Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 5.6 - Released 2021-05-11! - Retro Submod by Firestorm released in 2022!

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.5 and future versions!

Quote Originally Posted by breton_knight 31 View Post
    The mod has some issues , they will fix every thing in the next update , which is soon...
    Nope, we won't and can't. Like i've written before it will be "just as stable as 4.5" meaning it won't be more stable.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.5 and future versions!

Quote Originally Posted by Piecka View Post
    Hello friends,
    I started playing this submod, it's awesome, but I have a problem - after lost battle i have CTD. Someone have same problem or know how to fix it?

Sorry for my english.
    There shouldn't be CTD:s all too often, but this is an alpha of an unfinished mod that's been improved upon and also most or all M2TW mods CTD:s at times - if it happens once in awhile its normal.

If it happens all the time it's not, but then you may have done something wrong because that's not the case for others.

I've heard though that it can start to CTD alot after like turn 45 playing as some factions such as House Stannis.

With the rebels it didn't for me for over 300 turns.

I guess the CTD:s only happens after real-time battles with some factions.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

I'm not experiencing any CTD's or any thing wrong but the mod needs some polishing dude...

Mr._Nygren, I'm sure you've answered this many a time, but do you of the alpha .53 of the base mod will ever be updated?
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by zachman1201 View Post
    Mr._Nygren, I'm sure you've answered this many a time, but do you of the alpha .53 of the base mod will ever be updated?
    Thank you!

That's up to the Westeros: Total War team, the update would be W:TW 1.0 ( or something like that) when they decide to release it, until then 0.53 it is.

Added some Florent units to Tyrell and Stannis factions
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	florent.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	278.7 KB 
ID:	347245

Can only polish the 0.53 alpha so much really. The new map version will be more stable and all hopefully.
    Winter is Coming

VltimaRatio, has you guys implemented a new map to the mod for the new version? Also very cool unit as usual.

I'm not experiencing any CTD's or any thing wrong but the mod needs some polishing dude...

what faction are you playing as?

also when I am setting up a custom battle, in the choose your faction screen I can still see just a small number of regular medieval two factions like Byzantine or the Mongols. is that normal?

Reaper_of_Souls's Avatar Foederatus
    Imperial City, Minas Tirith, Casterly Rock

Normally when I want to play the campaign I don't go straight to start a new one since that would immediately crash out of the game. I would have to start it by loading a save file, then quit the campaign map and start a new campaign again. That work for me though at some point of the turns you'll be getting CTDs for no apparent reaaons.

This solution by loading a save file might help you though. [emoji1]

Sent from my E5663 using Tapatalk
    What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
    - Paarthurnax

Blood of half-Lannister and half-Stark through Lord Tyrion and Lady Sansa. Hear Me Howl!

All of them , the units needs balancing , the sound problems when we use the sound music submod , and the stark faction is ed up for example when i play as the Tully faction the starks just go north and leave me to be kicked in the balls by the Lannisters and Jeofry...

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis TheMannis - Baratheon View Post
    VltimaRatio, has you guys implemented a new map to the mod for the new version? Also very cool unit as usual.
    Not yet.

- The Havamal

also when I am setting up a custom battle, in the choose your faction screen I can still see just a small number of regular medieval two factions like Byzantine or the Mongols. is that normal?
    Yes, if you have culture on "all".

Those are unused faction slots.

- The Havamal

All of them , the units needs balancing , the sound problems when we use the sound music submod , and the stark faction is ed up for example when i play as the Tully faction the starks just go north and leave me to be kicked in the balls by the Lannisters and Jeofry...
    Balancing will be done, Stark isn't a problem in the new version when it comes to that, sound problems? Won't be fixed.

- The Havamal

Gorgeous unit, as always. By the way, I'd be very interested in getting a look at that Gregor Clegane model you mentioned a while ago if you get the chance.

Hey guys, this mod is amazing, can you tell us when the new version will be released?

Just a heads up: the copy of ''descr_strat'' is outdated. I played around with the main file, wanted to use the copy and then realised that I got many old units and that the Boltons were gone etc.
    Not a major issue, but I suppose it would be nice if the copy was actually a copy of the main file, for your new version.

Also, I can not ''continue campaign'' or start a new campaign, without having to play a custom battle first. Does anyone know why?

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkers View Post
    Just a heads up: the copy of ''descr_strat'' is outdated. I played around with the main file, wanted to use the copy and then realised that I got many old units and that the Boltons were gone etc.
    Not a major issue, but I suppose it would be nice if the copy was actually a copy of the main file, for your new version.

Also, I can not ''continue campaign'' or start a new campaign, without having to play a custom battle first. Does anyone know why?
    No idea about the second thing there, but updating the descr_strat and export_descr_buildings to include the new units is actually the main reason we haven't released yet. Nygren said he'd do it this week.
    Winter is Coming

Quote Originally Posted by VltimaRatio View Post
    No idea about the second thing there, but updating the descr_strat and export_descr_buildings to include the new units is actually the main reason we haven't released yet. Nygren said he'd do it this week.
    Yeah I was just talking about the copy of the file tho, which wasn't an actual copy

Hey guys, i got lazy working on mods for a few days and didn't get anything done sunday to friday because of this.

I just realized now how many units VltimaRatio has actualy created for minor houses. I think i can manage to be done before the end of next sunday - but that will only be possible if i am working on this all the time until then.

I just finished editing the EDU so that the era 0 are the house troops and the era 1 are the regional troops plus the house troops.

Now i just need to add the new units, sellswords etc, make sure they look as they should in-game - and then add these to this system as well. Wen that's done i will hastily add all the units to the EDB, descr_strat and balance them before a release.

Edit:

VltimaRatio will get it first and do some possibly adjustments before it's released though.

- The Havamal