Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 112627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 5.6 - Released 2021-05-11! - Retro Submod by Firestorm released in 2022!

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Game of Thrones: Total War - New thread for 4.9.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyesftw View Post
    How do I play as all factions?
    Multiplayer/hotseat campaign.

Click on every faction and start - make sure all are blinking as selected.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Is it compatible with WTW 1.0 Beta?

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado Outlaw View Post
    Is it compatible with WTW 1.0 Beta?
    No, this mod is based on the old Westeros Alpha from 2011.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Then which is better, the new version, or your submod?

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado Outlaw View Post
    Then which is better, the new version, or your submod?
    The only things that are better in the sub-mod is the show-based models, show-based music, show-based videos, show-based cards etc - otherwise the 1.0 version is much better. But it's mainly based on the books.

- The Havamal

King Joffrey Baratheon Hero model with Kingsguard bodyguard!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

King Joffrey Hero has been added, and i've created the unit cards for the Lannister Longbowmen and the Casterly Rock Longbowmen - shared with House Lannister.

Tywin Lannister Hero Model added!

I've implemented the Tywin Lannister hero model to House Lannister.

Tywin Lannister hero added, Lannister Longbowmen and Casterly Rock Longbowmen Unit Cards made as well.

House Frey roster updated!

Frey Pikemen, Frey Halberds and Mooton Longbowmen unit cards have been made.

Lord Roose Bolton, Warden of the North Hero added!

The Roose Bolton model made by VltimaRatio in late summer 2017, it wasn't rigged and Bantu Chieftain (modeler of Warcraft Total War) helped me rig him - then i fixed his crucifixion issue after advice from TWC by adding missing comments to his model parts.

Stannis the Mannis Baratheon, the One True King Hero model added!

Stannis Baratheon hero added to the mod, made by VltimaRatio in the late summer of 2017, rigged by WarcraftTW modeler Bantu Chieftain in february of 2019 - and with the crucifixion-issue fixed by me after advice from TWC.

House of Stannis roster updated!

House of Stannis factional roster updated with a Stannis Baratheon hero model. Mountain Axemen mercs have a new unit-card made by me on may 2 as well.

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; September 03, 2019 at 08:36 PM.

- The Havamal

House of Renly roster updated!

Hello, i've created the seven missing unit-cards for House Renly - the Penrose Bowmen, Longbowmen, Swordsmen, Halberdiers, Pikemen, Spearmen and Cavalry.

House Tyrell updated!

I've created the missing unit-cards for the Hightower Swordsmen, and the Tarly Mounted Crossbowmen.

House Martell updated!

I've created the missing unit-cards for the Martell Swordsmen and the Martell Cavalry.

Dothraki factional roster updated with unit-cards!

The unit-cards of the Dothraki faction has been created by me.

House Targaryen roster updated with unit-cards!

I've now finished creating all the missing unit-cards for House Targaryen, only Daenarys, the Dragons and the Unsullied had been done in the old version. The rest were finished during this night and yesterday.

With the unit-cards of House Targaryen completed i can now move on to fixing the symbols of the menu, then implement the heroes Roose, Stannis, Joffrey, Tywin and Jamie to the campaign, and custom settlements from 1.0 to the campaign (i do have permission for those settlements) and after this there may be a few voice-recordings i could add for some characters. And if we are lucky maybe Cruciato76 have some models or fixed models.

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; September 03, 2019 at 10:48 PM.

- The Havamal

Awsome work nygren. Glad to see you back working on this. Are you still going to port all this to fire and blood. Including the custom settlements.?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralG View Post
    Awsome work nygren. Glad to see you back working on this. Are you still going to port all this to fire and blood. Including the custom settlements.?
    Yes, the heroes are implemented, and the custom settlements - but i have trouble getting the techtree and the Moat Cailin settlement to work.

I will have to implement new buildings into the EDB for the techtree to work. And Moat Cailin is a Mottle and Bailley in 1.0, while it is a castle in 0.53. So there needs to be some changes to make it show up. The Martell Capital also had issues showing based on similar reasons.
    Highgarden and King's Landing do work, but they also lack their buildable stuff from the techtree - such as a garden, flowers etc for Highgarden, and the Grand Sept of Baelor for Kings Landing. I am now trying to solve these issues.

Of course everything will be moved over to Fire and Blood after this has been updated. But unlike in this mod i will need to code in many units to certain factions that i've added in may already for those to have any units. And Fire and Blood could potentially have three campaigns, unless i scrap two because of too much work - but i will try to keep at least two campaigns. The "Winds of Winter"-campaign would need to be re-made from one of the other two which is some work indeed.

Yeah, i do plan to port the custom settlements to it as well (as the permission is for all the mods based on Westeros 1.0 and 0.53 - only GoT-mods based on the Italian or German mod are not allowed to use them - and possibly any other mod not using Westeros or it's alpha as a base) as add more units to the Wildlings. I might even add a different Dragon because the one in GoT Enhanced is so ugly.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.09.04 - 09.43.46.07.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.09.04 - 09.43.05.41.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.09.04 - 09.43.18.74.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.09.04 - 09.46.14.53.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.09.04 - 09.46.29.32.jpg  

Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.09.04 - 10.04.33.74.jpg  
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; September 04, 2019 at 06:34 PM.

- The Havamal

Got a fair bit of work to do then. It would be good if you could do a winds of winter scenario. As well as wofk start.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralG View Post
    Got a fair bit of work to do then. It would be good if you could do a winds of winter scenario. As well as wofk start.
    I do believe the Wo5K is already in the game. But all the campaigns will need work and a few tweaks. The WoW-campaign is kind of not begun, but fortunately there are other mods to look at for inspiration.

- The Havamal

Hello, i've updated the Game of Thrones Enhanced SUBMOD for the first time in two years now. It's on version 5.0 now. It didn't get the rest of the minor faction units, as it would be a waste to add them here if we are going to work on F&B later anyway.

However, it does include the rest of the unit-cards, most symbols/banners done, new Roose/Stannis/Joffrey/Tywin-custom model heroes in the custom battles and in the campaign, custom settlements from Westeros 1.0 by Makayane excluding the Moat Cailin-settlement due to trouble implementing it - it might be added in a patch later, fixed some silver surfer units in the Nights Watch-roster etc. Might have done additional smaller changes.

This version of the mod is stand-alone, and doesn't require any previous version to be installed first. Simply delete and remove any older version.

The old issue with needing to play a quick-battle first, before entering the campaign - does remain. If the mod CTD when attempting to start a quick-battle, then simply try again - it will CTD from time to time but it shouldn't happen often.

As for the campaign-stability you should expect the same as in 4.9.

The mod isn't MAC-compatible in this version. Any MAC-version won't have the custom settlements because they do not work on a MAC, just like the custom siege engines. But i will update the MAC-compatible version with the symbols, cards and the heroes.

Download-link:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/game-of-t...-enhanced-v-50
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.10.03 - 23.57.04.53.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.10.03 - 23.58.08.71.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.10.03 - 23.58.28.42.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.10.03 - 23.41.49.30.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.10.03 - 23.45.49.37.jpg  

Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.10.03 - 23.45.57.54.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.10.03 - 23.47.57.06.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.10.03 - 23.51.04.68.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.10.03 - 23.51.52.77.jpg  

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Hello, i've updated the Game of Thrones Enhanced SUBMOD for the first time in two years now. It's on version 5.0 now. It didn't get the rest of the minor faction units, as it would be a waste to add them here if we are going to work on F&B later anyway.

However, it does include the rest of the unit-cards, most symbols/banners done, new Roose/Stannis/Joffrey/Tywin-custom model heroes in the custom battles and in the campaign, custom settlements from Westeros 1.0 by Makayane excluding the Moat Cailin-settlement due to trouble implementing it - it might be added in a patch later, fixed some silver surfer units in the Nights Watch-roster etc. Might have done additional smaller changes.

This version of the mod is stand-alone, and doesn't require any previous version to be installed first. Simply delete and remove any older version.

The old issue with needing to play a quick-battle first, before entering the campaign - does remain. If the mod CTD when attempting to start a quick-battle, then simply try again - it will CTD from time to time but it shouldn't happen often.

As for the campaign-stability you should expect the same as in 4.9.

The mod isn't MAC-compatible in this version. Any MAC-version won't have the custom settlements because they do not work on a MAC, just like the custom siege engines. But i will update the MAC-compatible version with the symbols, cards and the heroes.

Download-link:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/game-of-t...-enhanced-v-50
    Forgive the possibly stupid and naive question but how come Third Age Total War custom settlements work but these don't? Are they designed differently?

Quote Originally Posted by davies1994 View Post
    Forgive the possibly stupid and naive question but how come Third Age Total War custom settlements work but these don't? Are they designed differently?
    I didn't think any custom settlement work on a MAC. If Third Age custom settlements do work, then these should as well - but custom siege engines did not. They're the only difference between the MAC-version and the 4.9 version for Windows.

- The Havamal

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Croaton's Avatar Libertus

Is everything okay with the new 5.0 file? I have downloaded it, 2 270 339 306 bytes, and it is an invalid *.rar archive, cannot be extracted. I cannot even look into it :/

UPDATE: solved, had Winrar 4.2 , it was an old program version. You need 5.2 and then it extracts
    Last edited by Croaton; October 09, 2019 at 03:29 PM.
    "Every man dies. Not every man truly lives."

Was not expecting this, version 5.0 of the Game of Thrones Enhanced Mod for Medieval 2: Total War. The first video I did for this mod is really what put my channel on the YouTube map, so I hope this video is able to help out close to 50k people also :slight_smile: Great job with this mod always fun to play Game of Thrones Total War. Please let me know in the comments if you run into any issues! The link to the mod is in the first comment.

Check out my YouTube channel below for more Total War and RTS content!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpN...D0sUA4XWG9U_pw

Quote Originally Posted by zachman1201 View Post
    Was not expecting this, version 5.0 of the Game of Thrones Enhanced Mod for Medieval 2: Total War. The first video I did for this mod is really what put my channel on the YouTube map, so I hope this video is able to help out close to 50k people also :slight_smile: Great job with this mod always fun to play Game of Thrones Total War. Please let me know in the comments if you run into any issues! The link to the mod is in the first comment.

Good job man, this release weren't the big release i had planed - but i'm positive there will be a "5.0 Completed" update thanks to Peaman, as he has managed to add a new map to the mod, which will also remove that "play a quickbattle before starting the campaign"-issue.

I'm going to add all the factions to the campaign, add "The Others" as well, implement new Dragons with new projectiles as the current ones are ugly - and i will add the remaining minor house units.

I'm just waiting for Peaman to send me his WIP. He has already added a much better map to this mod. I just don't have that version yet.

- The Havamal

Just wanted to let you (Nyman and Peaman I guess) know that I am very glad that there are still people working on Game of Thrones mods, especially because these have the show units

Hopefully the two of you (and others if I missed anyone) will be able to get atleast one scenario fleshed out, so with all units working and some decent balance in terms of costs and stats - perhaps I ask for too much, but that is one of the main issues this mod had when I played it last time

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkers View Post
    Just wanted to let you (Nyman and Peaman I guess) know that I am very glad that there are still people working on Game of Thrones mods, especially because these have the show units

Hopefully the two of you (and others if I missed anyone) will be able to get atleast one scenario fleshed out, so with all units working and some decent balance in terms of costs and stats - perhaps I ask for too much, but that is one of the main issues this mod had when I played it last time
    I'm not going to touch costs and balance, sorry.

I'm just expanding GoT Enhanced as it has a new map that peaman ported to it. - More factions, more units, larger scale - but i won't touch numbers.

- The Havamal