Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by JPrice94 View Post
    I'm wondering if you have plans for tweaking certain variants or adding new textures. I want to see some more vivid colours, as most are faded and weak. I've seen painted helmets but less painted armour. I'd like to see painted pikes for some elite units, and maybe recoloured peltast boots in bright white or something else for certain thureos and thorax troops, I also can't recruit galatian royal guard as the seleucids anymore, and I feel like the appearance of some of the seleucid units, especially silver shields, was better in an earlier version.
    We purposefully have toned down colors to make it more realistic, as that is the mod's aesthetic. In terms of adding more textures and variants, I am pretty sure some players currently have PC meltdowns playing DeI right now. We have thousands of variants taking up the vast majority of the mod right now. The mod is 8 parts on Steam due to these variants. I am not really sure you realize just how many different textures there are in the mod - I know most players only play certain cultures, but if you try the others you will see what I am talking about.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Then why the prevailance of iron helmets with bronze chest plates in greek factions?

What does that have to do with multi-colored pikes and bright colored clothes?

Sorry, I asked why greek units often had a mish mash of iron and bronze helmets with iron and bronze curaisses... I thought perhaps they would want to look good in battle and have matching helmets and breastplates. The reply I got was that bronze did not rust and made for better helmets. So I can understand the prevailance of bronze helmets in roman infantry, but I still do not understand why some greeks have bronze curaisses and iron helmets. If I was a greek and I had a silver iron breastplate, I would want a silver helmet to match, or if I was clad in bronze, a bronze helmet.

And I do know there is a lot of content. I am using it all in the variant editor to redesign some units. It's impressively huge.

Hi, first of all: amazing mod! Cheers from Brazil.

My suggestion is to put the "softcoreAI" as standart for DeI for the following reasons:

A) Softcore actually makes the game more difficult for the player - When all of the the AI is aggressive only, the currently standart, you can blitzkreig 99% of the times since all of their armies will be occupied with countless wars.

For instance, when I declared war with vanilla DeI on a big faction such as Rome, rarely it would invade me. I usually could pillage the whole foot of Italy with 10 units.

B) by the 60th turn most of the factions will disappear with standart diplomatic DeI. All of Europe usually is owned by the same 3 factions.

You guys spend a insane amount of time doing very diverse and unique factions, just to them dissapear before we could fight them? I guess most people wants to fight each and every faction!

Suggestions for the Macedonian wars:
    Could you make Akaian and Aetolian leagues playable, also a playable Epirus and perhaps Athenai?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by iporto9393 View Post

B) by the 60th turn most of the factions will disappear with standart diplomatic DeI. All of Europe usually is owned by the same 3 factions.
    Highly not possible.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Civis

AI tend to rush first barracks to max level and then field high quality troops so What do you think of implementing such tweak into main mod ? I borrowed this from ,,Data Venia" Submod.
    • Rework the whole recruitment system pushing most elites up the recruitment tiers to create a "low-tier" early game
    Credits to them

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

Tiny little request here, do you guys know which rigid_model_v2 uses the eastern_scale_normal2.dds, eastern_scale_normal3.dds or eastern_scale_normal4.dds?
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by shadowtwinz View Post
    AI tend to rush first barracks to max level and then field high quality troops so What do you think of implementing such tweak into main mod ? I borrowed this from ,,Data Venia" Submod.

Credits to them
    We prefer armies to field units they were able to from start. Plus AI is unable to disband units so if AI will spam low tier units, It might never have better troops unless that army is completly destroyed. When better units were in higher level it lead to AI armies sporting only levy troops in army around 100th turn. With current system for example diadochi armies will fight with what they could use at that time. Especially since in many nations levies would be only used in desparate moments while better and elite units made most of the troops in regular army.

Good evening
    Does somebody knows how to recruit armoured Indian elephants when playing as Bactria? I asked this on moddb, but maybe nobody has visited that site in a while.
    Thank you in advance

First I'd like to say it's a great mod - actually DEI is the only reason I play this game, the battles, supply system and population is just excellent.

My only issue is with the hoplites (higher end) , they seem to be a bit overpowered, even when attacked at the same time in the front and back with some heavy inf they can hold forever, I tried to charged them with cav from the back but because its a spear unit it doesn't make much damage or significant morale drop. Whats more the hoplites can withstand almost any missile barrage.

Any thoughts on that or any hints ?
    Last edited by Yarev; September 04, 2017 at 01:35 PM.

Patrician

Rear charging hoplites will be buffed in next patch, I had to switch some stuff.

Just out of curiosity what battle difficulty are you playing on?

I always play on normal battle difficulty as recommended.

Dont get me wrong the battles are great, its just that hoplites IMO should be suffering more when attacked from both sides.

Keep up the good work

rbt's Avatar Libertus

Hey, if I would like to do submod with units where I could find any formulas to balance units stats and units cost of recruitment or upkeep?

Hey, I just buy Rome 2 Total war Empire Edition.The version it is 16155.736913*. You say in other thread it is necesary patch 17 for play correct. What I need to do for update to the correct patch? Thank for your time.

Nothing. Your game should already be the correct version if you installed it through Steam normally, without any beta patch or anything.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by rbt View Post
    Hey, if I would like to do submod with units where I could find any formulas to balance units stats and units cost of recruitment or upkeep?
    My brain is the formula for all units, never got to write it down, especially since it changes from time to time. I can guide you through it on steam, especially since we both use same language.

DEI is quite impressive. I have gone through a campaign. In multiplayer, I have created a army for each nation. I've researched every guerilla warfare unit for multiplayer for all nations and put it in a spreadsheet. Some nations have 15 guerilla units; some have only 1 guerilla warfare unit type.

------One thing that is needed is to be able to click on a unit and be able to see all the information available about the unit; right now it goes back to the original Rome 2 army list descriptions. That way players can make a better decision about choosing between units and know what they are.