Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 5.6 - Released 2021-05-11! - Retro Submod by Firestorm released in 2022!

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 5.0.

Quote Originally Posted by stevietheconquer View Post
    now those are great pictures,high class units they are!
    Yes, this mod were the first to have these models. The monsters are a courtesy of BotET; Alt-Cut Warhammer sub-mod though.

The elephants are from a third mod.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Good job Mr_Nygren.

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Update:

Fire & Blood has a deal with Got: Enhanced to share the GoT styled units.
    I wouldn't call it a deal so to speak as GoT: Enhanced has no new units I can use, more along the lines of your free to use the new content from Fire and Blood with credits of course

Quote Originally Posted by PeaMan View Post
    I wouldn't call it a deal so to speak as GoT: Enhanced has no new units I can use, more along the lines of your free to use the new content from Fire and Blood with credits of course
    Well, the deal was to share all the new assets. You used my new unit cards as an example. GoT Enhanced has the new mammoths and elephant units. But besides those not much because I'm not a model-maker . I do believe that I had the final Mooton units in a "to be implemented" state though. And three missing crossbowmen. I will add more minor house units to make them seven as originally intended. Your problem would be that you will run out of free unit slots.

As I do not plan to use non-Vltima units or more dragons, I will have more room left before i run out of free slots.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    Good job Mr_Nygren.
    Thanks man!

- The Havamal

Well, the deal was to share all the new assets.
    I don't recall ever making a deal, all I said was your free to use all the new material I created for fire and blood. This can be seen in my posts in the fnb thread were I say you free to use any new content. I would sparsely call it a deal its literally one sided as you will get to use all the new stuff I created while I have access to nothing that it not a deal in my opinion, that + I never agreed to one.

You used my new unit cards as an example. GoT Enhanced has the new mammoths and elephant units. But besides those not much because I'm not a model-maker . I do believe that I had the final Mooton units in a "to be implemented" state though. And three missing crossbowmen. I will add more minor house units to make them seven as originally intended. Your problem would be that you will run out of free unit slots.
    Yes you created some unit cards which were used in older versions for fire and blood and you'll always be listed in the credits for the versions that use them but as you can see from the latest version I sent you they have been replaced with new ones I created.

Your problem would be that you will run out of free unit slots.
    What do you mean? Its not a problem, unit slots is irrelevant as I have all the units I need especially as there are no new units I can use from Enhanced besides the mammoths/elephants, there is space for 6 more which is more than enough for what I have planned.

Edit: We can continue this discussion over on discord.
    Last edited by PeaMan; May 19, 2020 at 04:35 AM.

A guy has written to me and is going to send me some of his work to be implemented in Game of Thrones: Enhanced:

Wildling Bodyguards
    Holds a two handed axe. Also have shileds in their back

Wildling Hunters
    Their main archer unit, is very good in meele too. Holds an axe as secondary weapon

The Hunters also have shields at their back. I created a new texture just for the sake of diversity (shared with the bodyguards)

Hornfoots holds a short pike and a pack at their back taken from the eponymous unit from APOK3

Ice River Cannibals

Thenn Spearmen

I plan to make a Wildling Light Cavalry too. It will be like the Wildling Warriors but in horseback and will hold a spear as the primary weapon. Below you will find other stuff I have worked on:
    Tyrell Crossbowmen

The units of House Cuy became House Redwyne in my version, since the Redwynes are way more important

House Hightower. This is still WIP

Also sent you a friend request on Discord. You will find me there if you choose to talk to me.

- The Havamal

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Anyone know how to get this running on a mac? Wine won't work with OS Catalina, so the .exe that runs the .bat can't be installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hengest View Post
    Anyone know how to get this running on a mac? Wine won't work with OS Catalina, so the .exe that runs the .bat can't be installed.
    Hi Hengest,

Only 4.9 (MAC-version) works on a MAC - you would need to remove the folder "settlements" in "Got_Enhanced/Data" as well as remove the custom De Bello Mundi Siege Engines - the mod won't work on a MAC as long as the custom DBM siege engines, or the custom settlements from Westeros 1.0 - are in the game.

There should be a way to enable custom settlements for a MAC but I don't have a clue how - I believe there were a tutorial on the forum somewhere.

Cheers
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; October 22, 2020 at 10:49 AM.

- The Havamal

New updated Wildlings roster! (Courtesy of Firestorm).

Firestorm on Discord have made new units for the Wildlings using VltimaRatio's (the model creator) textures and weapons. He has succeeded in making most of them unique so they are no longer clones with different weapons, the old units were just five identical units with spears, swords, javelins etc plus the unique Thenn unit with heavy axes. Firestorm has improved on the roster by adding all these other human units with unique skins and weapons and looks.

I've added the Mammoth from Warhammer: Alt-Cut with permission from it's creator Kalla and it works without problems now. I've also added the giants from Fire & Blood.

The Ygritte-hero is a combination of a Wildling body and a female face. It might be improved later but I've added the current version made by Firestorm - I've also added his portrait for her. He had already done the coding so I just had to copy all the entries from his files.

The giants weren't included in his work so I had to port them from Fire & Blood.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The King Beyond the Wall, Mance Rayder - has been added to the mod!

I've added Mance Rayder - the King beyond the wall - to the mod as a custom character in both the campaign and in the custom battles. He has a cavalry bodyguard in the custom battles at least - but we'll see if he'll keep it in the campaign or not.

To my knowledge the head is created by TheScouseSicario (KevTaylor20) from Seven Kingdoms.

Tormund Giantsbane added as a new hero for the Wildlings!

I've added Tormund Giantsbane as a new custom character for the Wildlings in both the campaign and the custom battles.
    To my knowledge the head is created by TheScouseSicario (KevTaylor20) from Seven Kingdoms.

Styr, the Magnar of Thenn - has been implemented as his own custom general to the Wildlings/Free Folk-faction - to both the custom battles and the campaign.

Ygritte the Wildling added as a unique hero for the Wildlings!

Ygritte the Wildling has been added to the Wildlings as a unique custom hero. The model has been improved since two prior attempts.

Wildlings/Free Folk Faction selection screen done!

The Wildlings, also known as the "Free Folk" has a new faction selection screen.

Wildlings and their generals added to the campaign!

I've added all the Wildling generals to the campaign, as well as the faction itself and changed their colors from the blue/yellow azstecs into the proper grey Wildling color of the show.

Firestorm had already added these heroes to his submod which is using a very similar map and as such they're the same as in his submod. I just had to edit a bunch of files and insert his coding. I also did at first edit the symbol to be another one, but that was before I got the information that he had his own.

Recruitment still remains for all the factions.

Edit: Oh, and "Prince beyond the wall" will be replaced as it's something left over from the vanilla files.

Wildlings strat-models added to the campaign!

So I've fixed up the Wildling strat-map look and I've added the strat-models from Fire & Blood that Bantu (modeller of Warcraft TW) rigged for Peaman.

The map is the map that SoulGamesInc created and I believe it was last updatd in 2018.

Wildling Hunters (Bowmen)

The new bowmen of the Wildlings made by Firestorm using VltimaRatio's files.

Thenn Spearmen (By Firestorm)

The additional Thenn unit made by Firestorm using the models and textures of Vltima.

Men of the Frozen Shore (By Firestorm).

"Men of the Frozen Shore" is the new pike unit in use by the Wildlings, made by Firestorm using the files by VltimaRatio.

Hornfoot Spearmen (By Firestorm)

The new Hornfoot Spearmen, by Firestorm using the files of Vltima.

A new unique look.

Hornfoot Warriors (By Firestorm)

The new Hornfoot Warriors, by Firestorm using the models and textures by Vltima. He did his own texture-work as well.

Nightrunners (By Firestorm)

The most unique unit out of the Wildling units Firestorm has made based on the models and textures of VltimaRatio.

Lots of additional work has been done but these are the updates regarding the Free Folk/Wildlings.

Wun-Wun and the other giants and mammoths now spawn!

So I've recently added Wun-Wun and the two other giants and their mammoths as single-unit spawns through the script.

Firestorm added the Targaryen scripts back in December on Dec 8th I believe - and The Others are spawning but not with their main army yet.

The mamoths are from Warhammer Alt-Cut and used with permission from Kalla - they were Norscan mammoths.

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; February 20, 2021 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Giants/Mammoths spawn!

- The Havamal

Wildlings strat-models added to the campaign!

So I've fixed up the Wildling strat-map look and I've added the strat-models from Fire & Blood that Bantu (modeller of Warcraft TW) rigged for Peaman.

The map is the map that SoulGamesInc created and I believe it was last updatd in 2018.

I think I rigged the wildling strat models, bantu rigged the unsullied, kingsguard and karstark

I think I rigged the wildling strat models, bantu rigged the unsullied, kingsguard and karstark
    Yes, you're right - as far as I recall I asked you to ask Bantu to rig the Wildlings but you did prioritize some other units indeed like the Kingsguard and the Karstarks. I forgot you did the Wildlings later.

- The Havamal

House Targaryen factional preview:

House Targaryen new selection screen!

This is the new finished selection screen of House Targaryen, and as you can see Viserys is the leader at the start of the campaign - as the mod takes place in the early show.

Daenarys will spawn during the campaign together with her Dragons, and Aegon is also a part of this faction.

New House Targaryen Roster!

I didn't re-add all of the stuff from Fire & Blood (most of which hadn't been implemented in the code anyway). So House Targaryen doesn't have the Crownland-units anymore - and other factions doesn't have their faction-specific Kingsguard.

House Targaryen strat-map preview!

Daenarys Stormborn on a dragon in the campaign!

Daenarys Targaryen in the custom battles will be dismounted!

So Dany is going to have an Unsullied bodyguard in the custom battles. Whilst in the campaign she will ride a dragon - she can't ride a dragon in the custom battles due to not being the captain.

Officers cannot be added to elephant-units like dragons - and she is an officer in the custom battles.

Sir Jorah Mormont has been added as a new hero to the mod!

So Sir Jorah Mormont has been added as a new unique general to House Targaryen, and he is going to have a Targaryen Bodyguard unit (knights) just like Sir Barristan.

Sir Barristan Selmy has been added as a new hero to the mod!

Sir Barristan Selmy has been implemented as a new unique character in both the custom battles and in the campaign. He has a re-skinned Kingsguard look with the Targaryen emblem on - Firestorm made a general as well using this look for the Targaryens.

Barristan Selmy is fighting for House Targaryen and will have a Targaryen Bodyguard as his personal unit.

Daario Naharis, the leader of the Second Sons added!

I've added Daario Naharis, the leader of the Second Sons mercenaries, as a custom character - he is also one of Dany's lovers.

I am now finished with implementing the twelve or so new heroes - Firestorm is gonna send me some more tonight that will be the final bunch of heroes for the mods next release.

Remade Grey Worm with a new head!

So this is the new Grey Worm, using the head made by TheScouseSicario that Peaman rigged for Medieval 2 - Firestorm remade the old Grey Worm by adding this head to the old mesh.

Viserion and Rhaegal has gotten new skins by Peaman actually!

So I've added all the three dragons to Firestorms copy of the mod, which is slightly different from the version I were working on - he had made custom skins for Viserion (the yellow dragon) and Rhaegal (the green dragon) that I'm previewing here.

The skins above are re-painted by Peaman, and were originally from the Warhammer Alt-Cut submod - Firestorm had simply edited them to fit one unit of dragons, after which I re-edited the files to make them three separate units again - I misunderstood him when he stated he had "edited them" thinking he had painted them as well - but that was Peamans work.

Targaryen Longbowmen (By Firestorm).

Firestorms's Targaryen Longbowmen, using models and textures by VltimaRatio.

Unsullied Auxiliaries (By Firestorm)

The new Unsullied Auxiliaries, Javelinmen by Firestorm using models and textures by VltimaRatio.

Targaryen Outriders (By Firestorm)

The Targaryen Outriders, Household scouts by Firestorm using textures and models by VltimaRatio.

Targaryen Bodyguard (Knights) - By Firestorm

The Targaryen Bodyguard is consisting of heavy Targaryen Knights. Firestorm has expanded on the units by VltimaRatio.

Second Sons Halberds (By Firestorm).

The Second Sons Halberds, a new unit by Firestorm based on the models and textures by VltimaRatio.

- The Havamal

Nights Watch roster updated!

Nights Watch faction Selection screen done!

The new Nights watch faction has a selection screen.

Updated Nights Watch roster! (By Firestorm).

Remade Jeor Mormont - Lord Commander of the Nigths Watch!

Benjen Stark added as a new custom hero for the Nights Watch!

Benjen Stark, the brother of Eddard "Ned" Stark - added to the Nights Watch as a new custom general and hero in both the campaign and in the custom battles.

Alliser Thorne added as a new custom general for the Night´s Watch!

So Alliser Thorne has been added as a new custom general and hero for the Night´s Watch faction in both the custom battles and in the campaign.

Jon Snow of the Nights Watch has been added as a custom hero!

Jon Snow of the Nights Watch, bastard to Ned Stark and secret Targaryen heir to the Iron Throne.

Nights Watch body model by VltimaRatio, and the face was created by TheScouseSicario (KevTaylor20) from Seven Kingdoms - it is of outstanding quality and really looks like the actor!

Firestorm merged the two models. Jon Snow will be dismounted like this in the campaign, but our Idea is to have him re-spawn as Jon Stark if he dies - the scripts have trouble working on this build but we may switch to Firestorm's build if that's the case.

New "Castle Black" Custom Settlement made by Makayane!

So Makayane had created a "Castle Black" custom settlement for Westeros 1.0, but the settlement would always CTD (Crash to Desktop) when attempting to play a battle there - that is until I tinkered with it and managed to get it to load in GoT Enhanced 5.5 which is releasing it's first beta version now!

The city is in use by all three castles at the wall - and it will assimilate into the terrain. You will see that Makayane managed to make the wall follow the terrain so that it doesn't feel like the same battle. The wall has different borders based on where you fight so that it feels like you are in the middle, to the left or to the right - of course the buildings are the same.

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; February 20, 2021 at 01:38 PM.

- The Havamal

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 5.5.

now these are very nice sreenies Mr_Nygren!
    getting older

Quote Originally Posted by stevietheconquer View Post
    now these are very nice sreenies Mr_Nygren!
    Thanks man.

There is a new release out since february 20/21 - I just want to preview stuff here first before posting the link.

- The Havamal

Installation:

1. You need to go into the folder named "Medieval II Total War" and then copy the file named "medieval2.exe" - then rename the copied file to kingdoms.exe. This is needed or the mod won't launch with Steam.

2. You do need to patch the medieval2.exe and the kingdoms.exe with a program named "4gb patch" found at this link:

Moddb.com

3. It's a program, extract it anywhere on your computer, then run it as an administrator - then browse to both .exe-files inside of the "Medieval II Total War"-folder and select one of them and click on "patch" - then repeat the process with the other one.

4. You need to have just one folder named "GoT" as in "Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\GoT - and then You'll start it by double-cllicking the executable.bat-file of the mod.

5. With the CD instead it would be "D:\Games\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\GoT - and you'll still start it by double-clicking on the executable.bat-file.

Download Game of Thrones: Total War Enhanced V. 5.5 (Fixed turn 31 CTD/New Robb Stark)! - Mod DB

Download the GoT Patch fixing the Nights Watch diplomacy, increasing the ammo of the Dragons/allowing Dany to fire fireballs while moving around, adding missing battle-model of Edric Storm to the campaign and finally increasing the numbers of all the Wildling units.

Hello, this is a small patch for the latest release of the mod - adding an updated export_descr_units-file to the data-folder of the mod which will increase the numbers of Wildlings in a unit - both me and Firestorm felt that they were too weak and needed to be similar to in AoPK which the balancing is based off of.

All the dragons have twice the ammunition now as I felt they needed more ammo - Dany also has the added ability to fire while moving around making her stronger than the other dragons.

Edric Storm/Gendry wasn't in the campaign for House Renly in battle due to a mistake so he has been added.

And finally the Nights Watch used to be neutral which caused House Stark to invade etc - I've made them allied to everyone in the game except the Wildlings, the rebels, the Others and House Bolton - so expect the border with House Stark to be peaceful now until the Boltons come knocking.

Install by placing the "data"-folder in the main directory of the mod named "GoT" - overwrite the old.

It's not save-game compatible.

Please re-download this patch if you were among the first three people that did download it.. I had forgotten to remove a unit I had added that weren't supposed to be in the file - so it will cause the mod not to start.

Download GoT Patch - Nights Watch diplomacy, Ammo for dragons, Improved Wildlings! - Mod DB

The mod had to be basically re-done on a new map after Peaman ported SoulGamesInc's map replacing the very old, small and outdated alpha-map.

The new version of GoT Enhanced has:

1. A new huge map expanding in Westeros in all directions - with parts of Essos, "Beyond the Wall" and many new regions in Westeros itself.

Campaign Map Playtest - Game of Thrones: Total War Enhanced V. 5.5 - Commenting on the development!

2. More units for most factions, including the first real Wildlings/Freefolk-roster, new dragons, mammoths, giants and such.

3. A huge number of custom heroes with unique models, using heads by the highly skilled TheScouseSicario - the heroes are from most factions and it's 71 new characters - Peaman offered us at least 30 of the models but some of them have been edited afterwards.

4. New Scripts that will spawn the Wildlings, Targaryens and the Others in the campaign on certain turns, expect Daenarys to spawn around turn 51, same with the strongest forces of the Others and the Giants/mammoths of the Wildlings will spawn earlier at about turn 20.

5. The map has new strat-map models for both generals and cities - rigged by mostly Peaman, and a few strat-generals were rigged by Bantu Chieftain.

6. New playable factions - House Targaryen, The Wildlings, The Nights Watch, The Free Cities of Essos and The Others - beware that the last one isn't really supposed to be playable due to this mod being set during season 3 - this means that The Others won't have any units recruitable, and instead will spawn armies at certain turns. This faction is still a WIP and Firestorm didn't intend for it to be playable - but I know that people would want to play as them.

7. New intro-videos for the Wildlings, Free Cities of Essos, The Others and House Targaryen.

8. I've also replaced the Robb Stark-model by Firestorm with the one that Peaman rigged for Fire and Blood, with his permission of course - the model is still in the folder of the mod with an altered name if anyone prefers it over the new one. I think the head of the older one had higher resolution, but the new model is more close to the TV-show in terms of how it looks - and the body also makes it stand-out from Bran, Rickon, Ned and Jon.

9. Moat Cailinn custom settlement from Westeros 1.0 and created by Makayane now works!

10. New "Castle Black" custom settlement made by Makayane for Westeros 1.0 - but never really worked to be played in before.

- Play the game to find out more - it's a vastly improved mod compared to in the past, and it's not final - also the map should be 100% stable, and you don't need to play a custom battle before entering the campaign anymore. Battles might game-lock or CTD but hopefully they don't - I haven't played enough to know for certain. I think it should be very stable!

- Dragons, mammoths and giants might CTD on Windows 10 computers - I am not sure if this is the case or not.

The dragons are re-skinned Warhammer BotET Alt-Cut dragons so if those work on win 10 without a CTD these should work, the Giants are random models and might not be as stable, the mammoths are also from the Warhammer mod mentioned and should hopefully be stable.

Credits (I can't remember everyone at the moment but I will try,):

- Westeros: Total War for the old mod that started it all and for the custom settlements - also makayane for said cities.

- Game of Thrones: Enhanced Submod V 3.0 and earlier - in particular Inarus and his team, because they are the original creators, and made the original art-mod back when the models were all vanilla - they also did the voice-modifications, strat-model cities of the oldest versions, and many of the images and portraits - not to forgot many of the old scripts. Not that many old scripts have been re-implemented yet though.

- Peaman for some battle-models from Fire & Blood, quite a few strat-model generals and cities from Fire & Blood.

- Warhammer Alt-Cut and it's creator Kalla for the Warhammer animations, the dragon models and the mammoths - the skins of the dragons are by Peaman.

- Firestorm for just above half the work on this version - he did edit the new models/units, implement many things on the new map, add new cards and did most of the new stuff seen here. However, I had simultaneously done most f the same work on another version (the original, there were two versions of the mod with the new map and models - one worked on by me and one by Firestorm - but only Firestorms version allowed new scripts - and only with Firestorm's version could we get rid of the old "Play a custom battle first"-bug. So Firestorm had come a bit further than me even though I had pretty much re-added everything from the old version on the new map and after that added the new factions. But I hadn't added the Others or the Free Cities yet - that's when we moved to Firestorms sub-mod and made that the new version.

Mr_Nygren for the same amount of work on the original factions of GoT Enhanced 5.0 bringing them back to Souls map in a different version that we didn't use in the end, I also did implement the Wildlings, the Nights Watch and House Targaryen to it. I added most of Firestorms heroes to it with the help of his already done entries from his sub-mod. And I did implement the custom settlements and a bunch of new units to it, dragons, animations, new portraits. - This was all scraped in favor of Firestorms work on the sub-mod.

- Then I added unique bodyguards to most heroes in the campaign for this release, I did add the Wildling script, I did add the custom settlements to this mod - including tinkering with the Castle Black-settlement and making it load in the mod - it used to crash in Westeros 1.0 when attempting to play a battle there, I did add the new system of armor upgrades for House Bolton, I added a bunch of edits to the game-play, I implemented the new UI changes in the faction selection screen (Firestorm did the map-pictures for the new factions,) I added some strat-models to the mod and what-not.

- Most of the work on the release was done by Firestorm - most of my work were done on the other beta. I did some final stuff before this released though.

- TheScouseSicario for all the wonderful new heads of all the new custom heroes.

- VltimaRatio for all the GoT Enhanced base-models and old models.

- DBM (De Bello Mundi) for the Wildling "Albian/Scottish" custom settlements in battle.

- Makayane for the new "Great Wall" custom settlement in battle - used by Castle Black and the other two castles. - I managed to make it work after some tinkering with the files, as it was in Westeros 1.0 but always did CTD (crash to desktop) when attempting to play a battle there.

- SoulGamesInc (SGI) for the new huge map!

- The Italian "Song of Ice and Fire"-mod and it's creator for the Castle Black strat-model - also in use by the other castles at the wall.

Alright. and that's it - so Peaman sent me a whole bunch of strat-map cities and I am using those with his permisison. I've removed the latest strat-cities made by Inarus because I wasn't sure he would allow them in the mod. The old ones were already in the mod. If there are any strat-map cities still in the mod that Peaman didn't have permission to hand out to me then I will remove them if anyone writes to me - no problem. I saw that he was still using the Inarus-models and they are removed. I can't know who made what settlement though so if there is an issue I'll remove it when told about it.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; February 28, 2021 at 10:06 AM.

- The Havamal

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 5.5 - Released 2021-02-21!

Hello, the 5.5 update had serious issues on win 10 and would CTD (crash to desktop) in many siege battles due to custom settlement-files - I've had to remove certain files in those folders to make the mod run on win 10 without this issue - Moat Cailin had to be removed sadly but the rest are working. I've also added new merchants, priests, diplomats and ships from Peaman with his permission among other things! Redownload! Delete version 5.5 and insert this instead. Has Quality of life-changes!

Join the Discord here: https://discord.com/channels/7177297...29706983817270

Installation:

1. You need to go into the folder named "Medieval II Total War" and then copy the file named "medieval2.exe" - then rename the copied file to kingdoms.exe. This is needed or the mod won't launch with Steam.

2. You do need to patch the medieval2.exe and the kingdoms.exe with a program named "4gb patch" found at this link:

Moddb.com

3. It's a program, extract it anywhere on your computer, then run it as an administrator - then browse to both .exe-files inside of the "Medieval II Total War"-folder and select one of them and click on "patch" - then repeat the process with the other one.

4. You need to have just one folder named "GoT" as in "Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\GoT - and then You'll start it by double-cllicking the executable.bat-file of the mod.

5. With the CD instead it would be "D:\Games\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\GoT - and you'll still start it by double-clicking on the executable.bat-file.

Game of Thrones: Total War Enhanced V. 5.6 (Win 10 compatible)

Download Game of Thrones: Total War Enhanced V. 5.6 (Win 10 compatible) - Mod DB

Hello, the 5.5 update had serious issues on win 10 and would CTD (crash to desktop) in many siege battles due to custom settlement-files - I've had to remove certain files in those folders to make the mod run on win 10 without this issue - Moat Cailin had to be removed sadly but the rest are working.

1. I've also added new merchants, priests, diplomats and ships from Peaman with his permission.

2. Updated textures for some of the old strat-models on the map.

3. Updated Nights Watch diplomacy - they start allied to House Stark, House Lannister and Baratheon of Kings Landing only - cause Stannis, Edmure Tully, Renly, Dany, Balon Greyjoy etc would all declare war on House Stark and each other whenever a faction declared their Kingship, as such the Nights Watch needed to only be allied with these three in order to prevent them from betraying House Stark.

4. Siege Battles work on windows 10 - all the problematic settlements have been fixed, and all the custom settlements also work - including Kings Landing, Highgarden, Dragonstone, Castle Black and the DBM Albian/scottish settlements in use by the Wildlings - Moat Cailin removed due to it causing the Stark Holdfasts to crash. Other files removed as well that caused any southern wooden castle or southern holdfast to crash on windows 10.

5. New UI-update by Firestorm for "southern european"-factions like House Lannister.

6. Updated Kingsguard battle-model by Firestorm - no longer has buggy arms.

7.Updated Nights watch and Wildling strat-models - the strat-models of these factions were glitched and in the case of the Wildlings could turn invisible after a few turns on win 10. They now work as any other strat-model.

8. New winning conditions - At first i re-added all the old victory conditions from 5.0 - then I spent a few hours re-working these to make them more lore-accurate and also possible for the AI to achieve.

In version 5.5 there where no victory conditions and now every faction has a goal.

Redownload the mod by downloading the 5.6 version! Delete version 5.5 and insert this new one instead. Has Quality of life-changes and shouldn't be merged/mixed with older versions of GoT Enhanced including 5.5 - and shouldn't be merged or mixed with Westeros 1.0 neither!

The mod is a stand-alone mod despite being a sub-mod of Westeros originally.

Credits:

Version 5.6:

Mr_Nygren and Firestorm - the work on the update!

Peaman - new merchants, priests, assassins (edited out), spies (edited out), diplomats and ships - implemented by me, but rigged by Peaman!

Older credits for 5.5:

Credits (I can't remember everyone at the moment but I will try,):

- Westeros: Total War for the old mod that started it all and for the custom settlements - also Makayane for said cities. Certain textures for strat-model princesses.

- Game of Thrones: Enhanced Submod V 3.0 and earlier - in particular Inarus and his team, because they are the original creators, and made the original art-mod back when the models were all vanilla - they also did the voice-modifications, strat-model cities of the oldest versions, and many of the images and portraits - not to forgot many of the old scripts. Not that many old scripts have been re-implemented yet though.

- Peaman for some battle-models from Fire & Blood, quite a few strat-model generals and cities from Fire & Blood.

- Warhammer Alt-Cut and it's creator Kalla for the Warhammer animations, the dragon models and the mammoths - the skins of the dragons are by Peaman.

- Firestorm for just above half the work on this version - he did edit the new models/units, implement many things on the new map, add new cards and did most of the new stuff seen here. However, I had simultaneously done most f the same work on another version (the original, there were two versions of the mod with the new map and models - one worked on by me and one by Firestorm - but only Firestorms version allowed new scripts - and only with Firestorm's version could we get rid of the old "Play a custom battle first"-bug. So Firestorm had come a bit further than me even though I had pretty much re-added everything from the old version on the new map and after that added the new factions. But I hadn't added the Others or the Free Cities yet - that's when we moved to Firestorms sub-mod and made that the new version.
    Mr_Nygren for the same amount of work on the original factions of GoT Enhanced 5.0 bringing them back to Souls map in a different version that we didn't use in the end, I also did implement the Wildlings, the Nights Watch and House Targaryen to it. I added most of Firestorms heroes to it with the help of his already done entries from his sub-mod. And I did implement the custom settlements and a bunch of new units to it, dragons, animations, new portraits. - This was all scraped in favor of Firestorms work on the sub-mod.

- Then I added unique bodyguards to most heroes in the campaign for this release, I did add the Wildling script, I did add the custom settlements to this mod - including tinkering with the Castle Black-settlement and making it load in the mod - it used to crash in Westeros 1.0 when attempting to play a battle there, I did add the new system of armor upgrades for House Bolton, I added a bunch of edits to the game-play, I implemented the new UI changes in the faction selection screen (Firestorm did the map-pictures for the new factions,) I added some strat-models to the mod and what-not.

- Most of the work on the release was done by Firestorm - most of my work were done on the other beta. I did some final stuff before this released though.

- TheScouseSicario for all the wonderful new heads of all the new custom heroes.

- VltimaRatio for all the GoT Enhanced base-models and old models.

- DBM (De Bello Mundi) for the Wildling "Albian/Scottish" custom settlements in battle.

- Makayane for the new "Great Wall" custom settlement in battle - used by Castle Black and the other two castles. - I managed to make it work after some tinkering with the files, as it was in Westeros 1.0 but always did CTD (crash to desktop) when attempting to play a battle there.

- SoulGamesInc (SGI) for the new huge map!

- The Italian "Song of Ice and Fire"-mod and it's creator for the Castle Black strat-model - also in use by the other castles at the wall.
    Check this earlier article for older changes:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/game-of-t...-v-55-released

WIP-stuff by Firestorm that isn't released yet:

House Stark strat-models:

New building-pictures:

House Bolton strat-models:

House Tully strat-models:

House Arryn and Royce strat-models:

New captain for the Baratheon of Kings Landing-faction:

House Florent strat-map generals for House Stannis:

House Renly strat-map models:

Remade Stannis Baratheon (I kind of like the older Stannis more):

New Lannister Guard Pikemen:

Lannister Men-at-arms (light swordsmen):

Upgraded men-at-arms:

Altered Second Sons:

Elite Unsullied Targaryen bodyguards:

Improved Tyrion Lannister (The Imp):

Reach strat-models:

Hightower strat-models:

Dornish strat-models for House Dayne, Yronwood and Martell:

New unit_info cards by Firestorm:

I believe the horse is from a card that Peaman made in 2.2 of Fire & Blood.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; April 19, 2021 at 07:26 PM.

- The Havamal

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 5.5 - Released 2021-02-21!

House Stark strat-models:

House Bolton strat-models:

House Tully strat-models:

House Arryn and Royce strat-models:

New captain for the Baratheon of Kings Landing-faction:

House Florent strat-map generals for House Stannis:

House Renly strat-map models:

Remade Stannis Baratheon (I kind of like the older Stannis more):

[SPOILER]

Reach strat-models:

Hightower strat-models:

Dornish strat-models for House Dayne, Yronwood and Martell:

I believe the horse is from a card that Peaman made in 2.2 of Fire & Blood.
    Some of these character strat map models looks like the ones I created while others look like they have had minor changes, granted there are new ones which look great.
    Last edited by PeaMan; April 22, 2021 at 09:41 AM. Reason: typo

Some of these character strat map models looks like the ones I created while others look like they have had minor changes, granted there are new ones which look great.
    Noted, I do believe Firestorm only has the skill to edit existing models so he probably altered yours and the old ones.

- The Havamal