Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 5.6 - Released 2021-05-11! - Retro Submod by Firestorm released in 2022!

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.5 and future versions!

The bug has returned after i tried to fix things in the recent version, as the files somehow were affected - they seem to have the same changes but now it CTD:s again.

The only positive being i can enter the campaign without playing a custom battle first.. But CTD:s at turn nr 2 or five ain't very fun.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.5 and future versions!

Downloading the 4.6 patch has reversed my got music for some reason, any ideas why?

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

A tip:
    If you have Rusichi mod installed.
    Go to data/unit_models/mounts and find Marka medium horse/textures for their normal map one.
    Copy the normal map of the body from that texture and paste it/adjust it to the one you have made for your horses.
    That way horses will look natural. All mods that use MARKA horses "forget" that detail.
    Look how "alive" MARKA horses look after aplying MARKA horse body normal mapping:

Even black body reveals all its muscular system! Not to mention vains and eyes!!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    A tip:
    If you have Rusichi mod installed.
    Go to data/unit_models/mounts and find Marka medium horse/textures for their normal map one.
    Copy the normal map of the body from that texture and paste it/adjust it to the one you have made for your horses.
    That way horses will look natural. All mods that use MARKA horses "forget" that detail.
    Look how "alive" MARKA horses look after aplying MARKA horse body normal mapping:

Even black body reveals all its muscular system! Not to mention vains and eyes!!
    Thanks for pointing that out, thought the textures looked a bit off but couldn't put my finger on how.

Updated the Bolton heavy armor and added a new helmet, like the old one but with a visor, actually found a picture of a real medieval helmet just like that and figured it would be perfect for the Boltons.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boltonheavy.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	275.7 KB 
ID:	347439
    Winter is Coming

Quote Originally Posted by Lukewilkins123 View Post
    Downloading the 4.6 patch has reversed my got music for some reason, any ideas why?
    Yes, because the music ain't included with the download and you almost certainly added it yourself to the old version.

You need to do that again.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Centenarius

Mr_Nygren, there are any information in the detailed log after these CTDS at turn 2 or 5? Have you tried following uanime5's guide?
    Temporarily retired from modding.

Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafthero View Post
    Mr_Nygren, there are any information in the detailed log after these CTDS at turn 2 or 5? Have you tried following uanime5's guide?
    No, not any information of any use.

I thought i did fix it yesterday as i managed to play for 100 turns but i didn't create a backup-rar - instead i changed the name and tried the same thing on another version. But somehow this caused the files to be negatively affected - because when renaming the working mod to the name of the other in order to test it and possibly improve upon it - it started crashing again.

And now i can't seem to get it to work past turn 2 or 5 even if i unrar the backup i had saved as a rar-file before i fixed it.

So i don't have any clue why it's not working. And to re-do the work on the uploaded version will take the whole month probably.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; July 28, 2017 at 03:36 PM.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by VltimaRatio View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out, thought the textures looked a bit off but couldn't put my finger on how.

Updated the Bolton heavy armor and added a new helmet, like the old one but with a visor, actually found a picture of a real medieval helmet just like that and figured it would be perfect for the Boltons.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boltonheavy.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	275.7 KB 
ID:	347439
    Should we release the "almost finished version"?

Custom battles work fine and the campaign would probably work great for a few factions. The rebels worked great etc - it's just if one plays as the Lannisters or possibly a few others it may have game breaking issues in the campaign.

- It would still work as a release until the stable one has been updated.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Should we release the "almost finished version"?

Custom battles work fine and the campaign would probably work great for a few factions. The rebels worked great etc - it's just if one plays as the Lannisters or possibly a few others it may have game breaking issues in the campaign.

- It would still work as a release until the stable one has been updated.
    I've made similar upgrades to Freys and stuff and finished the Tyrells, I think if we did the remaining unit types for the major factions at least then maybe. My updates may take some time to implement cause I changed EDU and I'm assuming you did too for balancing, but I'll send you my additions.

The new map version will be the definitive campaign at this point anyway, almost little point working on it if it's gonna be replaced. If that good map is gonna be made public when those mods are released it would be cool if we could have a look and start working on it and just not release anything until it's been made public, but I guess that's up to the people behind that and I understand if they'd keep it for now.

Any case I won't be able to do much past this week so if you feel what's done so far makes for a release that's cool, kind of like 4.65 or something. I'll see if I can add a few more things though.
    Winter is Coming

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

You indulge us, people!

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Update thread title

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Bulk View Post
    Update thread title
    This can only be done by moderators of the Westeros forum - don't ask things of ordinary members that we cannot do.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by VltimaRatio View Post
    I've made similar upgrades to Freys and stuff and finished the Tyrells, I think if we did the remaining unit types for the major factions at least then maybe. My updates may take some time to implement cause I changed EDU and I'm assuming you did too for balancing, but I'll send you my additions.

The new map version will be the definitive campaign at this point anyway, almost little point working on it if it's gonna be replaced. If that good map is gonna be made public when those mods are released it would be cool if we could have a look and start working on it and just not release anything until it's been made public, but I guess that's up to the people behind that and I understand if they'd keep it for now.

Any case I won't be able to do much past this week so if you feel what's done so far makes for a release that's cool, kind of like 4.65 or something. I'll see if I can add a few more things though.
    i will think out a solution as i believe we should have a big release otherwise everything has been in vain - i am just sick and tired of the thought of re-doing everything from a very early stage.

It would also confuse alot because of the great number of separate updates. Of course i could just copy/paste from the unstable version and test each time but it might still get confusing. A release with custom battles only where we state that the campaign "might work or not" for certain factions could be an alternative. Who knows, maybe someone else manages to fix the problem? CTD:s ain't my strong side. Otherwise re-adding everything will take most of the next month.. Which is bad because then my other projects may not be done in time. As i will unfortunately not have free time full-time after august is up..

So any development after next month will take much longer to complete due to limited free-time.

SGI said he would contact me regarding the map when it's about to be ready so he would happily add the map to GoT. But i think we still need a stable Game of Thrones to add it into - otherwise the CTD might survive..

- The Havamal

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

This can only be done by moderators of the Westeros forum - don't ask things of ordinary members that we cannot do.
    That message was for them but think thread creator can too
    Last edited by Incredible Bulk; July 30, 2017 at 08:03 AM.

This can only be done by moderators of the Westeros forum
    Double-click the thread on the forum page, you can change your own thread(s) names mate.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    Double-click the thread on the forum page, you can change your own thread(s) names mate.
    Oh, didn't know that - there are a couple of threads with wrong names one could change now. - Thanks!

Btw, i just got the final additions to Game of Thrones for this time.

I will most likely focus on making the uploaded version stable with all these additions for a big part of august. I am hoping we can have a release at the end of august of GoT.

- The Havamal

It doesn't work for me..

It seems to work but when i am about to write in the changes then the first page loades. It seems one doesn't have the time to write in a new title.

- The Havamal

It seems to work but when i am about to write in the changes then the first page loades.
    Just stop the page from loading once the text box shows up, top left of your browser usually. + Click the background not the actual title/text.
    Edit: Like this - https://i.gyazo.com/2185e9726646ea18...e7e15e2391.mp4 - if that loads. Never used the Gif function before...

Just stop the page from loading once the text box shows up, top left of your browser usually. + Click the background not the actual title/text.
    Edit: Like this - https://i.gyazo.com/2185e9726646ea18...e7e15e2391.mp4 - if that loads. Never used the Gif function before...
    I see, i clicked on the text itself.

Thanks.

- The Havamal

I just want to see how awesome and exciting it is to see GoT fans creating such great artwork (mods). This mod has been one of my favorites. I want to thank you for all of your hard work and effort. I think finally add DANY and the dragons is a wondeful idea. Keep up the hard work and if you need anyone to BETA it, I would LOVE to be apart of that process. I know alot about MTW2: Kingdoms and Game of Thrones Lore so Im aways willing to lend a helping hand.

TJ