Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Wambat's Rhovanion Campaign LP

Default Re: Wambat's Rhovanion Campaign LP

I need to get a bit more creative to help expand the reach of advertising but haven't had the time to work anything else out. I am sure I will eventually, but am very happy to take suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Wambat View Post
    I'm starting to watch this only now. You are a very good player, and I'm learning a lot, although I don't think I have the patience for all of these tricks, and some of them seem a bit power-gamish to me.

Also, at one point in the quoted episode, you wondered why Dale wouldn't give you any money for map informations. Isn't that because you already sold your intel to the dwarves? All factions that are part of a permanent alliance have shared visibility, so Dale would already know your map from the dwarves.

EDIT: I now realize this theory doesn't make as much sense as I thought, but it is strange that this map information issue only happens with factions that belong to a permanent alliance. I remember that in vanilla, once I had traded my map info to one Roman family, the others would no longer be interested in it. So this has to be a factor somehow.
    Last edited by The Sloth; June 01, 2018 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sloth View Post
    I'm starting to watch this only now. You are a very good player, and I'm learning a lot, although I don't think I have the patience for all of these tricks, and some of them seem a bit power-gamish to me.

Also, at one point in the quoted episode, you wondered why Dale wouldn't give you any money for map informations. Isn't that because you already sold your intel to the dwarves? All factions that are part of a permanent alliance have shared visibility, so Dale would already know your map from the dwarves.

EDIT: I now realize this theory doesn't make as much sense as I thought, but it is strange that this map information issue only happens with factions that belong to a permanent alliance. I remember that in vanilla, once I had traded my map info to one Roman family, the others would no longer be interested in it. So this has to be a factor somehow.
    I would not be suprised if my playstyle falls precisely into the catagory of "power-gaming", though I was not previously familiar with the expression. I have no doubt that you are right about factions not being interested in your map information once they have that information from another sourse, and I couuld easily have overlooked that durring gameplay. Nevertheless, offering map information can still be useful as a way of promting the AI to bring their own offers to the table, though I have recently learned that offering 100 mirian can be even more conducive to positive results.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast