Page 7 of 372 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257107 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 7428

Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

  1. #121

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    I'm about 130 turns in as Rome and I'm very impressed so far. The AI seems a lot more intelligent all round. Just to give a brief history to highlight, how impressed I am by everything. Playing on H/N.

    Quickly defeated Epirus and Rasena? and drove them out of Italy taking control of Latinum and Italia. After I did that, I focused solely on growing the economy and defending my borders whilst supporting Athens and Macedon in their war against Epirus and Sparta. Syracuse declared war on me and was promptly destroyed by Carthage. Sparta and Athens continued trading blows until Massalia joined the war and their fellow Greeks, and took Sparta, followed quickly by Macedon finally destroying Epirus. Greece was finally enjoying some peace, that is until the northern tribes declared war on Rome (myself) drawing in my Greek allies causing the entire region to erupt into war once again.

    I stayed largely un-involved in the war itself, offering token support. Relations between Cartage and Rome continued to deteriorate to the point they declared war. I took control of Sicily relatively quickly but lost a region to a massive invasion force. Carthage, simultaneously sent a reasonable force straight into central Italy taking Beneventium and Asculum which caused massive disruption. Finally driven them out and retaken Sicily, but my god was it amazing! It was so immersive and enjoyable seeing the AI exploit my weakness. I'm finally mustering a 4th Legion to secure the Italian mainland and invade Corsica. As this was occurring the northern Greek tribes were being wiped out by Athens and the Macedonians, with Athens becoming the dominant power of the region. We'll see how long that will last. Who know what may happen next though?

    Enough of a history lesson, not exactly useful feedback.

    A few things I have noticed; some of the AoR units have different flags. Not a huge issue, but it may be something you'll want to make more uniform. Some buildings haven't had a description when built and the some of the "In This Year" events have had small errors mainly relating to the use of numbers and special characters I believe.

  2. #122
    hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,692

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    I just had a cool diplomatic incident as Kolkhis (I'm playing them because I'm a glutton for pain).

    So I was afraid of getting crushed by the Bosporan Kingdom, but I noticed that they did not like Pontos and Trapezos (allied), so I declared war on Trapezos. When I asked the Bosporans for a non-aggression pact, they instead offered to join the war against Pontos for a small payment. Then they accepted the non-aggression pact. The AI is acting intelligently!

    EDIT: Nevermind. Bosporans declared war on me immediately after.
    Last edited by hippacrocafish; January 09, 2017 at 06:05 AM.

  3. #123
    KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Gdańsk, Poland
    Posts
    10,898

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    Quote Originally Posted by karasis View Post
    Yeah.I mean shield protection value in armor stats.İf thats the case I wonder how frontal missile protection(Shield protection) work?
    Shields have block chance to deflect missiles. Bigger shield, bigger chance.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

  4. #124

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    Quote Originally Posted by hippacrocafish View Post
    I just had a cool diplomatic incident as Kolkhis (I'm playing them because I'm a glutton for pain).

    So I was afraid of getting crushed by the Bosporan Kingdom, but I noticed that they did not like Pontos and Trapezos (allied), so I declared war on Trapezos. When I asked the Bosporans for a non-aggression pact, they instead offered to join the war against Pontos for a small payment. Then they accepted the non-aggression pact. The AI is acting intelligently!

    EDIT: Nevermind. Bosporans declared war on me immediately after.
    What is your campaign difficulty? I tried to play as Kartli on hard difficulty and I always end in tears of blood. I cant deal with public order and massive AI armies. Kartlian starting troops are trash beyond salvation, they run away as soon as enemy pat them on shoulder.

    EDIT: Finally managed to get somewhat good start as Kartli. The key mistake I was making was that I was rushing. I was trying to conquer Caucasus as soon possible and that's why I was ending beaten to death by AI. Instead of rushing I tried to turtle and it worked. Near turn 15 everybody hated and were at war with Colchis. Armies of Colchis had to leave the city and I happily provided my army as a garrison. Now I have secured Caucasus and everybody at least tolerates me. The fact that I defeated Colchis helped me to leave positive impression on my neighbors.
    Last edited by Ostrogoth; January 09, 2017 at 10:17 AM.

  5. #125

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Shields have block chance to deflect missiles. Bigger shield, bigger chance.
    İs this a visible info?Or are there any shield size value list?

  6. #126
    KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Gdańsk, Poland
    Posts
    10,898

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    It will be added to UI in next update.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

  7. #127

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    I'm playing as the Etruscans, a faction not supposed to be played but open for it with the AFP mod. In the tech tree Military → Management there is the technology/knowledge Provincial Romanization. I guess you are convinced that Rome will control the whole Apennine Peninsula which is why. But if that doesn't happen, what will that tech tree do to a non-roman culture whether it's Etruscans, Syracuse, Epeiros or an emergent one?

    The Etruscans attacked and liberated the city of Rome. The emergent faction now controlling Rome is Senatus Romanum. Isn't that a bit odd when Rome (the empire) was ruled by the senate? Wouldn't it be better to let the emergent faction in the city of Rome be Regnum Romanum and in that way show a difference from the Roman senate (Roma faction) by now having the old Roman Kingdom back again?
    Last edited by Gusten Grodslukare; January 09, 2017 at 08:33 AM.

  8. #128
    FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    5,869

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    We havent done anything with the techs, so if it doesnt seem to fit, its because we havent touched it.. yet.
    What is the effect?

  9. #129

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    It will be added to UI in next update.
    Am I right in saying that there is a stat controlling the run/gallop speed of units? If so, that would definitely be a worthwhile statistic to add - especially for mounted units.

  10. #130

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    @FlashHeart07


    I don't know anything about the effect for other cultures than Roman. That tech is in the end of that tech line so it's too far away for me to find out. That's why I asked the people behind the mod. You and the other ones should know what that tech do to the Romans and maybe would know, or predict, how it would effect non-Roman cultures.

  11. #131
    FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    5,869

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    First off. Just because we made the mod doesnt mean that we can remember every single db entry That would be impossible. And even though the tech is at the far end, hovering your mouse over the image of the tech will show the effects. Perhaps you could attach a screenshot of the tech in question

  12. #132
    KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Gdańsk, Poland
    Posts
    10,898

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    Quote Originally Posted by KennyTheKlever View Post
    Am I right in saying that there is a stat controlling the run/gallop speed of units? If so, that would definitely be a worthwhile statistic to add - especially for mounted units.
    Sadly no because in Rome 2 only shows round values (unless someone can change it). So if a unit has a speed of 2.9 and other has a speed of 3, the first one will just have speed of 2 visible, which might imply big speed difference between those two. In Attila they show values like 2.9 as 29 but not here.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

  13. #133

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Gusten Grodslukare View Post
    The Etruscans attacked and liberated the city of Rome. The emergent faction now controlling Rome is Senatus Romanum. Isn't that a bit odd when Rome (the empire) was ruled by the senate? Wouldn't it be better to let the emergent faction in the city of Rome be Regnum Romanum and in that way show a difference from the Roman senate (Roma faction) by now having the old Roman Kingdom back again?
    Fair point. I can rename that pretty easily.

    Also hey, "Senatus Romanum" is incorrect Latin anyway (should be "Romanus"). Why didn't I catch that before? Well, I'm changing it anyway, so no big deal.
    Last edited by Augustusng; January 09, 2017 at 09:29 AM.

  14. #134

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    in this version the battles are more realistic,the units are no longer struggling in rigid blocks,the deforming the line and the formation,the morale is also more realistic, taking into account many realistic and historical factors,a persian style oriental army can easily disband and that is historically realistic,a barbarian army can be deadly in the first charges, but come down if the opposing army holds the ground,other aspects the veteran units, the quality of the general and many other factors that this mod i think takes into account.
    the new unit cards are excellent, the best i've seen,But there are still many units in all factions that have the cards from the previous versión,i would like to know if the work of the unit cards will is completed in some patch or next version.
    concluding,this mod is the best that exists on this epoch and hopefully continue improving it and adding more aspects that make it even better.congratulation.
    Last edited by Anibal at portas; January 09, 2017 at 09:48 AM.

  15. #135
    FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    5,869

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    Considering that we have more than 1800 units in the mod and that Rusty, the guy creating these beautiful unit cards have been working extremely hard these last couple of months. They will be done when they are done. I wouldnt be the one to push him in order to have them all done by the next patch. This is still only a beta release.

  16. #136

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    i am impatient to see all the finished unit cards and that future new units your unit cards are made by this modder,his work is excellent and of quality.
    i would like that exist differentiations in unit cards between very similar units as it happens with the iberian and balearic infantry that is in the roster of carthage and eastern lancers of different regions that are in the roster of partia between other factions
    i like the unit cards of the cavalry are the most difficult to represent and the unit cards of the cavalry are perfect,the dynamics in all units,a success of giving different poses and so varied to the unit cards,it is immersive to be able to count on these unit cards in the armies.
    Last edited by Anibal at portas; January 09, 2017 at 10:31 AM.

  17. #137

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    Not sure if this is a bug or a design choice, but fatigue doesn't seem to affect units anymore. I have a fresh principes fighting an exhausted Golberi Curoas (Gallic Mercenary Sword Band) and there doesnt seem to much difference. They're both just kind of getting a few kills every now and then. I seem to remember in 1.1 fresh Principes against exhausted gallic swordsmen would just walk in and more or less slaughter them.

    Also, their unit shows no negative in melee attack/defense/morale, in fact they show bonuses to those stats.

  18. #138
    KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Gdańsk, Poland
    Posts
    10,898

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    I actually increased fatigue penalties a lot as they were rather low in previous version due to dumb AI. But I will see into it.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

  19. #139

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    Great mod. First of all, I would like to know which are the special region capitals. I'm currently playing as Ptolemaic Egypt to test this beta and I want to know if there are any special buildings you can build in Alexandria. Secondly, I played very conservative just to see how the population system works and what's new from 1.1 and just about the time when I wanted to build a large army full of good soldiers to start conquering, I'm seeing that I can recruit only 3 or 4 units of the best pikemen and cavalry, because the Eugeneis, the first class citizens numbers somehow keep going down. Why is this happening and how can I increase the first class citizen pool so I can recruit those special elite troops? Should I build temples on top of temples? Because any other building give 2nd, 3rd class and foreigner boosts.
    I currently own Aegyptos and Yehuda regions, all of Cyrenaica through satrapies, plus have 3 or 4 satrapies in Asia Minor and Europe. The income is good, but I can't recruit good soldiers because of the 1st class citizen pool getting smaller, while the other classes increase. The Seleucids are gonna come knocking at my door soon and they come with Hetairoi cavalry and bronze shield pikemen, while I can recruit only 1 or 2 units of Kleruchoi pikemen
    Since the obvious incentive is to develop and build bigger, better cities and armies through research and conquest, I hope this population system doesn't force me to train rabble and poor quality soldiers in order to conquer or protect my regions in the medium/ late game. Early game should be tough to build a decent quality army, but in the medium and late game doesn't have any logic to be this difficult and throws away any sign of progression and evolution. Besides, the AI still recruits full stacks, but now comes with elite troops at you.

  20. #140

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    Quote Originally Posted by hippacrocafish View Post
    The AI seem to be too friendly with each other, especially the Seleucid satrapies with their overlord. I haven't seen any of them rebel in any of the campaigns I've tried.
    I am not sure why the Seleucid satrapies aren't rebelling as they normally did in previous versions. We didn't change anything there and they still hate them. I am going to be changing some diplomacy factors next update to see how it goes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Theramines View Post
    I played as the Roman Nobiles (Normal/Normal). It was much, much harder than 1.1. Maybe I was doing it wrong, but I could never field more than 1.5 stacks of low grade to middling units. In 269BC Carthage declared war; in 268 Liguria; then Dalmatia in about 263 declared war and invaded the Peninsula. That tipped the balance and by 258 the last remnants of Roman resistance were wiped out near Rome.

    My reputation was always steadfast, and my relationship with Carthage was green when they declared war. The Ligurians and Dalmatae were yellow. Before that Syracuse had declared war despite being green. Perhaps I was unlucky, or incompetent, or the Nobiles' diplomatic penalties are too harsh, but it seems the AI is just a bit M2TW.

    Another thing from a gameplay perspective is that I found garrison units next to useless and it wasn't worth my while to manually fight their battles. They barely inflicted enough casualties to merit the time and effort, so I ended up auto-resolving a lot.

    However, awesome fun! I'm going to try the Equites or Patricians next.
    Diplo negatives probably hurt alot. But, as you can read in other feedback here, some people find the AI too passive. A lot of Rome 2 is a sandbox, meaning things can be random each campaign. Its hard to balance properly due to this.

    Quickly defeated Epirus and Rasena? and drove them out of Italy taking control of Latinum and Italia. After I did that, I focused solely on growing the economy and defending my borders whilst supporting Athens and Macedon in their war against Epirus and Sparta. Syracuse declared war on me and was promptly destroyed by Carthage. Sparta and Athens continued trading blows until Massalia joined the war and their fellow Greeks, and took Sparta, followed quickly by Macedon finally destroying Epirus. Greece was finally enjoying some peace, that is until the northern tribes declared war on Rome (myself) drawing in my Greek allies causing the entire region to erupt into war once again.

    I stayed largely un-involved in the war itself, offering token support. Relations between Cartage and Rome continued to deteriorate to the point they declared war. I took control of Sicily relatively quickly but lost a region to a massive invasion force. Carthage, simultaneously sent a reasonable force straight into central Italy taking Beneventium and Asculum which caused massive disruption. Finally driven them out and retaken Sicily, but my god was it amazing! It was so immersive and enjoyable seeing the AI exploit my weakness. I'm finally mustering a 4th Legion to secure the Italian mainland and invade Corsica. As this was occurring the northern Greek tribes were being wiped out by Athens and the Macedonians, with Athens becoming the dominant power of the region. We'll see how long that will last. Who know what may happen next though?

    Enough of a history lesson, not exactly useful feedback.

    A few things I have noticed; some of the AoR units have different flags. Not a huge issue, but it may be something you'll want to make more uniform. Some buildings haven't had a description when built and the some of the "In This Year" events have had small errors mainly relating to the use of numbers and special characters I believe.
    Wow that sounds really great! Glad to hear about a dynamic campaign like that. The unit cards - we are slowly working on overhauling them, so some are still our old version. Poor Rusty has to do 2000 units.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gusten Grodslukare View Post
    I'm playing as the Etruscans, a faction not supposed to be played but open for it with the AFP mod. In the tech tree Military → Management there is the technology/knowledge Provincial Romanization. I guess you are convinced that Rome will control the whole Apennine Peninsula which is why. But if that doesn't happen, what will that tech tree do to a non-roman culture whether it's Etruscans, Syracuse, Epeiros or an emergent one?
    We haven't done much to overhaul tech trees yet, much less for factions that aren't playable in the mod As you said yourself, you are playing a faction that is not designed to be played and didn't even exist in DeI until 1.2. It seems you are very interested in playing as Etruscans, which is great, but remember we did not intend for that to be a playable faction. As I have said multiple times now, the AFP mod is there for fun and has plenty of issues with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vladdy Daddy View Post
    Great mod. First of all, I would like to know which are the special region capitals. I'm currently playing as Ptolemaic Egypt to test this beta and I want to know if there are any special buildings you can build in Alexandria. Secondly, I played very conservative just to see how the population system works and what's new from 1.1 and just about the time when I wanted to build a large army full of good soldiers to start conquering, I'm seeing that I can recruit only 3 or 4 units of the best pikemen and cavalry, because the Eugeneis, the first class citizens numbers somehow keep going down. Why is this happening and how can I increase the first class citizen pool so I can recruit those special elite troops? Should I build temples on top of temples? Because any other building give 2nd, 3rd class and foreigner boosts.
    I currently own Aegyptos and Yehuda regions, all of Cyrenaica through satrapies, plus have 3 or 4 satrapies in Asia Minor and Europe. The income is good, but I can't recruit good soldiers because of the 1st class citizen pool getting smaller, while the other classes increase. The Seleucids are gonna come knocking at my door soon and they come with Hetairoi cavalry and bronze shield pikemen, while I can recruit only 1 or 2 units of Kleruchoi pikemen
    Since the obvious incentive is to develop and build bigger, better cities and armies through research and conquest, I hope this population system doesn't force me to train rabble and poor quality soldiers in order to conquer or protect my regions in the medium/ late game. Early game should be tough to build a decent quality army, but in the medium and late game doesn't have any logic to be this difficult and throws away any sign of progression and evolution. Besides, the AI still recruits full stacks, but now comes with elite troops at you.
    If you completely drain a population pool, especially 1st class, it will take some time to replenish - many turns. The idea is to spread out recruitment from the start so you don't completely use up various population pools.
    Some Greek factions have it especially harsh since they rely a lot on 1st and 2nd class.

    The special capitals are just the main city building, you can see more about it in the building preview. Special buildings in other slots can be found in resource regions.
    Last edited by Dresden; January 09, 2017 at 01:58 PM.

    ----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •