Page 98 of 378 FirstFirst ... 4873888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108123148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 7558

Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

DEI team, when are you going to release new update?

We are still working on it, maybe in the next month or so but I can't promise that.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Dresden, is it possible with rome 2 engine to change capitals in your mod? It's very annoying when for example playing as Antonius and can't change the capital from Athens to Roma.

As far as I know this is not possible or moddable.

In theory you could edit the save.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

Hey guys!

Just had a thought, would it be possible to reduce charging speed to 0 if a unit is exhausted or even just very tired to simulate lulls in combat?
    So even if the AI gave the order the unit would simply refuse to charge until it could catch their breath.

I wouldn´t know if this were possible, but right now, to present your units back to the enemy means certain death.
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Doing that would stop units in place so AI would just stand in place. AI would never catch a breath so you would have a field of brain dead AI unit running to the player and then standing in place.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Thx for being as quick as always KAM!

Would it be possible if complete exhaustion could only be reached in combat?
    I know this wouldn´t be realistic, but if f.e. stamina regeneration as high as the cost during running in a very tired state?

This would of course necessitate that a unit could regenerate from the exhausted status to very tired even if it ran.
    Maybe a bit of realism could be simulated by reducing speed to a level where running and walking speed were aproximately the same.

So in an exhausted state, the unit would flat out refuse to charge, and even if the AI caused them to run in game mechanic terms, they walk visually.
    During this time the unit could regenerate stamina, and gain the very tired state again, after which the unit could charge again.

IMO this could even be done with different stamina levels, it would "just" necessitate a complete revamp of the stamina thresholds and cost

"I concur!"

​Me

Patrician

But the thing is that only player would take advantage from it, AI would force units to run no matter what. AI units would never rest. If they would be able to regenerate fatigue through running like you propose, all units would be able to fully regenerate in jsut few seconds.
    Also you can't lock exhausted state to just combat unless all other factors mean absouletly nothing so units would be able to run for 60 minutes without single fatigue change.

Oh ok I thought it would be possible to assign stamina costs to certain actions according to status.
    Well bugger...

The logic behind this would have been that units in very tired and exhausted state would have run in game mechanics,
    but walked visually.

Would it be possible to in some way use the "can't run" attribute?

No?
    Bugger...

Anyway, thx

"I concur!"

​Me

Patrician

That attribute would make units not run all the time.

While I do like the idea, sadly due to how map size, reinforcements and sieges work, it does not make for a good gameplay :/

Overal I like the idea of for example heavy infantry being unable to run as it makes for much more important initial deployment, something that TW games mostly lack for me as it was one of if not the most important tactical factor.

Around 9-10 years ago was released a game called Great Battles of Rome, in which you would only see few AI units in initial deployment and you had to give orders before the battle started. You could still issue orders to single units but there was a timer (runner with the orders) either set to specific time or based on how far that units is from your general. This meant that you could cover some deployment mistakes but not on a massive scale. If you really messed up deployment, you were unable to fix so many mistakes due to that timer. Game itself was not that great but it had some really neat ideas.

Nomadic factions, well saka in particular. Seems like they need alot of love.

They have and can only get quartermaster rank 3 for 15% more ammo and 3% more of 3 points in logistics. Nothing more from any buildings/ technology/ faction bonuses.
    They do fine without obviously, 9 armored ha with a general and you can take on the world.
    Its just rather lame to have all the ammo gone in a about a minute of gameplay.

Another a strange thing I found with their army traits/ bonuses, saka can only get light cavalry masters and not cavalry masters or any equivalent/ faction unique army traits. Throws you abit off, seeing how they are a super heavy cav archer/catapract faction (almost exclusively so) but have no means of improving them.

Their economy is not really there, super dumbster esspecially so early on (befoure you can obtain several recource regions/buildings).
    So you have to go on the looting/ raiding path.
    Slight problem however, once you loot a settelment you are more or less stuck crushing rebels forever.
    I have found your only real option is to constantly raze.

Also the rooster seems abit bland, there are a few options there but they are simply not needed.
    Should nerf the stamina on their heavier units (esspecially on the heavy ha) to create a demand for better light cav / melee cav.

The primary benefit of the Temple of Poseidon seem pretty weak compared to most of the other options -12% naval unit recruitment cost and...that's it? Perhaps there are better alternatives.

Can you make the temple of poseidon and the temple of epona provide buffs to horsemen?

Also can you reduce the killing power of arrows that are falling straight down? Especially against units with large shields? If you hide a unit of hoplites behind a solid wall, the enemy will still shoot over it with their archers, when they really shouldn't be able to. Even though the hoplon appears to protect their entire formation when held above the head they still take casualties. Players should be rewarded for exploiting cover like buildings, walls, reverse of slopes and forests. I also feel like shields aren't strong enough from the front and left, and the unshielded right and rear should have more damage inflicted on it to make it a more important part of your strategy. In addition a steady retreat formation would be extremely useful, in allowing skirmishers and infantry to slowly walk backwards whilst facing the enemy and avoiding casualties. It could also allow you to do the famous hannibal encircling move.

Some form of formation for hoplites to protect them from arrows from above and the front would also be nice, visually.. in hoplite phalanx they have better frontal defense but don't hold their shields up to protect themselves from arrows comming from the top visually. I'd rather see them using something like defensive testudo as a protective formation buffing their weight and shield strength considerably and using phalanx as a defensive and offensive formation for melee. That way they can be arrow sponges almost as good as legionaries.. incidentally legionaries are still sort of underwhelming in testudo against arrows.

I feel like ranged units in defense of cities run out of stuff to fling at the enemy too fast, and that a feature in which they can regain ammo from certain buildings like in shogun 2 would be nice. Towers or victory points, and even baggage trains.
    Last edited by JPrice94; July 31, 2017 at 04:33 AM.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by JPrice94 View Post

I feel like ranged units in defense of cities run out of stuff to fling at the enemy too fast, and that a feature in which they can regain ammo from certain buildings like in shogun 2 would be nice. Towers or victory points, and even baggage trains.
    I dont think its possible to mod it so that buildings on the battlemap provides ammo bonuses to units, though I could be wrong.
    What I do know is that there already exist a submod that provides baggage trains with the ability to re-supply units with ammunition while fighting on the battlefield.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    I dont think its possible to mod it so that buildings on the battlemap provides ammo bonuses to units, though I could be wrong.
    What I do know is that there already exist a submod that provides baggage trains with the ability to re-supply units with ammunition while fighting on the battlefield.
    I suppose in theory you could create a unit that is present in the regional capital's garrison contingent with the same ammunition restore ability that the baggage train can get, but I don't know whether the AI would use it properly so it may end up being just a gimmick for the player to exploit.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Rendon View Post
    I suppose in theory you could create a unit that is present in the regional capital's garrison contingent with the same ammunition restore ability that the baggage train can get, but I don't know whether the AI would use it properly so it may end up being just a gimmick for the player to exploit.
    Not in theory, you COULD create a special garrison unit only available from the regional capital that provides nearby units with increased ammo. The concept of having an ability which needs to be activated, as it is with the baggage train submod, I doubt the AI would be able to use it.
    Though you could perhaps add it as a passive ability where units within range receive a small bonus to their ammo.
    Often stuff like this is always in some way going to be just an extra gimmick for the player, but it can still add some flavour to the game without being OP.

Argive Strategos's Avatar Civis

Hello, I got a question/idea/request for cavalry recruitment.
    I feel some good cavalry nations lose some power in the cavalry department, namely Epirus, Bactria and Athens. Bactria has Great cav, but the problem (same problem Athens has) is that the general option only allows Athenai Hippeis (the standard one) instead of the noble horses of athens or the Bactrian nobles and not the Bactrian cataphracts. Is it possible to let the heavier horses be generals too?
    Also for Epirus, they have nice medium cav (the thessalians) however the molossian agema is not recruitable. This might be deliberate, as I am not sure how numerous they were, but it would be nice to have them recruitable by the 3rd barracks or something. Thank you

I definitely think that Bactria would benefit from a late-era general unit. The current one is powerful, but looks a little out of place next to their late-era cataphracts.

A little thing - how about more added units in Dacia AOR - two units seem rather small. But,yes looking overall there are several places that have very limited AOR units. I did a migration with Massalia in Dacia and was a bit disappointed seeing just one decent unit able to be recruited.

Hello!

First of all I want to thank the DEI team for a great mod. It follows in the same vein of balance between historical accuracy, realism, playability and beautiful unit design I've demanded from TW mods such as Europa Barbarorum for RTW, Stainless Steel for M2TW, Darthmod for ETW and S2.

Two things:

1. I started my first Grand Campaign as the Caledonians and was excited to see tech for Chariots, but to my dismay I spent 8 early turns of research on two technologies for a unit which does not exist in the Caledonian roster (according to Honga). Caledonians lacking Chariots is fine, but the technology should be swapped for something useful since both are required to reach the full Infantry Building tier. http://i.imgur.com/WmDy8mK.jpg

2. Are any animation mods at all compatible with DEI, and if not, would you consider increasing the frequency of kill animations in battle? It seems blood spatters on the ground only trigger on kill moves (I'm using the mod "GBJ The Revolution", but I had no ground blood at all on Vanilla).

Thanks,
    CEMN