Page 374 of 378 FirstFirst ... 274324349364365366367368369370371372373374375376377378 LastLast
Results 7,461 to 7,480 of 7559

Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Nothing for AI was added in small patch, just unit fixes pretty much.
    I have played Pergamon campaign on VH and it was madness, almost every faction which could see me - declared war on me, It was super hard. Then I played two more VH campaigns as Scythes and Hayq and those campaign went much easier. Maybe AI aggressiveness should grow as Player gets bigger but then again it is always should be complex vision of how to do it.

I think campaign AI in general is at best state this mod ever had, I don't know what you did but it seems like you cut all the stupid things AI used to do (join wars on the other part of the map and send troops there, join useless alliances and so on). Enjoyable experience even though I have played on millions old PC.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Clegane View Post
    I'm sure i don't have a conflict since I only use DEI . Playing as Rome VH/N, i have Latium and Magna Grecia provinces only. some factions don't want to trade, like for example Rhodos, but some are too eager. I just got trade agreement and 4k gold from Trapezos, basic chance of success of trade agreement was high. I might try hardcore mod but with only CAI aggresion, the economy stuff is way too much for me. I just wish AI doesn't give up gold when you initiate trade deal. They are probably siting on 10k gold and are willing to let me rob them
    Quote Originally Posted by Vardano View Post
    Hi guys,

I will write more impressions later, but with latest update game become very challenging but after you have released last small patch AI is not so aggressive anymore. Am I right?
    Honestly, Rome's (Total War's in general) AI, even after all these optimizations, is still random.
    So I guess it's a matter of pure luck.

Idk if this is possible to implement.. havent experimented just yet.. but thought Id jump the shark and share the idea that it would be neat if Agents were recruited more discriminately than they currently are via release by tech.

Meaning, Diplomats/Gubnas would instead be recruited and upgraded from civilian academic buildings (temples, schools/libraries, healers, etc) Champions from high level military and military academic buildings, and spies from high level govt buildings.

as always, thanks for making R2 playable.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kong
    Hey moonflower, just wanted to say that your descriptions are indeed the best, so I will use all of them, of course. Regards

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

yeah, it would be possible (via script)
    don't think we'll ever do that, though

ps. all hails to king kong

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post

ps. all hails to king kong
    <3 agree.

he used some of my unit descriptions for his Third Age TW mod; that quote was from his pm to me.
    T.T
    was a great day.

speaking of descriptions... I'm considering adding more flavor to faction and party/family descriptions. I'd like to offer this one up for Carthage copy pasted from the startpos_factions_dei.loc i edited:

Carthage (Qart-Hadasht) or “New City” was once a Phoenician sea-trading colony on the North African coast in modern day Tunisia. Aristotle wrote in his "Politics" treatise that Carthage's system of governance was one to be thoroughly examined, as it was a unique democratic system that had not suffered any known revolts; a system that had learned a method of how to placate its citizenry and subjects, both.

Carthage was founded by a descendant of the Kingdom of Tyre, the Princess Elissa of Tyre. Young and newly widowed, the deposed princess fled from her murderous brother, Pygmalion, according to myth, crossed the sea, and founded Carthage in about 814 BC as Queen Dido, on a sizeable track of land she won from local Numidian tribes in a game of wits. Carthage, its location strategically chosen, soon flourished into the maritime commercial power of and gatekeeper to most of the southern and western trade routes of the Mediterranean Sea. Because of Carthage's legendary enterprising, Tyrian purple still to this day is a premiere color dye that signifies royalty. Such are the blessings of BaÂ’al Hammon to his faithful.

278 BC: The Carthaginians are a devout, industrious people who have spent generations struggling to dominate the shipping trading of the western Mediterranean Sea. This has inevitably brought them into conflict with expanding Greek colonies and with the upstart Romans. Pioneers, traders and wise statesmen they may be by ancestry, they have since become warriors through necessity, and quite strategic warriors at that. Carthage has learned to turn its silver into swords!

Though primarily an unrivaled naval power, with bustling trades routes stretching as far as Persia, Cameroon, and Britain, Carthage's astute use of fierce, plentiful mercenaries and its awe-inspiring domestication and application of North African Forest Elephants for war has secured themselves as the power to be reckoned with on the Mediterranean Sea: The Carthaginian Empire, the only power in antiquity to have come close to arresting the rise of a burgeoning Roman Empire.

(the  symbols are from formatting)
    Last edited by Moonflower; May 15, 2022 at 07:37 PM.
    Hey moonflower, just wanted to say that your descriptions are indeed the best, so I will use all of them, of course. Regards

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

I want to make a request to DEI team.

could you guys update the Empire divided campaign with DEI style in the future? or near future? with historical garrison and historical legions etc.

because Divide et Impera is the best mod in RTW2 and it's sad to see the Empire divided was abandonded..

3rd century crisis is a interesting era
    Last edited by L. D. Aurelianus Augustus; May 13, 2022 at 01:11 PM.

hey its me MF here w another carthage suggestion/ request

It would be awesome to see an eastern and Hellenistic blend in buildings for Carthage, like how you guys did for Pontus/ pontic culture.

I've gone ahead and experimented and it looks great. I think it would be a good addition. I always felt carthage was missing palm trees lol

cheers

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220515173454_1.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	367347

Semisalis

First time playing since last update, I noticed a memorable AOR unit seems to be missing. Claudio Arjos from Galatia don't seem to appear in the latest version. I loaded that save from last year and while they were still in my army, they couldn't be recruited anymore. Did they get the axe?

Minor Request. I believe that the Crane Mechanics '+2 Growth in all provinces' bonus in the Construction Technology branch for Rome occurs too late to make a difference. If you ever decide to rework those technologies again, maybe replace that with something else or move the +2 growth somewhere at the early stage of Level 2 in Construction?

https://imgur.com/a/NXACmmc

Question: Is there a way to see an enemy unit's 'unit card' in a battle? I can only see my units information; all I get when I hover over an enemy unit is their moral status and the Latin(?) name.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

right click on the specific AI card perhaps?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

It means you play above Normal battle difficulty.

On Hard and above you dont see enemy stats (which are also heavily buffed).
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    It means you play above Normal battle difficulty.

On Hard and above you dont see enemy stats (which are also heavily buffed).
    Ah ok that's why then. I was hoping to see their English names but I'll just explore around for a sub mod or in custom.

Hello DEI team,

First of all, THANK YOU for making Rome 2 the game it was supposed to be. I have been waiting for many years for you to finally adjust the tech tree in the Rise of Rome campaign so that I can finally play the campaign with DEI. The tech tree still shows the normal techs from the big campaign, although the techs in the Rise of Rome campaign are completely different (texts and effects on the faction, i.e. diplomacy, finances, etc.).

It would be great if you could adjust this! And while I'm writing a post: More events would be great. In Rome 1, there were these event messages that had no gameplay influence, but simply gave the player information about what was happening in the world (for example, information about the founding of the Greek Stoia). something like that would be very cool :-)

Thanks for your great and tireless work!

Patrician

We already have event messages for each year passing and what happened in "real world" at that date. You get it each 4 turns, hence when each year passes.

Silius Saurus's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

I find the stack spam highly annoying. Nations a third of my size can field armies three times as big as I can afford. Bug, feature, hard coded?
    "If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly". -- Nick Lappos

GourmetGorilla's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by L. D. Aurelianus Augustus View Post
    I want to make a request to DEI team.

could you guys update the Empire divided campaign with DEI style in the future? or near future? with historical garrison and historical legions etc.

because Divide et Impera is the best mod in RTW2 and it's sad to see the Empire divided was abandonded..

3rd century crisis is a interesting era
    I completely agree, but from what I understand, it was because they didn't think it was worth the time to edit the startpos file. I hope they'll reconsider eventually. The Restitutor Orbis reskin was great.

I've been really enjoying the way Tarantine Cavalry got spiced up by giving them precursor javelins right before the charge, as the only unit in the game ( if I'm not mistaken ).
    Now seeing that you intend to give the Iberians a little touch up, I thought it would be a great way to make them a bit more special by giving a few of their lighter/ambush infantry units the same ability to emphasise on their quick striking/ambush playstyle and add just a little more flavour to them.

Patrician

Precursor projectiles make AI infantry units zombie rush forward without waiting for rest of infantry, while they also bug out mid charge, neither being able to use javelins or their charge. This is why no infantry unit in DeI has it.

Instead we added new unit behavior/class for Iberians, which are their melee skirmishers, 300 sized ranged infantry units, that have same behavior like skirmishers due to having skirmish ability. You can see them by having more javelins than normal melee units. Their downside is lower mass and HP than regular infantry but still above ranged infantry, not to mention higher unit size.

Thanks to skirmish ability, these units in hands of AI will try hit and run attacks, rather than bugged precursor attacks that would make them suicide charge in front of army.

Quote Originally Posted by GourmetGorilla View Post
    I completely agree, but from what I understand, it was because they didn't think it was worth the time to edit the startpos file. I hope they'll reconsider eventually. The Restitutor Orbis reskin was great.
    Its not just startpos file, you would need to make it from ground zero, creates hundreds if not thousands of textures, models, unit entries, redo all building entries to be custom for that campain, do research and so on. Project would take roughly 2-3 years while we would be unable to work on Grand Campaign, which we actually care about. For example I have 0 personall interest in ED period.

Alright that makes sense, I see where you're coming from.