Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1227282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 5.6 - Released 2021-05-11! - Retro Submod by Firestorm released in 2022!

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.9.

Hello all,

Since the release of version 5.0 on the fourth of october, the following has been done:

1. Peaman has implemented SGI's map to Game of Thrones Enhanced. He sent me this version of the mod yesterday during the night.

2. A new map means all the stuff in it will need to be re-implemented to the descr_strat, such as the alliances, the buildings, the starting units, the starting family members/generals, the playable factions, the starting attributes of each family member etc. The map is pretty much just a map otherwise.

3. Peaman did add all the buildings, and the rest he left for me to do.

4. I've spent two days and nights now (not counting the time i've been sleeping) working on getting the mod back to a playable state. Files needing work were the descr_strat, the descr_regions (all the hidden resources connected to the recruitment, the settlement loyalties deciding what rebels will spawn when a city revolts, the rebel entries under each settlement, the descr_win_conditions etc -it all had to be re-worked to the same state as the old version. I'm not finished with everything but there were quite the ammount of work needing to be done just to get the mod to a playable state like in the old version.

5. Fortunately enough the BMDB, the EDU, the EDB, the descr_script-file, the descr_rebel_factions-file etc are already done since before. So the rebels and units are all ready, i just need to put them back on the map and of course place out all the hidden resources instructing the game to make units recruitable from certain places only.

6. The fact that we replaced the old map has solved the old CTD-issue with needing to play a battle before starting the campaign. This issue is gone. I haven't fought any battles in the campaign yet so i don't know how stable the mod is during the battles - or after battles.

7. I've managed to re-add all the factions seen in the released version with all their old family members etc. It didn't work to simply copy the entries, as i needed to add new coordinates for the new map - or it would not start. I've also added more family members after looking at many different Game of Thrones-mods. So House Stark has more starting generals now. I'm going to continue with adding more to the others as well.

8. The Nights Watch has been properly implemented to the mod in the campaign. The recruitment isn't done yet but they do have all theri starting areas, their family members/generals and their alliances. The goals haven't been added yet for any faction.

9. I've added House Targaryen, the Wildlings and the Nights Watch to the selection screen of the campaign and fixed their UI. I still need to implement the Wildlings and House Targaryen to the actual map. I did also update the "special unit pictures" with the House words, just like Peaman did in Fire and Blood.

GoT Enhanced will be different in the sense it is only set in WoFK- and using different scripts/features unless Peaman decides to use them as well.

The mod crashed at various stages as the AI - like on turn 59, 79 etc but would play long after each restart. After i changed some ownerships in the descr_regions-file to make Stannis have cities loyal to him instead of to the Night's watch faction, and the Nights Watch have their castle's and towns loyal to them, and not House Stark - the game got more stable!

Maybe it's luck? But it is still going and hasn't crashed.. I've been letting the AI play for probably two hours or something. The turns are extremely fast due to no faction being able to recruit anything but ships and mercenaries. The starting armies are there but nothing is recruitable after from the main rosters. The regions all have Westerland rebels currently. I do hope the mod will stay as stable as it is now even after adding the rest of the recruitment, the rebels- and the victory conditions. It's on turn 2000 soon.

I do plan to add House Targaryen and the Wildings to the campaign, and the Wildlings will get Mammoths and Giants as well. I still haven't decided from where? The Warcraft Mammoths doesn't look right, the BotET ones would be perfect (used in the German mod as well) but i don't have permission -no one has permission to use those. There are also the ones in "A Song of Ice and Fire" but they are more like elephants with a new skin. Hm, Elder Scrolls also have Mammoths that do look better than the ones in Warcraft etc. We'll see what i will use in the end. The Giants too is a big questionmark.

Then i want to add "The Others" to the mod with the same units as in Fire and Blood". Possibly the "Free Cities of Braavos" as Daenarys will need an enemy in Essos before reaching Westeros. All of the "Free Cities" are in the mod, as well as the Dothraki capital (where Dany will start). Dany is going to have large forces from the start as they will lack settlements compared to the Free Cities. The Others will replace the Dothraki faction for the Mongols-slot. They will be able to spawn during the late campaign. I do also intend to make Aegon a possible spawning faction using the unused Timurid slot.

But we'll see about all of this. All i can say right now is that i'm not finished yet with making it fully playable, but the mod seems to go on forever without a CTD on the campaign map at least. As of writing this it's now on turn 2161.

Btw, there are textures from 2017 that will enable me to add the rest of the planed minor house units for the old factions as well.

VltimaRatio didn't send me his new models from this summer, but he told me he were working on a AopK version of his own.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Desktop Screenshot 2019.10.17 - 12.45.52.85.jpg   Desktop Screenshot 2019.10.17 - 12.56.24.15.jpg   Desktop Screenshot 2019.10.17 - 12.58.44.33.jpg   Desktop Screenshot 2019.10.17 - 13.04.07.27.jpg   Desktop Screenshot 2019.10.17 - 13.12.34.09.jpg  

Desktop Screenshot 2019.10.17 - 13.13.23.05.jpg   Desktop Screenshot 2019.10.17 - 13.13.32.42.jpg   Desktop Screenshot 2019.10.17 - 13.59.48.83.jpg   Desktop Screenshot 2019.10.17 - 14.20.59.14.jpg   Desktop Screenshot 2019.10.17 - 14.28.05.18.jpg  

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; October 17, 2019 at 08:06 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 5.0.

Looking really good Mr nygren. Im glad you could finally update got enhanced. Is there any chance of a winds of winter/dance with dragons version of this mod after you have finished it? like what Clint did with the old version?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralG View Post
    Looking really good Mr nygren. Im glad you could finally update got enhanced. Is there any chance of a winds of winter/dance with dragons version of this mod after you have finished it? like what Clint did with the old version?
    Thanks, yes finally it could get a final version. Of course anyone is free to make submods or continue it after as long s they don't change the map.

I'm not going to touch any other campaign until this one is polished out. Maybe Clint or someone else will make such a version. - Fire and Blood will have many campaigns and does aim to be similar to this mod. Even though it's different in the sense Peaman will use models from outside. I will also do that for giants, mammoths and undead- but not for the Houses.

Btw:

The map is 100% stable, it went on for over 3600 turns before i ended the game.

Bad news about battles.. I played a battle and it looked awesome, the AI were good, the battlefields impressive, no gamelock or CTD during battles - but it crashed when returning to the campaign map after the battle!

I will try again to play other battles.. Maybe i were unlucky, but the Jaime VS Glover/Umber battle crashed after the battle. Not really sure why it would crash on the loading screen when returning to the map. It could be the quotes, or the loading screens - i will look into fixing that. All other bugs on the map have disappeared. I'm guessing this CTD after battle is not connected to the map, so it's still present.

Edit:

I did play the same battle again and it crashed, while Roose VS Tywin didn't crash- this led me to question wheter it's one of the traits leading to the crash after winning the battle. So i did remove the traits in use by Jamie, Glover and Jon Umber- and the game didn't crash. I'm guessing it's the victors causing the crash though. I'm not really sure what trait is causing this, but i played two battles without traits and none of them crashed. So it's connected to the traits that's for sure.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; October 17, 2019 at 10:38 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

I wouldnt actually mind when you have finished it to rebalance all the units. So the mod is more functional in battles. See how you go polishing it up. I would enjoy a dwd campaign on this map. It's a shame peaman did not go for soulgamesinc's map and not w1.0. The 1.0 one is good but I just think soul's is better.

I wouldnt actually mind when you have finished it to rebalance all the units. So the mod is more functional in battles. See how you go polishing it up. I would enjoy a dwd campaign on this map. It's a shame peaman did not go for soulgamesinc's map and not w1.0. The 1.0 one is good but I just think soul's is better.
    That's great to hear - because i get serious headache working on the numbers.. Also, i did balance the Warcraft mod first (before two other members balanced it again) and it was frustrating. As for GoT Enhanced it is balanced on "A Song of Ice and Fire"- at least the basic units and medium units are like in that mod. It means that knights/cavalry are totally superior to all types of infantry. I never properly balanced the elite units of the factions. This balancing were done in december of 2016.. There are very few GoT mods with good balance and i felt that mod were the most completed.

I'd love a Real Recruitment, Real Combat-type of balancing. After fighting a few battles i think they looked great (Fire & Blood has this bug with black things on the terrain in custom battle, and in the campaign the units seem to move out of formation- while this mod GoT Enhanced doesn't have those issues) on the battlefield.

Westeros 1.0 had better strategic possibilities according to Peaman, something about how it's made with the rivers and such. It's on 149 regions, compared to old GoT's less than 100. Soul's map has the maximum 199 regions.

- The Havamal

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

I would enjoy a dwd campaign on this map. It's a shame peaman did not go for soulgamesinc's map and not w1.0. The 1.0 one is good but I just think soul's is better.
    Fire and Blood will stay with the 1.0 map as I like it better, that said Soul did a great job on his map and granted Mr_Nygren permission to use it so we decided to do a final version/patch of Enhanced with souls map before moving onto Fire and Blood.

Fair enough peaman. If you do add more settlements to the 1.0 map in a future release as you said back along. I do think that would improve it. especially in areas such as the crownlands and the north. Skagos for example could quite easily have its own settlement.

That's the plan, 49 more settlements can be added and I tend to use them all , Skagos will get a settlement as well + probably their own faction for the blackyre rebellion scenario as they rebelled against the starks, hopefully they will be present in V2.2, we'll see.

Hello all, the TWC user Gerard has finished all the unit descriptions of this mod. The main mod has been updated with his unit descriptions, as well as his new ancillary .tga files.

As for his traits/ancillaries they are more recent than the old ones, despite being dated 2016-12/26 or something similar. The unit descriptions are dated 2019 in mid-november.

I didn't replace the traits/ancillaries with his, because he has three separate folders with the same files over and over. I didn't know what to use from those folders- especially since the files are much smaller than the older ones. And as always i'm worried that will mess up the mod as i don't have the time to playtest to find out if they are stable or not. But the unit descriptions for all the units in the mod have been finished and the file increased in size from 474kb to 949kb- something of that note.

Fire and Blood has a lot of the same units and can of course use these descriptions as well.

Link to his package:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/awqugh.../done.rar/file
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 12, 2019 at 03:58 AM.

- The Havamal

this is how it looks

New and upgraded ancillaries/traits are been done like targaryen, blackfire, and slavers bay nobles, etc for a more immersive gameplay.
    Hope you enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by gerard View Post
    this is how it looks

New and upgraded ancillaries/traits are been done like targaryen, blackfire, and slavers bay nobles, etc for a more immersive gameplay.
    Hope you enjoy!
    Yes, but i cannot use them- i have zero ideas about what folder should be used. As far as i know you can only use one of each file and you have like three of every file.

What i need is only the files that should be used in the actual mod, and i do need them placed in the right folder- sending me three folders with random names and similar files doesn't tell me anything about what file i should use.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 10, 2019 at 02:23 PM.

- The Havamal

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6a4sw4.../data.rar/file Ok. So, I make it easy. Copy and paste these files to the main directory.

Quote Originally Posted by gerard View Post
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/6a4sw4.../data.rar/file Ok. So, I make it easy. Copy and paste these files to the main directory.
    Thanks man, you've done some nice improvements for the mod. I will use them now.

The currently released version of GoT Enhanced is a placeholder for now though- another version with a bigger map and lots of improvements is in the works. I'll get back to it soon.

- The Havamal

I noticed some of the new traits are from Fire and Blood, specifically the battle victor/loser traits not sure about the others as I haven't look yet but the battle traits were coded by Badger-Dude I think, I'm sure he wouldn't mind his work being used in another mod but best credit him for it.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaMan View Post
    I noticed some of the new traits are from Fire and Blood, specifically the battle victor/loser traits not sure about the others as I haven't look yet but the battle traits were coded by Badger-Dude I think, I'm sure he wouldn't mind his work being used in another mod but best credit him for it.
    Yeah, but it's Gerard's responsibility to provide me with "his" work and tell me if someone else has had a hand in it. It might be true that he has taken them from somewhere else yes. But he hasn't told me any details.

- The Havamal

I think what peaman is referring is to victor/loser trait which is not what I included in those files. I only create and implemented the house ancillaries, nothing more.

I wouldn't say anyone is to blame, it's most likely an honest mistake if there indeed was one and no harm was done. Gerard to his credit done some good work

PS: I meant the triggers for after the battles that levels up GoodAttacker etc, I noticed the old GoT version didn't have them though FNB did, I removed a bunch of badger's headers in the file ages ago, could be he done those triggers I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaMan View Post
    I wouldn't say anyone is to blame, it's most likely an honest mistake if there indeed was one and no harm was done. Gerard to his credit done some good work

PS: I meant the triggers for after the battles that levels up GoodAttacker etc, I noticed the old GoT version didn't have them though FNB did, I removed a bunch of badger's headers in the file ages ago, could be he done those triggers I'm not sure.
    Alright, Badger-Dude will have to write something himself then.

I'd never mess with triggers so i don't view myself as involved at all with that stuff.

- The Havamal

Update:

1. Updated House Targaryen roster - Crownland units, Golden Company units (for House Lannister and House of Joffrey as well), new Dragons (single units).

2. Golden Company Elephants.

3. Mammoths for the Wildlings.

BotET: Alt-Cut allowed me permission for the Dragons and Mammoths.

Fire & Blood has a deal with Got: Enhanced to share the GoT styled units.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2020.05.09 - 20.39.05.35.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2020.05.09 - 22.27.03.33.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2020.05.09 - 22.28.40.90.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2020.05.09 - 22.29.23.39.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2020.05.09 - 22.30.01.39.jpg  

Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2020.05.09 - 22.31.51.62.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2020.05.09 - 22.32.23.21.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2020.05.09 - 22.33.00.87.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2020.05.17 - 22.02.43.01.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2020.05.17 - 22.02.13.73.jpg  

- The Havamal

now those are great pictures,high class units they are!
    getting older