Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Maybe bastards don't need father to be alive, who knows.
    Υou're watching too much GOT buddy

Efix's Avatar Tiro

One more thing Sparta seems to be lock at the commercial version of it i cant build the normal and fortify version as Rome.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Only Sparta can build other versions, that is intended as other versions provide some Sparta specific perks.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

What can I do with a general to rank up their intellectual trait? While I'm at it: any guide/breakdown on how to develop each trait? I guess that's what the "Up/Down" is for. But for the intellectual trait for instance, what does "public order mean"? If the general stays in a high PO province they will develop that trait?
    Last edited by kpagcha; January 04, 2019 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kpagcha View Post
    What can I do with a general to rank up their intellectual trait? While I'm at it: any guide/breakdown on how to develop each trait? I guess that's what the "Up/Down" is for. But for the intellectual trait for instance, what does "public order mean"? If the general stays in a high PO province they will develop that trait?
    Yes, the Up should tell you how its raised. I probably need to write a guide when I get some time. For the intellectual traits you need some of the general skills (that have the yellow text indicating they will raise that trait) and high PO in the province. At higher tiers you need a library there. Then its just a random chance of the game that the trait will go up.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Thanks! A couple of followup questions:

- does investing in each different governor skill open up a different intellectual branch? or is it related to special given intellectual traits like industrialist or agriculturalist?
    - do libraries have a factionwide affect towards the intellectual trait development, or must the general be in that province?

Investing in the skills just allows the general trait to improve. However, at higher trait levels the special intellectual traits do matter and will allow for specific traits to be unlocked. Libraries have to be in that region.

Efix's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Only Sparta can build other versions, that is intended as other versions provide some Sparta specific perks.
    Roger thanks for the answer ! Would it not be better to have the normal version for everyone and not the commercial version !?

Hey team, in a previous thread ahiga mentioned that we could get our hands on his ED reskin. How can i do that? Thanks à lot and wish you lots of happiness and success for 2019.

I think he discussed making it ready for release, I don't think it has actually been released yet.

Quote Originally Posted by aym-wns View Post
    Hey team, in a previous thread ahiga mentioned that we could get our hands on his ED reskin. How can i do that? Thanks à lot and wish you lots of happiness and success for 2019.
    Hello,

I don't believe it's ready yet. Not sure if I missed something though.

Thanks to DeI team for new update, it gives the best experience I ever had with Rome II, I started a campaign with Macedon and I found short-pikes to be killing machines, as well as 200 men general bodyguard unit, to see then how two phalanxes of pikemen can't kill a single remained unit of athenian logades...for ten minutes, and it scores 120 kills, which was once imposible, then, epirote general bodyguard units is making great manevres from my 200 men cavalry, allways in charge when my men start to regroup after charge...it kills 80 men.... then.....at turn 12 I attack Rome...and I move stright to Rome from Taras, to see how 1500 men from taras are taken under siege by 3000 elite roman army, who doesen't attacked until a fleet of 1000 men attacked from sea, in same manner, after a 1 hour battle at asculum where I lost 600 men just to 3 units of Triarii, I see how my 2000 remaining men a attacked by a full stack, and all fought to last men, even Italicy miltes scored 100 kills, and what now...to attack Rome with 800 remained men...this is just epic, but with money from Asia Minor I will make a desperate move with mercenaries, Rome will fall!!!

Thanks guys!!!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; January 06, 2019 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Spoilers added.

Is it possible to alter the Sack option after winning a siege/town battle?
    ATM it says it kills the captives, but wouldn't it be more logical to have them enslaved?

I can't quite get the hang of raiding. When I raid a sea I get penalties with all factions with a coastal settlement in that sea, apparently. But raiding only draws money from trade routes and settlements when you navy's area of influence overlaps them. Or am I wrong?

Can someone please make a mod that reduces garrison sizes and also a mod that deletes the base income for all factions?
    Thanks alot in advance.
    Last edited by ForVictory; January 08, 2019 at 05:36 AM.
    Outgunned, outnumbered...But never outclassed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nekyo View Post
    ATM it says it kills the captives, but wouldn't it be more logical to have them enslaved?
    Sounds sensible

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by ForVictory View Post
    Can someone please make a mod that reduces garrison sizes and also a mod that deletes the base income for all factions?
    Thanks alot in advance.
    Base income is mandatory as AI breaks without it or there is some other game breaking bug related to it.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by Nekyo View Post
    I don't think the way those work is moddable/

Quote Originally Posted by kpagcha View Post
    I can't quite get the hang of raiding. When I raid a sea I get penalties with all factions with a coastal settlement in that sea, apparently. But raiding only draws money from trade routes and settlements when you navy's area of influence overlaps them. Or am I wrong?
    It works however it works in the base game

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    I don't think the way those work is moddable/
    Bummer

How much is AI "cheating" with food in DeI?

I'm trying to starve a faction with only one settlement left. With help of spies they have like -12 in food but no starvation of their armies.