Page 9 of 350 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 6983

Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

  1. #161

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    Did the mechanic where raiding decreases siege time make it in to 1.2? And if so how does it work exactly?

  2. #162
    FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    5,869

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    Did the mechanic where raiding decreases siege time make it in to 1.2? And if so how does it work exactly?
    It did. You need two armies for this. One needs to be raiding the enemy province and the other needs to be sieging the town. Just know that you need to set the first army in raiding stance before you besiege the town. Otherwise the effect wont work.

  3. #163

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    It did. You need two armies for this. One needs to be raiding the enemy province and the other needs to be sieging the town. Just know that you need to set the first army in raiding stance before you besiege the town. Otherwise the effect wont work.
    Awesome, glad it made it in. Thanks Flash.

  4. #164

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    I'm twenty turns into a carthage campaign (h/h) and it would appear that the high amount of gold at the start makes it a little to easy to sell trade aggreements. I could almost double my orginal 25000, even though what I can demand is capped at 3000 (haven't played the game in a while did dei introduce this in 1.2?).

  5. #165
    FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    5,869

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    Test results showed that a big starting tresary worked better especially for the AI.
    And yes, we have changed the amount of gold you can obtain from the AI in diplomatic agreements. The player was able to abusive this enormously.

  6. #166
    RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    5,071

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    Started off playing Alanni on normal, was a biiiit too easy (but then I'm pretty experienced. ) especially since most AI are pretty peaceful. then tried the hard core and got destroyed playing multiple factions XD

    Now playing Scythia on hard, seems about right, took me quite awhile to really consolidate my province (thank god the new map made Scythia much more logical.) now need some serious consideration on where to move to next, with this speed and set up just charging ahead into either Hungary or Thrace and leaving a really exposed front is risky, especially since the situation on my east side seem to be developing a lot more quickly (Sirace and Borsphoros trading settlements and then the Colchis rolling up behind them.)
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

  7. #167
    Laetus
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Samara, Sarmatia
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    At fist thanks for your work, guys, DEI is Great reason to launch ROME2

    Have a question, sorry if asked before
    Please check unit "Assa Barai" - HA for Nomads (Rha region, Scythia province)
    1. Unit info panel describes it as HA, but has light lancers stats, ingame it has bow attack, BUT can`t "hit@run" AND launch arrows eventiually (not in volley) Broken?
    2. Shoud it be available for train in Nomad camp2 (2nd tier building) AND in Horse studs2 at the same time?

    Tnx again

  8. #168

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    It did. You need two armies for this. One needs to be raiding the enemy province and the other needs to be sieging the town. Just know that you need to set the first army in raiding stance before you besiege the town. Otherwise the effect wont work.
    It doesn't seem to work on me. I did as you said. But the siege time is same. (12 turns)
    And I use marian reforms for augustus, reduced squalor, adei gladiator.
    Is this a mod problem?

  9. #169

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    Tried for the first time the 1.2 beta. Custom battle. 3 units Getae, 1 general archer, 1 falx unit (225 men), 1 axe unit. Vs. 2 units Rome: 1 general, and 1 legionari unit (150 men). I was interested only in unit vs. unit behavior because that's my standard attitude to compare with the historical/realistic field battles. The Getae axe unit placed rear front to stay there. I moved my general unit and falx towards direct enemy, which placed theirs cavalry general in line behind legionaries. They start to move towards me when reached a some distance from them and not only stay there and wait like in previous versions (due to AI calculus between my total strength vs. his). It's a good improvement. I manoeuver my general just on the side of the legionarii flank and hold them there without firing the bows; just sitting there. Strange thing, the roman general suddenly chase my general till the end of the map, completely ignoring the let alone his legionarii. Next i was horified how the legionarii get slaughtered in seconds after charge, in 25 seconds routing after loosing more than probably 75% of troops and the falx (BTW, bare chested unit without any kind of armor) loosing only 30-40 men. Unbelievable. It's totally unrealistic. On the other hand, strange things occur: even I deactivated ''fire at will'' and activate ''melee posture'' for my archer general unit, some of it's troop still firing the bows...................Not to mention the useless pillum volley of the romans which barely killed 3-4 falx men in 2-3 volleys......I think it's totally screwed. That no means DeI is not a brilliant project, only a positive critique. Thank you.

  10. #170
    FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    5,869

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    KAM has clearly been lazy

  11. #171
    FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    5,869

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    Quote Originally Posted by whitegamebox View Post
    It doesn't seem to work on me. I did as you said. But the siege time is same. (12 turns)
    And I use marian reforms for augustus, reduced squalor, adei gladiator.
    Is this a mod problem?
    It shouldnt be considering the db tables that each of the submods change. We will look at it.

  12. #172

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    I haven't scoured this thread to see if it has been brought up, but I take issue with the new penalties associated with being flanked or attacked in the rear. I had a spear unit that went into a melee with their full complement of 150 men, with a decent morale of 55, and they went immediately from "confident" to "wavering" as a result of losing ~3 men after receiving a charge from the side by a mediocre militia garrison unit.

    I'm not sure how you could work this in, but it seems obvious to me that any unit, no matter what the morale, should not go beyond "shaken" after receiving a charge to the sides or rear after which they lose a tiny fraction of their original men and are still deemed to be in "even" combat.


    Everything else battle related seems really good to me (the pike mechanic is far better than I thought it would be) besides it being slightly too fast for my tastes. Maybe increasing the standard health to 25 would hit the sweet spot for me, but maybe not for others.
    Last edited by KennyTheKlever; January 10, 2017 at 07:50 AM.

  13. #173

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    Kam is working on this stuff. There will be some morale changes in the next update.

  14. #174

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    Kam is working on this stuff. There will be some morale changes in the next update.
    Nice.

  15. #175

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    How come mercenary fleets cost less and have lesser upkeep than your own fleets? For example Trieres with rhodesian marines cost around 1k and have an upkeep of 300, while mercenary trieres cost 500 and have an upkeep of 150. Am I missing something..?

  16. #176

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    Colchis and Kartli... They are hard as hell. It is almost impossible to start as them. During last two days I have been trying to start as them. Even on normal difficulty I could not manage anything. These guys are frustratingly hard, horrible public order, lack of income, tons of enemies makes the game really hard. Even WRE on legendary in Attila is cakewalk comepared to Kartli and Colchis on normal difficulty. I understand that in previous version Colchis was not overhauled and that's why it was sort of unplayable. But now it is even more harder to play as them. I don't know... maybe I am bad but I still think that you should consider buffing their starting difficulty. BTW in main menu both of them have normal initial difficulty.

  17. #177

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    Ideas and possible requests:

    Hi all,
    I am a player coming from other Total War games and now enjoying the great DEI, congratulations to all the team for this amazing work!

    I have some comments and possible ideas, based on my game experience, I think would make the next version of DEI great:
    1) Recruitment process. I think the number of Roman units you can recruit shoud be limited. This could be done on a population basis.
    This would force the player to hire also auxiliaries. This would be realistic (using also auxiliaries) and would also increase the richness of the game
    since you would need to hire different infrantry troops with different features.
    At the moment, at least in my case, I prefer to hire roman infantry troops.

    2) Periodic invasions or rising of great empires. Periodic large invasions (e.g. Cimbri and Teutoni similar to Mongols in Medieval War) would make the political situation more interesting. Would it possible to create something similar?

    3) Similar to the last point, I think it would be great to have some coordinated invasions pointing to destroy your capital, rather than try to conquer all your territories. This may simulate Hannibal or Pyrrhus invasions. This set of armies could sack your territories, or free them to create satrapies. In this ways simulating the change of alliances (e.g. what happened during Hannibal's invasion).

    Let me know what you think, and if these changes could be done at a mod level.
    Thanks again for your great work!

  18. #178
    FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    5,869

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    Quote Originally Posted by zagadka View Post
    Ideas and possible requests:

    Hi all,
    I am a player coming from other Total War games and now enjoying the great DEI, congratulations to all the team for this amazing work!

    I have some comments and possible ideas, based on my game experience, I think would make the next version of DEI great:
    1) Recruitment process. I think the number of Roman units you can recruit shoud be limited. This could be done on a population basis.
    This would force the player to hire also auxiliaries. This would be realistic (using also auxiliaries) and would also increase the richness of the game
    since you would need to hire different infrantry troops with different features.
    At the moment, at least in my case, I prefer to hire roman infantry troops.

    2) Periodic invasions or rising of great empires. Periodic large invasions (e.g. Cimbri and Teutoni similar to Mongols in Medieval War) would make the political situation more interesting. Would it possible to create something similar?

    3) Similar to the last point, I think it would be great to have some coordinated invasions pointing to destroy your capital, rather than try to conquer all your territories. This may simulate Hannibal or Pyrrhus invasions. This set of armies could sack your territories, or free them to create satrapies. In this ways simulating the change of alliances (e.g. what happened during Hannibal's invasion).

    Let me know what you think, and if these changes could be done at a mod level.
    Thanks again for your great work!
    Thanks for the feedback and suggestions.
    And pardon my slight sarcasm

    1. Have you played the mod? I ask this considering the fact that the Population mechanic, People of Rome is a feature of this mod.

    2. It would be possible as we already have scripted AI armies. These are not created to simulate invasions but to aid the AI under certain circumstances.

    3. Im unsure whether we can directly control specific targets for AI armies, and I personally wouldnt like the idea of completely scripted invasions as they would be quite easily avoidable for the player. Unless ofc Im completely missing your point?

  19. #179
    hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,691

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Ostrogoth View Post
    Colchis and Kartli... They are hard as hell. It is almost impossible to start as them. During last two days I have been trying to start as them. Even on normal difficulty I could not manage anything. These guys are frustratingly hard, horrible public order, lack of income, tons of enemies makes the game really hard. Even WRE on legendary in Attila is cakewalk comepared to Kartli and Colchis on normal difficulty. I understand that in previous version Colchis was not overhauled and that's why it was sort of unplayable. But now it is even more harder to play as them. I don't know... maybe I am bad but I still think that you should consider buffing their starting difficulty. BTW in main menu both of them have normal initial difficulty.
    I've tried them a bunch too and it seems to me like the lack of income is the main problem. I could deal with multiple enemies if I could recruit more than 8-9 militia without bankrupting myself. It just seems like factions that don't start with at least one major settlement are screwed because they have no money to build armies or buildings. You can't hold political power if you don't engage in combat, and you can't engage in combat if you don't have an army, and if you don't have political control your public order is horrible, so on and so on. The furthest I got as Kolkhis was a really early attack on Trapezos by spending all of my money on mercenaries, but their settlement wasn't enough to provide more income even after I disbanded all of my mercenaries, I couldn't tax my provinces at anything but the lowest rate because of the horrible public order.

    I don't have any issues getting started as Medewi, Baktria, Media, Massalia, etc. but factions like Caledones and Kolkhis are just painful.

    EDIT: Kartli is easier though. I just skip their crappy units and recruit nothing but Kartevelian highlanders, skirmishers, and guerrilla warriors, then attack Ardhan for their gold. The only saving grace is that the factions around there love to recruit tons of crappy spearmen that can't stand up against Kartevelian skirmishers and highlanders.
    Last edited by hippacrocafish; January 10, 2017 at 11:16 AM.

  20. #180

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    Quote Originally Posted by hippacrocafish View Post
    I've tried them a bunch too and it seems to me like the lack of income is the main problem. I could deal with multiple enemies if I could recruit more than 8-9 militia without bankrupting myself. It just seems like factions that don't start with at least one major settlement are screwed because they have no money to build armies or buildings. You can't hold political power if you don't engage in combat, and you can't engage in combat if you don't have an army, and if you don't have political control your public order is horrible, so on and so on. The furthest I got as Kolkhis was a really early attack on Trapezos by spending all of my money on mercenaries, but their settlement wasn't enough to provide more income even after I disbanded all of my mercenaries, I couldn't tax my provinces at anything but the lowest rate because of the horrible public order.

    I don't have any issues getting started as Medewi, Baktria, Media, Massalia, etc. but factions like Caledones and Kolkhis are just painful.

    EDIT: Kartli is easier though. I just skip their crappy units and recruit nothing but Kartevelian highlanders, skirmishers, and guerrilla warriors, then attack Ardhan for their gold. The only saving grace is that the factions around there love to recruit tons of crappy spearmen that can't stand up against Kartevelian skirmishers and highlanders.
    Yes, Kartli is bit easier than Kolkhis. However their starting position is also crappy. Their capital has only one building slot and the units you mentioned require tons of money and 2nd class population. Also Armenia should not declare war at the beginning or the campaign is doomed. So if we compare Kolkhis and Kartli then it can be said that Kolkhis is the harder one, however Kartli is also one of the hardest faction even on normal difficulty. Yes, Kolkhis difficulty is even more harder because neighbors hate Kolkhis more(Bosporans for example). Diplomatic penalty against Hellenistic factions must be the reason behind it.

    I had no idea that Caledones were in the same situation. Looks like some of the one settlement factions are having extremly hard time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •