Thread: 12TPY And Supply/No Supply

Default 12TPY And Supply/No Supply

First I want to say, I have played the first EB for many many hours and love it as the number one RTW mod for me, as such finding out that EB II has come into existence in a reasonably functional state as a M2TW mod has made me quite happy.

With that said in mind I do have two caveats from what I've played so far, I find that 4TPY with one turn only representing each season means characters age too fast, and that the time afforded reasonably for campaigning is quite limited (As I try to avoid campaigning in winter for instance).
    Additionally, I'm usually not a fan of supply systems in mods, as I find it to be more of a nuisance rather than an addition, with that said, if the supply system were to be applied to 12TPY, affording me more time, I might not mind it so much, alternatively, I'd want it removed altogether, as unrealistic and a-historical as that is.

Believe me when I say that my respect for the amount of attention and detail you have put into the historical flair of this mod is immeasurable, I played EB 1 for many many hours and I believe this will be no exception, however, I would like to modify the elements that I've mentioned for my own enjoyment.

The problem is that I don't think I can just drop the 12TPY files into EB 2 without breaking its function, such as the seasons/campaign script or other things.
    Additionally I'm not sure how to remove/modify the supply system cleanly.

I'd appreciate any feedback on this.

Edit : Found the supply related coding in export_desc_character_traits, looking through it.

~Regards RCOG.
    Last edited by RCOG; January 06, 2017 at 05:33 AM.

Default Re: 12TPY And Supply/No Supply

What you're proposing is a massive undertaking. Scripts, traits, ancillaries - just off the top of my head - are all predicated on 4 turns per year. You'd have to go through them all and revise any time-based counters.

And no, you couldn't drop any pre-existing mod directly in, what is already present is far too complicated to allow a simple overwrite.

If I comment out the supply related code in export_desc_character_traits, does it mean the supply system is disabled or is there additional code I'm unaware of?.

Also yes I know the 12TPY thing would be a considerable undertaking, but I'm thinking on actually doing it for personal preference.

~Regards RCOG.

Hey RCOG, did you make some progress yet?