Page 8 of 378 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358108 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by hippacrocafish View Post
    I have to say, I find the replenishment system really obtuse. I managed to get a good game going as Media Atropatene, destroyed Armenia and got all the way to Samosata, but I've spent the last 15 turns marching from province to province trying to replenish my army, unable to attack Pontus because I'm not sure what the criteria are for replenishment. Been checking the populations for some sort of hint as to where I can replenish, and my home province is apparently bleeding nobles because of overpopulation? And Armenia is the only province where my 1st class citizens are growing, but it seems to be growing at literally 1 noble per turn, while it also has around 100,000 foreigners. I have tens of thousands of Paighan population but can't replenish them either. My army doesn't seem overly-noble heavy to me: 3 elite shield bearers, 6-8 regular shield bearers, 4-5 paighan skirmishers, bodyguard and the starting unit of skirmisher horse.

EDIT: If there's a thread about the population mod (People of Rome?) it should maybe be a sticky at the top of the sub-forum, seems to be a common point of confusion.
    I guess that you havent spent time actually searching for such a thread? Considering the fact that this is stickied on the main forum.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...and-Guides#R09

@Vladdy I think I may have to bump up their growth a bit, but temples and the main city buildings will give you 1st class growth

In terms of replenishment, as it says in this thread and in multiple posts we will be looking into how to best address the issue.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    It seems you are very interested in playing as Etruscans, which is great, but remember we did not intend for that to be a playable faction.
    Yes, I like that faction because they're situated in an interesting location in between the Celts and the expansive Romans. They really deserve to be playable. But they would need a port so they can trade with Syracuse, Carthage and maybe Massilia because Liguria don't like them until they have kicked the Roman's butt at least once.

If it's possible to add playable factions and you want some more of them in your mod, give Etruria a chance.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Their main problem is that they got wiped out so fast that their units should be only those early ones. I am not fully against giving factions 1 or 2 slightly hypothetical units (still placed on solid bases) but not entire made up mid/late game one. Also there is no way to give them port.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Also we have around 45 playable factions that we work to make fully customized and fleshed out (which we are still working on with various Hellenic ones right now, and maybe Carthage). The etruscans are supposed to be an early game speed bump for Rome, nothing more really.

With the AFP mod you get to try out a "what if" sort of thing if you want to play them, as that is the intent of that mod - try out various things. But its not really meant to be take as balanced.

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    I guess that you havent spent time actually searching for such a thread? Considering the fact that this is stickied on the main forum.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...and-Guides#R09
    Must have inadvertently ignored that thread. Even giving this guide a look, I'm not quite sure what I did to screw up my population balance so badly. I think I made Armenia too appealing compared to my home province, so everyone moved there? Shouldn't Armenia have a ton of 1st/2nd class citizens if that were the case? No armies have been in my home province for more than a turn, I kept it supplied with food. I'm guessing I'd have to exempt Armenia from tax and crank up the taxation everywhere else so all the nobles move there. Guess I'll just try another campaign and watch my population a little more closely.

Is there any advantage gained from having a foreign culture present? In the base game it bothered me because it made the point of the game to supress the foreign cultures as much as possible.
    I am playing as Pontus and it would be interesting if I had a reason to keep some of the native culture in my provinces.

Some factions have traits that make foreign cultures more bearable or better, but for the most part - no. Its mainly bad to have other cultures. I like the idea, though, of maybe accepting the negatives for some other positives (like maybe trade or something). That could be interesting. But, as it is now in the game, for the most part other cultures are bad.

Some factions have traits that make foreign cultures more bearable or better, but for the most part - no. Its mainly bad to have other cultures. I like the idea, though, of maybe accepting the negatives for some other positives (like maybe trade or something). That could be interesting. But, as it is now in the game, for the most part other cultures are bad.
    Thanks for clearing that. I guess I'll try to make my culture dominant in that case.
    For the future, I would suggest you give me a reason to make my empire multicultural. Maybe if I make Galatia too Greek I can't recruit Galatian Horses (AoR unit) or they become much more expansive. Or if I keep Persian culture in the east I can use some of their buildings that I can't construct myself in Greek provinces. It would be very interesting to try to balance that with the public order penalty.

That would have to be some sort of scripted system probably. Not that its impossible, but it would be yet another script system in the mod - and we have quite a bit so far already. But yes I do like that idea.

That would have to be some sort of scripted system probably. Not that its impossible, but it would be yet another script system in the mod - and we have quite a bit so far already. But yes I do like that idea.
    Well, I don't know anything about scripts but your recruitment is already connected to culture (I can't recruit some units unless my culture is dominant) so I thought maybe there's more to that system and maybe it will make me lose acces to some units over time but I guess that could recuire more work than I thought.

If I remember in 1.2 we have removed that actually, since we have the population system now. Or at least I thought we had.

1st of all congratulations to everyone that worked for this mod! probably the best mod i have seen in any game so far in terms of changes and hours spent to have this for us civilians for free.
    That said i started as Sparta on hard campaign/normal battle settings, and i only played 5 years(20 turns) so far. I am playing a little passive here since i got limited options on what to do. The easiest one is to just go and take apolonia from Epirus since their armies are in Italy. I also have this chapter objective that requires to either capture the last settlement from Epirus or just make them client state, but at the same time i don't want holdings from now in Italy next to Rome(its not like an easy thing to capture Epirus city in italy with both their walls and armies there anyway). The other option is to declare war to either Athens, Knossos or Aetolians. Those are kin which i assume can be confederate if i get strong or if they get to weak against other cultures and since there is another chapter objective to confederate 1 faction i am all in for that. So i decided to go a little passive and attack at 1st opportunity considering that i want to complete chapter objectives(the 3rd one is to declare war on Macedon) along with attacking to Epirus as soon they lose their holdings to Italy which might never happen. So far what is happened is a war declaration of Athens against Macedon followed by Aetolians, which also are at war with Epirus aswell. Athens made military Alliance with Aetolians. Athens don't have any doom stack so far but aetolians have 1 full stack and they started a 2nd one with 3 units. They move around their borders. Macedon also have 2 stacks but better quality units.Pyrrus also arrived in Apolonia in the last turn with his small but quality stack(elephants ect) but looks like there was a battle somewhere since all his units are half health. No army so far takes initiative which looks reasonable(except that it looks like Epirus had a battle somewhere probably vs Romans). My question considering the situation is: does AI factions take initiative at some point or they remain passive till player trigers an event such as a war to someone for example?
    Also i got a question considering patrol stance. I understand that in order to change stance you got to get your army outside of the city. Then switch to patrol. When you are in patrol stance you can move back in the city and continue the patrol stance. Is that a bug or is it supposed to work that way, because when you are in the city you can't change stances. Sorry of someone else already asked this in some other thread. Don't bother to answer me that last one if is already been answered. I will look more into bug thread.

And again great job guys! you are the best!

AI decisions and actions are many times random or dependent on multiple variables. Every campaign is different.

Patrol region is not intended to be used inside a city. Its a failure in the game engine that you can move into a city without movement points from just outside. So its not intended that you can ever use patrol region in a city, the entire point of that stance is to offset the fact that garrisoning troops reduces public order.

I'm not a fan of the AI being excluded by said public order negative I was playing Athens and Sparta decided to declare war on me where they had a full stack of Spartan hoplites which I know a actually player doesn't have the population for if they wanted, plus a secondary stack of swordsmen and horsemen and kept the Spartans in their town indefinatly keeping a +50 public order so I couldn't do jack squat about it especially since you can barely afford a single stack now.

As with most systems, the AI wouldn't understand it - we can't reprogram the AI. If they didn't have exclusions and bonuses, there would be no challenge whatsoever.

Civis

Have you guys managed to do anything about the possibility to get a peace treaty if a factions enemy have lost cities and battles or does the ai still think it will be able to win although everything points against that?

Did the mechanic where raiding decreases siege time make it in to 1.2? And if so how does it work exactly?

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    Did the mechanic where raiding decreases siege time make it in to 1.2? And if so how does it work exactly?
    It did. You need two armies for this. One needs to be raiding the enemy province and the other needs to be sieging the town. Just know that you need to set the first army in raiding stance before you besiege the town. Otherwise the effect wont work.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    It did. You need two armies for this. One needs to be raiding the enemy province and the other needs to be sieging the town. Just know that you need to set the first army in raiding stance before you besiege the town. Otherwise the effect wont work.
    Awesome, glad it made it in. Thanks Flash.