Page 33 of 378 FirstFirst ... 82324252627282930313233343536373839404142435883133 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Haven't had any experience with chariots. sorry. I just wanted to say that I'm deep into a campaign and haven't experienced major issues, even though it's only the beta version. Not only that, but the battles feel quite a bit better.

I have found hypocritic about artillery.

I cant break down 1 wall or 1 tower[stone] with 2 artillery units[12 guns]

I think DEI think should make more damageable artillery when siege battle

Civis
    Malang city, East Java province, Indonesia

I am sorry, but this My first time critic to DEI, after try different small faction (Sparta and Macedon) especially with Macedon, I have restart many time even with easy campaign difficulty, I must accept that is very hard to survive, not because I am tired to lead them, but I always got so many enemies, I am understand that Macedon got major hellenic diplomatic since first game, Athen, Sparta, then Aetolian league fight against Me, when defeat one of Them, other join against Me, like Epeiros, but then factions from Thracian join to punish Me (I event don't know why They become so angry and want Macedon disappear from the world of game),
    I have try normal and easy campaign (believe it or not, I even thinking to play as Macedon and try to migrate to Arche Bosporus if I can, only to survive and prepare the revenge).

Now, maybe I give up to play as Macedon and thinking to back for Rome as Equistrian, to take act of revenge and punish all factions around the balkan

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Soo. you criticise the fact that we made smaller factions difficult? Im glad to hear that.

This might be a problem inherent in R2TW which I due to my hiatus from the game have forgotten all about, but diplomacy seems quite worthless. I'm playing a roman campaign as Equstrians and even when I'm close to eradicating a small faction with only one settlement left they still refuse to take a peace deal. As a result I've never managed a single ceasefire in the whole campaign. Granted this have lead to some seriously overdrawn and sweet back-and-forth wars throughout the playthrough.

forget the artillery [ I personally revert it's damage]

anyway I'm really impressed with Hierophytna have city wall.

can you guys make other minor settlements like Knossos?

We only did that because there's a bug with the Hierapytna battle map on the IA campaign map. We won't be adding walls to any more cities unless we have to.

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

Has the mod team considered adding Breuci Archers to Scordisci's roster? They're neighbors and both Celtic (although Breuci seem more Celt-Illyrian than Celt-Thracian) seems kinda strange that Ardiadei would get them and not Scordisci.

I like Rome´s buffs because it means that I have a real challenge waiting for me. But playing as Rome who can be that challenge in mid/late game? Or if Im a faction in the far east it will take me forever to reach Italy. So how about buffing another faction like what you guys did for Rome? Maybe Parthia?
    Parthia is far from Rome and it was also considered a super power rival for Rome what lasted for CENTURIES. So maybe giving Parthia those same buffs can create that, or if Im the Seleucid/Baktria I already have my "Roman challenge".

This is just an idea.

Other major factions do have buffs, but not as much as the Romans do. So there's a decent chance of fighting strong Seleucids or Parthians as the Romans.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleeon View Post
    I am sorry, but this My first time critic to DEI, after try different small faction (Sparta and Macedon) especially with Macedon, I have restart many time even with easy campaign difficulty, I must accept that is very hard to survive, not because I am tired to lead them, but I always got so many enemies, I am understand that Macedon got major hellenic diplomatic since first game, Athen, Sparta, then Aetolian league fight against Me, when defeat one of Them, other join against Me, like Epeiros, but then factions from Thracian join to punish Me (I event don't know why They become so angry and want Macedon disappear from the world of game),
    I have try normal and easy campaign (believe it or not, I even thinking to play as Macedon and try to migrate to Arche Bosporus if I can, only to survive and prepare the revenge).

Now, maybe I give up to play as Macedon and thinking to back for Rome as Equistrian, to take act of revenge and punish all factions around the balkan
    Macedon is hard since they have the diplo negative and are surrounded by people who hate them. But, yes, small faction starts are a bit rough right now in 1.2 as it has been stated many times. We are choosing to err on the side of difficulty right now and slowly work toward more balance rather than the reverse (making it too easy). Also, we are trying to make it so that easy/normal difficulty is an option for those who want to try it.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Civis
    Malang city, East Java province, Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    Soo. you criticise the fact that we made smaller factions difficult? Im glad to hear that.
    So, You Guys, really make it difficult ? I got dilemma then, between I feel relieved (Your statement above is proof I'm not a weak player in the game, it's just difficult) and very hard to conquer the world with Makedon (and back lead the Rome) , there is something I can do ? suggestion how to survive for first game with small faction like Makedon ?

I have try with Athen, I am sure a small faction from first, but I success easily with normal campaign difficulty conquer Hellas, Makedonia and Asia (Pergamon surrender and join the confederation, maybe they realize that better join Me than continue suffer from other aggressive enemies )

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Macedon is hard since they have the diplo negative and are surrounded by people who hate them. But, yes, small faction starts are a bit rough right now in 1.2 as it has been stated many times. We are choosing to err on the side of difficulty right now and slowly work toward more balance rather than the reverse (making it too easy). Also, we are trying to make it so that easy/normal difficulty is an option for those who want to try it.
    Thank You, that a good news, I prefer to wait and playing with other factions now and cancel to play as Macedon and try to migrate to arche bosporus, for now
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 29, 2022 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Double post.

I think it would add to their uniqueness (and description in some cases) that various spear archer units would have a bonus against cavalry. As it is, they don't seem to have any according to their in-game stats

Played a coop campaign with a friend, he was Pontus and I was Hayasdan. We played until turn ~190 when it was clear that we would win as there were no real contenders left. I have to say this has got to be my best TW experience up to date - the campaign was hard and the battles were fantastic. Many times when we thought that battle was almost over because we couldn't break the enemy hoplites (this is legendary difficulty), we managed to turn the tide with a cavalry or skirmisher flank. The units were very diverse and numerous, the AoR mechanic adds a great deal of flavor to the game.
    The only negative thing I have to say about the whole experience is towards the end (turn 130+), we realised the AI is really bad at managing large empires and fighting. When I attacked Seleucids (they were at war with a huge Parthia and a few others), I did not see a single stack to challenge me. Their army was simply all gone for some reason. Same with Parthia, who was huge at that time, around 25 regions same as me - I saw maybe 2-3 stacks and thats it. They declared war on me and didn't even mount an attack, just behaved very passively and didn't put up much of a fight. Also I noticed the AI didnt build almost any food buildings - could it be connected in some way?
    I find that the mechanics of small AI empires are superb, they are aggressive and expand well. But, if they get to a certain size they become very passive. Seleucids were at war with Parthia and Ptolemys at one point, and they did not take a single region off each other. Although before that Parthia took over all of Seleucid's vassals and built a huge empire..

Thanks for the feedback. We are addressing the larger empire AI in the next update but it is definitely an issue right now.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Hi Guys,

I have suggestion for "Defensive Stance" (not sure now how it is called). When AI is in this stance so battles would be fought on normal territory, not one with the fort as AI do not know how to properly defend and what to do. Also it is hilarious when inside that small fort is full 20 stack with elepthants. I was looking forward to this battle as a Rome versus Pyrrhus, it took me years to get them out of Italy. Then he landed with his 20 full stack and elephants on shores and fortified himself. I attacked and for obvious reasons I didn't want to fight in narrow "gates" so I burned some walls. What AI did is to charge all units there and left flanks unprotected. They throw every advantage they had and I've surrounded them and it was just slaughter. I mean, I wanted real battle, casualties and I bet AI would do a better job if it would fought on "normal" map without palisades and point to defend.

So suggestion, if AI fortify and I will attack, make them "saly out" and fight on normal map with all bonuses fortified stance gives (some bonus to defense skill I believe and morale boost)

Thanks heaps!

STDM

Testing it for the first time right now. Good stuff.

Not a big deal, but I had Syracuse declare war on me in the first turn, and then offer peace for 2000 in the second. Seems a little odd.

Any way to fasten up all the animations on the map(general duel after fight, walking on the map)?
    Secondly: any way to make disbanding whole armies with 1 click possible? Right now I have to disband every unit before I can disband general, which makes me click a lot.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Pressing spacebar should AFAIK speed things up
    shift+click all units and disband them should be possible.

@FlashHeart07
    Thanks, it's working.
    Other than that, Im playing with the 1.209 fix pack on the front page, and latest version of the mod(JAN 28) as Kholkis. Turn 67, I own bosphoran province and some other settlements. Getting anyone to trade is nearly impossible, as not even Egypt wants to trade with me Even when I pay them 6k. So I guess something must be off.