Thread: Recruiting people who knows how to work with Blender for WotN!

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Recruiting people who knows how to work with Blender for WotN!

Hello, i have gotten files from VltimaRatio that he made some time ago - i mentioned Wrath of the Norsemen and he said he had created a new unit for this mod - based on the hirdmen-picture as seen on the MODDB-page, after he had watched The Last Kingdom. He wanted to restore WotN but lost interest after being almost done with one unit.

I have the Blender-files and there is enough for many different weapons, variation in shield-textures and upgrade-variations - as there are both cloth and chain-mail textures available. Maybe even leather etc. The files are here but i'll need someone who can handle such files and create models by using already finished model-files.

It also needs to be riged. Anyone?

Edit:
    VltimaRatio gave me the following explanation:

"I'm afraid the wotn model isn't rigged, it's a blender file (blender is free though). I based it on the hird concept art on the mod db page, it has chainmail and a pointed helmet with noseguard. Also a non-chainmail version of the tunic. The psd file can be used to duplicate items and change the materials by copying and pasting layer settings to change things to chainmail, leather, cloth etc. and the shields in the attachments can be edited for colour. Only two varieties in there now though, I never got around to finishing it just put it in the archive cause you mentioned wotn and I thought it might be useful. Could be used for regular vikings without chainmail or elites or anything. Even anglo saxon or non-norse units I guess. More a resource than a finished unit."
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; January 06, 2017 at 04:33 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: Recruiting people who knows how to work with Blender for WotN!

Feel free to apply for joining the hidden developers-forum if you wanna help with contributing to this MOD! But also make sure to state what you can contribute with.

If you help with fixing the models, you'll also get access to the WotN Grand Campaign BETA.

Link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/profi...editusergroups
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Default Re: Recruiting people who knows how to work with Blender for WotN!

The new unit model is based on this picture from the MODDB-site - showing off a Hirdman-bodyguard unit:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Based on VltimaRatios skills as a unit modeller - i'd say it will be very much alike, and based on the textures it is.

Many different variations are possible as stated above, such as cloth/leather/mail, sword/axe/spear/halberd etc or helmet/googles/face. Even different textures on the shield.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hirdmanndetailih5.jpg  

- The Havamal