on steam and I have downloaded everything but it isn't coming up. I think it may be because I can't find the executable but every time I try to install, instead of the desktop shortcut a weird icon appears titled Game of Thrones 3.0.desktop and another that says Game of thrones 3.0.Ink.
    Unfortunately i do not use a MAC and i do not use Steam..

- Ask TOMSrX or whatever his username was - he is credited for the Mac-version over at MODDB and should have written in the Westeros forum somewhere.

- The Havamal

Try downloading this one http://www.moddb.com/mods/game-of-th...-for-mac-users

Extract the file (where ever you please) and a folder named GoT_Enhanced will appear, move that GoT_Enhanced folder inside the mods folder in your m2tw game files. Now in the launcher of m2tw go to advanced, toggle the box that says "advanced options" and type in "--features.mod=mods/name of the mod" which in this case will be "--features.mod=mods/GoT_Enhanced" without the "" obviously, and you're ready to go and play.

Executables don't work on mac, you have to pretty much install this way every mod compatible with mac.

Hello,Is it possible to make boltons and freys betray me (starks) and tullys in campaign like in the show?i tried to declare war to bolton and freys but stupid tullys follow them.... i'd like a thing like red wedding and venge it by my way haha i'd like to "follow" the story haha

Reaper_of_Souls's Avatar Foederatus
    Imperial City, Minas Tirith, Casterly Rock

Quote Originally Posted by napoleon2905 View Post
    Hello,Is it possible to make boltons and freys betray me (starks) and tullys in campaign like in the show?i tried to declare war to bolton and freys but stupid tullys follow them.... i'd like a thing like red wedding and venge it by my way haha i'd like to "follow" the story haha
    One would've to make a script for that one. It's something similar to the ones TATW have; players or AI can't attack their allies or vassals without breaking their alliance through diplomats. Maybe that could be implemented into this submod but I am just dreaming.
    What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
    - Paarthurnax

Blood of half-Lannister and half-Stark through Lord Tyrion and Lady Sansa. Hear Me Howl!

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper_of_Souls View Post
    One would've to make a script for that one. It's something similar to the ones TATW have; players or AI can't attack their allies or vassals without breaking their alliance through diplomats. Maybe that could be implemented into this submod but I am just dreaming.
    in the game if i break allainces with boltons and frey will they attack me? the vale attack me if i'm not allied with them...

Quote Originally Posted by napoleon2905 View Post
    The 'A Song of Ice and Fire' mod has such a script so it sure is possible.

Me and Vltima are/were no scripters so we cannot implement that. Mod would need the right guy for implementing such a feature.

- The Havamal

Is there any plans now for a got 5.0 using the new wtw 1.0 beta as a base?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralG View Post
    Is there any plans now for a got 5.0 using the new wtw 1.0 beta as a base?
    No, why would there be one when "A World of Ice and Fire" is releasing in less than a month?

Seems like a waste to me.

- The Havamal