Page 88 of 378 FirstFirst ... 3863787980818283848586878889909192939495969798113138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 7559

Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Im gonna upload a picture of my willy since it be invadin' everything. #MustBeRoman #MustAlsoBeFullPlateMail

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Or who can forget Cataphractii Pattern Terminator armour

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [rant] Oh man, just don't get me started on 40k's terrible fake Latin... grumble grumble "Imperium Nihilus." Did anyone even check what that means? So many errors in just two words... [/rant]

The two running animations for the pike units that depend on status of the phalanx button state still haven't been swapped around. Maybe Kam forgot, or didn't have time?

KAM
    I meant fully covered cataphract armor, not the medieval one Really, you should upgrade it to 26 at least, other cataphract cavalries have 26-28 while they armor look same as the auxiliary roman cataphract cavalry

Icon14 Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Armoured cohort is not an upgrade to regular cohort, just alternative. They use heavier gear against specific type of enemies but they are not better soldiers due to that. Just because you put more armour on someone, it does not make him better fighter but surely makes him harder to kill.

Also check out new patch once it hits the floor, it has some improvements for Roman cohorts.
    What you said makes sense. It would not necessarily make them better soliders but, on the other hand, also shouldn't make them worse off, right? Right now the armored cohort, being a more expensive unit, is better in armor by 2 points but worse off in melee attack by 2. So it sounds like I am paying more to get a tradeoff rather than something definitively better. Same thing goes from Princeps to Marian cohorts.

For armorsmith and weaponsmith, I can't retrain/re-equip my existing units in my game. If it's the global thing that is screwing things up then just get rid of it. I would rather have something that is useful than global.

For the armored cav, I am not saying we should make it arnold schwarzenegger. But right now, with the current stats, they are simply a third world peasants disguised in first class equipment. Just look at their stats:

Melee attk: 33 vs 45-32 (the range from highest to lowest for all available shock cav)
    Charge: 37 vs 44-35 (I discounted Yancai Uaezdaettae cuz(28), this cav has bow, not really a true shock cav)
    Melee def: 30 vs 49-30
    Armor: 22 vs 26-12
    Morale: 65 vs 65-45

So as you can see, Ala Gallorum and Ulpia rank near the bottom in terms of attk, charge and def. The only shiny spot is its high morale. But does morale really matter for shock cav? You don't use it in prolonged melee fights. You charge them in and out. So once again, I don't see much utilities for this cav. And at 2002 price tag, it's not the cheapest.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I will be looking at those cavalry units. I just lack time for more modding but hopefully I will be able to pay more attention next week.

As for the pike animation, I myself have no cluse how to edit animations so I will have for Ritter or Diego to fix it
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Yeah I don't think we changed anything with retraining, not sure why that wouldn't be working as per usual. The reason its global is something we have addressed a few times but the primary reason is the AI. If we make it too specialized and localized, they don't get the advantage.
    I can confirm that I can reequip any unit anywhere on my territory with upgrades from better weapons and better armor using 1.2.1b. As soon as the building is ready the yellow triangle appeared.

Senator

I'd like to say it some time ago but now it is as good: I would propose to have a little look at the artillery. I changed it in 1.2 for me and got a little shocked in my first battle in 1.2.1b where I forgot to keep the changes.

Artillery is too strong and too weak the same time.

The first tier barracks piece, Lithobolos, is a god like weapon. Not only (like any artillery) forces it any enemy to attack on the battlefield or unwalled town siege battle, it also deals a lot of damage and fires as rapid as a breech loader of the 19th century. The crew must be stronger as Hercules each. Important, you can position it safely behind your lines, so no danger for it (unlike the other pieces). What to do? First I made it immobile (it is huge and heavy but moves as fast as a tank on the battlefield) but that is very bad for sieges. Lowering the damage is also a bad decision because then you cannot deal with walls. In the end I doubled reload time, (maybe tripling even would be better), so that an enemy has time to approach without being shelled by all of the ammo in fast firing mode.

The other artillery is, sorry, crap. Meanwhile I don't even build the later recruitment barracks. The fast shooting Polybolos does not shoot near as fast enough to make it a valid option for an unit place (I play 20 units, maybe with 40 it is different). It is immobile and has to be placed in or at the side of the front line. Till it gets overrun the casualties it inflicts are few; much better to use an archer, slinger or peltast unit. The mod Data Venia has an interesting solution: it gives each shot more projectiles (12, which is too much however), so it can really wreck at least one unit during the enemy attack. Making reload time much shorter while staying with one projectile made the piece not much better on the other hand.

The Scorpion is at least mobile but it shoots too slowly and does too little damage. It lacks range too. You can position it on the flanks, shoot at the approaching foe, then move it forward to shoot at the enemy in front of your battle line. Ok. Or you can recruit any other unit which is more versatile and inflicts more casualties in the average battle. The only reason to use it would be the wish to have the effect of forcing enemy attacks while avoiding the campaign movement restrictions of the Lithobolos.

I have to apologize. The weaponsmith and armorsmith are working fine. I cleaned out the data folder and re-validated everything. Now it's working fine. Maybe some lingering old mods were creating the problem. Also, I thought fleets anchored in ports would create negative public order bonus? But in my current game, the first time I docked them, I get a positive bonus? Does this sound like a lingering-old-mod problem? Or it is designed that way?

I will be looking at those cavalry units. I just lack time for more modding but hopefully I will be able to pay more attention next week.

As for the pike animation, I myself have no cluse how to edit animations so I will have for Ritter or Diego to fix it
    I got those stats from Honga.net. Their current stats might be outdated. If those are the true stats, I would recommend just lower morale to 60 but seriously buff up attack, charge and def. Maybe attack up to 42, chg 40 and def to 45. This is one notch below the top tier shock cavs such as Sauromatae Uaedaetae.

Quote Originally Posted by volleyfire View Post
    I have to apologize. The weaponsmith and armorsmith are working fine. I cleaned out the data folder and re-validated everything. Now it's working fine. Maybe some lingering old mods were creating the problem. Also, I thought fleets anchored in ports would create negative public order bonus? But in my current game, the first time I docked them, I get a positive bonus? Does this sound like a lingering-old-mod problem? Or it is designed that way?
    It doesn't show it in the PO summary but yes it gives a negative the next turn. Thats why we added a pop up message about it (shore leave)

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

I kinda figured out why some of the heavy shock cavs stats are out of wack. On honga.net, it shows many shock cavs have a positive shield def value even though the "shield" says on. So basically they have shield def without shield.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sarmarian cav.png  

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Thats why we added a pop up message about it (shore leave)
    I guess some rowdy drunk sailors chasing after other people's daughters and wives, huh.

Really enjoying 1.2 overall, especially with the recent Hellenic overhaul. But I do have one question, is there a reason that the standard Thorakitai and Thorakitai Doriphoroi were removed from the Seleucid roster? This puts them at somewhat of a disadvantage roster-wise, as the other Diadochoi states still retain those same units. There's simply no mid-tier units between the Thureophoroi (Euzonoi) and the elite silver shield/Agematos Thorakitai. Secondly, the silver shield thorakitai are almost double the cost of Thorakitai Agematos Basilikou, while the latter is (at least visually) a more elite unit. I understood the cost formula for the silver shield phalangites vs. the Bronze shields, but with no generic thorakitai to counterbalance their cost, the silver shield thorakitai seem way too expensive. If this was on purpose then I understand, but I'm going to miss fielding Roman-style armies as the Seleucids, even if they are not historically accurate.

Oh, okay sorry. You were the one who responded when I first mentioned the pike running animations being swapped so I just assumed you did the animation stuff.

I can take a look again at the pike animation entries and see if I can switch out the 2..
    Last edited by Dresden; June 10, 2017 at 01:44 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by KYREAPER View Post
    Im gonna upload a picture of my willy

At some point, the commercial stimulation Edict gets lowered from 20% slave increase down to only 10% ... and then its impossible to maintain slaves in your areas... im not sure what lowers it. I was using the slave market and went to lvl 3, but the bonuses and negatives dont say they lower slave population increase for commercial stimulation.... so idk why it somehow gets reduced...

but then you end up losing .2-4% each turn with commercial stimulation, and like 5% from sell slaves edict.. so im assuming you lose like 3% without an edict..

But it seems like once the commercial stimulation edict drops to only 10% slave growth, you have no way of maintaining your slaves... and you cant fight enemies in your territory once youve cleared them out. I was able to grow up to 70% slave population and then i sold them... but then the commercial stimulation dropped and now no matter what I lose slaves.

What causes this, am i missing something?

Iv got Level 3 slave markets in each province and this is occurring.

EDIT: Okay I found that its definitely the Slave market thats causing it. And i believe its a bug.
    -The slave market applies a -5% slave population to the "Sell slaves" edict... which is correctly does... BUT then it also applies that to the "commercial stimulation" edict, which its not supposed to do...(theres no tool tip stating it should do this). So im guessing its bugged and is incorrectly subtracting it from BOTH...

so if you upgrade the slave market, you actually start hurting yourself and it becomes impossible to actually maintain slaves, even when using "Commercial stimulation". Eventually it takes away all the +bonus to slave population from the "Commercial Stimulation" Edict and you always end up losing slaves.

Ill post this under the Bugs as well, I was unaware it was a bug until further investigation.
    Last edited by KYREAPER; June 10, 2017 at 11:43 PM.

I think siege towers need a buff. My heavy siege towers can't make it to the walls without going up in flames while ladders get there nearly every time, probably due to their smaller size. Considering ballista can be recruited from a level 1 workshop, can take down walls safely from outside tower range and the turn time it takes to make siege equipment while also needing a general levelled up to make heavy siege equipment I think either siege towers need to be easier to get than ballistas or worth the time it takes to get them. At the moment I just don't see a reason to get them. Maybe make ballistas recruit-able after scorpions/polybolos instead of before.

Another issue I have with sieges is burning oil from gates. It's researched early on and very deadly. I've never assaulted the gates before because of it. its just not worth watching your units die to oil, towers and enemy units at the gates. Perhaps burning oil can be a late game unlock instead of an early one?

Just some of my thoughts on sieges.

I honestly think the AI starts with boiling oil, no matter what. I may be wrong, but i dont think they have to research it.. I feel like on turn 3 or something if I attack, they have boiling oil. I could be wrong.